• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 904 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Sagacious

YPP BattleReady - A ship tool for blockade prep Reply to this Post

There are several tools out there which help parse and display vessel information from the game - usually using spreadsheets. I was asked by someone whether it would be possible to simply take the in-game vessel list and count how many battle-ready ships there were.

Thus, YPP BattleReady was born. It's a collection perl scripts which quickly counts all the battle ready ships in a crew - and gives you the totals in a text file. But not only that, there's a "Locate" feature - which will provide a breakdown of where the battle ready ships are. It even gives you separate lists by vessel type.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- Installation --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Download BattleReady (ZIP archive) - Extract it somewhere nice.
    BattleReady's only dependancy is perl.
  • For Windows, get Strawberry perl from http://strawberryperl.com/
    Installation should be straightforward - it tends to install itself under C:\strawberry\ - please allow Strawberry perl to install in its default location - or it may not work =)
  • For Linux and Mac, there should be no additional installation required
    -- How to Use --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Open the dock interface and click on "Where are my vessels?"
    2. Click anywhere on the page, then press Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C
    3. Open shiplist.txt - delete anything already there - then paste & save
  • Windows can click the files named "Win-"
  • Mac users can click the files named "Mac-"
  • Linux users should execute "Lin-" files from the terminal using "bash filename"
    • Counter: Simply counts all battle ready ships and gives totals for each type
    • Locator: Creates lists of battle ready ships broken down by island, with a separate file for each ship type plus one file which covers all types.
    5. You'll find all the output files in the output folder.

The script is very fast (it can process about 50,000 ships in <2 seconds on my computer) so don't be surprised to see a black command prompt appear and disappear very quickly. The tool likely did all its work. I plan to expand the scripts to also be able to provide the names of the ships a specified island - they are already tracked, I just have to add code which allows you to choose a specific island and/or a specific ship type first.
    ----------------------------------------
    Cerulean & Meridian - Icemeister
    Emerald & Obsidian - incognito!
    #TeamPurple
    [Edit 5 times, last edit by Sagacious at Nov 29, 2010 5:07:01 PM]
  • [Nov 28, 2010 7:27:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Sagacious

Re: YPP BattleReady - A ship tool for blockades Reply to this Post

Just released a new version YPPBattleReady-1.1c - to add scripts for Mac (Thanks to Donsmythe for his work on those!)
    Cerulean & Meridian - Icemeister
    Emerald & Obsidian - incognito!
    #TeamPurple
    [Edit 3 times, last edit by Sagacious at Nov 29, 2010 12:04:11 AM]
    [Nov 28, 2010 9:27:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Aethera21

What a genius idea! I'm downloading this as soon as I get home.
    Aethera of Cobalt Cerulean
    Princess of Maniacal Menagerie
    Blockade staff on any ocean
    [Nov 29, 2010 8:33:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Lazyeyes1991

Works great :)
    Lesgreg
    [Nov 29, 2010 12:33:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    [Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates