• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 81
Posts: 81   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9578 times and has 80 replies Next Thread
BigW

Re: Shops / Islands Reply to this Post

Cleaver wrote: 
We hope to roll out some colonisation-friendly new archipelagoes next week.

Mnemosyne wrote: 
I have conferred with the three Fates, but they can be a cryptic bunch.

From what I gather, it may be as short as a fortnight and as long as two.

I know things never seem to go as planned, that is just life. What is the current time line looking like for the new arch's? Will they arrive before midnight or will the arrive around the same time? I am sure individuals from all the flags hoping to get islands were hoping to prove themselves worthy of a shop on midnight.
----------------------------------------
BigW, Captain of The Unmanageables
Explore Ruby - How many vacation days do you have left?
[Sep 14, 2003 1:24:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jothmar

Re: Island Colonisation and Diamond Shoppes Reply to this Post

In the end design, with the two types of islands (collonized and rustic) how would a new flag procure a 'collonized' island. Would they have to hold off a blockade until they were able to reach point X (where that is the line between rustic and collonized) to be able to maintain control of an island? My basic question I guess is, how would a new flag get an island? As Cleaver explained it, it would seem very difficult if not completely impossible (later in the game once a good number of island have been taken by flags) for a new flag to have any hope of holding onto an island.
Kelyon Hawk of Fidelis Bellum
[Sep 14, 2003 11:36:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

My understanding of it was that some islands would start off with some indication they were rustic, and basically be forced to remain rustic... this way there would only be a certain amount of colonisable islands in each arch, and people would have to spread out.
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Sep 16, 2003 6:03:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
queendaedra

BigW wrote: 

I know things never seem to go as planned, that is just life. What is the current time line looking like for the new arch's? Will they arrive before midnight or will the arrive around the same time? I am sure individuals from all the flags hoping to get islands were hoping to prove themselves worthy of a shop on midnight.

Aye I would like to know as well. I hate to bother the ringers in game especially since I know they get 5K in tells and emails alike. So we must wait patiently. Although me thinks my crew might string me up if it doesnt happen soon lol
Daedra

Queen of the Black Plague
Captain of the First Circle of Hell

"Eternity has come and gone, and she still holds me true"
[Sep 18, 2003 6:15:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    queendaedra [Link]  Go to top 
Cedric

queendaedra wrote: 
Although me thinks my crew might string me up if it doesnt happen soon lol

Aye, me too. Waiting sucks, its like being in Limbo.
Captain of the Yellow Jackets (Midnight)
Not to be taken internally (or seriously)
May cause rash
[Sep 18, 2003 10:25:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Maverick1701 [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

I hear that... it just seems like we're always going to hear next week. :(
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Sep 18, 2003 10:48:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BrokenShard

Cedric wrote: 
Aye, me too. Waiting sucks, its like being in Limbo.

You could sit down and have a nice chat with the skellies and compare, i think you might find their delima much more unsatisfying

-Faldez
~Faldez the Urchin of Former Legend
[Sep 18, 2003 11:00:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Matthias

Jothmar wrote: 
In the end design, with the two types of islands (collonized and rustic) how would a new flag procure a 'collonized' island. Would they have to hold off a blockade until they were able to reach point X (where that is the line between rustic and collonized) to be able to maintain control of an island? My basic question I guess is, how would a new flag get an island? As Cleaver explained it, it would seem very difficult if not completely impossible (later in the game once a good number of island have been taken by flags) for a new flag to have any hope of holding onto an island.

My understanding is that you built a fort on an island by hauling lots of wood and stone etc. there. That would secure it as "your" island. Then you'd have to build all the other buildings, one at a time. Once you get inhabitants, it becomes colonised.

The idea is that it's bloody expensive. Of course, the Ringers probably haven't worked it out properly yet (having not had any time to see it exploited by cunning users) but it might use a tech tree arrangement.

Matt
I took my own advice.
[Sep 18, 2003 12:21:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Turk

I've heard that bids are now going all the way up to 250k poe..

Will this change at all when the new archipeligoes are opened up?
[Sep 19, 2003 10:44:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kangy

I expect people will start saving for the colonization after that one.

Anyway, here's to whoever gets the islands, and their success!
[Sep 19, 2003 5:42:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jothmar

Is there any sort of end date for putting in a bid for an island or is it open ended?
[Sep 23, 2003 4:21:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

Bids Reply to this Post

I'm pretty much full of bids now, new ones are not encouraged.

The goods news is that we're about to release and, included in the new release, are a whole bunch of lovely new islands ripe for the colonising.
[Sep 23, 2003 5:55:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
spinn

Let me be the first of the avalanch to ask: define "release" in this context?

I'm assuming you mean new version rather than Midnight, since you've said you're not revealing timing of that until it happens, but just want to check.
And thus, the message is concluded.
[Sep 23, 2003 6:07:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.spinnwebe.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
ekerin

Re: Bids Reply to this Post

Cleaver wrote: 
I'm pretty much full of bids now, new ones are not encouraged.

The goods news is that we're about to release and, included in the new release, are a whole bunch of lovely new islands ripe for the colonising.

Thanks Cleaver, I needed to hear that after today. A nice (read expensive) rack of servers/Shared storage got literally trashed during shipping when we un-crated it today. Mangled rack, broken tape drive, screwed up Fiber Channel storage array, etc.. So I needed a pick me up! Yarrr! On to Colonization!
Hack - I don't even play poker now...
Bootseg.com
[Sep 23, 2003 6:07:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.bootseg.com [Link]  Go to top 
Demeter
OceanMaster

spinn wrote: 
Let me be the first of the avalanch to ask: define "release" in this context?

I'm assuming you mean new version rather than Midnight, since you've said you're not revealing timing of that until it happens, but just want to check.

Release as in the addition of new features; the previous beta releases are listed here so you can get an idea of what is meant; the notes for this release will be posted there when they are ready.
"Demeter is sneeeaky." Trickykid

[Sep 23, 2003 6:23:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jothmar

You're reply just left me confused Cleaver, ok so you're not encourageing new bids right now, so that means flags without island are out of luck for the moment, ok but then you say that there are new islands going in ripe for colonization. . . which seems to imply they're not out of luck. . . maybe I'm just dense but I'm confused. So should a flag that hasn't put in a bid bother trying to build up the money for an island or not?
[Sep 23, 2003 6:29:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SCHALAAY

New islands for the many flags that have already bid, yeah.
[Sep 23, 2003 6:30:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

Full of bids Reply to this Post

Right. I have a whole stack of bids going from $250k -> $800k+. There's a limited supply of islands (yes, the ones going in now are largely spoken for), and more to the point, people to populate them. So I'm reluctant to entertain any more bids at this point. Indeed, some of the existing bidders are going to be disappointed.

I'll be trying to make some sense of it all and post again later today.
[Sep 24, 2003 3:00:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Cedric

Still looking at today? I'm beating question askers off with a stick. A /big/ one. :P
Captain of the Yellow Jackets (Midnight)
Not to be taken internally (or seriously)
May cause rash
[Sep 24, 2003 10:03:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Maverick1701 [Link]  Go to top 
Strawberi

Cleaver has got this MASSIVE carrot and everyone is just eagerly awaiting to see who is going to get it...

The suspense is really killing me.....
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://snx8.pitas.com [Link]  Go to top 
IcabobFreely

Shops in Diamond Reply to this Post

I'm curious as to what shops ye'd be wanting to setup on Byrne. I spend alot of time there because it has the best prices on Rum in the whole arch.
Icabob of The Midnight Sun
And remember...
When you're having a really bad day, it takes 42 muscles to frown and only 4 muscles to extend your finger and flip them off.
[Sep 30, 2003 11:02:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    IcaTheBadOne [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 81   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates