• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2879 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
AvaPoet

Dry Docking Rant - Mark Two Reply to this Post

I still want to see it such that repairs can be made to ships in port, presumabley by paying the shipwright, but preferabley just in the same way as it can be at sea: after all, if we can make repairs while floating in the ocean, we can make repairs while sat in the harbour, can't we?

Otherwise, we get the current problem, that whenever I take a boat out I may need to spend half an hour fixing it up before I consider it combatworthy. What a drag. I'd far rather pay somebody else to do it and hang around on the docks drinkin' 'til it's done!
----------------------------------------
Ava
[Apr 7, 2003 10:29:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.avangel.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Fix me ship! Reply to this Post

I think there was some concern for balance issues (especially when blockading) over being able to repair in port, but it seems to me the suggestion of paying for the work (instead of doing it yourself) evens it all out. The shipwright could just be too terrified to work in the middle of a siege (he'd surely be attacked if he tried to repair defending ships). Also, with the tighter budgets of piracy these days, I can see entreprenurial crews shirking the fee and continuing to do their repairs on the high seas. If that were the case, then the paid repairs would surely not imbalance the game and would instead be a nice alternative for those with deeper pockets and penchant for rum.

-Nemo
[Apr 8, 2003 2:01:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ancawonka

Re: Dry Docking Rant - Mark Two Reply to this Post

How about paying for the wood and metal that's used in the repairs? Forgive me if that's already in the game, but I haven't had a chance to log in since the new release. (Waaah... :( )

-- Imogene
[Apr 9, 2003 1:41:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://anca.tv    AncaWonka    AncaWonka [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Re: Dry Docking Rant - Mark Two Reply to this Post

As economy grows you will have to pay for all of your commodities used just as you pay for your rum and cannonballs now.
Also, after talking it over with Cleaver, it seems we will likely implement personal, in-port ship repairs. Meaning you could just sit there and carpent until you're shipshape and then cast off.

-Nemo
[Apr 9, 2003 2:41:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates