• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 53
Posts: 53   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8260 times and has 52 replies Next Thread
Culiford

Re: Intent for Cleopatra's Pearls

We haven't asked since then. It would've been nice if they'd let people know that they changed policy, though, since we've been told for years now that banks are being preserved in case of future releases that required them.

Time for Midnight to become bank-free?
----------------------------------------
Culliford on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince of Universe A
[Oct 17, 2010 7:20:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

Yeah, we've been told that the Ringers (or maybe just Cleaver) have something in mind for the banks something like four times longer than we had banks. Or rather, we were told once, and then nothing.
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[Edit 1 times, last edit by cmdrzoom at Oct 17, 2010 7:53:21 PM]
[Oct 17, 2010 7:52:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wonkothes

Just a note on the bank, Cold Steel has asked repeatedly for the bank on Wrasse to be removed, to no avail. I hope you are more successful.

That's interesting! The official policy page (http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Official:Policy#Dusting_Buildings:) says that banks may be dusted when requested through a petition, and "you may be asked why you want to dust it".

I will just have to try!

(Edit to add: I note that the policy about dusting banks was only added on 6th August 2010, by Artemis. If you asked before then, it is probably worth asking again!)

Thank you for pointing this out. We'll try again. I think the answer to why? on a blue ocean would be that they are useless.
Wonkots Governor of Wrasse
Cleaver wrote: 
Your new Penguin Overlords will be along shortly to begin the long and 'difficult' process of 'correction'."

[Oct 18, 2010 2:23:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pixulayted

on a blue ocean would be that they are useless.

banks are fun.
[Oct 18, 2010 2:55:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
harrjm

I think having a Dev remove a bank is more complicated than just, "Because they are useless on blue oceans." You have to give them a reason why you want it removed, and what you intend to place there. If you are intending to place another shoppe, I hope they tell you get bent. But if there is a reason like building a bazaar so that no other buildings can be placed on the island, cool.
Captain of Gods of War
King of Tyranny
Blockade madman
[Oct 18, 2010 3:02:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wonkothes

It seems harsh to penalize islands that had banks placed when they were required, but reward islands that were colonized after the Universal purse was instituted. The only reason for their existance on any ocean is the cash box for the Dubloon exchange. Put said cash box in the palace/fort and be done with it.
Wonkots Governor of Wrasse
Cleaver wrote: 
Your new Penguin Overlords will be along shortly to begin the long and 'difficult' process of 'correction'."

[Oct 18, 2010 4:17:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
harrjm

It seems harsh to penalize islands that had banks placed when they were required, but reward islands that were colonized after the Universal purse was instituted. The only reason for their existance on any ocean is the cash box for the Dubloon exchange. Put said cash box in the palace/fort and be done with it.

Or just leave one bank open at the capital of each arch, since you know someday OOO will find something to do with the banks. Hey...make them a poe transfer between blue/blue oceans. :P Put 200k in on Cobalt, and get 180k on Midnight. Deal!!!
Captain of Gods of War
King of Tyranny
Blockade madman
[Oct 18, 2010 5:25:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JTheBear

Hey...make them a poe transfer between blue/blue oceans. :P Put 200k in on Cobalt, and get 180k on Midnight. Deal!!!

what, and be able to move that poe I have languishing on Coblat.... don't be silly....
Jthebear

Davsbrander says, "you're a legend"
Jthebear says, "yea, a legend in my own mind

[Oct 18, 2010 6:53:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Neonila

Time for Midnight to become bank-free?

Oh please no! Not that I care for a bank on each island (it's fine if Cleos bank goes) but when I started playing there was no use for the banks and I see them like remains of an old time when I wasn't around ;)

And coming from games where banks were used I poked around a while trying to stash away my stuff and figure out that secret use that I was sure was there :P

I think you can access the dubloon exchance from your profile anyway :)
Alniyat,
Booching Blaggards -> http://dirac.dynalias.com/bb/

If the Fish Rumour Mongers had their way, we'd be dropping on everything.
I dropped a plate the other day. Does that count?
-- Missiep --

[Edit 3 times, last edit by Neonila at Oct 19, 2010 4:46:39 AM]
[Oct 19, 2010 4:41:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://neonila.deviantart.com [Link]  Go to top 
REJBELLS

Cleaver wrote:
Think of the YPP world as a world of many Oceans.
Perhaps one day you'll be able to sail between them.
Jun 13, 2004 1:54:49 PM

..so Harrjm not that far off..

I do not see anyway to get to either my sub account or buy dubs account thru My Profile?
Nor do I see a sub route from the client by clicking on your name In YE.
On dub oceans you can easily get to your account to purchase Dubs with real money at any time.

On sub oceans it it a trip frought with obstacles, no map and with a starting point surrounded by 3 and a half walls of cement.

..Until ye unsubbed then ye get the button..

Edit : to add.. and On Crimson for the Dub Club You cannot purchase another till the first one runs out. so mine runs out on the 23rd of the month.. and I cannot renew it till it officially runs out.. I can buy more dubs separately.. just not renew or continue .. or purchase another package.
A main bank for each arch on the capital.. would be awesome if it gave you access to your Billing Accounts and special deals/dub purchases on sub oceans.
Wildsrose Of:
Cerulean, Meridian & Emerald

The Titan. The Kraken.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by REJBELLS at Oct 19, 2010 6:13:22 AM]
[Oct 19, 2010 6:06:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

Cleaver said a lot of things.
Most of them five or six years ago.
[Oct 19, 2010 9:20:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

REJBELLS has also said a lot of things. I don't understand most of them.
Was once Stuyvesant

Redistribute your wealth, or we'll redistribute your blood.
[Oct 19, 2010 2:51:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kimbers108

When I'm drunk I say a log of things. In the morning I pretend I never said it.
Kimmy

I play a few oceans :)

[Oct 19, 2010 4:14:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IantheKorean

When I'm drunk I say a log of things. In the morning I pretend I never said it.

It's big it's heavy it's wood? It's better than bad it's good?
[Oct 19, 2010 7:22:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
annebunny

Tinga has not had a bank since late 2007 or early 2008. Papaya doesn't have one either. How come nobody noticed?

[Edited because I lost several years. Thank ye, mate, for pointing that out!]
Orrorin
SO, Blackwolf Marauders

[Edit 1 times, last edit by annebunny at Oct 19, 2010 8:10:05 PM]
[Oct 19, 2010 7:53:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
omegadyn

Tinga has not had a bank since late 1997 or early 1998. Papaya doesn't have one either. How come nobody noticed?

Tinga wasn't even around those years ;-)
Omegadyn

Cronus says, "Luck is always better than having a clue."
[Oct 19, 2010 8:07:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pomfret

I suspect some players weren't around those years too.
Pomfret of Midnight Cerulean and Most Oceans
Except when I am Scroogie or somebody else

Stupid merger made me change my signature...
[Oct 19, 2010 9:14:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Truvie

Tinga wasn't even around those years ;-)

I agree that some folks couldn't have been around those years...Every rock in Emerald had a bank
Truvie

Captain of Steel Magnolias
Queen of Liberty Hull
Cerulean

Holding a grudge is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. It hurts you a lot more than it hurts them.
[Oct 19, 2010 9:35:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Trixylicks

Don just a FYI

I did ask for the bank removing on cleo, to build housing, as it only has the 10k homes. (I thought this might attract more ppl to live on the island) This was 3-5 months ago I was declined as they said they may want to do something with the banks.

Trixylicks.
[Oct 20, 2010 12:13:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedShadow2

I just whisked myself to Cleo and YAY! :)

Thanks Bipolar for making it look pretty again!
RedShadow - Cerulean

Spot Collector! Always Willing to Buy/Trade - My List of Boats (Google Doc.)

Cerulean Boat Collectors List (Google Doc.)
[Oct 20, 2010 6:58:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Donsmythe

I just whisked myself to Cleo and YAY! :)

Thanks Bipolar for making it look pretty again!

Yer welcome! The new bazaar should be finished soon. And Trixy, as Anaplian noted, the policy on banks appears to have been updated last August, probably just after you asked. This time, the request was honored. :D

Edit: Typo fix
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Donsmythe at Oct 20, 2010 10:57:32 PM]
[Oct 20, 2010 10:56:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://don.yacktman.org/blog/    yackd [Link]  Go to top 
Donsmythe

It is done.

The tailor bazaar on Cleo's is now completed. Thanks again to everyone who helped make this possible!
[Oct 21, 2010 9:08:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://don.yacktman.org/blog/    yackd [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

Thank you, sir.
[Oct 22, 2010 9:56:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 53   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates