• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 83
Posts: 83   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 47586 times and has 82 replies Next Thread
Apollo
OceanMaster

[Entry thread] PUZZLE PIRATES WEEKLY Valentine's edition.

This is the entry thread for the PUZZLE PIRATES WEEKLY Valentine's contest. This thread is only for contest entries; any discussion or questions should be posted in the main event thread.

Include in your entry:
--Pirate name and ocean
--Type of publication item
-- Prize preference order
-- Your entry, or link to entry
-- Any additional information required for your entry

Good luck!
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Apollo at Jan 17, 2009 5:41:00 PM]
[Jan 17, 2009 5:06:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

Re: [Entry thread] PUZZLE PIRATES WEEKLY Valentine's edition.

Adrielle of Viridian;
This is a travel article.
Prize preference: The order listed in the contest post =)

Here's my attempt:

Travel

This Valentine's Day - Why not visit an
Exciting and Romantic Retreat?

Avast, me hearties! When planning yer next romantic Valentine's Day holiday, why not go somewhere exotic and completely different? If ye have a sense of adventure, and like the outdoors, why not visit the famous Cursed Isles? Sure, it might be infested with zombies and cultists, and ye may or may not live to tell the tale, but what is a holiday without a little excitement?

The picturesque holiday destination of the Cursed Isle

For thousands o' years, these little known islands have been evolving their picturesque landscapes, which make perfect backdrops for a romantic holiday. Visitors to the islands are often amazed at the tranquility of the Cursed Isles; With their rustic villages and unexplored jungles, these islands be the perfect place for yer Valentine's Day escape. On the other hand, if yer not the 'relaxing and lazing about' kind o' pirate, there be plenty o' activities and exciting things to do on yer Cursed Isles holiday!

Transport: Travel to this amazing holiday destination via express sloop voyage. Marvel at the magical green fog (but try not to inhale it). Ye may have to work whilst on board, but once ye reach the island, ye can sit back, relax, and take in the crisp sea air and the smell of rotting zombie flesh (that is, ye can relax in-between the frequent and vicious attacks from locals, during which ye will have to fight for yer lives).

Activities: Immerse yerself in the tribal cultist culture! Swordfight and rumble to stay alive! Listen to the chants and rhymes of the local poets! Marvel at the creativity of local mask artisans! Enjoy walks through the cursed jungle (but mind the snakes, and do not touch the red flowers; both will kill ye)! Day trips to the cursed volcano can also be arranged, and give intrepid travellers the chance to get up-close and personal with a million tonnes of swirling, boiling lava!

A glimpse of the rugged jungles of the Cursed Isles

Shopping: For all those shop-a-holic pirates out there, the Cursed Isles is the perfect holiday destination for ye! Shop for souveneirs, including famous Cursed Effigy dolls - no one should be without one, and these make the perfect gift for that special lad or lass in yer life.

Food: Enjoy a romantic and candle-lit canibalistic cultist culinary cuisine dinner, as well as pineapples, pineapples, pineapples! And some coconuts... Just do not eat the green stuff. Trust me. Just do not do it.

Accommodation: On-island accommodation is incredibly affordable, and offers visitors the chance to stay among the rustic surrounds of the cultist village. Fall asleep to the soothing sounds of zombie moans in yer very own private beach shack!

One of the comfortable Cursed Isle shacks, available to visitors

People: The local people have vibrant and enthusiastic personalities, and will almost certainly try to kill or maim ye on arrival, but this is all part of the amazing and unforgettable experience of visiting the Cursed Isles!

Make your Valentine's Day holiday special this year by visiting the Cursed Isles! Your lad or lass will thank ye! As a special bonus offer to our readers, mention this article to recieve a 10% discount on yer holiday. Bookings can be made through Cursed Isles Tourism Co. Book today!
~~~ Adrielle, Ezzleart and Enfyz ~~~
... (& @AmazinAdrielle on Twitter) ...
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ezmerelda_M at Jan 18, 2009 1:06:25 AM]
[Jan 18, 2009 12:58:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Somnolent

Octopi Need Love Too!

--ANESTHYL, Hunter Ocean.
--Artwork
-- Prize Order as shown.
-- Linky

"Ye've been logged off due to insanity!"

[Edit 8 times, last edit by Somnolent at Jan 31, 2009 6:14:35 PM]
[Jan 18, 2009 4:51:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CapnKkatz

Name: Greylady of Malachite
Item: Top Ten List

My entry is a pictorial representation of the "Top Ten Reasons Why Pirate Men Fall In Love". I hope ye all enjoy the countdown! Here are the thumbnails (text not too legible at this size), or see below for link to full-sized images or slideshow.

Here is the text, in case you have difficulty reading the list:

Top Ten Reasons Why Pirate Men Fall in Love

10. She smells better than the fish.
9. She thinks bald is beautiful.
8. She knows which way to go.
7. She lets him b-nav.
6. She doesn't laugh when he runs into rocks.
5. She sees eye to eye with him.
4. She does ANYTHING to fix ship damage.
3. Her booty is HUGE!
2. She lets him share her familiar.
1. Her hook caught his heart.

Please click here for the full-sized images, or click here for a full-sized slide show.

Prize preference order:
The Prize Flapper Package
A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words Package
The Love Boat Package
The Heart Is Where The Home Is Package
Other Deliciousness
Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

"In a courtroom, it is not the loudest voice that prevails...it's the Constitution." WA AG
[Edit 2 times, last edit by CapnKkatz at Jan 23, 2009 8:04:30 AM]
[Jan 18, 2009 6:20:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
_Malorie_

Name: Malorie
Ocean: Viridian
Item: Fashion
Prize Preference:
1.The Prize Flapper Package
2.The Love Boat Package
3.The Heart Is Where The Home Is Package
4.A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words Package
5.Other Deliciousness
References
Images from Puzzle Pirates were used to make the color palette image. Quid Pro Clothes was used to create the models.

Piratey Attire

Lonely wench looking for that special someone? Lad can't decide what to get his lass? Ye will most definitely need a new outfit in Valentine's Day fashions! But what in the seven seas is a Valentine's Day outfit? We knew that only Malorie would have our answers. "This year is going to be a little different than before, but Mal will save you from your fashion woes," she said.

Color Palette
Color is very important to an outfit as color is a symbol of the holiday of love. This year, with the addition of lovely magenta and rose, ye will have quite a selection of colors.

Colors, in order from left to right: Red, Magenta, Pink, Rose, White

"All of these colors are ravishing, but don't get carried away," says Malorie. Here is her list of do's and dont's:

-DO wear red/red
-DON'T wear white/white
-DO wear magenta/rose (lovely combo)
-DON'T pair a color on the list with a color that isn't on the list

Clothing
The garments are the most important part of the outfit, of course, so ye need to be very careful when picking out yer attire. Visit a tailor shoppe in yer archipelago, or visit some tailoring stalls that have a rack so ye can try the attire on before buying it.

Female
There are several choices for a wench to wear, from fancy to shabby. The classic corset and gown combo, paired with a romantic laurel and fancy boots, will make her feel like a million PoE. For a daring twist, try a midriff blouse with scarf instead of a corset.

Pictured here be the lass wearing a laurel, corset, gown, and fancy boots.

Would she rather not wear a skirt? A tabard, flare pants, wide-brimmed hat, and fancy boots will suit her well. Or maybe she'd like a scarf, midriff blouse with scarf, stripy knickers, and fancy boots. Fancy boots are quite classy, and a lass will want a pair for most of her outfits.

The lass is wearing a scarf, midriff blouse with scarf, stripy knickers, and fancy boots.

For a lad who enjoys his lass dressed in a more simple way, he can buy her a feathered hat, shirt with belt, short dress bottom, and boots.

Male
This Valentine's Day, a lad can look dashing if he chooses one of the following fashions.

There is often heated discussion between wenches about the belt with bracers top. Some argue that it is both attractive and useful, but others claim it is unsightly, even repulsive. If ye like it, wear it with a captain's hat, loose pants with sash, and fancy boots.

A lad clothed in a captain's hat, belt with bracers, loose pants with sash, and fancy boots.

If ye don't fancy that top, another dressing will be right. To make a bold statement, a lad could wear a bandana, striped shirt, kilt, and boots with gaiters. For a formal look, he may try a musketeer hat, captain's jacket, pants, and fancy boots.

This lad is wearing a musketeer hat, captain's jacket, pants, and fancy boots.

Confidence
Ye know that million PoE feeling ye get when ye deliver a new outfit from the tailor? When ye get yer new Valentine's Day dressings, ye will feel even more happy and confident than usual! Confidence is just what ye need to find that special someone. Ye will be noticed not by yer attire but by yer lovely personality-although fashionable clothing never hurt anyone!

[<3] Malorie [<3]
SO of The Rum Rockets, crew #20 :]
Member of The Gods of Rum, flag #21
Soon to be owner of the Unstable Mullet! [although this has no real importance, except to me!]

[Edit 5 times, last edit by _Malorie_ at Jan 20, 2009 4:08:29 PM]
[Jan 19, 2009 5:57:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ceary

Name and Ocean: Ceary on Hunter Ocean
Publication item: poem
Prize order listed on main event thread is fine

Delighted

In the heart, true and dear love arouses,
Roses and chocolates delight the senses,
Songs, melodies cause a tingle to the ears,
Doves with ribbons coo as the wind gently blows.

When the winter's coldest chill comes,
Lovers snuggle close together, warming each other,
The gentleman gives his affection to the one lady true to his heart,
A lady of sweetness and inner beauty.

Even the toughest of men and women, adventurers at heart,
On this day must show their heart's desires,
Affection and love,
As it is Valentine's Day.
Ceary of Hunter Ocean!

Ceary on all oceans!

[Jan 20, 2009 6:04:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/ceary    Spazztasticgirl    Spazztasticgirl1 [Link]  Go to top 
o0Roxy0o

Name: Roxeh
Ocean: Malachite
Type: Poems
Prize Order:
The Love Boat Package
Other Deliciousness

Puzzle Pirates - Valentines Addition
For The Broken Hearted.

Heraar be some subscribers who be sending us poems for the broken hearted. But try make the best of Valentines Day. Don't be sad.

Forget Him

Forget his name.
Forget his face.
Forget his kiss and warm embrace.
Forget the love that you once knew.
Remeber now, there's someone new.
Forget the love that you once shared.
Forget the fact that he once cared.
Forget the time you spent together.
Remember now, it's gone forever.
Forget him when he played your song.
Forget you cried the whole night long.
Forget how close you once were.
Remember now, he's chosen her.
Forget his gentle, teasing way.
Forget you saw him the other day.
Forget the things he used to do.
Remember now, she loves him too.
Forget the times when he walked by.
Forget the times he held you tight.
Forget the times he made you cry.
Remember how he never mentioned why?
Forget him or you never will.
Because you know you love him...still...

Writing Love

Everyone writes a love poem
To show what they know
It's all a bunch of foam
To envy and show

Love in indescribable
When you feel so wonderful inside
You're balancing on a cable
And your worries have all died

Lose your mind to feeling
Feel your body soar
Your body's now just reeling
You wont be ignored anymore

Feel his hand on your arm
His breath on your skin
Chuck out that old good-luck charm
Lose yourself to sin

Night after your drowsy
Can't find your prince
That prince was rather lousy
'So much for his promises' you wince

So your lover was a rat
What else is new?
At least you can find a bat
And beat him black and blue.

Just Friends

You're so close, our fingers brush.
I'm craving more; it's not enough.
I curl my hands into hard fists
And wonder if there's more to this.

My mind tells me the painful truth:
There's you. There's me. Not me and you.
But here's my heart, feeding me lies,
And telling me it's worth a try.

Sometimes, I look up and you're there.
It's like you know me, like you care.
Sometimes, I catch you smiling, beaming.
I pinch myself; I must be dreaming.

These thoughts of you -- they never end.
"Just friends," I have to say. "Just friends."
When people point out how I feel,
I brush it off like it's not real.

I might be asking for too much.
But this friendship -- it's not enough.
Here's the truth, from start to end:
I don't want to be just friends.

-------------------------------------
All entries were writen by me except 1.
Roxeh - Malachite

If Practice Makes Perfect,
And Nobody's Perfect,
Then Why Practice?

[Edit 1 times, last edit by o0Roxy0o at Jan 20, 2009 6:31:53 AM]
[Jan 20, 2009 6:30:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
antisilence

Name - Linnyani
Ocean - Sage
Publication type - Horoscope

Prize preference order -

The Love Boat Package
Other Deliciousness

Aquarius - January 20th - February 18th

Love is in the air! Your stubborn trait pays off and that first mate you've been looking for will find they are unable to resist your charms. The sea is your domain this month as the stars align to light your way. Scurvy sea dogs will fall to the might of your cannons and booty will rain down from the sky. Now is the time to show the world the colour of your sails and the blade of your sword. A friend reveals their true nature and may present you with pink orchids this valentines day.

Pisces - February 19th - March 20th

Neptune still shows you favour this month Pisces and while you may not have the golden glory reserved for Aquarians you still know how to throw a good punch. Be wary of goals left undone as they may lead to your downfall. A good brawl with a Capricorn will reap much booty. In love, a shared mug of rum will prove to be beneficial. A large bunch of daisies will find favour with the gods on valentines day.

Aries - March 21st - April 19th

As the first of the fire signs you show the wrath of your anger to many skellies and zombies this month. The blockade boards will fear you and when caution is also applied many islands will be yours. Be careful not to let your mouth run away with you too much or you may find yourself with a blade buried in your gut. In love, your heart will follow someone aboard a longship. Carry with you a teddy bear and give away a single blue rose to bring you luck on valentines day.

Taurus - April 20th - May 20th

Your thoughtful nature will reap amazing benefits this month and people will seek out your insight for many a battle. Your occasionally resentful side will rear its ugly head so beware as it may land you in a cutter with no cannons. Generosities to your friends prove to be rewarding but watch out for a Libra who has a secret agenda. In love, an uncommon map will point the way to your true mate. A single purple orchid will look good on you this valentines day.

Gemini - May 21st - June 20th

As usual you're restless this month Gemini. Do not despair though, a good dose of rum and you'll be right as rain. Others may try to take advantage of your inquisitive nature so caution is advised. Your ability to multitask will award you with a many a new trophy this month and if you hone your abilities you may find yourself the owner of a rare prize. In love, a pirate you have known for a while reveals long hidden feelings so why not buy them a ring and some chocolates on valentines day.

Cancer - June 22nd - July 22nd

As the Karkinos scuttles towards the sand so shall ye. A new island awaits ye this month and with it, new unseen riches. Your shrewd nature will win ye a lot of golden booty and help you to beat many foes. Combine your home-loving and imaginative nature to create a beautiful house that will instil awe in your fellow pirates. In love, get set to have your heart burst with joy. A good box of chocolates will show the one you love how you feel on valentines day.

Leo - July 23rd - August 22nd

Now is not the time for you to be bossy and if you continue then you may face the cannons of a lot of ships. Your dramatic side will win out this month and many of your fellow pirates may not like it. Lay low for now Leo and ye may live to fight another day. Using your creativity instead of your sword and ye could open new avenues to be explored. In love, a partnership with an Aries may lead you to an everlasting companion. Blue roses and chocolates will really help you express yourself on valentines day.

Virgo - August 23rd - September 22nd

Unlike most pirates you actually use soap and bathe which will keep you fit for the fight up ahead. While others will fall over from scurvy you will prevail and conquer. As a perfectionist you may find the clutter of others to be a bore this month but knowing you, they won't be cluttered for long. In love, A Taurus captures your heart with their large wardrobe. Pink roses and a new pink outfit are your tickets to happiness this valentines day.

Libra - September 23rd - October 23rd

Sociable and easy going you will be the centre of attention at parties. Friends know they can trust you and you'll make a lot of new friends this month. As always, someone will try to take advantage, but a quick insta from your sword will put things right. Poe is short right now so a firm and saying no to that pink hat may be the best course of action. A good pillage should replenish your purse if you use that logical mind of yours. In love, another Libra will make you smile with flirty jokes. This valentines day should bring wonderful flowers from others.

Scorpio - October 24th - November 22nd

Now is the time to seek revenge on all who have hurt you Scorpio. Ready your ships and fill your cannons for this month you will scare even the waves. Atlantis is an excellent place for you to be right now and partnering up with an Aries will double your might. Your controlling nature may cause a few arguments though so make sure your blade is sharp and your bottle is broken just right. In love, your passionate side will create sparks with a Taurus. Treat your loved ones to some chocolates on valentines day and enjoy their smiles.

Sagittarius - November 23rd - December 21st

Freedom shall be yours as this is a time for you to cast off the shackles and go your own way. Your honesty will get you far but your blind optimism may pull you back a bit. Use your adventurous side this month to take to the seas and conquer Atlantis. If you apply your intelligence and devotion to whatever you choose to do then a rare prize may find its way to you. Do not forget your roots Sagittarius try buying that old salt a drink. In love, a pirate who shares your love of blockading is the one for you. Maroon roses are just what you will need on valentines day to feel loved.

Capricorn - December 22nd - January 19th

Do not be too hard on yourself Capricorn. You have a lot more going for you then you realise. Others can see just how honest and hard-working you really are. If you apply these good traits to crafting then prizes await you. A good forage every now and then wouldn't go amiss too. If you feel like helping others then a greeter pillage is just what you need to do. You love to teach others and you are a very good teacher. Treat yourself and buy that new outfit, gold and maroon will look good on you. In love, another earth sign is a good match for you and you will find one on the docks. Some maroon orchids will really match that new outit on valentines day.

Thankyou to Wokbok for allowing me use of his pirate in the picture.

Edited to be a little more smoochy.
Aeval - Malachite
Linnyani - Hunter (back and kicking bottom)

Piplicus says, "I heard whenever Emerson sings, all cats and dogs die anyway

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/SchwaWarrior/YPP/Card_Linnyani.png
[Edit 2 times, last edit by antisilence at Jan 21, 2009 1:10:50 AM]
[Jan 20, 2009 1:51:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
senorita_esp

--Pirate name and ocean- Chocorose of Cobalt
--Type of publication item- Shopping/Fashion
-- Prize preference order- The Prize Flapper Package, The Love Boat Package, A Picture Is Worth 1,000 Words Package, The Heart Is Where the Home Is Package, Other Deliciousness
-- Your entry, or link to entry-

-- Any additional information required for your entry- Original images from Quid Pro Clothes
Chocorose of Cerulean:
Not too cute to be a pirate.
Current avatar by Salmon

I collect avatars
[Jan 20, 2009 3:35:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ikketje

For those puzzlers amongst us pirates:

For the online puzzlers amongst us pirates: The crossword can be solved here. In a bit a different format, but the 20 words and clues are the same.

Prize preference: The Prize Flapper Package, The Love Boat Package, A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words Package, The Heart Is Where the Home Is Package, Other Deliciousness

Other necessary details: see signature.

Edit: small typo in the "clues"-section
Ikke on Meridian and Emerald
Veerle on Cerulean

~Avatar by Velternal
[Edit 1 times, last edit by ikketje at Jan 20, 2009 8:28:34 PM]
[Jan 20, 2009 8:11:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zinop

Name: Zinop
Ocean: Viridian
Item: Shopping
Prize Preference:
1.The Prize Flapper Package
2.The Love Boat Package
3.The Heart Is Where The Home Is Package
4.A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words Package
5.Other Deliciousness

Valentine Day already soon then you must buy a gift, but you mustn't search beacuse...

In Valentine 2009 Palace Shoppe offer...

Special Valentine's Card!

[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/6809/trinketgreetingcardnj3.png[/IMG][/URL]

and when you open this cards you see a piece of paper:
http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wierszet9.png
(this text it is only example)

There you can write a letter or poem for your love.

It's a special card, for special person and SPECIAL PRICE!

ONLY:
2k and 2 dubs!

Today go to pillage and earn some money for this card!
[Jan 21, 2009 6:37:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
plopgeit

Pirate name and ocean: Enteraname of Sage

Type of publication item: Product review

Prize preference order:
The Love Boat Package
Other Deliciousness

Product review

As in every edition we're going to review a product. This week we're going to do that on a special way. We're going to do a test to see whether the product works or not. This weekly's review will be a product fitting in the theme of Valentine's day: Rose goddess perfume.
This product promises female pirates to attract the best and richest male pirates.
But is this true? Or is it just nothing but lies? And does it really attract all of them in a range of 20 metres? We searched for a random female pirate to find out.

The test:

What is a better place to search for some rich and great pirates than the estates of Admiral island? We found one random female pirate, gave her the perfume and asked her to to spray some perfume around. Now, all we had to do was waiting for some male pirates to arrive and see what happens.

Only four minutes after our testing person sprayed the perfume two male pirates arrived. One atlantis addict followed by his karkinos wearing his blue with atlantean clothes, and the other, a poker addict wearing his gold with navy clothes, and being followed by his lucky charm: a golden cat. This is going to be the moment of truth. Does the product work as promised? We're about to find out!

Yes, it's true! Only 2 minutes after they arrived, they smelled the perfume, and got immediately attracted to the female pirate with the perfume. Both pirates even followed her to the Villas of Admiral island. The atlantis addict asked her to go along with him on an atlantis journey, while the poker addict asked her to play a friendly game of poker with him. Rumors now go around that our testing person has been spotted multiple times on several atlantis journeys and 20K-200K poker tables!

How to get this fantastic product?

That's very easy. All you need is a ship and a sword or a bludgeon. Set sail and make sure you intercept a Brigand King called "The Widow Queen". Stab her a few times with your sword, or give her some punches in the face with your bludgeon and then, maybe with some luck you'll receive your very own Rose Goddess Perfume. Perfect to give as a gift for Valentine if you're a male to your girlfriend (But watch out that she doesn't get an other one.)
Or even better to keep as a female!

Rating:

Our testing panel has given this product a rating of **** stars, which means that this is an awesome product!! If you want to give your valentine a great gift, you should definitely get her an own rose goddess perfume.

Conclusion:

The rose goddess perfume definitely is a good gift to give to your valentine.
For this review, we have put all the advantages and disadvantages underneath.

Advantages
-It really works!
-You won't smell anymore
-It hasn't been tested on animals

Disadvantages
- For the males: Watch your girlfriend!
- Not only the rich and best pirates will be attracted, greenies will also be attracted by the smell of the perfume.

Edit 1: The screen shots didn't work, and I had to fix some of my grammar
Edit 2: Some question marks sneaked in, and I fixed the quality of the third screen shot
Edit 3: I fixed some last things, let's hope that this was my final edit

Enteraname of Sage.
Senior Officer of Poseidon's Tricorne.
Now available in recorded version.
[Edit 3 times, last edit by plopgeit at Jan 21, 2009 7:43:44 AM]
[Jan 21, 2009 6:55:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gary789

Attract, Hunter Ocean.
Story.
As mentioned in Post.

Love Can Happen

The dock was empty that evening. Even as the sun degraded into the smallest light and appeared to sink gracefully into the sea. The breeze blew by and caught his hair. His hair danced gracefully in the evening breeze. He sat in a lazed position staring into the distant space slightly above the sea as night began to fall. As he stared he grinned because he knew. He knew that out there, somewhere, was someone who cared. Cared for him. Accepted him for who he was. Loved him, even.
He sighed as he stared and sluggishly rose to his feet. And wandered down in the dark. Alone.

He crossed the green grass which was camoflauged by the darkness of the night. He crossed the grass. Alone. He opened his door and entered into the light bursting out into the night alone. He lay on the sofa and watched T.v. Alone. He sighed and wished there was someone with him. To hold. To cuddle.

He stared into space and daydreamed of this fantasy untill he dozed off. He had many dreams of the perfect girl. She had shoulder length light brown hair danced in his hands as he stroked it. He almost felt the feeling in his hands. Her hazel eyes stared at him full of mystery. Who was she?

He reached out to hug her and as he closed his arms around her she disappeared and he woke on his sofa. Alone. He wandered around the city square and was pushed around by a crowd of people pushing this way and that, desperate to reach their destination. They were like huge tractors plpughing their way through. Thats when he caught a glimpse of her passing by.

He picked up speed towards her. He shoved and pushed and ploughed his way through untill he became within reach of her. He laid his hand on her shoulder and she turned. She smiled at him and she smiled back as if she somehow already knew him. And as if they did, they held hands immediately and walked down together. They were both united and walked away into the distance. Together forever in spirit and soul.

The End.
Attract on Hunter.
[Jan 21, 2009 8:42:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lookatthesky

Name: Amypie
Ocean: Hunter
Type of publication item: This is a Poem! :)
Prizes:
The Love Boat Package
Other Deliciousness

Wierd incounter

I see him walking over
The wind in his hair

I see him walking over
He doesn't even care

I see him walking over
With a smile on his face

I see him walking over
Now near where i'm placed

I see her walking over
Happily skipping along

I see her walking over
singing to herself a song

I see her walking over
coming near this way

I see her walking over
Shes here now what do i say?

I see her sitting next to him
Not noticing i'm here

I see her sitting next to him
whispering in his ear

I see him kissing her
painfully dying inside

I see her kissing him
Wanting to commit suicide

I don't realise i'm running
towards him and her

I don't realise i'm screaming
at him and her

I don't realise i'm pushing
the poor girl off the docks

I don't realise i'm hitting
the boy because i'm in shock

I know that i am sprinting
away from what i've just done

I know that i am laughing
because i found that quite fun
Dagnabbit, Hunter Ocean
Or
Antismells, :)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Lookatthesky at Jan 21, 2009 9:51:01 AM]
[Jan 21, 2009 9:43:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Livanna

Name - Livanna
Ocean - Sage
Publication - Poem
Prize preference -
The Love Boat Package
Other Deliciousness

My Loyal Pirate Friend
Love is such a strong word,
Yet commonly is it heard,
To describe a passion for someone,
Or a friendship that will never be undone.

You my loyal pirate friend,
My faith in you will never end.
For countless times have you declined,
Trading money to break our strong bind.

I see kinds just like me,
Parrots, Octopi and fellow monkeys.
They all look at us with an envious glare,
Jealous of the bond that we two share.

You my loyal Pirate friend,
Before I met you I was so alone,
But at last I have found my perfect home.

Who said dog was mans best mate?
My owner traded theirs for pieces of eight.
Yet here I still stay, unsold,
You say you?ll never trade me for any gold.

I thank you for everything you have done,
For the joy, adventure and all the fun.

As I sit in my tree waiting for you to appear,
Like a tiger waiting for prey to draw near,
It feels like time has almost slowed down,
For its feels that way when you are not around.

For a break in our connection is impossible,
And... oh barnacles, nothing good rhymes with impossible.
Livanna Of Emerald - Spying on your sales.
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Livanna at Jan 21, 2009 11:28:07 AM]
[Jan 21, 2009 11:22:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Treasurepig

Pirate: Treasurebun
Ocean: Viridian Ocean
Item: Advertisements or classifieds
Prize: 1. The Prize Flapper Package
2. The Heart Is Where The Home Is Package
3. The Love Boat Package
4. A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words Package
5. Other Deliciousness

http://s663.photobucket.com/albums/uu358/baobaozhu39/?action=view&current=Untitled.jpg

Fist time doing this. ummm hope the picture works >.<
TreasurePig on Viridian Ocean~
[Jan 21, 2009 4:02:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gemby

--Gemby...Hunter Ocean
--poem (haiku actually)
-- Prize preference order...default order is great

"Love by cannon-light"

Gunner. Death's Mistress.
My heart thunders her mantra...
powder...paper...steel...
Gemby on all Oceans
[Jan 21, 2009 8:42:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zacb1

Name and Ocean: Zacthedragon of the Cobalt Ocean
Type: Cover for magazine
Prize order:
1. The Prize Flapper Package
2. The Love Boat Package
3. A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words Package
4. The Heart Is Where The Home Is Package
5. Other Deliciousness

http://daringtechnology.com/zac/cover.jpg
Zacthedragon of Cerulean
Monarch of What The Falchion
[Jan 22, 2009 7:07:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Loosebones

Valentine shanties reviewed
Loosebones
Midnight

Wind O'er Wavelets (My Hearte's Rest)
Anya
Ah, where would the romantic tar, misty-eyes on the glitterin horizon, be without the melodies of Anya? Probably winnin more silver with firmer sword thrusts in melee, but ye can't tell 'em... The symphonic, seductive (syrupy, soporific) diva is back with another broodin epic. She delivers an auld-fashioned lament, in pathos-laden dialect, hung on a hauntingly atmospheric tune, with all her hallmarked moody tension. This may delight broad beamed oakum-fiddlin old maids and earnest youths clad in baggy breeches alike, but by cuddlin listeners up to its familiar bosom, it's chartin no new courses.

Queen Beth's Boys
The Brineland Navy Pipe Band
It's not clear how this martial swill got off the over-swabbed decks of Brineland's finest, but here it is - a ploddin shanty meant to raise the patriotic spirit of those parted from loved ones by Neptune's call. The tune is traditional, though in an irksome key, but the worst is in the lyrics. Even if Queen Beth were to spill a tsunami of compassion for the companions of her fleet's servants, it's hardly cause to gleefully break yer back and risk yer neck under her colours. Their author, fortunately hidden by the anonymity of uniform, must either have an imagination shallower than a punt's keel or a contempt for blue-jackets that out-does Admiral Finius. Flush this sop out with the bilge, say I!

Ballad of the Salty Dog
Long John Bone-Swinger
If ye don't know the scandalous yarns that made Bone-Swinger infamous amongst the ladies who work in taverns, ask yer parents. Gossip hounds for those periodicals read below deck may not be stalkin the sottish entertainer so closely these days, but he's hardly captain of the abstinence crew yet. This is a folk ditty, narratin the misadventures of the singer's trouser-familiar. It has some blues gravel, but it's mostly just simply blue. The verses jerk around an uninspirin in-out tempo, interrupted by a chorus of predictably coarse chanted slogans. One for old, unenlightened fans only.

Hoist Sail fer yer Mammy
Neusis
Ye're most likely bored of swabbies gushin about Neusis, but there's no denyin their tunes have been breakin both records and barriers. Here's a riotous jig that hits a fine-spiced ballad full broadside. It's catchy, but has an emotional depth measurable in fathoms. The ambiguity of the song's subject - mother, wife or homeland - only deepens the pity for the returning sailor. But that doesn't even matter when the tune dances over the scale like snake on a skillet to a rhythm that pulls you and yer dancin partner along like a gig behind a galleon, to leave ye both flush-cheeked and similin. This is right on the money, and bound for renown.
[Jan 22, 2009 7:42:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sharuka

--Pirate name and ocean: Sharuka, Midnight
--Type of publication item: Cover
-- Prize preference order:
The Love Boat Package
Other Deliciousness

Link to entry: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/Shariku/Whole_cover.jpg
Because parts may be hard to see from photo -
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/Shariku/Pt1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/Shariku/Pt2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/Shariku/Pt3.jpg

Additional info links:
Materials - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/Shariku/materials.jpg
In progress 1 - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/Shariku/In_progress1.jpg
In progress 2 - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/Shariku/In_progress.jpg
Folie Circulaire presents: Midnight Memmathon Madness!
Springheel wrote: 
Do you stroke little Ghandi?

[Jan 22, 2009 7:33:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HolySpirts

Pirate name: Sophine
Type: Poem
Prizelist as shown on entry thread.

As Valentines approaches fast,
All the pirates dont want to be last,
As they all gather round the burning fire,
They all find a partner to hire,

As they exchange their gifts,
Sitting on the cliffs,
The woman's eyes widen with happiness,
As the man's eyes close in sadness,

As valentines is a day of love & compassion,
The woman is greeted by the latest fashion,
As the light is dieing out,
They look all about,
And see the romantic sunset.
Sophine on Hunter. :).
[Edit 1 times, last edit by HolySpirts at Jan 23, 2009 1:18:46 AM]
[Jan 23, 2009 1:11:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pridejoy

Pirate: Bamatbois, Hunter

Item: Poem

Prize Preference: As posted

Rock Bottom
I watch the sun slowly set,
Sitting lonely on my deck,
I never should have done that bet,
For it wasn’t only my neck.

As night draws in around,
I pick up my phone,
For I’ve hit rough ground,
But I still love you.
The Ship Sunk!
Bamatbois says,"YAY! A Fish..."

Bamatbois on all Dubloon Oceans
[Jan 23, 2009 7:11:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rissi888

--Loveheart on the Hunter ocean
--Short story in screenies
--The Prize Flapper Package
The Love Boat Package
Other Deliciousness

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq4/Rissi888/?action=view&current=Ketchup.jpg[/img]
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq4/Rissi888/?action=view&current=chillisauce.jpg[/img]
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/qq4/Rissi888/?action=view&current=Mine.jpg[/img]
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/qq4/Rissi888/?action=view&current=Leapsman.jpg[/img]
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/qq4/Rissi888/?action=view&current=heyhotty.jpg[/img]
[http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/qq4/Rissi888/?action=view&current=omg.jpg[/img]
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/qq4/Rissi888/?action=view&current=amyandsavsmiling.jpg[/img]
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/qq4/Rissi888/?action=view&current=getsupset.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/qq4/Rissi888/?action=view&current=watswrong.jpg[/img]
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/qq4/Rissi888/?action=view&current=amystolehim.jpg[/img]
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/qq4/Rissi888/?action=view&current=terrible.jpg[/img]
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/qq4/Rissi888/?action=view&current=comforts.jpg[/img]
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/qq4/Rissi888/?action=view&current=love.jpg[/img]
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/qq4/Rissi888/?action=view&current=moral.jpg[/img]

I didnt no how to get the Images straight on here so sorry for the links
Loveheart and Rudey on the Hunter ocean xx

I love AmyLou <3
[Jan 23, 2009 12:36:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zika7

Name: Wish
Type of publication item: POEM! :D
Prizes:
The Love Boat Package
Other Deliciousness

My saviour

Looking in his eyes, oh so blue.
What do I say what do I do?
Shall I smile, and let him walk?
Or should I take the risk, and talk?

Now he has his girl by his side,
I feel like it, like I've died.
I hope she walks off, I don't want to see,
What will happen, what will be.

Now she's gone, we're all alone.
Shall I move in, when he's off the phone?
A hug, a kiss, or something more.
I'm biting my nails, right to the core.

Now he's staring, say something quick,
Oh my darling, my darling Nick.
Why can't I tell him, why won't it come out,
I'm going to do it, just let it shout.

He's closing the door, I need to act!
I love him so, that's a fact.
I'm moving in, I thought it through,
That's it, that's what I'm going to do.

Now it's over, he's staring, so blank,
Did he think of me, as a skank?
He's crying now, what have I done?
I done it wrong, I'm going to run.

Maybe some boy, will love me one day,
I thought of this, as I lay.
Hard ground, oh well, that's life,
My back in pain, I've been stabbed by a knife.

Wait, a boy, come for me?
Oh how much I'm filled with glee!
Now few years on, we're engaged, nearly wed,
Now I'm glad I'm not dead.

A lesson on life, never give up,
Don't just run home, and cuddle to pup.
You'll find him, some day you you will,
You'll know, when you get that chill.
"The mystery of who I am will never be revealed!" on Hunter Ocean.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Zika7 at Jan 23, 2009 1:13:36 PM]
[Jan 23, 2009 1:07:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Happyharlot

Happyharlot
Viridian

Fashion Article

Prize Flapper
A Home
Love Boat
Picture
Deliciousness

Page 1

Larger Image
Readable Text

Page 2

Larger Image
Readable Text

Page 3

Larger Image
Readable Text

Page 4

Larger Image
Readable Text

Wow, thanks for putting on another awesome contest, this was so fun to make! :)

*Edited 1/27
Cheers,
Happyharlot
Viridian and Ocean Wide, (Nanncy on Hunter)
Make a Playlist to Share with Your Fellow Pirates :)

[Edit 3 times, last edit by Happyharlot at Jan 27, 2009 7:46:52 PM]
[Jan 25, 2009 11:14:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AntiSmells

Story -
A tale of love on the high seas.

She stood silently at the docks and stared at the peaceful ocean. “Is there something better out there? “She thought but then sighed. “Probably not”.
“Bella! Get to work!” Miss Bright was calling at her. “Too bad her name doesn‘t match her personality,” Thought Bella to herself and walked to Miss Bright with a bucket of water.
“Good god child, would you have me wait all day for a glass of water?
“Sorry, Miss Bright,” Said Bella. She poured the water into a delicate glass and handed it to Miss Bright.
At that moment, Athelda, Miss Bright’s only daughter in a family with 6 sons, burst through the door, thoroughly out of breath.
“Mama,” she said. “You must come quickly! Zombies have been sighted sailing their cursed sloops to attack us and steal our treasures!”
Gathering her many skirts in her hands, Miss Bright sprinted as fast as her portly figure would allow her. She slammed into the front door, pushed it open and continues down to the docks, With Bella and Athelda close on her heels.
Sure enough, a large crowd had gathered around the docks of Acapulco Island to watch the zombies approach. Men were organising themselves into teams to fight the zombies and keep them from plundering the island. The ships came closer every minute of the time that passed. Sooner then anyone would have thought, the ships started shooting at the docks. Everyone rushed in panic. Bella lost the sight of Miss Bright and Athelda. She got frightened and ran to the woods before the Zombies would invade the docks. She ran as her fast as her skinny feet could carry her. All of the sudden she hit the ground. She rubbed her head and peered up. “I apologise, are you alright? “A stranger said with a worried sounding voice. “I‘ve been better, but thank you“. She answered and stood up. “Sorry about that, my name is Marcus. “ He said and smiled a quirky, crooked smile at her. “Bella. “ She answered. “You’re alone? “ He asked suspiciously. Bella wasn‘t sure if she could trust this charming stranger. “Depends. “. He smiled. “Sorry for being so mysterious and curious, we better keep going before we meet a zombie, lets go! “. She stood frozen for a while. “Should I trust him? “. Came up in her mind. There was no time for a tea break, so she went for it and ran after him into the woods...
They stopped to catch their breath. Bella looked at Marcus. He was handsome with brown hair that went in his eyes and a smile that could break even the most cold hearted person. His eyes caught most of her attention though. Those deep blue eyes made her feel safe and not as alone like she had felt quite a lot when she had worked for Miss Bright.
“Run Bella! RUN! “She heard Marcus shout loudly. She started running but slipped on a stone and fell to the ground. The last thing she heard was Marcus shouting her name.
A mouse ran over the floor. Bella rubbed her head and sighed. “What is this place? “ She thought and coughed from the bad smell. She looked around and saw another girl lying on the floor. Crying. “Excuse me, but are you okay? “ Bella whispered. The girl looked up and obviously didn‘t know if the question was pointed at her. “Who, me? “ She said with a hicking voice. “They took my sister away from me, and I was supposed to take care of her“. She said and started crying again. Bella crawled to her and hugged her. “Why don‘t I cry over losing Miss Bright and Athelda? “ Bella thought to herself while she dried the girl’s tears away gently. “What‘s your name honey? “ Bella asked, hoping to stop her crying. “My name is Rebecca, but everyone call me Becky“Answered Becky with a soft voice. She was breathing slower then before and fell asleep in Bella‘s arms. That‘s when Bella figured.. Where was Marcus? She didn‘t have much time to think cause all of the sudden a Zombie opened the door and rushed in. Bella had no time to scream; the Zombie took her arm and dragged her out in the open air...
Bella was blinded by the sun. She covered her eyes with her hands and noticed they were all red of pure blood. “I must have fallen pretty badly“She thought and dropped her hands. The vessel was a frightening side. The black sails blew in the wind and Bella was captured for a moment. All of the sudden someone grabbed her hand. Bella shocked and was about to wave her hand at the person when she came to her senses. “MARCUS! “ She almost shouted and hugged him relived. “I thought I had lost you. “ She said with sobbing sounds. Marcus smiled and hugged her deeply.
Those days they stayed on the vessel they slaved. They cooked, cleaned and worked every hour of the day and then they were behind bars below vessel. They ate old bread and drank dirty water. “And I complained working for Miss Bright“Bella thought and sighed deeply.
She hadn’t seen Becky for weeks; the girl worked in a different part of the ship. She worked slaved at a different part of the vessel then Bella and Marcus did. Bella was worried about her. She looked scared and sad.
Finally, after weeks of slavery an island was in sight. Bella stared at the island and was captured for a moment and she felt hopeful until Marcus grabbed her arm and whispered, “We have to get out of here Bella, If we step a foot on that island, we‘ll never get off it. “. Bella answered with a worried tone “But where? “. Marcus had no time to answer. A shoot from another ship hit the vessel and they ran below deck. “This is our chance Bella, we have to swim to the other ship when possible, this battle could stand for hours“. Bella looked at him suspiciously and said, “How do you know all this? “. Marcus froze. Then he looked at her with his capturing blue eyes and said with a bitter voice, “My father is a prisoner there... “.
They ran to the upper deck and hid. “I have to find Becky! “ Said Bella. “Go find her but be careful“. Bella found Becky hiding under the stairs to the highest deck with her head in her lap. “Hurry Becky, we‘re getting out of here, now! “ Said Bella and pulled Becky from under the stairs. “We have to find Helen, My sister! “ Cried Becky and hit her face in her palms. They started looking for Helen; she was hiding in the row boat. They got to her and pulled her out. Becky hugged her tight and took her hand.
They ran to where Marcus had been waiting for them and together they jumped off the ship.
Bella struggled to keep floating and noticed that Becky was sinking and took her waist and helped her up to the surface. Suddenly, a bang echoed across the water and Bella felt a sharp pain in her foot. She started sinking herself. Marcus grabbed her and pulled her to the other ship. They climbed up the rope ladder on the side of the ship.
Captain Cleaver says, "Avast! It seems we ha'e a couple o' stowaways!" Marcus gives Cleaver his secret supply of money as barter for safe passage back to Acapulco Island. Cleaver smiles prickly and says, "Arr, welcome aboard the Charlotte mates! “
A few weeks went by like a storm to Bella. She felt so happy and confident about the future. She smiled sweetly while she stared at the sea. All of the sudden she felt two hands over her eyes and someone said "Guess who? “ She smiled and turned around. But before she could say anything she felt his lips to hers and she felt endless happiness inside. Then she whispered in his ear, "I love you". He smiled his crooked smile and said, "I‘ve always loved you".
"Land ahoy! “ Bella turned around and saw her dear home island. She looked at Marcus and he gave her one of his cheekiest smiles.
She closed her eyes to smell the fresh salty air and leant her head on his chest. What an adventure.
The end.

The Love Boat Package
Other Deliciousness

Prizes to either Mortal or Dagnabbit on the Hunter ocean.
Thanks ^^
Dagnabbit on hunter.

Amykins says, "im feeling gassy today"

Avi by me=o
[Jan 26, 2009 1:01:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

I am Herowena of Midnight.
My category is Puzzle Pages.
I would love to win:
The Love Boat Package
Other Deliciousness

My Entry:

Link to larger size .
Link to full size web page version.

Answer Page
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

Dexla drew it.
[Jan 27, 2009 2:02:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ecosavvy

Good luck![/quote]

Thanks

pirate name-Ecosavvy From Sage Ocean
Item-Poem

im srry if there is grammer mistake but i am working on it....

Beautiful Dreamer

Beautiful dreamer, wake unto me,
Starlight and dewdrops are waiting for thee;
Sounds of the rude world heard in the day,
loved by the moonlight have all passed away!

Beautiful dreamer, queen of my song,
List while I woo thee with soft melody;
Gone are the cares of life's busy throng.

Beautiful dreamer, awake unto me!

Beautiful dreamer, out on the sea,
Mermaids are chaunting the wild lorelie;
Over the streamlet vapors are borne,
Waiting to fade at the bright coming morn.

Beautiful dreamer, beam on my heart,
then as the morn on the streamlet and sea;
then will all clouds of sorrow depart,

hope ye love it

~ Ecosavvy from Sage ocean ~

Fleet Officer of the crew Glorious N Victorious!
[Jan 28, 2009 5:59:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
poezmania

Itspoez of viridian
Prize order as shown
Poetry

Oh, my little pirate and thee peg leg.
My sword wishes t'were an ebbulient rose
When I see you my mind boils like an egg
I think of thee as the heavy wind blows
Have you always been so loyal and kind?
When I look at you I see my heart's mirror
My old left eye wishes it weren't blind
My trusty parrot jumps when you're near.
Thou art the treasure and I am the chest
Bottles of rum for the lady in white
And as you all know, forever we're blessed
We'll have some fun on this wonderous night
From this day on we'll no longer be two
All for one and one for all; I love you.

A Pirate Love Poem
If you cut sea's waves with scissors
You will find only water
And the relics of fhoenician ship
Where I once sat with many slaves.
The whip that struck my back was made in the shape of your hand,
And the voice that commanded row! row! was sharp as an ax
I wanted Love to wave like the skull on the black flag
Of a pirate ship.
Something quick, something torn right out of my body.~Henry Israeli

Rushing valentines
I rush store to store looking for the perfect gift
For the one I love
I go through aisle by aisle
Eliminating pile by pile
Gifts that won't express my love
Flowers? Chocolates? Too cliche
I need something to express my love
I find nothing
What do I do??
I can't come home empty-handed on valentines day
I walk in the house worried about our love
Then she says the words
I'll never forget
You brought the best gift of all
Coming home on this valentines day
I
Love
You

[Jan 28, 2009 6:08:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
merethif

Merethif of Viridian

Type of publication item:
Horoscopes/Personal advice

Prize preference order:
1. The Prize Flapper Package
2. The Love Boat Package
3. The Heart Is Where The Home Is Package
4. A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words Package
5. Other Deliciousness

Astrology tips for successful Valentine's Day

Even a novice navigator knows that there are five main stars shining on the firmament above our heads. Each of the star is a part of constellation named after one of the five familiars. But those stars are not merely the navigation tools! For scholars it is clear that each of the star have a great power over destiny and personality of the pirate born under it. We have asked one of the ocean wide authority on that arcane knowledge - dr Merethiffo - to give our readers a few Valentine's Day tips about each of the sign.

- Ippolito (Assigned element: wood)
Pirate born under the orange star is outgoing and expansive. He enjoys flocks of hearties and is always coming up with new ideas. Pillages run by Ippolito have a tendency to change into great sun deck parties. He likes to explore uncharted waters and sunken cities just for shear excitement and fun of it - it is boredom that he fears most. His idealistic attitude and natural curiosity makes him a bit irresponsible but nevertheless charming folk.

Perfect love match: Ippolito would make an ideal and active couple with Octopus. Both of them are driven by extreme curiosity and enjoy traveling and exploring new places (without paying much attention to consequences).

Date of dreams: A week cruise on a Love Boat, packed with a lot of breath-taking attractions like Triketos rides, whirlwind surfing and crow nest bungee jumps.

Valentine's Day gift ideas: A deed for some funny renamed ship, painted in vivid colors. With such vessel his pillages/parties would be even more unforgettable.

- Parrot (Assigned element: fire)
Pirate born under the red star is passionate, creative and loves a good laugh. The flame of inspiration that is lighting up his soul makes him a perfect material for poet, muse and lover to remember. Equally skillful in dealing with more mundane form of fire - Parrot usually place high in all culinary contest. As a social pirate of taste he can be often spotted showing of new stylish outfit at the docks.

Perfect love match: Parrot and Ippolito makes a vivacious couple. They both enjoy social life and value passion over duty.

Date of dreams: Probably Parrot will invite you for a romantic dinner at his place. He sees himself as a culinary maestro so don't forget to praise every dish and dessert that will be served. Some enthusiastic comments about house decor are encouraged too.

Valentine's Day gift ideas: A new fancy outfit in bright and trendy colors or a new forum avatar made by one of those popular avatar artist is a good idea for a Parrot's gift. He will also appreciate a love ballade so you may try to write one if you feel skilled enough.

- Viper (Assigned element: earth)
Pirate born under the yellow star is reliable and hard-working. Driven by service and duty to others he wants to be part of a big, happy crew. He adores giving advices and fits for excellent executive officers and greeters as well as shoppe managers and merchants. Patient, caring and warm hearted - he will easily keep the jobbers happy on board while loading GF and clearly explain the subtleties of pirates world even to the most slow-witted greenies.

Perfect love match: Viper is the perfect support for Parrot's bursts of inspiration. They both long for harmony and beauty all around them. After all it's all about being happy, isn't it?

Date of dreams: A romantic dinner at the uninhabitable island. Only you and your beloved one... and maybe some foraging.

Valentine's Day gift ideas:
If you really wants to make your beloved Viper happy you should spend your poe on the finest wedding ring and engage (and believe me - grappling hook won't be needed this time).

- Monkey (Assigned element: metal)
Pirate born under the white star is ambitious and self-reliant. Rising to the top of crew hierarchy being one of his top priorities. This unyielding fighter delights deathly duels, sinking sea battles and elite pillages. Wide known for his rigidity and composure he is also one of the most efficient man at arms. But as much as he enjoys clash of steel he loves bang of gold coins. That's why he can be often spotted at poker tables or furnishing his luxury manor with the most fancy and exotic goods.

Perfect love match: As a born leader Monkey would enjoy having reliable Viper by her side. After all, every battle navigator needs a competent XO to take care of those pesky jobbers.

Date of dreams: Dinner for two in the most elite and elegant inn in the archipelago. Exotic food and the finest rum is a must. Some friendly duel before the dinner would be welcomed too.

Valentine's Day gift ideas: New sword is an option but you can try something more extraordinary - heart-shaped crate full of cannonballs not only will call forth Valentine Day romantic mood but also will come handy during next sinking flotilla.

- Octopus (Assigned element: water)
Pirate born under the blue star wants to know everything there is to know about anything. The more arcane and obscure this knowledge would be the better. This pirate of dark heart and gloomy soul is secretive and deceptive, but he can act in truly charming way if needed. Vargas the Wise has been one of the most famous pirates born under the blue star. The line between wisdom and madness is truly a thin one.

Perfect love match: There will be natural chemistry between Octopus and Monkey. Both of them are ambitious and will combine knowledge and guile with tenacity and fortune to achieve their goals (be it taking over the island, capturing the ancient riches of Atlantis or world domination).

Date of dreams: A soiree on the Cursed Island with a lot of romantic scenery, like spooky indigo candles, Halloween furniture and cultists' love chants all around.

Valentine's Day gift ideas: Books. Lot of them. You can try one of those new bestsellers like "My First Thrall. User Manual" or go for something more classic like "Skellies - facts and myths". If you feel romantic try "Secret Diary of Dr Frillypants" written in Ancient Atlantean.
___
My YPP astrology concept is loosely based on Chinese idea of five elements.
Merethif of Viridian Ocean
Novice/Able at Poker and proud of it!
Vacation avatar by Empanado
[Edit 3 times, last edit by merethif at Feb 8, 2009 10:16:09 AM]
[Jan 28, 2009 11:22:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 83   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates