• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 54
Posts: 54   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7872 times and has 53 replies Next Thread
Gillie017

Oops Pow Surprise!!

Black Veil has declared a blockade on Sayers Rock, the blockade will commence in 4 days.

For those who are wondering, EAC has scuttled the BK to Sayers Rock in conjunction with my semi-retirement form the game. We will not be defending.

With the dramatic decline in player numbers, it's become impossible for me to do anything fun in my evenings (the dead hours on the ocean). The Game Design discussions, which had initially been promising with a discussion on providing extra swabbies on ships, have changed focus to things like the upcoming Trading Posts which will do nothing to address the problems the game is facing.

I see little hope for improvement to the game in the near future and am therefore stepping down from politics. A disillusioned person is not the right person to be leading such a great flag. EAC will continue with a revamped leadership team and I will be around as much as is needed to make the transition as smooth as possible.
----------------------------------------
If a bird looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's probably a Huntard .
[Jan 18, 2010 4:48:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dougerarg

Re: Oops Pow Surprise!!

Aye, the lack of numbers nowadays it depressing. I'm afraid it probably won't get any better. Best of luck to ye Duckling. Hopefully see ye when Heroes of Telara launches? :P

Good luck to the flag that drops on Sayers.
Scervy of Hunter
Omnis on Sage

Retired YPP player. Miss all my old pals from long ago
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Dougerarg at Jan 18, 2010 4:53:46 PM]
[Jan 18, 2010 4:53:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Deceptive

You will not be defending? Interesting.
I honestly don't care anymore.
[Jan 18, 2010 4:54:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Sorry to see you leaving. Best of luck.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Jan 18, 2010 5:34:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Missmelany

Great loss for hunter. I have not met anyone with the well being as the ocean at heart as you ducky, hunter is taking a great hit.
Melany

Awesome Avatar by Tilinka
[Jan 18, 2010 5:39:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zaqmyo

:(
Zaqmyo
Toemoesh says, "If you're coming between me getting a Hera doll I'll pvp every single ship I find you on"
[Jan 18, 2010 5:43:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
grizzlyly

Ducky! Good luck to those who drop on Sayers. I hope you can run it as well as ducky has.
Kickhead on Hunter

Kickie forced Clotho to walk the plank.
Clotho has left the vessel.

[Jan 18, 2010 5:50:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
123Jackpot

fair well duckies have a cold one on me ;)
[Jan 18, 2010 6:07:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
scrapsis

Great loss for hunter. I have not met anyone with the well being as the ocean at heart as you ducky, hunter is taking a great hit.

Well said. Ducky you will be missed by all.
Trilian
[Jan 18, 2010 8:24:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ascotte

With the decline in players and the game become more and more boring for some, I must admit you found one hell of a way to boost that for the next months.

Have laying back!

And also a lot of courage for those who have the difficult task of succeeding you!
Ascotte,
member of the White Seahorse Club.
Playing on Emerald

"East-West, Huntards are best!"

tells ye, "You invented forum cades"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ascotte at Jan 19, 2010 2:24:00 AM]
[Jan 19, 2010 1:18:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Donnarr

Well, I for one shall miss the Pony Rides on Sayers!!

Best of everything to you Duckling.... a warm thanks to you and remaining friends at EAC for your friendship and cameraderie.

To the rest, play on!!! :P
Donnarr on Hunter (and everywhere else)
[Jan 19, 2010 3:56:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Waugaman

See you Ducky. I didn't know you that much but you were always amazing when we came in contact. Always willing to chart, always willing to help and listen.

On a side note --> Sayers, Aim, Alkaid and Pukru all given to BK's? Sounds like a fun month for cades.
Nancyboy on Hunter
SO of -Obliteration-

I like turtles
[Jan 19, 2010 7:07:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

Alkaid?
Did i miss anything?
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
[Jan 19, 2010 7:59:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Deceptive

Before I get into everything, I'm sure the #1 question is what's going to happen to our Islands. All three will be transferred to an alt flag and released for blockading with no CC defense in about 2 weeks. At this point, You can blockade them and CC will not defend.

On a side note --> Sayers, Aim, Alkaid and Pukru all given to BK's? Sounds like a fun month for cades.

Before I get into everything, I'm sure the #1 question is what's going to happen to our Islands. All three will be transferred to an alt flag and released for blockading with no CC defense in about 2 weeks. At this point, You can blockade them and CC will not defend.

That's what Dalnoth said. So not BKs ;)
I honestly don't care anymore.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Deceptive at Jan 19, 2010 9:03:17 AM]
[Jan 19, 2010 9:02:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Waugaman

Booch. Meant armstrong not alkaid
Nancyboy on Hunter
SO of -Obliteration-

I like turtles
[Jan 19, 2010 9:28:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thehitman4

TIME to step away since your big brother won't be there to protect you. LOL...everyone knew you were nothing without CC and this is proof enough.
Thejoker
Cap of: "The Hitmen"
Monarch of Darkness Desire's
[Jan 19, 2010 12:13:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Strider399

Yay for uneducated flames.

If you knew Duckling at all, this has nothing to do with CC. Duckling (along with Northstar) has been on retirement mode for the past several months. She's tired of the game, and is going to become, in her words a "spades noob".
Sid on Obsidian

Striderrs everywhere else
[Jan 19, 2010 12:34:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thehitman4

If you knew Duckling at all, this has nothing to do with CC. Duckling (along with Northstar) has been on retirement mode for the past several months. She's tired of the game, and is going to become, in her words a "spades noob".

Semi-retirement during the holidays is nothing new. The news of CC going away and Duckling stepping down at the same time are more than a fluke.
Thejoker
[Jan 19, 2010 12:46:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
grizzlyly

Semi-retirement during the holidays is nothing new. The news of CC going away and Duckling stepping down at the same time are more than a fluke.

I love alts who know nothing at all. You take your giggles and get lost.
Kickhead on Hunter

[Jan 19, 2010 12:49:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

TIME to step away since your big brother won't be there to protect you. LOL...everyone knew you were nothing without CC and this is proof enough.

Congratulations.
You've overflamed it.
Ducklings semi retirement aint exactly super fresh news, i can assure you it's not because CC is stepping down.
You're obviusly just raining on our parade, please continue because we've got some badass umbrellas.
[Jan 19, 2010 12:53:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Frostyspyda

If you really want to be taken seriously without your absurd accusations, you should try and back them up with a war chest, but hey if you think you're actually accomplishing something by running your mouth, keep going with it.

As for EAC and Ducky, all of you gave me what I can proudly say was the best time period of my entire pirating career. I can only hope that you come around every so often to say hey. Fair winds Ducky, and good luck with whatever the future holds.
Redspyda,

Hunter
[Jan 19, 2010 12:59:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thehitman4

I noticed you did not deny you were nothing without CC.
Thejoker
[Jan 19, 2010 1:06:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Egypt1

Uh, because it didn't need to be said?

Fair well ye mates in EAC. Hope you have fun with what ever comes next :)
[Jan 19, 2010 1:09:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
grizzlyly

We're as strong without CC as we always were. CC was our allies, they jobbed for us, lent us navers.
Kickhead on Hunter

[Jan 19, 2010 1:20:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thehitman4

We're as strong without CC as we always were. CC was our allies, they jobbed for us, lent us navers.

Exactly!!!
Thejoker
[Jan 19, 2010 1:28:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

Exactly!!!

We had have inflag navs, XO's, JC's, BA's and LA's well pretty much everything.
We had help from CC; that we're very thankful for, but we had our own cadestaff two.
And the cooperation between the teams made sure we'd have a strong lineup whenever and wherever.
EAC is still a strong flag, don't count us out.
[Jan 19, 2010 1:33:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Strider399

I'll also point out that they still have Saiph.

If you think they're so weak, why not power-level your fame up a bit and hit Saiph?
Sid on Obsidian

Striderrs everywhere else
[Jan 19, 2010 1:35:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
grizzlyly

I'll also point out that they still have Saiph.

If you think they're so weak, why not power-level your fame up a bit and hit Saiph?

Do it. See what happens Mr. Thejoker.
Kickhead on Hunter

[Jan 19, 2010 1:52:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fjandr

It's nothing new to have kids like Thejoker mouth off without A) knowing anyone involved well and B) knowing anything about running a top-tier flag. It's like a neighbor's yappy rat-dog: you learn to tune out the constant noise, though a bit of teasing can be vastly amusing from time to time.
Nemesis wrote "And by special request - it now auto-bans people who say "pilly" and "lucker"."

Fjandr
Captain of Yeyi Xoxocti Coatl - Emerald
Projects: Weathered Helm
[Jan 19, 2010 4:38:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
redwinej

It's nothing new to have kids like Thejoker mouth off without A) knowing anyone involved well and B) knowing anything about running a top-tier flag. It's like a neighbor's yappy rat-dog: you learn to tune out the constant noise, though a bit of teasing can be vastly amusing from time to time.

I always kept a pellet gun close by for such occasions..idk it was quite satisfing hearing the little yelp as it ran back inside with its tale between its legs. I am sure CC would be happy to do something similar in this case as well if the yappity rat keeps pushing buttons.
Redtwo- On every dub ocean

Iron Monger- Holy Foil on Bowditch
[Jan 19, 2010 5:34:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 54   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates