• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 74
Posts: 74   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 12984 times and has 73 replies Next Thread
Nordenx

Re: Limited Edition Portrait Background - Shoppe edition! [NEW deadline 18th September 2009] Reply to this Post

Weavery

Please attribute to Molasses on Cobalt.

Final Entry here

Love it! I wouldn't be surprised if this gets selected (and asked for a few additional details & adjustments).
----------------------------------------
Nordenx of Viridian

Mariner's Used
[Sep 20, 2009 7:01:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Harlech

Re: Limited Edition Portrait Background - Shoppe edition! [NEW deadline 18th September 2009] Reply to this Post

Love it! I wouldn't be surprised if this gets selected (and asked for a few additional details & adjustments).

Thanks, Nordenx.

Adjustments might include:
Making it look less like a pack of life savers and a giant stick of butter.
Adding texture.

Unfortunately, the more exciting parts of the loom are covered by the pirate. The other entries were much better organized in this respect.
SIXTH Puzzle, Win an Avatar.
[Sep 21, 2009 6:54:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Thanks, Nordenx.

Adding texture.

Unfortunately, the more exciting parts of the loom are covered by the pirate. The other entries were much better organized in this respect.

LMAO! I didn't think it looked like butter OR life savers until you said something! shhhh!
Dexla d'Midnight
[Sep 21, 2009 7:28:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nordenx

Thanks, Nordenx.

Adding texture.

Textures needed, definitely. Wood, textile & floor... and a bit more shadows & ambient occlusions (reflected light and atmospheric shadows & blurs).

The arrangement needs a bit of adjustment. :P It's really difficult to make maximized use of the limited amount of space around the pirate image, especially on the single pirate portrait. This is why I always use the cutout on a top layer and work around it (keeping in mind that other objects may block most of the left hand side; weapons & items held and pets on the bottom).
Nordenx of Viridian

Mariner's Used
[Sep 23, 2009 5:03:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ddraigeneth

This is actually closed, yes? Personally, I'm disappointed not to see Phillite's final piece, I quite liked the sketches.

As far as Harlech's:
The details, especially in the loom, are wonderful, and it really is a shame they'd be covered up. I didn't think of butter, but I do feel a different palette would better suit the piece. They're a bit...distracting? I suppose.

I do love your linework.
Gwiddon d'Sage - Making her own avatars since 2005
DeviantART

Is yer sword a foil?
[Sep 23, 2009 6:07:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Harlech

Thanks for the advice, mates!

---

Hey Apollo,
If this competition is still open, please say so, as I'd like to tinker a bit.
Thank ye!
[Sep 24, 2009 11:32:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

No, it's in judging. :)
Results expected soooooon.
[Sep 25, 2009 1:36:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
lcawte

No, it's in judging. :)
Results expected soooooon.

Hey Apollo, am I safe to swap the categorys on the tag so it archives, or shall I wait until the results are posted?
Lcawte All Oceans
Senior Officer, Privateers of Emerald Ocean. Former Governor of Barbary Island.
Sage: Lcawte - Captain Of Scottish Seadogs , King Of [url=tinyurl.com/lb
[Sep 29, 2009 7:52:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.lewiscawte.me [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

I think it's probably worth waiting until the next set have been judged now, and just resetting for the October contest. :)

Next post will be the winners!
[Sep 29, 2009 11:47:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Re: Limited Edition Portrait Background - Shoppe edition! [deadline 31st August 2009] Reply to this Post

Our two limited edition portrait background winners this month are:

Greylady of Malachite:

Molasses of Cobalt:

Congratulations! Please would both winners PM me with a real name and full mailing address for their real-life prize, plus their choice of clothing item in the game, and their choice of one of the following: Fishheadred doll or egg, or Greenbones doll or egg.
[Sep 29, 2009 11:51:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Harlech

Re: Limited Edition Portrait Background - Shoppe edition! [deadline 31st August 2009] Reply to this Post

Thanks bunches, Apollo! (And to the Ringer arrrtists as well!)

I'm genuinely pleased for ye, Greylady. :)
[Sep 29, 2009 1:35:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CapnKkatz

Ohhhh!!! /me faints!

Thanks to the Arrrrtists - and Apollo, of course! And an extra thank ye to everyone who has shared their feedback and encouragement over the course of the last year. I could never have come this far without yer help!

And dear Harlech, congrats mate, and thanks so much for the kind thoughts. I feel truly honored to be in such fine company!
Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

"In a courtroom, it is not the loudest voice that prevails...it's the Constitution." WA AG
[Sep 29, 2009 8:13:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gyps13

Congrats to both of you! :)
~ Jaede ~ Malachite
Dragon Eggs
Pokemon Eggs

*Current Avi by Scheherazade*
[Sep 30, 2009 8:53:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Defleur

Congratulations on your winning entries, Greylady and Harlech! :)
Defleur

Geologist says, "Some trick or treaters knocked while the comp was on and I threw candy out of my bedroom window at them then went back to carp >.>"
[Oct 1, 2009 1:40:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 74   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates