• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 17
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3498 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
Hempline

The History of Midnight.

Ahoy, mates! This be yer friendly neighborhood Hempline, here. I jest wished ta tell everyone that the project of charting and writing up stories, legends and histories of Puzzle Pirates be marchin along steadily. However, I will unfortunately be not playin the game after Wednesday, July 28, 2004; me subscription ends then. quite simply, I donna have the money to play the game, and the time I spend on it could easily be used to get a part-time job on the side of my per-diem. However! Jest because I be not in the games doesn'a mean I wont' be writin what I've found in my travels!
The point of this be, if ye'd like a story to make itself known, I'd suggest seekin' me out either usin PMs or in the game before I leave. After that, those wonderful tales'll be lost to me. So, now be yer chance to be placed in the History o' Midnight! But only until July 28th.

-Hempline
Navigator of the Nameless Corsairs and Self-styled Explorer
----------------------------------------
Hempline
Forever a Nameless Corsair
Island Designer
Hermit

omg welcum bak hmeplien we mist u

-Eurydice
[Jul 8, 2004 6:37:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rappak

Re: The History of Midnight.

What kind of stories are you looking for? Story of a character's history? A story of one wild night? A series of events that happened? More details please!
Rappak, memmer of the oceans.

Rappak- Ex-king of Something Powerful (Cobalt)/ex-Lord of Indestructible Fury, a caged free-bird forever.
Rappak- Officer in Easily Distracted (Midnight)/Mem helper in CT/Where am I?
[Jul 8, 2004 7:27:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hempline

mainly the history of the islands. any tales tied up with them. perhaps the grand blockades that have happened so far, as I have not been in several of them. That type.
Hempline
Island Designer
Hermit

-Eurydice
[Jul 9, 2004 1:25:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
funnybones

Well, there was the Winter Solctice blockade, that is the one I know the story behind the most. There was quite an uproar led by Mr. Hogwash, that would need to be included says I, I am a bit sorry I was absent.
The Dread Pirates Robinson & Barthes, LLC

The poor complain; they always do. But that's just idle chatter.
Our system brings rewards to all. At least, to all who matter.

[Jul 21, 2004 1:59:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monkeyvine

As I was strolling along the shores of the Isle of Oyster, I came upon this ghostly figure. At first I thought it was Shuranthae himself. Being the quizzical person I am, I approached this figure rather timidly. As I neared, I noticed his name was familiar, but wait there were some letters missing or I would have sworn that he was an old friendly hearty of mine. My hearty Hempline would not be seen about the isles wearing rags, or with such a down trodden demeanor. So I immediately knew this could not be me hearty. However, there was something very familiar about this mate. I inquired of the old mate asking why he was quivering so. He replied: "Me skin has turned white; white as Shuranthae himself!" I agreed with him. The longer we spoke the more transparent he was becoming. I questioned him as to his name and where he had been and our conversation carried on as follows: "Gone I've been fer quite a while, traversin' the ocean..." "O Horror!" "O, dark blasphemy that hung upon the tongues of our piratical ancestors!" He had a crazed look to his eye. At this point I knew I had to do something quickly. The only thing I could do was to slap him soundly a few times, thinking I could bring him back to his senses. He blinked and stood still, then he his head started to shake and slowly he responded, "thankees mate.? That seemed to calm him down a bit. His story continued, "Jes... the things I've seen, it be quite a bit." Tariff says, "aye, things change quickly around here"

The crazed old man ranted about misplacing his books, pictures, stories. He explained he was trying to re-trace his footsteps. He apologized for not being able to protect Chaparral. After that his speech began to slur and his ranting took an eerie turn. He spoke in bits, t?was hard to understand him. He rambled about having to ?save the ocean from the horrors of Uxmal.? He asked me to "Warn the populace that there be more!" A bit confused as to what this crazed man wanted of me, I questioned his rantings about Uxmal. He simply responded,? Simply warn them that Uxmal be not safe, not in the least.? I started to turn to walk away. Fear was building in me innards. He abruptly stopped me, I turned to glance at him again, he was fading quickly, he stated: There's more, I know there be... what be it...?! There be a tie to the destruction o' Ruby... I know it!... I have it in my notes... I must find them again!. He took a breath. I wanted to run, you could tell that his personality was digressing with each passing moment, there was something dark about this mate, it was very dark, hideous, and scary, it was as if there was a deep, dark gaping hole in him, you could feel the hollow breath of death?s wind issuing from him. He reminded me that I need to be brave and to share this message. As I turned again, he was able to muster the following final words before he disappeared: "Beware brave captain; do not sail your crew near that accursed isle." I questioned him again, simply stating, ?why is Uxmal so unsafe.? He replied, "Warn Ajani... the poor lost mate wishes to colonize the isle. This is all I remember at this point... even my memories, that steel trap I used to call my mind, is failing me! He was such a nice mate... had a place within me blessed flag for a while. Woe be unto him, if he takes that isle!"

As he turned to walk away, I quietly asked if he was a relation to Hempline, he said he was. He bid me farewell and a good night. He stated in a much quieter tone, "I, on the other hand, sleep with eyes open now." And he thanked me again concluding the conversation with, "A fine mate ye be, to hear the ramblins' of a half-mad explorer."

Now mates, I am unaware of the events that he speaks of. But being warned and asked to warn others of the dangers at Uxmal, I was obliged to pass this on. I am sure the ghost will reappear for he is searching for something dear.
[Oct 1, 2004 12:16:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    spiffie53005@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
Dementia

Hee.
- Ajani, Into the Sunset

Ryhison tells you, "i hate u u are a evil little man that tourtures little animals"
[Oct 2, 2004 12:03:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    LifeAheadofYou [Link]  Go to top 
Markoman

Tariff went up 20 points on the coolness scale.

I believe that puts her above Ultimate...
Markozeta
[Oct 2, 2004 12:05:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.Mersenne.org    Markozetaman [Link]  Go to top 
altmerman55

[size=10]Sheo says, "We're duking it out after this"
Peax says, "With great pleasure."
Feegle says, "You guys DO know that it's the arguing, and not the poe or blood, that convinces me to come along on your pillages, right?"

[Oct 2, 2004 12:21:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Sheo55 [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

You forgot to add (Postcount ++)

(Postcount ++)

(Time Wasted ++)

What Pip tried to do was something totally unprecedent. He, in some strange way, used Midnight as a test server, without him even knowing. [Crap, it sucks I was not online when he did that :'(... pfft, anyways]

Like a bad penny.
[Oct 2, 2004 2:41:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
altmerman55

Piplicus_BNO wrote: 
You forgot to add (Postcount ++)

(Postcount ++)

(Time Wasted ++)

Indeed.

Postcount ++
Feegle says, "You guys DO know that it's the arguing, and not the poe or blood, that convinces me to come along on your pillages, right?"

[Oct 2, 2004 3:02:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Sheo55 [Link]  Go to top 
Yunafied

Nice choice, Aj
Out of the trap.
[Oct 3, 2004 4:02:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dementia

A little haunting never hurt anyone.
- Ajani, Into the Sunset

Ryhison tells you, "i hate u u are a evil little man that tourtures little animals"
[Oct 3, 2004 4:12:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    LifeAheadofYou [Link]  Go to top 
Yunafied

What about that puppy we used to have?
Out of the trap.
[Oct 3, 2004 4:14:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dementia

That was demonic possesion, not haunting. There's a difference love.
- Ajani, Into the Sunset

[Oct 3, 2004 4:16:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    LifeAheadofYou [Link]  Go to top 
altmerman55

The things that go on with you people!

/me grumbles.

[Oct 3, 2004 6:32:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Sheo55 [Link]  Go to top 
Hempline

Death and destruction has come to our ocean. This be the month that makes the dead arise; terrible things will haen to all. Byrne is already under attack! Skellitons are returning to their old haunts, even though it is in broad sight of the living. Some of the stronger irates in the ocean are feeling this disturbance... even some have had something haen to them. All must brace themselves for the coming force... waves of zombies and skellies will flood the ocean with their evil.

The horrors are coming! Beware the evil enchantments they lace uon you!

My books are still unfound, though I search deserately for them, and so my notes stay beyond my reach. I must continue searching! lease, search for me on the islands and I shall tell you more...
Hempline
Island Designer
Hermit

-Eurydice
[Oct 4, 2004 2:17:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ianswoody

My God! They've taken the "p's!" Run! Run for your lives!

- umpernickel, Official Fonzie of the Looterati

AYYYYYYY!!!
Pumpernickel, Captain - Kamikaze Guppies, Prince & Official Fonzie of the Looterati

Ruby:... AYYYYYYY!!!
[Oct 4, 2004 6:39:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.omahype.com    Atwood333 [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates