• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 328
Posts: 328   Pages: 11   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 67343 times and has 327 replies Next Thread
Lotsofgoats

Re: A guide to vintage whine Reply to this Post

Ooh la la! There is a new vintage of I'm Being Harrassed! It has high notes of griefing with a smooth finish of spirit of the game. A word of warning... this whine is extremely mature. Definitely more mature than the average person can even comprehend.

Hurry now! This whine is so cheap, it's practically paying you! Pull up a stool and try some today.
----------------------------------------
I am Lotsofgoats and I approve this message.
[Feb 1, 2010 2:05:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elbeejay

Pull up a stool and try some today.

Supposedly wait time for said stool is still somewhere in the 30 day range.
-Elbee on Hunter, Sage, Viridian, and Malachite
[Feb 1, 2010 2:16:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

You beat me to it. But I'd have called it the "Oh no, they're ordering from my shop" whine.
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Feb 2, 2010 11:45:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

The lovely Savvy Hats Are No Special If Everybody Can Get One I Can't Recolor It Even Though That Was Never Part of The Deal Yet I Feel Entitled to Get Into Forum Spats With Cephalopod About It seems to be of recent note. I highly recommend you seek it out.

There seems to be a pattern here.
[Feb 4, 2010 3:37:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

New in the ice-cold section of the store, comes They're ruining SF. Get it before it gets too hot.

Dylan wrote: 

[Feb 17, 2010 11:44:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
Dylan

New in the ice-cold section of the store, comes They're ruining SF. Get it before it gets too hot.

OOO is ruining the game has long been a favourite, but the bouquet of this whine would be excellent with some classic poultry stuffing.
[Feb 17, 2010 12:54:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

Bump

I just realized that "This sword is too sharp" has gotten familiar recently, yet no one has mentioned it yet.

Dylan wrote: 

[Aug 24, 2010 9:36:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
Russelk

Wait. Wait. Wait. There's a thread where people try to be clever, but in actuality just whine about other people whining? I have to go do some irony...er...ironing. I'll let y'all get back ter whining...but seriously do you feel superior posting "Ahh lots of people are complaining about the Dadao...apparently I disagree with their claim that it is overpowered, so I'll choose to call what they're doing "whining," when they have may in fact come across a major game flaw, but are unable to properly articulate this, or in fact unable to formulate cohesive reasoning for such thought on a conscious level. You should all just shut the f*** up...

I chose the Dadao example because it is the most recent and most ridiculous that I saw, and I'm not going to read through a thread list of complaints dating back four years.

And yes, I'm obviously "whining" about your thread, and apparently have now sunk to your level.

EDIT: I was way too high when I wrote that and I forgot something important. You're all infants suckling on momma OOO's tit, and your bi***fest thread is the hissy fit you throw when that milk turns sour, but what you fail to realize is that you've been pissing in it the whole time.
Hello boys, I'm baaaack!
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Russelk at Aug 26, 2010 10:35:42 PM]
[Aug 24, 2010 11:57:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

"Ahh lots of people are complaining about the Dadao...apparently I disagree with their claim that it is overpowered, so I'll choose to call what they're doing "whining,"

I'll go on the assumption that you don't understand this thread.

Yes, the Dadao is overpowered. It's "too sharp."
There was a familiar tournament while this overpowered sword was in play.

I'm pointing out that a lot of people are whining about this, both the "too sharp" and "A familiar for this?".

Pointing out, and making fun of, the whining doesn't mean that someone disagrees with it.

And ... what you said we were doing to mother's milk? Some of us actually try to get involved on Ice, and report issues to OOO. Some of us actually try to make suggestions to improve the stuff while it's on Ice.

Hmm, that's it:

"OOO won't listen to the Ice Cubes" has been spotted in game design again. This deserves a really cold chilling, and should be served before the recipe can be adjusted a few weeks after initial release.

Dylan wrote: 

[Aug 28, 2010 12:07:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
Russelk

Your pointing out other peoples' whining is you whining. You doing it in a "sophisticated" manner is hilarious. Me whining about your nonsense thread within the thread fits within the context of its own framework, though I chose to be more aggressive rather than make a horrible wine joke.

If you agree that the Dadao is (was) overpowered, then you're shooting yourself in the foot by calling attention to others "whining" about it. People won't respect complaints made in a childish fashion, and reading your post will give them a predisposition about the kinds of people that are upset with Dadao's current drop pattern, and the ways in which those people are expressing their complaints. Thus, it will be more difficult for something to change because even if someone comes along and posts real reasons that the Dadao should be altered the fools that read your post first in this abominable thread will already assume that the poster is "whining" and that the Dadao is perfect the way it is. You cannot believe people would post that others are "whining" about some issue that they in fact would like to level complaints against as well. As I explained, it is measurably counter-intuitive. And if they are doing such things, my post is perfectly in line with what is going on here.

You got my analogy wrong. But I kind of like your version.
Hello boys, I'm baaaack!
[Aug 28, 2010 5:48:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

I came in search of recommended finely refined whine, but today I was presented with a free sample by a somewhat newer peddler marketing his wares.

I felt that vintner of Whine of the Whines failed to appreciate what it is that makes a classic vintage whine. With such a pretentious label, I was initially unsure if to expect a blend worthy of such a label, or if it was a marketing ploy by a peddler of a cheap blend. The initial aroma suggested that it would be an explosion of flavor, but one could only feel disappointed as it passed the palate. While it did indeed have a complex mixture of flavors, it was poorly blended and overall felt out of place.

I personally felt the merchant would be well served to study the colorful history of whine reviewing to appreciate what it is that readers of the guide are seeking. While one would suggest that a detailed study of its history would be beneficial, a study of the original 2006 edition would be well served.
Cephalopod, on poker, wrote: 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it isn't rigged.

Period. End of story.

[Aug 28, 2010 8:21:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Russelk

What's it like to be a worm? How would the world look, sound, and feel if you lived at ground level or below, if you couldn't control your body temperature or even shiver when you were cold, and if you had no arms or legs and could only wiggle to move about?
Hello boys, I'm baaaack!
[Aug 29, 2010 10:34:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cooldragon23

Back to this...

I heard that they were making a whine for geeks called Zomg Hxx0rz!
Cooldragon on Sage Ocean

Arora says, "would sume1 please give me poez to help my sister and I buy an estate?

[Sep 3, 2010 9:21:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KingZink5

Who can't enjoy the boldness of Recruting for my crew! Everyone will be a SO! . In most circumstances, the vineyards from which it hails are on the new side, but is enjoyable for even veteran players. I also prefer the flavors of a fine Poker Is Rigged! . Who doesn't?
Kingzink
FO of Ducha de Oro
Member of the RM, OF, IDLD, Resistance, and PoC Web

It is probably wise that I put some disclaimer here about how I think for myself and do not represent RM and friends...
[Sep 3, 2010 10:28:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vettias

I have to disagree with lovers of the egostical whine, as the flavors are too bold and don't blend well together.
[Sep 7, 2010 2:28:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonboyred

I've found myaccountwasdeletedcanihaveyourstuff to be a bit long winded, but with a smooth taste.
Bunnyspawn, Malachite's most arrogant player.

Also Bunnyspawn on Sage and Hunter;Disgraced on Viridian.

I support PvP in sinking environments.
[Sep 8, 2010 7:43:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
OdorOfFrodo

Your pointing out other peoples' whining is you whining.
Ecavatar by Ecastasy!
Talisker wrote: 
Obviously this calls for dressing up as Karl Marx.

[Sep 9, 2010 8:38:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Laeinea

I am currently enjoying a cheeky yet highly rich whine of CanIhavemymoneybacksinceyoucalledmybluff, this is best enjoyed sitting around while playing poker. Another I would recommend is simply entitiled Lucker, usually best enjoyed on the river ;)
Odila
Cobalt
~... Which, if I was some ugly lizard, I'd be getting all up in my virginity....~ (Brought to you by the letter A and OdorofFrodo.)

Bologna on the hood works better than slashing tires.

[Sep 11, 2010 6:13:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ldfshndlvrby

I must say that I prefer the overbearing flavour of a well aged I'ma start a thread about whine(ers) accompanied by an aromatic /fo go check out my flamage on da forumz cheese.

Always follow this tasting with a light, very dry, NO YOUZ to revive the palette.

EDIT: It's kind of cool to see how this thread has carried on for over four years, and the kinds of things that bother people are still the same. I say we serve a round of Woots for PP rum.
Chunkblower
Proudly a troll. Deal.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by ldfshndlvrby at Sep 20, 2010 10:45:03 AM]
[Sep 20, 2010 10:36:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Drallin

Personally find the non-alcoholic but PP is for kids to be a bit sharp and leaves a bad aftertaste. With a few more years to develop it might become more like the hey it's fun for everyone vintage, that appeals to most, even though its fruity bouqet may be a bit too sweet for some.
[Sep 25, 2010 9:42:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sverdrup

This fall's harvest season on Cobalt has seen a rare and expensive new whine, lets call it, YouPlayUnfairInBlockadesByHavingCreativeAllies. Its color has a blue-green tint related to a long-term formentation that involves hydrated Chromium(III) oxide of medium saturation.

While its initial flavor is refreshing, it does bring experience from the ownership of at least 11 island's whineyards into a new enviroment, however, its after-taste is surprisingly bitter and imature. We speculate that this is perhaps caused by too much moneys spent with little thought on its marketability. Excessive exposure to a viridian economy may contribute, too, as there expensive whines can easily be charged to credit cards.

Future prospects of this whine are not promising. Rushed production of shipping containers, limited supply of wood, and excessive vanities, and contempt for diverse cultures all prevents the otherwise skilled and rich vintners to overcome past weaknesses. Only fools expect different results using the exact recipes, but even a fool's vain hope on random factors may result, eventually, in successful production.

Presently, the whine is best served chilled in an environment dominated by children. It has not yet reached the complexities and subtleties to be palatable in a more refined setting worth its price.
Sverdrup, CPTN of Schroedinger's Cat, Heisenberg's Uncertainty, Meridian
[Sep 27, 2010 9:06:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

This year, we have the lovely "Excusestothirdparty" collection, with the lovely taste of utter humiliation, definately lacks some skill.
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
[Sep 28, 2010 12:12:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

Different from most wines reviewed here, from the ROMS game thread comes this

I don't like tea...can I have some wine instead please? :)

And the realization that there have been no reviews of whines for the shore-leave people here.

So, has anyone tried some of the stuff from Shore Leave, that they can post reviews of here?

The only whine I've sampled is Imnotarogue, which seems to be a bland, mass-marketed version with no distinguishing characteristics at all.

Dylan wrote: 

[Oct 22, 2010 10:11:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
totoiseshell

I have to say, I certainly enjoy the taste of Stop Hacking SF you Noob, for it really can bring the cheer to any gloomy day!
Inum

Castor says, "No, no! You don't know the secret doohickeys!"
Castor says, "You'll blow up the server!"

Galene says, "I'll trade it to Inum, she can sort it out later! :D"

[Oct 26, 2010 10:06:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

They Sunk My Thread has too many knockoff varieties to be of any worth.

Best served down the drain.
[Oct 27, 2010 2:55:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KuritaElite

They Sunk My Thread has too many knockoff varieties to be of any worth.

Best served down the drain.

I've just come into a fine flame-by-proxy vintage. An especially sweet variety, it still has relatively untouched simplicity... its rather obscure method of refinement and location lend it a unique terroir.
Kalvyn, Knight Errant
Heir to the Drunken Monkey Dojo

[Oct 27, 2010 7:39:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rhoaleper

*bump*

Recently the whinyards have announced a new blend, called Ship Salvage is ruining the game. Despite being an expensive variety, and heartily consumed within some rich, elite circles, I found this whine to be bland and distinctly lacking in color. It's even worse when paired with Don't use it if you don't want to lose it cheese; the strong smell really just makes me sick.
Spheniscine on Obsidian
Was Rhoaleper in all dub oceans, but based in Viridian
[Edit 7 times, last edit by Rhoaleper at Aug 8, 2011 9:21:50 AM]
[Aug 8, 2011 9:06:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rhoaleper

I must admit, however, to indulging in some My stats were higher x years ago with a few hearties every now and then. Unfortunately, I can't figure out whether this blend is manually, skillfully pressed, or whether much of it is mechanically pressed, despite the outlawing of such dishonorable practices.
Spheniscine on Obsidian
Was Rhoaleper in all dub oceans, but based in Viridian
[Edit 6 times, last edit by Rhoaleper at Aug 9, 2011 1:28:06 AM]
[Aug 9, 2011 1:14:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 328   Pages: 11   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates