• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 121
Posts: 121   Pages: 5   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 20344 times and has 120 replies Next Thread
Lotus_elise3

MMA Thread Reply to this Post

Anderson Silva vs Vitor Belfort
Not sure if anyone on here watches MMA i know it's not to everyones liking but tonights big fight night in the UFC with middleweight champion Anderson 'The Spider' Silva defending his title against Vitor Belfort which is finally the biggest test of Silva's career and should be an exciting fight. Hoping for a Belfort KO tonight however he hasnt fought since 2009 which makes it even more interesting.

Jon Jones vs Ryan Bader
If that wasn't enough you have Jon 'Bonez' Jones vs Ryan 'Darth' Bader which is actually the fight im personally looking forward to, two very exciting fighters with knockout power and very good prospects in their division Jones is 12-1 and that 1 loss being a very harsh DQ to Matt Hamill for illegal elbows, Ryan Bader is 12-0 a very strong powerful fighter, some vicious knockout power and an NCAA Division 1 Wrestler very exciting match up and this fight will probably determine who goes on to get the next title shot. Jon Jones via Decision i think

Forrest Griffin vs Rich Franklin
Possibly the best card UFC have produced for awhile, UFC legends Forrest Griffin and Rich Franklin could be a main event fight on any other card, both have been in the ufc for a long time now both top class fighters who rarely produce a boring fight, if they keep the fight on the feet i cant see it going to a decision someone will get knocked out. I'll go with a KO for Rich Franklin.

Fantastic card and fights tonight, anyone else watching this tonight or have any predictions for the card in general?
----------------------------------------
A Confirmed Basterd, Antix
Of Guerrilla Warfare 2018 fame

[Edit 4 times, last edit by Lotus_elise3 at Feb 5, 2011 6:04:03 PM]
[Feb 5, 2011 5:20:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Peter_Blood

Re: MMA Thread Reply to this Post

Which female will be first to post drool comment?
Robberbaron

BSB - Midnight
MG - Sage

Sacrificing Minions: Is there any problem it can't solve? - OotS #192
[Feb 5, 2011 5:28:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barrelmonkey

New Subject:

Why does Antix enjoy watching grown men hit each other in the balls over and over again until one of them "wins"?
[Feb 5, 2011 6:25:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

New Subject:

Why does Antix enjoy watching grown men hit each other in the balls over and over again until one of them "wins"?

Hitting each other in the balls? Dude, i don't think you've been watching MMA.

Also get back to changing snacks in hospital vending machines Romtu, you is lazy brah.

[Feb 5, 2011 6:27:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

The real question is why are the top two pictures mirrored...?

Also, why are Japanese fighters always so underwhelming? They've had MMA for years and martial arts for centuries. Fail.
I am Lotsofgoats and I approve this message.
[Feb 5, 2011 6:27:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

Double post. Awesome mobile internet.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Lotus_elise3 at Feb 5, 2011 6:31:42 PM]
[Feb 5, 2011 6:28:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

Oh hey another fight is over already.

The hell was that?
[Feb 5, 2011 6:30:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

21 seconds not a bad nights work.

Yeah ive always thought that about the japanese fighters, they dont really have any outstsnding fighters IMO unless you watch some of the Japanese promotions like K-1 or something.

The brits are lacking any real quality well rounded fighters aswell, our guys know how to throw a punch thats about it dont have any black belt BJJ guys or anyone who can be classed as well rounded at the moment. Hardy and Bisping have both gotten KO'd pretty badly recently and they're our supposed best fighters, Bisping spent the entire Henderson fight circling into Hendo's powerful right. Moron.

Hope Paul Kelly does well..

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Lotus_elise3 at Feb 5, 2011 6:38:03 PM]
[Feb 5, 2011 6:36:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

Hope Paul Kelly does well..

lol'd
[Feb 5, 2011 7:04:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

I give up on British fighters..

I liked the cheap shot when touching gloves, real classy.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Lotus_elise3 at Feb 5, 2011 7:10:26 PM]
[Feb 5, 2011 7:09:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

Silva vs Belfort. I WANT Belfort to win, but I expect Silva to keep the title.

Franklin vs Griffin: I want and expect Forest Griffin win.

Bader vs Jones: JON BONE JONES GONNA WIN BABY!

Watching the PPV now.
"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal."- Friedrich Hayek
[Feb 5, 2011 7:10:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LtJamesDoom

The problem with the Brits is they all have garbage wrestling skills. It's not their fault really, I mean they typically have great boxing, its just that wrestling is a sport the UK never really embraced like here in the States and it happens to be a big part of MMA. If Paul Daley could keep all his fights standing he would be untouchable.

I think a lot of Asian fighters have trouble due to the lack of quality camps in Japan and other countries out there. They are typically the best guy in their camp, so I doubt they have much productivity in training. The Asian fighters who do well like Yushin Okami spend a lot of time in the US.
-Jamesdoom

For your health!
[Feb 5, 2011 7:29:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

Torres picking Banuelos apart with the jab and reach advantage, i dont know a lot about either of these guys but figured Banuelos would have tried to take him down by now as he's doing a poor job of closing down that reach advantage.

[Feb 5, 2011 7:32:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LtJamesDoom

If I had to bet my house on it, I would have to go with Silva tonight. But I have this sinking feeling Vitor is going to connect early and lay him out.
-Jamesdoom

For your health!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by LtJamesDoom at Feb 5, 2011 7:38:12 PM]
[Feb 5, 2011 7:37:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

Torres picking Banuelos apart with the jab and reach advantage, i dont know a lot about either of these guys but figured Banuelos would have tried to take him down by now as he's doing a poor job of closing down that reach advantage.
Torres is damn good. Watch for him to do well.

Rocha just had an awesome first round, what amazing ground game.
"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal."- Friedrich Hayek
[Feb 5, 2011 7:50:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

Torres is damn good. Watch for him to do well.

Rocha just had an awesome first round, what amazing ground game.

Yeah, Rocha looks impressive those were some sick transitions and submission attempts.

Ellenberger doing well to get out of it though.

[Feb 5, 2011 7:52:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

Damn, Ellenberger was saved by the bell again. He might've got Triangled.
[Feb 5, 2011 7:56:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

Harsh decision for Rocha to take some judges score takedowns pretty highly even when you do nothing after them.

Jon Jones v Bader time for another masterclass from Jones.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Lotus_elise3 at Feb 5, 2011 8:21:28 PM]
[Feb 5, 2011 8:10:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

First round: ALL JON JONES

Edit: Second round: Wow. That guillotine was amazing. His ridiculous arm length really make all types of chokes from all angles work.

Second edit; WOW. Jon Jones is getting a title shot? Shogun / Jones. That's gonna be good. I wonder what's going to replace the main event in a few months that was supposed to be Evans/Rua.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Smackey at Feb 5, 2011 8:28:02 PM]
[Feb 5, 2011 8:19:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

It's scary how quickly Jones is tearing through this division and making it look so easy at the same time.

Great performance.

EDIT: Jones v Shogun for the title that is a match i cant wait to see, fully deserved aswell.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Lotus_elise3 at Feb 5, 2011 8:28:30 PM]
[Feb 5, 2011 8:26:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LtJamesDoom

Jones vs Shogun, shit just got real
-Jamesdoom

For your health!
[Feb 5, 2011 8:28:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

They're fighting in two months. That's awesome.
[Feb 5, 2011 8:29:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

Jones vs Shogun, shit just got real

I actually think thats a better fight than the Shogun v Evans that was originally going to happen. Jones beats Shogun and then Jones v Evans?

I'll take that.

[Feb 5, 2011 8:32:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LtJamesDoom

Shogun and Jones are two of my favorites at LHW, this is win-win for me hehe. I am just happy Bader lost, not a big fan of his.
-Jamesdoom

For your health!
[Feb 5, 2011 8:38:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

Shogun and Jones are two of my favorites at LHW, this is win-win for me hehe. I am just happy Bader lost, not a big fan of his.

Bader has a lot of work to do if he plans on becoming champion in this division he just got dominated but he has plenty of time to improve his game.

Franklin via KO in this one, gotta love Griffin though.

[Feb 5, 2011 8:40:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

Franklin needs to stop the takedown if he wants any chance of winning this.
[Feb 5, 2011 8:46:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

What is up with that trashy video game introduction? God, that was horrible.
[Feb 5, 2011 9:04:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

Franklin needs to stop the takedown if he wants any chance of winning this.

^This.

Decent fight although i was expecting a Griffin v Bonnar style war.

Hopefully Vitor can knock Silva out shortly and everyone can go home happy.

[Feb 5, 2011 9:05:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

Hopefully Vitor can knock Silva out shortly and everyone can go home happy.

It needs to happen! Cross fingers!
[Feb 5, 2011 9:16:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

ROLFOFRORFOLRFOLRFOLROLRFLORFOL

BELFORT GOT WRECKED! WOW!
[Feb 5, 2011 9:21:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 121   Pages: 5   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates