• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 373
Posts: 373   Pages: 13   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 92968 times and has 372 replies Next Thread
Loren_S

Re: The Shop Tool Reply to this Post

Has someone tried/implemented the sheet as google spreadsheet? Having a shared internet version between managers would be a tremendous help.

As far as I know some kind of open-office is working in the background of google-docs. So chances are it can be made to work.
----------------------------------------
CoatOSilver, Captain of Forget About It, Retired King of ©©©, Sage
[Sep 24, 2008 1:23:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Megami1

I have not tried it, nor is that an endeavor that I wish to tackle.

I have actually retired from the game for some months now. So I probably won't be keeping up with the Shop Tool much past this beta test even.
Megami,
Retired
Lotsofgoats wrote: 
Megami has proposed a muffin. If you propose a waffle in return, ye will be breakfast buddies!

Intner wrote: 
Go fly a malakite!

[Sep 24, 2008 5:36:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

I briefly tried to set up an IM sheet on Google. Briefly.

Bottom line: I'm no good managing formulas on a spreadsheet. (That part matrix -> item construction issue was beyond me; google did not have "sumproduct" working when I tried it.)
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Sep 26, 2008 9:31:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

I made an attempt at doing a Google-based version of the tool once too. There are simply too many missing functions to make it work nearly as well as the Excel version I was maintaining at the time. I actually opted to move development to Java (which I didn't know) to try making some sort of system that would allow for more long-term growth in the tool, included shared copies through an eventual server of sorts. I bought a book on Java and it was way too difficult for me to pick up so I gave up the idea.

In other news, I stopped by to check out the tool's development since I've been away. Glad to see Megami and others are still plugging away at it. Downloaded the recent version (7.1 Beta) and poked around a bit and liked what I saw.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Sep 30, 2008 4:54:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Megami1

I made an attempt at doing a Google-based version of the tool once too. There are simply too many missing functions to make it work nearly as well as the Excel version I was maintaining at the time. I actually opted to move development to Java (which I didn't know) to try making some sort of system that would allow for more long-term growth in the tool, included shared copies through an eventual server of sorts. I bought a book on Java and it was way too difficult for me to pick up so I gave up the idea.

In other news, I stopped by to check out the tool's development since I've been away. Glad to see Megami and others are still plugging away at it. Downloaded the recent version (7.1 Beta) and poked around a bit and liked what I saw.

Miss you Belgarion. Glad you had a chance to look at the new tool and more importantly that you like it. <3
Megami,
Retired
Lotsofgoats wrote: 
Megami has proposed a muffin. If you propose a waffle in return, ye will be breakfast buddies!

Intner wrote: 
Go fly a malakite!

[Oct 1, 2008 8:51:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ame

I just noticed 2 issues in the furnisher spreadsheet:

Carven Chair using regular grey cloth, but in game it is fine grey cloth.

And the formular AX column (Profit margin) comparing 2 columns on 2 different lines instead of 2 columns on same line.

[edited to make the explanation more understandable]
Piranne Midnight, Captain of Relaxing Pirates and queen of Sunny Places
[Edit 2 times, last edit by ame at Oct 6, 2008 1:30:56 AM]
[Oct 6, 2008 1:05:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Megami1

I'll get it fixed asap.
Megami,
Retired
Lotsofgoats wrote: 

Intner wrote: 
Go fly a malakite!

[Oct 6, 2008 5:22:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sonnea

Speaking of which, I'm still waiting on my German translator (hint hint, nudge nudge Hibiskus) to finish off the last few German translations for this release.

Sy, for let you wait such a long time. I did it just know and sent it to you by e-mail.
Immer eine Handbreit Wasser unter dem Kiel, guten Wind und fette Beute
wünscht

Hibiskus
Prinzessin der Dark Shadows
Leitender Offizier der Lords of Darkness
[Oct 12, 2008 5:22:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://trixiehexe.de [Link]  Go to top 
skurfer48

I have a quick question here. I don't know if it's been asked before so I apologize if I missed it. I have been using the shoptool for a while now and I absolutely love it! (Mostly for Apoths and Weaveries) The only problem I have is that it has never been able to calculate the taxes and I always have to go through and enter them manually so the rest of the prices work out. That wasn't too big of a deal for an Apoth or Weavery but now I am looking into starting to use it for a Tailor and needless to say I don't want to have to go through and manually look up and enter the tax for every single item in every single color combination...

If someone might have an idea of what it is that isn't working that would be amazingly helpful. I'm not extremely adept in complicated Excel things so it might just be something simple I don't know about. (I hope) Oh, and if it is of any matter, I am running this on a Mac using Office 2004. Thanks in advance!!
[Oct 21, 2008 3:20:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Megami1

I have a quick question here. I don't know if it's been asked before so I apologize if I missed it. I have been using the shoptool for a while now and I absolutely love it! (Mostly for Apoths and Weaveries) The only problem I have is that it has never been able to calculate the taxes and I always have to go through and enter them manually so the rest of the prices work out. That wasn't too big of a deal for an Apoth or Weavery but now I am looking into starting to use it for a Tailor and needless to say I don't want to have to go through and manually look up and enter the tax for every single item in every single color combination...

If someone might have an idea of what it is that isn't working that would be amazingly helpful. I'm not extremely adept in complicated Excel things so it might just be something simple I don't know about. (I hope) Oh, and if it is of any matter, I am running this on a Mac using Office 2004. Thanks in advance!!

The taxes update automatically, you need to ensure that automatic update is turned on in your preferences. When you open the tool it will pull the data automatically from the YPP servers. Also make sure that you have selected the proper ocean at the top of your shop page so it pulls the correct taxes.
Megami,
Retired
Lotsofgoats wrote: 

Intner wrote: 
Go fly a malakite!

[Oct 22, 2008 5:33:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sonnea

Thank you Megami for all that work you did.

It seems not that easy to realize the translations into other languages.
I did all the translations in my spreadsheet, and everything works allright for me. But I don't own a tailor shop and there seems to be a problem with it. As I change the language, the rack price table does not work anymore. (it only shows #NV as result)
I'm not that crack in working with excel formulas, perhaps there is someone who can find a way to fix that problem.
Immer eine Handbreit Wasser unter dem Kiel, guten Wind und fette Beute
wünscht

Hibiskus
Prinzessin der Dark Shadows
Leitender Offizier der Lords of Darkness
[Oct 26, 2008 4:30:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://trixiehexe.de [Link]  Go to top 
Megami1

I'm pretty sure that it's because the rack pricer doesn't have any translations built into it. That's one of those projects i've not had the time to tackle. When you translate the colors elsewhere the rack pricer is still set to red and therefore doesn't have a corresponding "red" to pull the information from.
Megami,
Retired
Lotsofgoats wrote: 

Intner wrote: 
Go fly a malakite!

[Oct 26, 2008 4:51:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

Check the new version of Google Docs. That works brilliantly!
Windwench
Hags of the Wicked Winds, Cerulean
Collecting Hake & Hagfish
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HS on Viri:
Captain shouts, for heaven's sake, don't leave th :P
Jobber says, you don't hear that yelled too often
[Oct 26, 2008 6:37:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
annebunny

the tool is pulling down the tax for my distillery and my IMs, but not for my weavery or my apothecaries.

It did when I first started using it, but it isn't now.
Orrorin
SO, Blackwolf Marauders

[Nov 14, 2008 6:57:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
goku235689

Is there a nice big tutorial on the ins and outs of using the tool? Im pretty confused lol
[Nov 23, 2008 2:41:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
goku235689

hoy, having a bit of a problem with the tool. Basically in the distillery section when i put in a sell price for say red enamel, the advertised price of a red goblet changes, but when i put in a use price for the same red goblet, there is no price change. I have checked in the iron monger section and this doesnt happen. Whats up with it? and do you reckon i could just switch the column names from sell to use and vice versa??

ty,
Brainbeard
[Dec 7, 2008 7:02:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Spelunk

Using 7.1 Beta I seem to have a problem with the Rack Pricing tool being unable to display the rack cost for Mail Chainmail.
[Dec 29, 2008 6:29:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
daisydahling

Invaluable tool! Are the new colors (lemon, peach, light blue) being added soon?

Thanks!
Daisydahling
SO Pelagic Piraticus
Princess of The Swarm
[Apr 19, 2009 7:25:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Meridien

This is a great tool. Well done!

Just in the last couple of days though I've had problems. It seems only tax rates for cloth, enamel and labour are being uploaded. This gives me errors across most of my page. Is there a problem with the data source, or is it a local problem at my end?

Thanks
[May 31, 2009 8:41:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forevever

Just in the last couple of days though I've had problems. It seems only tax rates for cloth, enamel and labour are being uploaded. This gives me errors across most of my page. Is there a problem with the data source, or is it a local problem at my end?

Thanks

I'm also having this problem [cries]

please fix my shop tool and add new colors, pretty please, with cherries :D
Forevever and Foreverchaos
Cerulean and Meridian
[May 31, 2009 11:19:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    forevever [Link]  Go to top 
KingOfZeal

Thanks

I'm also having this problem [cries]

please fix my shop tool and add new colors, pretty please, with cherries :D

http://midnight.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/econ/taxrates.wm shows the tax rates (on midnight anyway, you can change it to any ocean if you'd like) which is where the spreadsheet gets its data, and http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=131428 was already brought up about it.

So no, it's not on your end. Something in the last update changed the tax rates page.
Yamorg, Captain and Navigator
Founder, Privately Funded Pirates Association©
Midnight Ocean

[14:37:38] Mystere says, "Those without a barnacle , please come aboard the Pretty Gar"

[Jun 1, 2009 4:41:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    KingOfZeal [Link]  Go to top 
Megami1

Shop Tool Update:

I have received several emails and when I finally came around to check the PMs I noticed i had a box full of them asking if I was going to be updating the shop tool with new colors and such.

I have retired from YPP about year ago. My last update was made after my retirement. I do not plan to make any more updates to the shop tool at this time.

If someone is interested in taking over the maintenance on the shop tool, let me just say this. You MUST be an advanced Excel user to even attempt this. The formulas and sheets are very complex to the point that one little boo boo will break quite a few things. I am available via email to help with questions should someone want to attempt this update, but I do not have the time nor the will to keep up with such a massive undertaking for a game that I no longer play.

I am however, willing to continue to host the new tools as they are updated. This will keep the download update feature in tact and no one will have to change it. So if you wanna try it, let me know.

Thank you to everyone who helped and used the shop tool and gave all your valuable feedback on it. I'm really glad to have been a part of the Shop Tool for the time that I was.
Megami,
Retired
Lotsofgoats wrote: 

Intner wrote: 
Go fly a malakite!

[Jun 4, 2009 6:34:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
false_dmitri

Thanks for keeping it going! It's a great resource. Hopefully someone else will come along sooner or later.
On hiatus. :(
[Jun 6, 2009 4:24:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KingOfZeal

Since Faulkston just updated the other shop tool sheet (or the thread was posted in recently, anyway), I feel the need to mention something here:

I do love this spreadsheet, and I am able to understand all the features and formulas to the point of being able to expand the sheets when necessary.

And on that note, I'm thinking of picking up development of the spreadsheet.

I think I know what's missing (lemon, peach, light blue, persimmon stuff), but anything that doesn't effect apothecaries or weaves I don't pay attention to since those are the only shops I own/manage. Or at the very least, I can remove all the personal enhancements I made to those sheets and just update those. Anyone else interested in helping with the rest, maybe? I may or may not have time while I'm in school.
Yamorg, Captain and Navigator
Founder, Privately Funded Pirates Association©
Midnight Ocean

[14:37:38] Mystere says, "Those without a barnacle , please come aboard the Pretty Gar"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by KingOfZeal at Aug 8, 2009 4:54:35 PM]
[Aug 8, 2009 4:54:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    KingOfZeal [Link]  Go to top 
mulsker

i just started adding all the new stuff to the tool...i only did the weaver and apo for now but will try do all of them. i donno if i can update it but i will give it a try.
[Aug 9, 2009 3:36:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mulsker

only need to update the furnish and tailor now...but it mide take som time as i have to reorder the whole furnish becorse pp made a new buy tab and movet around with all the furnish
[Aug 9, 2009 9:23:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Davaca

Is this tool going to support Jade Ocean?

Otherwise, how can I manually add jade's taxes to the spreadsheet?

Thanks
[Sep 6, 2009 12:03:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mulsker

i updated the tool now but i donno if its working or not...i never got the tax updating thingy to work right on my pc.

i just seen thers som new items in the furnish, and i just dont have the energy to add them in at this time
[Edit 1 times, last edit by mulsker at Oct 3, 2009 1:27:34 PM]
[Sep 24, 2009 8:11:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Marrt7

NEW VERSION 8.0 BETA NOW AVAILABLE at: http://yppshop.php0h.com/

I have completed the Beta for a new release 8.0 of the shop tool, adding the new oceans, colors and products, completing German and adding Spanish, making a bunch of enhancements, and fixing a number of bugs. The change log has been updated on the YPPedia page, and I will now update the main Shoptool page. Everything is done except some translations. I've been testing and it works great.

Please submit comments and bugs for the Beta by October 26. I plan to release the final 8.0 version by Halloween.

Looking into possible further enhancements for future version 8.1 to include lists of pre-mades, bid tickets, and commodities purchased by the owner/manager into assets, to improve valuation.

Still looking for contact info to prior developers so I can use the original web site, or point the automatic refresh to the new site.
-- Marrt
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Marrt7 at Oct 3, 2009 4:48:57 PM]
[Sep 27, 2009 9:12:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppshop.php0h.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Tremblane

Bug, v8.0b

Apothecary sheet
"Upper Limit" formulas (row 172) look at rows 140-171. They should use 99-171.

Example, cell AI172 should be "=MAX(AI99-AI171)"
Tremblane
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Tremblane at Oct 3, 2009 7:43:23 PM]
[Oct 3, 2009 7:42:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 373   Pages: 13   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates