• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 252
Posts: 252   Pages: 9   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 94500 times and has 251 replies Next Thread
Mobettagc

Re: Trinket suggestions thread Reply to this Post

I think there should be different coloured Sand Dollars, the main graphic is there already, having diffierent coloured ones should not be very difficult to implement.

I'd like to 2nd this suggestion. Thanks to Atlantis and CI, there are an amazing number of sand dollars in existence and no one really wants them since there's no "collecting" to be had. Get one and you are done; the rest are just pointless duplicates to most people.

But a lot of people like collecting sets of all the colors of a trinket. Sand dollars could actually be in demand, instead of a joke. (When I win one now, that's what it is; I laugh and think, "Oh, look, another sand dollar.")

Extremly Endorsed. /e glares at the dozens of Sand Dollars in his pockets.

Colored Sand dollars would be amazing. And would be way better then starfish or any other trinket!!

I support this :)
----------------------------------------
Mobettagc of Sage Emerald
[May 10, 2009 9:39:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squashbuckle

Colored Sand dollars would be amazing. And would be way better then starfish or any other trinket!!

While we're voting to add color variation to different trinkets, how about skulls and zombie hands in the variety of colors that skellies and zombies are found in? Collect the whole set!

Oh, and while we're at it, a few suggestions regarding trinket cases:

First, a larger trinket case would be nice. As the color pallette expands, so do the needs of collectors.

Second, clicking on a trinket case should show the whole collection, as in our "booty" tab after we click our name.

Third, I'd love a wall-mounted trinket display that permanently held particular trinkets. There could be small (1 trinket), large (6 trinkets), and giant (25? How many is a full set of starfish?)varieties. Hand the trinkets to the furnisher as you do a portrait when you order, and then, as with a framed portrait, you can forever display trinkets on the wall. Players would have to click to view the trinkets. It would be a nice way to show off trinkets without any risk of theft, too.
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Squashbuckle at May 15, 2009 9:19:18 AM]
[May 15, 2009 9:15:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackarius23

Third, I'd love a wall-mounted trinket display that permanently held particular trinkets. There could be small (1 trinket), large (6 trinkets), and giant (25? How many is a full set of starfish?)varieties. Hand the trinkets to the furnisher as you do a portrait when you order, and then, as with a framed portrait, you can forever display trinkets on the wall. Players would have to click to view the trinkets. It would be a nice way to show off trinkets without any risk of theft, too.

yes please!
Kork, Meridian
Jackarius, Cerulean

Cleaver is going to strangle all of you.

[May 15, 2009 12:38:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
myspace978

While we're voting to add color variation to different trinkets, how about skulls and zombie hands in the variety of colors that skellies and zombies are found in? Collect the whole set!

That would be great!, great thing to encourage zombie/skellie hunters too :)
Sale Thread: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=172262&offset=0#2386452

Bored Lantis Driver & Poker Player.
~~Jesee~~
[May 15, 2009 1:19:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Blackgold0

I love most of the new trinkets. Speaking of color, has anyone else noticed the lack of color in some of the new trinkets for ci and smh?

Spoiler warning - all trinkets

For example, the gilded serpent fang, a pirate would need Photoshop to enlarge the image to see any color. This is enlarged 300%:

I would suggest, either add more color to these trinkets, or just make them one color.

Possible solution:

Blackgold on the Cobalt Ocean
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Blackgold0 at Jun 7, 2009 10:50:20 PM]
[Jun 7, 2009 2:11:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Perlandria

...I'd love a wall-mounted trinket display that permanently held particular trinkets. There could be small (1 trinket), large (6 trinkets), and giant (25? How many is a full set of starfish?)varieties. Hand the trinkets to the furnisher as you do a portrait when you order, and then, as with a framed portrait, you can forever display trinkets on the wall. Players would have to click to view the trinkets. It would be a nice way to show off trinkets without any risk of theft, too.

This is brilliant.
Furnishing Puzzle Project:
Discussion: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=97545
Prototype: http://albert.best.vwh.net/gilthead/GiltHead.html
Proposal: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/GCPP:Proposal-Gilthead
[Jun 7, 2009 2:45:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Irig    Perlandria [Link]  Go to top 
Squashbuckle

I love that we have so many new trinkets, however many of the Atlantean trinkets don't look nearly as nice as they could. The bits of seaweed stuck to things are unattractive and take away from the looks of some otherwise very well drawn trinkets. The exceptions are the eggs (archelon and curious roe), which look good with the seaweed. The others, though, are beautiful on their own and don't need green strings distracting from the finer details of the art.
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[Jun 7, 2009 3:38:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BUCHANKO

Ummm there are so many junk trinkets form CI's and SMH's that it isn't as interesting... make them harder to get?
[Jun 18, 2009 6:31:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squashbuckle

Ummm there are so many junk trinkets form CI's and SMH's that it isn't as interesting... make them harder to get?

I respectfully disagree. Some CI and Atlantis trinkets are common, but it's good that there are sets that anyone can collect. Others are much less common, so more dedicated collectors can find a challenge in accumulating them. I think CI and Atlantis trinkets are well-balanced.
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[Jun 18, 2009 6:47:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sweetsuzie

I'd like to see trinket cases that can hold a whole collections or two even. So either allow more than one case in a room or let them hold more.
Sweetsusie
Captian of Masquerade
Lady of Brink of Dawn

Avitar by DarkFaery
[Jun 18, 2009 5:26:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
myspace978

This would have probably been suggested before but a certain class of trinket cases....

Like a altantean Trinket Case. A Cursed Triket Case. A Kind Trinket Case. A Normal one. So on...

Suggestions? Comments?
Sale Thread: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=172262&offset=0#2386452

~~Jesee~~
[Jun 20, 2009 6:37:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mobettagc

I like that one. Make the cases looks like they came from the theme.
Mobettagc of Sage Emerald
[Jun 24, 2009 1:06:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
XxKanGalxX

What about a Cursed Island trinked, called "Red Rain". It should look like a bottle with red water in it. All cultist are spamming "Give me Red Rain! Red Rain is coming" But where's the Red Rain?
Kangal of Opal
Olympos of Sage

If you need an Avatar please Klick.
Owner of "The Avatar Community"

[Jun 27, 2009 12:49:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
myspace978

What about a Cursed Island trinked, called "Red Rain". It should look like a bottle with red water in it. All cultist are spamming "Give me Red Rain! Red Rain is coming" But where's the Red Rain?

Errr......Red Rain = Blood?

~~Jesee~~
[Jun 28, 2009 8:26:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chigaga_YPP

Errr......Red Rain = Blood?

Bucket of Blood, then?
Chigaga
[Jun 30, 2009 3:12:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lylesnipah

Well.. in my opinion Trinkets are a big waste of time and space.. unless.. you make them visible on the char himself.. Same as the Injury.. Some stuff on the back, lets say the Fish eye lens monocle on the eye.. Ivory Toothpick in the mouth, Daisy/Flowers on the hat or hand.. and stuff like that.. just stuff that i have on me at that moment so i gave them as example..
Obsidian - Snipah, Senior Officer of the crew Arctic Pirate Penguins.
[Jul 2, 2009 8:42:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Deceptive

Uh. No.
I honestly don't care anymore.
[Jul 3, 2009 8:09:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

Well.. in my opinion Trinkets are a big waste of time and space.. unless.. you make them visible on the char himself.. Same as the Injury.. Some stuff on the back, lets say the Fish eye lens monocle on the eye.. Ivory Toothpick in the mouth, Daisy/Flowers on the hat or hand.. and stuff like that.. just stuff that i have on me at that moment so i gave them as example..

wow... under all those trinkets, you wouldn't see the pirate anymore. Let's see what I'm currently carrying since I am moving stuff around and waiting for the new display cases to be finished:

lots skellie skulls and zombie hands, about 50 or so sand dollars, starfish of most colors, about 20 different CI trinkets in a variety of colors, same for atlantean, ribbons and pins from various tourneys and competitions, and not to forget all those candy canes, teddy bears, gingerbread houses, and what nots... oh, and the BK trinkets... don't know if i forgot anything.. :D

if all that was visible on the pirate, i'd look like a pile o'loot

the devs said, it's awfully cumbersome to show them all on your pirate page, like your trophies. After all they're tradeable. But there's a place you can put them yourself, on your wiki page. someone posted that link in a previous post.

Happy 4th
Windwench
Hags of the Wicked Winds, Cerulean
Collecting Hake & Hagfish
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HS on Viri:
Captain shouts, for heaven's sake, don't leave th :P
Jobber says, you don't hear that yelled too often
[Jul 4, 2009 6:47:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
Lylesnipah

wow... under all those trinkets, you wouldn't see the pirate anymore. Let's see what I'm currently carrying since I am moving stuff around and waiting for the new display cases to be finished:

lots skellie skulls and zombie hands, about 50 or so sand dollars, starfish of most colors, about 20 different CI trinkets in a variety of colors, same for atlantean, ribbons and pins from various tourneys and competitions, and not to forget all those candy canes, teddy bears, gingerbread houses, and what nots... oh, and the BK trinkets... don't know if i forgot anything.. :D

if all that was visible on the pirate, i'd look like a pile o'loot

the devs said, it's awfully cumbersome to show them all on your pirate page, like your trophies. After all they're tradeable. But there's a place you can put them yourself, on your wiki page. someone posted that link in a previous post.

Happy 4th

You can wear only 1 Trinket.. >.>
[Jul 4, 2009 4:17:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

I know that... that wasn't the point
Windwench
Hags of the Wicked Winds, Cerulean
Collecting Hake & Hagfish
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HS on Viri:
Captain shouts, for heaven's sake, don't leave th :P
Jobber says, you don't hear that yelled too often
[Jul 4, 2009 6:51:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
Yoccm

Not a new suggestion, but BK/Q trinkets should be given out to everyone present on the ship that drives a flotilla away.

Make new ones to up the 'gotta have it' effect, yes?
Every once in a blue moon, the moon turns blue.
[Jul 4, 2009 9:23:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lylesnipah

I know that... that wasn't the point

Actually.. it was your point.. you tried to say that people will wear alot of trinkets and then won't be able to see em at all..
So i pointed the fact that only one trinket can be worn..
[Jul 5, 2009 4:41:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nitroglyceri

Not sure if this has been mentioned (apologies for the short attention span for the 20-odd pages beforehand), but what if we could utilize trinkets, with the aid of shoppes and bazaars, to build newer, or imitation items? Using one or more trinkets, along with some materials from a shoppe, a different (though oriented towards the trinket(s), such as SMH-related, BK-related, flowers, etc.) type of item will be produced. For instance, trident tines, wood, iron and enamel (and money and labor, of course) could be used to make synthetic tridents, which, while will not be as good, nor have the fifth block effect as the original, will be similar in efficiency. Flowers and plants could become furniture (for the botanists-at-heart?).

Personally, I think we need some sort of trinket sink, since many enter the economy, but few actually leave.
Explosives of Viridian

That guy nobody knows or cares about.
[Jul 6, 2009 10:49:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Charlienoah

I dont know if this has already been mentioned, but maybe a Voodoo doll trinket can be won from CI?
Nadinya/Nadinyarr
Call me Nads ;o)
Gods of War
Cerulean
[Sep 6, 2009 8:34:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squashbuckle

We already have a voodoo doll trinket from CI - the cursed effigy.
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[Sep 6, 2009 10:28:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Charlienoah

I mean one with pins sticking in it etc
Nadinya/Nadinyarr
Call me Nads ;o)
Gods of War
Cerulean
[Sep 7, 2009 6:39:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

The persimmon starfish could really do with being desaturated a bit. Right now it looks weird next to all the others.

EDIT: I see that you've now gone and compounded the situation with the new "royal blue" starfish, which is just as (over)saturated.
I expect we'll see a "#00FF00" one to complete the set.
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[Edit 1 times, last edit by cmdrzoom at Sep 16, 2009 4:56:01 PM]
[Sep 16, 2009 2:45:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scurvyskull9

The persimmon starfish could really do with being desaturated a bit. Right now it looks weird next to all the others.

EDIT: I see that you've now gone and compounded the situation with the new "royal blue" starfish, which is just as (over)saturated.
I expect we'll see a "#00FF00" one to complete the set.

Bright O_o
Skullea - Now an Official Forum Tart
Skullea says, "My junk is bigger than yours."
Galene says, "It is not the size of the ship that matters. It is how well you predict your opponent's moves and how well you staff your stations.&quot
[Nov 14, 2009 9:42:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

We are in need of cheese to accompany our wine (colored items).
[Nov 24, 2009 9:56:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Deceptive

We are in need of cheese to accompany our wine (colored items).

Hmm, what kind of cheese?
I honestly don't care anymore.
[Nov 25, 2009 7:30:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 252   Pages: 9   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates