• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 252
Posts: 252   Pages: 9   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 94481 times and has 251 replies Next Thread
Eggyduude

Re: Trinket suggestions thread Reply to this Post

We are in need of cheese to accompany our wine (colored items).

Hmm, what kind of cheese?

Camemmbert? Brie?? Or maybe gouda? EMMENTALER!!!!! No, wait! CHEDDAR!!!!!!!!! lol. Anyway CHEESE! FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
----------------------------------------
BEHOLD, For These Are The Words Of The Eggy Dude, aka Eggyslav from Sage!
[Nov 25, 2009 8:04:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

We are in need of cheese to accompany our wine (colored items).

Hmm, what kind of cheese?

It looks like it depends on what kind of wine was used to color those muffin hats. Cheese and wine pairings here.

If class isn't required, Swiss is a very visually distinctive cheese, thus making it easy to represent at 36x39px. The other stereotypical cheese representation is the orange wheel with a wedge cut out, probably cheddar.
A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!
[Nov 25, 2009 4:34:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Orange wheel could be Port-Salut, though only the crust is bright orange; the inside is paler.
[Nov 25, 2009 5:59:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Squashbuckle

I would be thrilled if you could add one Hanukkah-themed trinket to this year's winter collection.

Ideas include:

• coin
  • chocolate coin
  • mesh bag of (chocolate) coins
  • 4-sided top
  • oil lamp
  • plate of latkes

There are 7 seasonal trinkets this year and most of those have holly on them, which is a traditional Christmas symbol. Although those trinkets are nice, it would be wonderful to have something I could give that reflected my own traditions.
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[Nov 29, 2009 5:08:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Deceptive

Don't we have an oil lamp? Or at least, last Christmas time?
I honestly don't care anymore.
[Nov 29, 2009 8:14:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squashbuckle

Trinkets from last Christmas are not coming back this year. Also, that was a lantern, not an oil lamp.
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[Nov 29, 2009 9:17:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hermes
Developer

Erm, I don't recall us ever coming out and saying last year's trinkets weren't coming back this year.
[Nov 30, 2009 6:15:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
Squashbuckle

Erm, I don't recall us ever coming out and saying last year's trinkets weren't coming back this year.

My point remains that there has never been any item in game to reflect the traditions of people celebrating other festivals at this time of year.
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[Nov 30, 2009 8:08:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Deceptive

My point remains that there has never been any item in game to reflect the traditions of people celebrating other festivals at this time of year.

And his point remains that they never said that last years trinkets wouldn't be coming out.

Though yes, I don believe a chocolate coin or something would be amazing....
As long as I can eat it.
[Dec 1, 2009 11:36:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eggyduude

I would be thrilled if you could add one Hanukkah-themed trinket to this year's winter collection.

Ideas include:

• coin
  • chocolate coin
  • mesh bag of (chocolate) coins
  • 4-sided top
  • oil lamp
  • plate of latkes

There are 7 seasonal trinkets this year and most of those have holly on them, which is a traditional Christmas symbol. Although those trinkets are nice, it would be wonderful to have something I could give that reflected my own traditions.

Erm.... I don't want to sound stupid, but, what in the seven seas are latkes???????? Oo
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Eggyduude at Dec 2, 2009 7:51:13 AM]
[Dec 2, 2009 7:48:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squashbuckle

Latkes
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[Dec 2, 2009 9:13:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eggyduude

So, latkes are something what we in Poland call Placki Ziemniaczane (small Pancakes made from grained Potatoes), am I right?
[Dec 2, 2009 2:12:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Deceptive

Ok, I just want to say this. We should forget Christmas, Hunaka (If that is how you spell it, sorry if it is wrong), and every other thinger at this time of year, and then, celebrate my holiday! Since PP usually does things which apply to the larger amount of players who support what, we should all just celebrate my holiday!

What are we celebrating? The Day Of the Humming Bug. Why do we celebrate it? Because when bugs hum, it means the great and super awesome Deceptive depressed. *sad face* :(

How do we celebrate it? Sit down, watch horrible movies, while eating chocolate we bought ourselves.

Right now, we say Happy Holidays! or such, but for this, which happens on the 20th of December, we greet eachother by saying, "Hum Bug!" Or sometimes, if we are really in the mood, we shall say, "Bah Hum Bug!"

Or when someone looks at us, we cry and eat chocolate.

Problem solved!

Disclaimer: I do not support this holiday, or anything to do with it, or any of the above statements.

[Dec 9, 2009 11:19:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eggyduude

Ok, I just want to say this. We should forget Christmas, Hunaka (If that is how you spell it, sorry if it is wrong)

It's Pronounced Hanuka. Duh.......

.....errrrm........

Oh, yeah, right, Trinket Suggestion..... I want to hold ALL types of trinkets in Portrait, Including Sand Dollars, starfishes, corals and all that stuff.
[Dec 10, 2009 1:58:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Satan666Hell

I'd like to see the Antediluvian conch be changed into a trinket so it can be displayed.
Look of Sage.

Drinking <3
[Dec 12, 2009 7:30:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Deceptive

I'd like to see the Antediluvian conch be changed into a trinket so it can be displayed.

It is a trinket... isn't it?

No wait.. I bet its Misc.

Thats stupid.
[Dec 14, 2009 7:22:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Merrylily5

Hoy ! :)

I would like a nice trinket or trophy, like a small map or globe that could be awarded for exploring related achievements. Like visiting all the islands on an ocean!

Merry Christmas
/Merrylily
Merrylily on Emerald
[Dec 19, 2009 8:53:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wenchcaz

There are two ring trinkets at present..I would prefer to see a ball anc chain (shackles) trinket.
caz
cuthroatcaz
Sage Ocean
[Jan 3, 2010 2:06:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
makalintal

- Buccaneer's Journal
- Ancient Map
- World Map
- Books
- Fish
- Broken Crown
- Pencil
- Piece of Paper
- Mud
- Ancient Note
- Tribal Necklace
- Poe
- Coins
- Ashes
- Tatoos
- Chinese Script
- Ancient Script
- Glas of _____ (wine? water? etc.)
- Flag
°ßonifacio- Born in Sage°
[Jan 4, 2010 11:46:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/myprofile [Link]  Go to top 
ljeyre

I'm looking to run a fashion themed event and was wondering if it was possible to get some fashion themed trinkets made that I can give as prizes.

ie
Lipstick
Makeup Bag

Thanks

Disaya
Hunter
[Feb 15, 2010 10:43:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Satan666Hell

Change the Black market trinket 'Black handkerchief' to somthing that doesn't involve a colour, so that it's not confused with the colour of a normal handkerchief (Dark handkerchief?). I'd like to add that this be considered for all future items that may involve confusion based on colour.
Look of Sage.

Drinking <3
[Apr 4, 2010 8:47:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

I would like to see the devs release some sort of set of trinkets that would be wildly distributed (like trading cards) that commemorated past events in the game. You could feature things like the founding of various oceans, the date of the first blockade on the ocean, OCL winners, puzzle release dates, etc. Some things just for a bit of nostalgia. You could also have made up stuff in order to tell a narrative (perhaps tales about Captain Cleaver and his battles against the dreadful El Pollo Diablo).

Maybe you could even feature major player events on the ocean, such as "X flag won Y island on Z in this awesome blockade" although I could see how that could be a breeding ground for drama.
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[Jul 24, 2010 5:06:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
Skeleton0123

OCL winners do get a trinket. Well actually every OCL participant gets one? And there's also some trophies for real life events. The ones about "founding of the ocean" and "first blockade" seem a bit pointless to me now since that isn't really happening a lot anymore :P

What do you mean with puzzle release dates? And which others except for the ones I mentioned above did you have in mind?
Claimed to be a very whiney person.
[Jul 25, 2010 1:34:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.grindr.com [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

I'm not suggesting a trinket to be given to OCL participants. I am suggesting something celebrating the tournament, or celebrating the ocean opening up, etc. Not things given out as something happens, but things given out about things that already happened.

(and what the hell, where are my OCL trinkets?)
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[Jul 25, 2010 4:57:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
Skeleton0123

(and what the hell, where are my OCL trinkets?)

The last rumble OCL I was in everybody got a trinky. So go spam the OM that was running it with evil tells!

And it could be fun indeed to throw a tournament at the creation date of the Ocean with a special trinket yes. (or similar for other important events)
Claimed to be a very whiney person.
[Jul 25, 2010 5:53:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.grindr.com [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

I couldn't *quite* find a totally appropriate place for this, but it ocurred to me today after stalking Apollo for a portrait.

Apollo wrote:

I don't know whether to hug you or smite you!

I would very much like to see our Gods have the ability to hold a thunderbolt* in portraits.

* yes yes I know it's a lightning bolt. Thunderbolt sounds better.
Edit: fale speling
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Snowpixie at Sep 1, 2010 5:16:59 AM]
[Sep 1, 2010 5:15:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bombastic7

I think there should be a trinket like the crab for bilge in carpentry, perhaps for having masterpieces of the same grain or something
[Sep 21, 2010 3:42:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ihopeso

Hi,
I was thinking of a cool trinket that could be sold at the Palace Shoppe. Its an IOU so that you can write an IOU to someone. For example an envelope saying Zynga owes Ihopeso a sloop next christmas.

I hope you like my idea.
- Zynga of Sage Ocean
[Dec 24, 2010 1:16:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Theri8

I would like to have towels please. Specifically towel trinkets that can be inscribed. Pirates is always falling off botes and I wanna give towels.

Kk thx.
Raucousred of the Midnight Ocean
SO of Raisin' a Raucous
Maker of lemon harangue pie
Collector of Blowfish

Other various titles as appropriate. :p

/e sings, "Believe me! There's no telling what's wrong with me...."
[Jan 16, 2011 8:56:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
makalintal

More IOs please. Old ones are kinda boring me now.
°ßonifacio- Born in Sage°
[Jan 16, 2011 10:14:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/myprofile [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 252   Pages: 9   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates