• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 1872
Posts: 1872   Pages: 63   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 412247 times and has 1871 replies Next Thread
shawn007

Re: Monthly Familiar Puzzle Competitions Reply to this Post

I would have no issue with no gunning competition if I knew it was being worked on. In the end the fact of the matter no resources are being focused there instead Dev's are coding artistic releases. So I believe gunners have the right to complain until we get a statement from Three Rings as to why that isn't a major focus.
----------------------------------------
Shawnthgreta of Sage
Former Prince of HE
Forme SO of YWN
FO of JFF
[Aug 5, 2009 11:02:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shipperthree

Date: Sunday, August 30th
Time: 3:00 pm
Puzzle: Carpentry
Familiar: Lime Octopus

Hmm, this is the day before my birthday... Early birthday present please, OOO?

^_^

amg you have the same birthday as my cat
[Aug 5, 2009 12:19:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pyr0_pyrate

amg you have the same birthday as my cat

cool story, brah

also /me can't make either the rigging or the crafting competitions :'(.. maybe not carp either.. bad august, why must you be so busy
[Aug 5, 2009 12:34:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yassenn

MAYBE just MAYBE another gunning comp would be excellent? and maybe for a colored octo? i mean idk just been waiting for one FOREVER lol

Maybe it's just me, but I thought it was readily accepted that the gunning scoring was not reflective of actual skill, if you've got the inclination to how it is scored in the first place. Consequently, I feel it would be irresponsible of them to create a gunning competition until there is a more fair representation of gunning skill. I mean, how lame would it be for you to join a gunning competition only to get outdone my some shmuck alt on a navy vessel manipulating the scoring system. Whilst I do understand your frustration with the fact that since the inception of this there has not been a gunning competition, I feel that its been responsible of the OM's to not schedule one until it is fixed. Similarly, with SW, they CHANGED it from SW to foraging or something Blacksmithing the first month this ran because they became aware that Shipwrightery was a broken scoring system. Just cool your jets, add a little less sarcasm, and be happy that they're doing this sort of thing at all.

~Abyzaran

Most of these puzzle comps arn't just about the skill level of the players. For example shipwrightery is all about who can get the luckiest spawn. All the GM-ult shipwrighters have about the same chance of winning.

I would have no issue with no gunning competition if I knew it was being worked on.In the end the fact of the matter As far as we have been told no resources are being focused there instead Dev's are coding artistic releases. So I believe gunners have the right to complain until we get a statement from Three Rings as to why that isn't a major focus.

I very much so agree.
Is it the weekend yet?
Yassenn of Hunter/Sage
Gunning Video
[Aug 5, 2009 12:54:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shawn007

I would have no issue with no gunning competition if I knew it was being worked on.In the end the fact of the matter As far as we have been told no resources are being focused there instead Dev's are coding artistic releases. So I believe gunners have the right to complain until we get a statement from Three Rings as to why that isn't a major focus.

I very much so agree.

I don't like people editing my posts this isn't parley. And the way I view it they came out with another pointless release before fixing this bug therefore revealing their priorities. Three Rings clearly doesnt find this sufficient enough to release ANYTHING on so why should gunners be showing respect? Maybe it's about time players demand changes in the game and end of more revenue source after revenue source?
Shawnthgreta of Sage
Former Prince of HE
Forme SO of YWN
FO of JFF
[Aug 5, 2009 1:33:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Searmin

I don't like people editing my posts this isn't parley. And the way I view it they came out with another pointless release before fixing this bug therefore revealing their priorities. Three Rings clearly doesnt find this sufficient enough to release ANYTHING on so why should gunners be showing respect? Maybe it's about time players demand changes in the game and end of more revenue source after revenue source?

They corrected it, it was wrong before. You're right though, this isn't parley. Technically speaking, neither your post nor this one belong here.

Clearly they should stop everything they are doing for the benefit (?) of the entire game and focus on a problem that only arises with ONE out of the TWENTY different puzzles to the complete exclusion of everything else? There are lots of things that need to be worked on or improved in the game, and so there are lots of things that the people working on the game are doing at once. Some things take longer than others; look how long it took for some of the carp bugs to vanish. Not because they didn't care or it wasn't a priority, I believe the major issue was that it sometimes takes a while to figure out the best possible way to solve a problem.
Searmin

Conversations from the One Ring sloop:

Searmin says, "Okay, we're gonna sail this ship right into Mount Doom"
Dracina says," One does not simply sail into Mordor"

[Aug 5, 2009 4:39:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
waterdropp

Most of these puzzle comps arn't just about the skill level of the players. For example shipwrightery is all about who can get the luckiest spawn. All the GM-ult shipwrighters have about the same chance of winning.

With respect to Shipwrightery, and a few other Puzzles, any GM or Legendary pirate has the capability with more practice on it to become Ult. Technically speaking, anyone who is master+ in SW has access to the same boards as an Ult, at least in my experiences their pieces are the same. Anyways, the whole notion that only the best of the best win the prize is a little droll in my opinion. While certain aspects of becoming ultimate affect your overall ability to puzzle, and thusly make a better overall score in the puzzling session. So, to say a grand master puzzler has an equal chance of winning as an ultimate seems a bit off, for a few reasons.

Anyways, gunning the scoring is askew. Won't go into how its manipulated, but you, as a gunner are probably aware of how it is done. I'd much rather someone of similar skill to win, than someone manipulating the scoring system... just a thought
[Aug 6, 2009 6:54:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IceSpeed

I honestly have no idea what somebody would do to manipulate the gunning score, anybody care to enlighten me in a PM? If it's complicated as hell, forget it, I probably wouldn't understand anyway ;)
Gameplay on Midnight ( and most oceans )
Gleeful and Taio on Sage
Buoyant on Malachite
Gleeful on Ice
[Aug 6, 2009 10:00:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LubJenneh

I honestly have no idea what somebody would do to manipulate the gunning score, anybody care to enlighten me in a PM? If it's complicated as hell, forget it, I probably wouldn't understand anyway ;)

I've heard of multiple things related to gunning such as hackers, people loading only the rum and paper thing then waiting till right before the LP to load the cannonball, and other stuff like that. Apparently there is a hacker on Sage (won't say names) who is a very contributing factor to all of this.
Verlool
[Aug 7, 2009 1:45:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
treese

What an awesome event:

Date: Saturday, August 22nd
Time: 1:00 pm
Puzzle: Alchemistry, Blacksmithing, Distilling, Shipwrighting
Familiar: Orange Monkey *

* 1st Overall will win an Orange Monkey. 1st in each individual puzzle will win a tan monkey!

but noooo, it co-insides with the 2nd DC Mini Meetup!
TammyGal
Cobalt Ocean
SO & former Captain of Boochin' Drunks - One of the founding crews of Cobalt
Lady of the all-grown-up CAPS LOCK Kiddies, Super Awesomeness!!
(awesome avatar by Darkfaery!)
[Aug 7, 2009 9:25:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://superawesomepp.proboards100.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

/me pictures a bunch of pirates, sitting around on laptops crafting...
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Aug 8, 2009 4:06:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
treese

Tried that last time. No wireless on the weekends, or if there is, it's sketchy at best.

/e makes sad panda face.
TammyGal
Cobalt Ocean
[Aug 8, 2009 4:46:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://superawesomepp.proboards100.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
iLb1xyQQQ

red monkey there i come :)
Slovenia.
[Aug 10, 2009 4:21:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pandaxee6

how can I get YPP! to work on Linux? >_____<
It says it's a supported platform, but says nothing of helping out with difficulties
please help me, I want to play <333
I've sailed the pirate seas for 13 Years.
https://sunnypriestess.deviantart.com/gallery/
[Aug 11, 2009 4:48:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Deceptive

Familiars are now worthless. Good job Ocean Masters. Have a familiar used to mean something. Now its common, and a lot of people have a whole fancy set of them.
I honestly don't care anymore.
[Aug 11, 2009 8:49:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Familiars are now worthless. Good job Ocean Masters. Have a familiar used to mean something. Now its common, and a lot of people have a whole fancy set of them.

They still do mean something and some people always had a fancy set of them.
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Aug 11, 2009 8:58:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
treese

I've been playing the game for 5 years now and am still fam free (the one I'm wearing belongs to a hearty). I've come to the realization that I may never win a fam, but I can still try. And I can oogle everyone else's fammies and still dream.
TammyGal
Cobalt Ocean
[Aug 12, 2009 2:28:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://superawesomepp.proboards100.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

Question - how long will the August 22 event take, roughly? Is it an hour total?
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Aug 12, 2009 3:39:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackarius23

worthless? i dont see people handing them out fer free! search the forums! the cheapest are 200k+

i still dream of having a fam, ive always wanted one - and the people with "fancy sets" deserve them, they play the game well, are brilliant at puzzles, and earn them in their own right.
Kork, Meridian
Jackarius, Cerulean

Cleaver is going to strangle all of you.

[Aug 12, 2009 4:29:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
superstarsam

Regular familiar puzzle competitions have been overdue and are awesome now that they're here. Any fams won are totally deserved -- when everyone on the ocean (almost) is playing and wants it, it's tough to win.

Go be negative somewhere else, this is awesome.
Geologist - now exclusively Obsidian Emerald flavoured
[Aug 12, 2009 4:54:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

Question - how long will the August 22 event take, roughly? Is it an hour total?
I think it might be 2 hours, 30 minutes for each.

Familiars seem worthless because we're getting a large influx of them now, but really they're not. If you spread them over the period when puzzle competitions didn't exist and bake offs were rare, it kind of evens out.
Anchovia
[Aug 12, 2009 5:16:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Debbi9

Maybe they should cancel all impromptu parlor tournaments, and take back all familiars that were given to those from that. To, ya know... make familiars worth something again...
Amberre of Cobalt

Me Carpenting

Crip says, "but i wouldnt mind her as a gf i would just use the words"
Crip says, "sthu woman."
[Aug 12, 2009 5:51:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
henryrules10

5/10. Beating a dead horse, but you got some bites, so I gotta give you credit for that, as that is what trolling is all about.
Nickbush on every ocean (Jadebush on Jade -.-)

Native Cobaltean for life

http://www.youtube.com/user/NickBush24

Foraging scoring glitch: http://bit.ly/QEpApx
[Aug 12, 2009 6:05:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
harrjm

Midnight results for Distilling Fam Event:

The competition 'Familiar Distilling ' has ended.
Manannan won the 1st category in Distilling!
Penguinpaste won the 2nd category in Distilling!
Forevever won the 3rd category in Distilling!
Piepi won the 4th category in Distilling!
Captain of Gods of War
King of Tyranny
Blockade madman
[Aug 12, 2009 10:31:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Justout133

Rigging! YES! Finally! Wooooop.

I can at LEAST get second, if not completely win it. I don't even remember the last time I've gotten an excellent.
[Aug 14, 2009 1:10:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Roleni

Not to burst your bubble, but consistency is, sadly, meaningless. These are competitions, where anomalies in the positive direction are all that matter. ;)
Thalatta & others

Hera tells ye, "You got me so flustered by the spanking, I booched my chat response!"
Hera tells ye, "Purple is the most awesome colour ever!"
[Aug 14, 2009 3:01:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
keirachan

Ahh, but can you get those consistently?
Axemaniac on Cobalt.
Hera tells ye, "Oceanus is lots of fun! I suspect he was frightened of both the 'Axe' and the 'maniac' in yer name :)"
[Aug 16, 2009 2:34:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shipperthree

Not to burst your bubble, but consistency is, sadly, meaningless. These are competitions, where anomalies in the positive direction are all that matter. ;)

If you claim to be brilliant, yet can't submit an amazing score in the competitions, doesn't that reek of inconsistency?

Please don't contradict yourself. These competitions are excellent.
[Aug 16, 2009 6:00:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shipperthree

Maybe they should cancel all impromptu parlor tournaments, and take back all familiars that were given to those from that. To, ya know... make familiars worth something again...

Sorry, but that is just plain stupid.
[Aug 16, 2009 6:03:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
keirachan

Keep in mind competition scoring doesn't always reflect on skill. Or skill reflect on competition scoring..
Axemaniac on Cobalt.
Hera tells ye, "Oceanus is lots of fun! I suspect he was frightened of both the 'Axe' and the 'maniac' in yer name :)"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by keirachan at Aug 16, 2009 6:40:34 AM]
[Aug 16, 2009 6:39:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 1872   Pages: 63   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates