• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1923 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
piratejoshh

Pirate Family Fortunes. Reply to this Post

Hello,

I have had this Idea for a while now and being thinking about prizes and how it should be ran.

The Idea is based around the game "Family Fortunes" Only 2teams of 5 can play. Which is a little bit of a shame however. Do you have any ideas how these 2 teams should be picked. Which is fair on everyone.

I hope to send a pirate survey out when I have finished planning. I will collect 100 results. I have a few questions which I think would be good like" What sword do you currently have equipped?, What do you think the easiest puzzle is? Whats your fav In game colour? (Please Post questions which you think are suitable below and if you don't think mine will be suitable tell me)

The game will be ran in a palace or a house. It will be open to everyone to come and watch. The hard part maybe communicating however. I plan to have 2 alts jobbed into the crews of the players so we can communicate away from the noise of the house. I will then run the event similar to family fortunes. I will start off with a quiz question to decide who goes first. I will then ask a question like "What sword do did 100 people have equipped when they filled in the survey?" We will go ask each player what they think. The will score points depending if they got the right answer and how many people said it. For example 39 people said stick. the team would get 39 points. If they get 2! ( I think 3 could be to many) failed answers, play will go to the other team.

I have thought of giving the winning players 100k each. This being a good amount. Do you think it will be to much or to little? Random prizes will also be award if a player guess the right answer. If a player guess stick and for the sword question and a prize was on stick they would be awarded with the prize. I currently have thought of a "cruise around a stunning island" ( This being a sloop to CI with) A meal for 2 (Table, Chairs,Food,Drink). Any other ideas would be cool :)

Please feed back if you think its a good idea and if it would be successful. I clearly have missed many hidden problems of running the event.

Jjosh (Flocktarts)
----------------------------------------
Jjosh.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by piratejoshh at Dec 24, 2010 6:35:41 AM]
[Dec 24, 2010 6:35:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zfuzzy

Re: Pirate Family Fortunes. Reply to this Post

OOoooh! The idea seems really fun. And I think the prizes are great, maybe a bit much, but I dont think the people playign will mind :P

Now onto the first question you wanted to know, how can you pick the teams, maybe have Them pick them selves, and have each possible team write a very short story about their family.((Honestly just for laughs...)

And on a smaller note, in some countries in the world the game is also called Family Feud^
Mrodd of Viridian :)
[Dec 24, 2010 11:25:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackarius23

The teams would have to be groups of mates, the prize could be as it is, how many points they get (x1000?)

Also would you have the quickfire round?

"Name a vegetable you can peel"
"orange"
Kork, Meridian
Jackarius, Cerulean

Cleaver is going to strangle all of you.

[Dec 24, 2010 4:01:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

I ran a Family Feud / Family Fortunes event back in 2007, here's what it looked like to run mine:

I used the survey site zoomerang.com for the survey itself. Works really well, let's you, and only you, look at the results. Funny enough, it limits the number of completions to 100, so you get the exact number of answers you're looking for. I'd also recommend picking questions that don't have a very limited answer possibility.

Here's the event thread itself:
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=77087

Here's the thread I made for pirates to take the survey, I offered incentives to the pirates who completed the survey:
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=1222663#1222663

I hope this information could be somewhat helpful when making your event and I wish you good luck!
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Dec 24, 2010 4:23:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates