• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2185 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
BootHook

Bug: Fix the multi-row sprinkles in Rumble Reply to this Post

I'm going to claim that the multi-row sprinkle system is broken in Rumble right now. If a sprinkle attack is too big, then the game chops off a big chunk of the attack. And if a sprinkle attack is too big, then the game refuses to use the multi-row sprinkle pattern.

I think the sprinkle calculations should be fixed, so that entire rows of sprinkles are never chopped off. Also, if a sprinkle attack is larger than one row, then it should always use the multi-row sprinkle pattern for the 2nd/4th/6th/etc. row in that attack.

If the devs do not want to fix the code, then can they at least tell us if the game is working as intended? I honestly think the code is buggy.
----------------------------------------
Bug: Fix the multi-row sprinkles in Rumble

Rumbling Guide 1
Rumbling Guide 2
Rumble Videos
[Dec 15, 2009 7:46:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
giobb

Re: Bug: Fix the multi-row sprinkles in Rumble Reply to this Post

Wouldnt it make sprinkles too powerful?
Zuao
YouTube Channel
[Dec 16, 2009 10:09:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BootHook

Wouldnt it make sprinkles too powerful?

I don't think it would make sprinkles too powerful. And actually, I think it would discourage people from sprinkling too much against bludgeons with a good multi-row sprinkle pattern.

If one person is sprinkling too much (and the other person isn't), then they would be sending mostly single-row sprinkle attacks. However, when they sprinkle too much, their opponent's board would be getting a bunch of large groups, which could be sent back as multi-row sprinkle attacks.

And if your bludgeon doesn't have a good multi-row sprinkle pattern, then you still have the option to turn your opponent's sprinkle attacks into charged groups or dropoff.

The only time when the multi-row sprinkles would get out of control is if both people decide to have a sprinkle-fest. And honestly, I've played in enough tournaments to notice that sprinkle-fest games last so long that they hold up everyone else. If the sprinkle-fest games involved people sending multi-row sprinkles back and forth, then hopefully those games would end a bit faster.

Rumbling Guide 1
Rumbling Guide 2
Rumble Videos
[Dec 16, 2009 11:53:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
giobb

Wouldnt it force people to not sprinkle at all?
Id have to see it in action, but i think I agree with this "fix".
Devs could at least say if its a bug or not. They could also say if late game strikes having more rows than its normal size is a bug or not. If its a bug it is being exploited already.
Zuao
YouTube Channel
[Dec 16, 2009 1:15:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BootHook

Wouldnt it force people to not sprinkle at all?
Id have to see it in action, but i think I agree with this "fix".
Devs could at least say if its a bug or not.

The amount of sprinkles you can send in a short period of time would be dependent on your bludgeon. For example, the largest sprinkle group in the skeleton bone's pattern is 2 balls, which means that even if you send 3 rows of sprinkles at the same time, your opponent would only get a couple of 6-ball groups, which isn't big enough to send a full row of multi-row sprinkles.

There are basically two ways I can think of to fix the sprinkle calculations:

1) Make the sprinkle calculations be 1/2 popped balls + 1/3 dropped balls, with no exceptions. If the sprinkle queue is larger than 9 balls, then use the multi-row sprinkle pattern for balls 10-18, balls 28-36, etc. In this case, the multi-row sprinkle pattern will get used often enough to be useful, but if people just send sprinkle attacks back-and-forth to each other, then the "1/2 popped balls" calculation should prevent the sprinkle attacks from getting out of control.

2) Keep the wonky sprinkle calculations that are used right now, except that if the sprinkle queue has 18+ balls in it, then squish the attack down to 2 rows instead of 1 row. And the 2 rows should contain 1 single-row pattern and 1 multi-row pattern.

I think there would be less people complaining with option #2, as the sprinkle attacks would still have a maximum volume. Also, I think that option #2 would be easier for the game programmers to do. Personally, I would be very happy with option #2, even though it would still cause a bunch of sprinkle attacks to be mysteriously chopped in size. I think it would be the perfect compromise for making the multi-row sprinkles useful, without dramatically increasing the amount of sprinkles that occur in a game.

And I think everyone should know that I'm pushing for the multi-row sprinkles to be fixed, even though it would hurt me A LOT. My favorite bludgeon is still the rope coils, which has a really cruddy multi-row sprinkle pattern. Fixing the multi-row sprinkles is actually a big nerf to the rope coils. And it's also going to hurt the fish bludgeon too, since that multi-row sprinkle pattern is fairly cruddy too. So if anyone wants the rope coils and fish nerfed, then they should want the multi-row sprinkles to be fixed.

Rumbling Guide 1
Rumbling Guide 2
Rumble Videos
[Edit 1 times, last edit by BootHook at Dec 17, 2009 8:23:31 AM]
[Dec 17, 2009 6:21:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates