• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 1872
Posts: 1872   Pages: 63   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 411226 times and has 1871 replies Next Thread
TBPOTN7

Re: Monthly Familiar Puzzle Competitions Reply to this Post

the duchess era is broken (or she just wasn't there!)

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd11/Tbpotn/PuzzlePiratesTbpotn17.png

thanks for these comps, i finally got meself a coloured fam :)
[Jun 7, 2009 3:41:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mennus

A bilge competition might be nice ^^

I'm hoping to see one in July, at least! :o
----------------------------------------
Flavor on Meridian 2012-
Mennus on Hunter 2007-2009
[Jun 7, 2009 4:57:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Harlech

Thanks for hosting the competition, I enjoyed it. Shipwrightery's my favorite.

I wasn't prepared for the swarm. Five minutes in to the competition, I began to receive "if you win will you sell it" tells. I thought people were messing with me. It wasn't until the end that I realized that the standings must be posted on the fly. Til then I wondered, "how the heck do you know how I'm doing?"

I were a bit overwhelmed with messages at the end, and didn't even think to check the Cobalt standings before I logged with me tail between me legs.

I wish yer luck with the next one, Cobalt mates!
SIXTH Puzzle, Win an Avatar.
[Jun 7, 2009 4:58:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kingnothing3

Will there be any bilge competitions? Would be nice to see at least one of those...
Kingnothing

I guess it's time for you to hate me again.
Lets begin now hand me the pen.
How should I begin it and where does it all end.
My medicine ball, your in my medicine ball friends.
[Jun 10, 2009 9:41:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Arabica

It isn't broken yet she wins all the piracy competitions so i wish you luck in the upcoming sailing competition.:D
Aranub
coming in second place in a competition IS a "failure".
[Jun 11, 2009 11:02:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sayae

ahh, the carpentry one is too early in the morning </3.
[Jun 13, 2009 8:18:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mennus

It isn't broken yet she wins all the piracy competitions so i wish you luck in the upcoming sailing competition.:D

I heard a rumor that she would not make it!
Flavor on Meridian 2012-
Mennus on Hunter 2007-2009
[Jun 14, 2009 4:17:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smartjenny

I wan't a familer so bad, I would never get first in any of those though.
Rose/white parrot......<3 <3
Pepperminty
SO of Serenity on Cobalt

Freak wrote: Welcome to cobalt! we all love each other. We all hate each others guts.

[Jun 14, 2009 3:08:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Heibii

It will be hard for me to catch the dnaving competition =(

will be like 3 am and I have work next morning o.o
but I guess I will try. Lots of redbull !
Hei on Emerald

Yusss I dnav!
[Jun 14, 2009 4:12:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Arabica

omg this couldnt happen duchess era is really finished she only came 2nd wat a failure !!

The competition 'Familiar Sailing' has ended.
Sheeran won the 1st category in Sailing!
Duchess won the 2nd category in Sailing!
Mauritius won the 3rd category in Sailing!
Purplebarney won the 4th category in Sailing!

these are the results of hunter competition :)
Aranub
[Jun 15, 2009 10:34:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
UCSBboy

Since people were talking about coming to hunter to face duchess, I figured I would come represent for mala. Hunter people take heart, you can beat her if you try. :)
Auranic of Obsidian
Sheeran of Emerald
Sheeran of Meridian

[quote]Verlool says (on vent), "We knew him when he was in his prime, we called him Sheeran the Magnificent."
[Jun 15, 2009 12:49:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pnevares

Arabica, coming in second place in a competition is not a "failure". Tbpotn, Duchess doesn't enter most crafting competitions much less place high, so there was no "era" there. Sheeran, you sailed great early on and Duchess only shot to second place within the last 8 minutes or so.

I don't like hearing my sweet friend talked about like a monster, especially when Isildur is highly respected for his success in competitions. Are you boys so afraid of a girl?
Northstar
Retiring on the beach with Duckling
[Jun 15, 2009 3:29:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
UCSBboy

Dont worry northstar, I wasnt there to fight a "monster", I was there because I like a challenge.
Auranic of Obsidian
Sheeran of Emerald
Sheeran of Meridian

[quote]Verlool says (on vent), "We knew him when he was in his prime, we called him Sheeran the Magnificent."
[Jun 15, 2009 4:43:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Distructible

omg this couldnt happen duchess era is really finished she only came 2nd wat a failure !!

The competition 'Familiar Sailing' has ended.
Sheeran won the 1st category in Sailing!
Duchess won the 2nd category in Sailing!
Mauritius won the 3rd category in Sailing!
Purplebarney won the 4th category in Sailing!

these are the results of hunter competition :)

Nah, I tinck she just had bad luck, anyway this is the only competition where she got other place than 1st :P
Masters on Emerald.
[Jun 16, 2009 4:30:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SAMSON16

SO I was going to ask is there going to be a Bilge Competition and if so when??
Selling War Brig - Ported at Dragons Nest and painted Green

Pst Stunttman with offer
[Jun 16, 2009 6:35:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Searmin

SO I was going to ask is there going to be a Bilge Competition and if so when??

At some point after they announce it. Chill, be patient, they are only doing a few of these every month and they already said that they will get to ALL of the puzzles in time. Which means, yes, there will be a bilge competition, but no, it will not be this month. Try again in July.
Searmin

Conversations from the One Ring sloop:

Searmin says, "Okay, we're gonna sail this ship right into Mount Doom"
Dracina says," One does not simply sail into Mordor"

[Jun 16, 2009 8:27:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Br00tal

there needs to be a bilging fami puzzle competition :(
Brootal On viridan
Officer of the crew Sons Of Odin

:)
[Jun 17, 2009 6:28:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Minsiem

there needs to be a bilging fami puzzle competition :(

See post directly above yours. >.>
Minsiem, Like A Fox
Nimbelina, Any Minute Now

I believe in a Higher Purple!

Erfan flag officer chats, "let's cade a popular forage island"

[Jun 17, 2009 9:11:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Br00tal

oh lmfao whoops :P
Brootal On viridan

[Jun 17, 2009 9:43:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

I had a panic attack translating times but then WHEE! I forgot about the whole date line thing I don't have to pray for a late time for parent-teacher interviews next week after all!
Phoenix - Black Plague to the core, Flag may change randomly.

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

I think the OM's suck and are cheats.

no u

-Pro

[Jun 17, 2009 9:57:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Br00tal

I had a panic attack translating times but then WHEE! I forgot about the whole date line thing I don't have to pray for a late time for parent-teacher interviews next week after all!

uhm..are you sure your on the right forum?
lmao
Brootal On viridan

[Jun 17, 2009 10:51:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

uhm..are you sure your on the right forum?
lmao

Positive.

9pm pirate time = 2pm local time - THE NEXT DAY. I forgot the next day thing and had a panic attack because next Wednesday at 2pm I have parent-teacher interviews to attend and I thought I was going to miss out on the most perfectly timed Duty Nav bakeoff ever. But it's not 2pm Wednesday it's 2pm Thursday.
Phoenix - Black Plague to the core, Flag may change randomly.

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

I think the OM's suck and are cheats.

no u

-Pro

[Jun 18, 2009 1:00:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Arabica

coming in second place in a competition is not a "failure".

u took the word failure too seriously in its meaning yah i would jump of happiness even if i reach top 4 and any1 would do that i think but well wat i mean i missed the day when i saw some random name on 1st place except duchess .but i might understand how sheeran beat her coz i sailed like an able that competion and managed to reach 12th so i guess hunter pirates are just aint that good on puzzles ??

P.S: hunter ppl dont get mad at me for the last words as am a greenie of hunter myself :D
Aranub
[Jun 18, 2009 5:18:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SaviourS

Would be nice to have a 'Learning the Ropes' competition now that shipwrightery has been fixed :) Out of curiosity, will we even have competitions involving 2 or more puzzles? Thanks in advance
Saviour, Meridian
[Jun 18, 2009 6:34:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fsurocks82

If the crafters now get the EXACT date and time to aim for and such...i think its only fair the carousers get an updated fammy tourey sched. i mean...really. it's just the luck of being on or not.
Demonfire of Cobalt
[Jun 18, 2009 9:16:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

If the crafters now get the EXACT date and time to aim for and such...i think its only fair the carousers get an updated fammy tourey sched. i mean...really. it's just the luck of being on or not.
That's what it's supposed to be. When we have colored familiar tournaments, we generally pre-announce time and date. The tan familiar tournaments are much more frequent, and cycle across all days and times of day, and I think it's a good thing if they're available for the people actually playing the game rather than specifically for the event-watchers.
[Jun 19, 2009 1:26:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
shipperthree

That's what it's supposed to be. When we have colored familiar tournaments, we generally pre-announce time and date. The tan familiar tournaments are much more frequent, and cycle across all days and times of day, and I think it's a good thing if they're available for the people actually playing the game rather than specifically for the event-watchers.

Does this mean there is any possiblity of automated tan puzzle competitions? Or am I being too greedy?
[Jun 20, 2009 11:58:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SaviourS

I think it was mentioned at the beginning of the thread that we could see some, ain't found one yet though personally
Saviour, Meridian
[Jun 20, 2009 12:10:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
basso

Actually I assumed these monthly ones were going to be tan familiars. It seems pretty crazy that so many coloreds would be out each month (not complaining, already snagged one). I'd just prefer to see a balance between carousing, crafting, and piracy. I mean if carousing isn't getting many coloreds (I don't believe they are, not sure), I don't think the others should either. I'm not looking out for my interests here, as my count is vastly higher in crafting and piracy puzzles.
Montage of Sage
Mads wrote: 
OK, now I'm convinced. The problem here is that you cannot understand plain English.

[Jun 20, 2009 4:39:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Carousing's had twice as many coloureds in the last year as the other puzzles. The core puzzles are way behind, and will be I expect forever, since the rate of 3 puzzles a month per year with... what have we got, 19 puzzles? will mean they'll get a couple hits a year, and that's it.

Which, in my opinion, is pretty close to the right balance. :-)
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Jun 20, 2009 5:39:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 1872   Pages: 63   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates