• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 20
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4585 times and has 19 replies Next Thread
Katez5

Intent to Defend Terra

Pic by Darkdemons

Once again Domination has attacked us. They are welcome to their intended pay war but we will not be playing that game. Raising pay sky high may be acceptable on the dub oceans where these people are used to playing but that's not going to fly here. Islands come and go, but no island on Cobalt is worth that much.

Do you really want somebody from another ocean running an island on Cobalt? Do you want somebody who is known for breaking promises on other oceans to come here and take control of an island?

Help us defend against the cross ocean blockaders! NOW is the time to make a stand against those who would try and buy an island rather than fight for it.

I doubt many would be happy if the ocean sold out to people who don't primarily play here instead of helping longtime hearties and saying it's not personal ... it is. A lot helped them last week at Harm and I look forward to seeing what this ocean does with its second chance to make the right decision.
----------------------------------------
Katez
Fire and Ice
Elements of Fear
Cerulean (formerly Cobalt) / Obsidian
[Edit 5 times, last edit by Katez5 at Sep 17, 2010 6:34:02 PM]
[Sep 17, 2010 5:58:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sverdrup

Re: Intent to Defend Terra

With all due respect to my allies under attack, I think you are mistaken that this is an effort by 5 ultimate swordfighters from Viridian. Without the substantial logistical and financial help of island-holding flags in Oynx, there would be no flag that can drop as the alt flag Domination does.

That said, we will be there to aid the defence as best as we can. And not just at Terra, and not just tommorrow. This alt flag has a very soft underbelly ... and one of its most prominent supporters is feable and silly enough to get himself banned for a few days for throwing obscenities in multiple /tells, as he could not handle a declaration of war.

That said, all action, both attackers and defenders, heartily endorsed. Lets have a fine defence and lets bleed the attackers dry.

EDIT: Spelling and grammar.
Sverdrup, CPTN of Schroedinger's Cat, Heisenberg's Uncertainty, Meridian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sverdrup at Sep 17, 2010 8:48:35 PM]
[Sep 17, 2010 8:46:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quintalis

From what I can gather, there are tens of millions of PoE flowing around the top of the ocean, I'm sure there are people here with many millions on their hands and nothing to do with it, this is probably the result of that. Right now PoE buys islands.... There is no need for anyone to logistically help anyone else as long as enough PoE is being brought to the table. I believe it's simply a matter of wealth, not support.
- Quintalis, the far too old.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Quintalis at Sep 17, 2010 9:04:00 PM]
[Sep 17, 2010 9:03:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jezzebel

Spanky's been on Cobalt for years ... I'm confused, who is supposed to be from Viridian?
Redjenny, Now merged with Health Nutz
Thebloggess wrote: 
A hug is like a strangle you haven't finished yet!

[Sep 17, 2010 9:10:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cheeseman454

Nah I would rather let people from other oceans who are active in this game run islands instead of people from cobalt who are not active. To be honest I think people on cobalt take things to serous, a blockade is not just a blockade on here. They take it as a personal attack and start tarting and getting mad at you like you are some evil person. This ocean lacks the spirit of good old blockading for fun. Also it about time some one pays more the 250 a segment, that just ridiculous how little people store for blockades. If your not active and not actively making poe then dont own an island.
On a another note it not like terra cost you anything, it slowly transfered its way back to you so you did earn money off of it. I am in favor of how dub oceans are run, they don't have ridiculous stuff like napi not being drop on in 3 years or more. Cobalt just keep dyeing away, who wants to play a ocean with no blockades and no one is greenie friendly.
These are my own views and reflect only me and no one else.
Rocafella on cobalt
Haterade on Meridian
[Edit 4 times, last edit by cheeseman454 at Sep 17, 2010 10:52:30 PM]
[Sep 17, 2010 10:50:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lockjaw02

I am in favor of how dub oceans are run, they don't have ridiculous stuff like napi not being drop on in 3 years or more.

Ridiculous? Go ahead and drop on Napi if it irks you. heh heh..
===Gangrenepete on all oceans===
"Never conclude your opinion of a person based on his present situation because time has the power to change ordinary coal into a diamond."
[Sep 18, 2010 12:01:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elusivedream

There are active flags big and small, old and new on cobalt. Made up of players who run pillages, sea monster hunts, flotilla attacks etc....
They work hard as flags and crews to build fleets and war chests, with one common goal, to win an island. Had it been any one of Cobalts active flags behind this there would be no giant question mark surrounding it. We realize our flag isn't as active as it once was, we also knew all along we had a huge bullseye taped to our backsides, we aren't comatose.

Domination is made up of mostly dub ocean players, who are obviously bored and came here to stir up trouble. They have no valid intent Could probably care less about owning an island here on cobalt for any other reason than to brag about it on whatever ocean they call home, and if they win I expect there will be plenty of degrading messages written on tourney scrolls while they bask in their glory. That's how they roll *eye roll*

Notice the lack of an intent post. More importantly, (and what bothers me the most being a mother who taught her children manners), is their lack of a Thank You to those who helped them last weekend. Maybe they thanked ppl in crew chat before they threw in the towel, but never have I seen a flag on Cobalt, win or lose, not post a Thank You on their flag pages or in their intent posts when all was said and done.

We will have fun today, win or lose, but would much rather be playing defending against true "Cobaltians" who, like us, care about this ocean, the jobbers who come out to help them, and what they're fighting for.
Dreamweaver- - CoBLATian forever!
"Who'll make his mark", the captain cried.
"To the devil drink a toast.
We'll glut the hold with cups of gold
And we'll feed the sea with ghosts
[Edit 2 times, last edit by elusivedream at Sep 18, 2010 3:05:00 AM]
[Sep 18, 2010 2:42:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
uberstyle

Pic by Darkdemons

Once again Domination has attacked us. They are welcome to their intended pay war but we will not be playing that game. Raising pay sky high may be acceptable on the dub oceans where these people are used to playing but that's not going to fly here. Islands come and go, but no island on Cobalt is worth that much.

Do you really want somebody from another ocean running an island on Cobalt? Do you want somebody who is known for breaking promises on other oceans to come here and take control of an island?

Help us defend against the cross ocean blockaders! NOW is the time to make a stand against those who would try and buy an island rather than fight for it.

I doubt many would be happy if the ocean sold out to people who don't primarily play here instead of helping longtime hearties and saying it's not personal ... it is. A lot helped them last week at Harm and I look forward to seeing what this ocean does with its second chance to make the right decision.

Excuse me, but you highly over-reacted there.
If you say 2.5k is a pay war then that's mad. Talking about alting, first of all it's not against rules, so live with it. Second you've been playing in Cobalt for a lot of time and you should probably have enough PoE to handle the 2 islands you got otherwise you don't even desereve them. Third we didn't shift a pay war. In Cobalt a pay war in my opinion is having a 5k+ a seg, that's called a pay war. I can't understand how am I buying an island with a work of 3-days only while you guys have been playing for 3 years+ and call a 2.5k/seg blockade pay war. What's more, a pay war is to be a pay war when the B-navvers aren't in a good level but as you saw our B-navvers were good enough.

My whole point is, we're not buying an island unless 2.5k for 70-90 jobbers is too much than you could handle while having 2 islands. Like if I was to buy an island I woulda bought Harmattan. I coulda shifted a 9.9k payment and won it in a round simply, just saying. Good luck defending.
Eyestrong from Hunter!
King of the flag 'Wasted'
SO of the crew 'Hung'
Thanks Chieff for the sexy avatar!<3
[Sep 18, 2010 5:39:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Huckfan

Well most of the good points have already been addressed thanks to Roca and Eyestrong.

And, like Redjenny said, I'm not an alt! I think most of the oceans knows who I am. They may not like me, but they've certainly seen my name.

Why post a Flag, "Thank you," when you can just say it the /jc chat?

Unfortunately my mother from out of state is coming into town this weekend and I can't be there for the block. Otherwise, I'd greatly look forward to taking your precious island. What turned into probably a good jobbing support post turned into a whining post.

Get over it. Move on. Real life > Game. Lighten up
Spanky - SO of Rogue's Cove, Lady of Scupper me Booty

Tinycat tells ye, "do u have kids?"
You told Tinycat, "yes"
Tinycat tells ye, "what kind"
You told Tinycat, "human"
[Sep 18, 2010 6:01:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
benrenshaw

To be honest, I haven't looked at the blockade records, but you do own a large and a medium. You shouldn't be complaining about a paywar, there are many ways to win a blockade. That is one of them. Deal with it.
Captainben on Meridian
Basicx on Emerald
[Sep 18, 2010 9:34:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jessi28282

Maybe it is because the last time they defended Terra they lost 0-3

They have Terra due to an Island transfer made by someone who has since been banned.
[Sep 18, 2010 11:25:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gothmog1065

/me roots for whomever is blockading.

Maybe we need some dub players to shake things up before cobalt dies off completely.
Nemesis wrote: 
You ruined my joke, Goth.
Arakael wrote: 
Goth is right, as usual.
Blobbles wrote: 
Goth is right. *shudders*

[Sep 18, 2010 12:24:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
M_Cobain

I've been playing on cobalt for 5 years. Check my stats jo.
Martobain

YPPedia improved with Tom Cruise the Elephant (who's my friend and buddy) catalogue!
[Sep 18, 2010 2:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Luxory

Oh man,

If this flag could politic some good jobbers the blockade is already over, i've seen better navving from a brigand.

"Blockading the right way" Perhaps learn to blockade first.

<3

Lux.
Luxory on Obsidian.
Aristoza flag royalty chats, "Ro initiated all the greenies by getting them on one big ship and sinking them all at once"
Positive Penguins
[Sep 18, 2010 3:55:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sverdrup

With great admiration do I like to congratulate Elements of Fear on a spirited and smartly fought sinking defence of Terra. Very well done, mates. It was not the poes that won ye the isle, it was the way that sailors, carpers, bilgers, gunners allowed us to move, score, and on occasion sink. It was close at times, and disciplined scoring ... man that one junk of ours was a tough cookie in both rounds ... who was on it, I like to know :-)

This blockade also showed that pirates make and break blockades, not poes. On a personal level, I like to also thank all those who jobbed onto the ship that I had the honor to battle navigate. We did pay, proudly, 2500 per segment and each of our jobbers was more than worth that poes. We all stayed together from the first to past the last second of rounds-1 and rounds-2 sending more than our fair share of enemies to the bottom of the seas, your hard work made this so.

Thank you also to our enemies of Domination for being. If ye ever need, perhaps, a helping hand against a target we are not allied with (we only have 2 allies, and only Elements of Fear is an island-owner) in the future, feel free to talk to us ... we may help in more ways than just one. Congratulations on being the only other flag to have initiated at least 2 blockades on Cobalt this year. A good thing, I feel.
[Sep 18, 2010 5:19:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jennafrog

I'd like to thank all the hard working jobbers and guest bnavers/XO's who helped EoF defend Terra today. We couldn't have done it without your help, hopefully everyone had as much fun as we did :)

Jennafrog
SO of Fire and Ice-West
Elements of Fear
[Sep 18, 2010 7:09:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Armitron23

GO ELEMENTS OF FEAR!!! You guys ROCK!
Yankeejr of Cerulean Ocean
[Sep 18, 2010 11:23:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackarius23

taking bets on which island domination will blockade next!
Kork, Meridian
Jackarius, Cerulean

Cleaver is going to strangle all of you.

[Sep 19, 2010 2:58:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
henryrules10

Can we just sticky this thread? <.<
Nickbush on every ocean (Jadebush on Jade -.-)

Native Cobaltean for life

http://www.youtube.com/user/NickBush24

Foraging scoring glitch: http://bit.ly/QEpApx
[Sep 25, 2010 4:08:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sverdrup

Luxory from Viridian and of Domination on Cobalt wrote: 
If this flag could politic some good jobbers the blockade is already over, i've seen better navving from a brigand.

"Blockading the right way" Perhaps learn to blockade first.

I am confused, can ye please explain what ye actually mean, Lux, and whom ye are refering to? Who needs to learn what?

I have no problem bearing the label of "village idiot" or "greenie" for not understanding how to play alliances, how to bnav, or how to do wars, pay- or otherwise, but yer flag of Domination has now lost 3 sinking blockades in as many weeks while outspending the opposition 2:1 or even 3:1.

There must be something that Domination is not doing right just yet, but what is it? They sure take this much more serious that I, the "village idiot" ever will. It really is good fun to me and the mates on my ships, so, I really mean this as a thank you to Domination to provide us with the entertainment (no sarcasm here, I really mean it, I do love blockades).

Also, what should we call someone who does the same thing the same way ... yet, magically, expects a different outcome? Please enlighten us, we may all learn something new. A good thing.

Congratulations to Elements of Fear for a fine, fun, spirited, and successful defence of Terra ... again. And all our combined jobbers, those working hard for both Domination and Elements of Fear.

EDIT: Vintage Whine
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sverdrup at Sep 27, 2010 1:16:05 PM]
[Sep 27, 2010 6:57:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates