• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 759
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 232947 times and has 758 replies Next Thread
PlNG

Re: Pirate Commodity Trader... with Bleach! A new 3rd party tool Reply to this Post

@ FJC:
Beta 5.0.9.38008
Debug mode is off
1.5ghz laptop with 2gb memory, 1gb physical memory used so plenty of memory available, scanning from island.
Laptop resolution 1024 768, game window 800x600.

The scan seems to be process intensive. I notice when there are large segments of buy or sell only sections, scanning moves faster, if only until it catches buy and sell offers.

I'm saying it's slower in comparison to the scanning being done by the one at crabdance, much slower.

@ barlennan:

Do these pictures clear things up?
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/9201/newcommodsappendednotinkb8.png
I would like the new commodities to be integrated in the all commods list instead of appended at the end of the list, so that when I browse the all commods list, I do not have to look in two locations. If at all possible try to make the lists reflect the order shown in the game?

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/7149/doublemoonstonegemsentrvy8.png
Somehow, you've got two moonstone entries in the all commods list, it doesn't show up in the gems list though.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5071/goldoreandnuggetsqu9.png
Gold ore is still listed, it's a dead entry now.

I will try and get you the bugged entries, but not now.

Ty for continuing to work on this, I really appreciate it. :)
[Jan 15, 2009 12:32:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

Re: Pirate Commodity Trader... with Bleach! A new 3rd party tool Reply to this Post

If you have bugs about the system to report, you need to create an account at Sourceforge and post the bug there. That way the bug report can also be peer reviewed and there is a clear record of it as well.
----------------------------------------
On Viridian as Arcturis, Captain of The Rum Running Dragons and King of Demons and Damsels
[Jan 15, 2009 4:30:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sexysmurf

Ok I am using versions 5 and really enjoy the new interface. I got cobalt added with no issues except that i cant seem to get any bid data loaded. Based on looking at the site and at other oceans I dont seem to be the only one with this issue. im not really a programmer so I dont know what you need for bug reporting but when I hit ctrl c to capture the bid data the interface just tells me "Couldn't figure out what to do"
Candlewench
SO The Order of the Phoenix
Princess of Resurrection
Cobalt ocean

Awesome avatar by Orch
[Jan 18, 2009 3:59:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fjc7

The current version 5 client does not support Bid data. We were thinking of postponing the addition of this feature until version 6 since it appeared to not be used very often (based upon looking at the data age for bid data on the server which is usually quite old compared to the market data... meaning it isn't uploaded very often by users). However, we've had more than one enquiry now about bid data with the version 5 client so I will take a look at the code to see how hard it might be to add.

Yuhu on Sage
[Jan 18, 2009 4:34:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
skiffygrrl

It depends also on who is uploading the data. When I was doing daily rounds on Viridian to update the data, I always added bid data. Heck; I learned about PCTB from a friend who used the bid data to plan his merchanting runs.

It's certainly easier to look up the bid data for an entire ocean on the website than it is to whisk to every blinking island.
Adrianalidah and variants everywhere
Gwynhwyfahr in a few places

Current avatar courtesy of a game glitch, Halloween 2008
[Jan 19, 2009 7:06:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.sff.net/people/a.gormley    skiffygrrl [Link]  Go to top 
barlennan

New beta version is posted, 5.0.11. It is faster and fixes the various scanning problems. Those of you testing know how to get it.

I expect as soon as we get the bid stuff working (currently a server-side problem on the test server) we'll be going to a release.
[Jan 19, 2009 7:33:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
vortexae

Something that might be worth looking at is how the Capture Data function fails (or doesn't fail) when more than one YPP client is open. I haven't created a bug report yet because my experiences haven't been consistent enough (and I haven't had time to really hammer it) but...

A) can the program be made smart enough to detect that out of 2 or more YPP clients, only one is currently looking at Market Data? (Experimenting with this today: No matter which clinet I'd been focussed on previously, it always chose the YPP client that was leftmost in my task bar, and then gave me a pop-up OK-button warning about not finding the ocean name, or the island name, one or the other. Graceful failure, at least, but the window-finding process could perhaps be more robust here.)

B) can the program be made even smarter such that it prompts you to choose which client you want it to scan - "I found market data in two clients. Which? [PirateA on the Sage Ocean | PirateB on the Sage Ocean]

C) can we at least ensure that when more than one client is open, all PPAOCR failures are graceful? I seem to recall getting stuck on the "upload" screen (the blank white screen with the single word), which was unresponsive to Capture Market Data button-presses, so that I had to close and restart PPAOCR.

D) Regardless of what causes it, can the failed upload screen at least have a "reset" button/link so that we can get back to a functional program without having to close and restart?

I will try to have some of these formalized into actual bug reports soon - like I said, I need to take the time to hammer at it until I get some consistent behavior to report. This post is mainly going off of memory of a set of unique but related experiences.
Cerulean: Teshka
Meridian: Millefleur, Oshun & the crew
Emerald: Nensieuisge. Also Millefleur.
Y en el Océano Jade, soy la pirata Serenidad.

I blog YPP!
[Jan 20, 2009 12:07:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.nicolejleboeuf.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
fjc7

It just uses the first process that it finds right now. I'll look into allowing selection of PP window to use. Right now I'm working on Bid Data captures and what should have been simple to implement is turning out to be a pain (programmatic copy is turning out to be harder than expected).

Yuhu on Sage
[Jan 20, 2009 6:02:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barlennan

And another new version, 5.0.12
[Jan 20, 2009 11:22:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
daisydahling

And another new version, 5.0.12

How can I try this out? I have used PTCB forever and have been following this thread hoping to hop in on the beta but never posted. Is it possible to give it a go?

Daisy
Daisydahling
SO Pelagic Piraticus
Princess of The Swarm
[Jan 21, 2009 6:05:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sexysmurf

I installed .12 yesterday and can not get it to upload anything. I am not at the computer it is installed on currently so can not post any techinical info.
Candlewench
Princess of Resurrection
Cobalt ocean

Awesome avatar by Orch
[Jan 21, 2009 9:40:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barlennan

Yeah, we know. Turns out something got wedged on my development server and the upload page wasn't working. It's better now.
[Jan 21, 2009 3:38:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
vortexae

.13 can't find Island name at Kasadim - Sage ocean. On or off ship.

Will upload screenshot to SF shortly.

(I like the new client-chooser drop-down menu! And to have Bid Data be its own button!)
Cerulean: Teshka
Meridian: Millefleur, Oshun & the crew
Emerald: Nensieuisge. Also Millefleur.
Y en el Océano Jade, soy la pirata Serenidad.

I blog YPP!
[Jan 22, 2009 7:49:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.nicolejleboeuf.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
treese

Finally had a chance to test/use this great program...

2 things to report:

There was a database error. Please report what you were doing on the forums, and refer to error number 2185

This occurred while uploading the data from somewhere in Garnet on Cobalt, was either from Cochineal or Carmine.

Also, when uploading data from Ansel, Onyx arch:

Error:
Could not find commodity in commodity map: Navy Dye

This is great! /e does the happy traders dance.

One suggestion if possible, include some sort of reset button for the uploader...if i get an error message (user error or whatever), i have to close out of the program and start another instance.
TammyGal
Cobalt Ocean
SO & former Captain of Boochin' Drunks - One of the founding crews of Cobalt
Lady of the all-grown-up CAPS LOCK Kiddies, Super Awesomeness!!
(awesome avatar by Darkfaery!)
[Jan 22, 2009 8:34:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://superawesomepp.proboards100.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
barlennan

Please go to the sourceforge project and post these as defects. Also please be sure to turn on debug mode and send us the screen shots it generates so we can figure out what's going on.
[Jan 22, 2009 2:58:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sexysmurf

Also, when uploading data from Ansel, Onyx arch:

I reported the navy dye as a bug to PP. it is not a current item in game and is a bug on the Ansel market list. Hopefully they will fix it. But in the meantime a way to get past issues like this would be great but I certainly understand if its not possible.
Candlewench
Princess of Resurrection
Cobalt ocean

Awesome avatar by Orch
[Jan 22, 2009 6:37:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fjc7

A version 5.0.14 client should be on the website soon for those testing. It now supports scanning and uploading of bid data. I'm going to resist any more feature requests until after version 5 is released so that we can get it released soon. Please continue to submit defects and usability issues though.

Thanks to all who have been helping with the testing. Please remember to submit defects/issues to http://sourceforge.net/projects/pctb2.

Yuhu on Sage
[Jan 22, 2009 10:28:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barlennan

5.0.14 is up, we expect this is now feature-complete and we're down to just fixing bugs.
[Jan 23, 2009 6:39:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

Is there any chance that a Mac or Linux port is possible?

I was under the impression that C# was, effectively, a microsoft-windows only system
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Jan 25, 2009 2:27:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
fjc7

Disclaimer: I know very little about linux.

It might be possible to run some of it with Mono. See: http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page. I doubt that would work though without modifying a few things in the client code. The client uses a few windows API calls to send mouse clicks and some other things. I'm not sure what we would replace those windows API calls with so that it would work under Mono.

The main windows API calls to find replacements for would be:
SendInput, GetClientRect, GetWindowRect, and SetForegroundWindow. There are some graphics API calls that I found faster to use than native .NET but I already have code to use the .NET way instead (which was about 25% slower).

Yuhu on Sage
[Jan 25, 2009 3:57:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barlennan

Just as a warning to those testing version 5, my company is changing ISPs this coming Friday evening and over the weekend, and that's where the dev server lives. Sometimes after 5:00 PM Friday it will be going down as I start rerouting things over the new ISP, and it will come back up when it comes back up.

I wish I weren't salaried when this sort of #$%^ happens.
[Jan 26, 2009 6:22:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sexysmurf

Thanks for the heads up!
Candlewench
Princess of Resurrection
Cobalt ocean

Awesome avatar by Orch
[Jan 27, 2009 6:31:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
daisydahling

Ackk I went to the page and it gave me a virus error... .said the file is infected.. was just going to the website. (the beta one not the old one)
Daisydahling
SO Pelagic Piraticus
Princess of The Swarm
[Jan 28, 2009 5:37:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fjc7

What anti-virus software are you using and what virus is reported? Please submit a defect with details at http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/pctb2.

I do know that "Antivir" anti-virus software has reported a virus in the past. The install package was recently submitted to Antivir for analysis and they indicated that it was a false positive and that they would remove the false detection from one of their next virus definition updates (see details in the corresponding defect on the sourceforge project site).

Yuhu on Sage
[Jan 28, 2009 6:31:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
daisydahling

What anti-virus software are you using and what virus is reported? Please submit a defect with details at http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/pctb2.

I am using AVG antiviral software.. I submitted the defect and gave a screenshot of the warning. Thank you.
Daisydahling
SO Pelagic Piraticus
Princess of The Swarm
[Jan 29, 2009 8:07:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

I am using AVG antiviral software.. I submitted the defect and gave a screenshot of the warning. Thank you.

I've had issues in the past with AVG finding false positives. At my previous job, AVG decided to call a file critical to our project build process a "virus", and instead of quarantining the file, it just up and deleted it.

I've been using Avast for a couple years now and haven't had issues with false positives... yet.
On Viridian as Arcturis, Captain of The Rum Running Dragons and King of Demons and Damsels
[Jan 29, 2009 6:01:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Loren_S

Antivir now scans the file ok, so that is resolved. So I could try it:

- It appeard to be hung during install of .NET3.5 so I interrupted it. Looks like it was still downloading as a manual restart of the .NET setup continued. Anyway the progressbar was not moving.

- I run into the "not on primary screen" thing. Annoying but easy to work around.

- Very nice to be able to select the client. Maybe keep the selection after a refesh if possible

- Capturing of the market-data worked fine.

- Once i got the message that it could not find the Island, but a second click fixed that.

- Uploading of data lead to "There was a database error. Please report what you were doing on the forums, and refer to error number 0". Both for Scrimshaw and Admiral island (sage).

- Capturing biddata does not work at all. It does the /w to get the island. Then an error-dialog about wrong input format, but localized in german (my locale). ExtractAllBidData -> ParseInt32 -> StringToNumber. Clipboard:
cane(1, 50.0kg, 100l, 10pul, 2cpu)	6	2092
(might be the "." in the weight, we use a "," as decimal seperator)

- Probably the most annoying: It somehow changes the background color (to some bluish) for some parts of the YPP-client. (shoptab, notice board, vessel tab). Which even remains after closing the OCR-client. It is still readable but I need to reclient all the pirates to fix it

Could not test more due to the above issues.
CoatOSilver, Captain of Forget About It, Retired King of ©©©, Sage
[Jan 30, 2009 11:15:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barlennan

OK, the change of ISP is completed, but it will likely take time for the address changes to hit everyone. (It's set to 24 hours maximum, but some ISPs ignore that and set it to 7 days no matter what.) Also, your PC may cache the old address for as long as it really feels like - if you can't get to the server, on windows you can try a 'ipconfig /flushdns' in a cmd window to clear your local cache. Unfortunately, if your upstream DNS server has the wrong data cached, that won't help. And since there isn't a mac of linux port, I don't have to give instructions for those :-P
[Jan 30, 2009 7:08:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
daisydahling

I changed my antiviral software to avast and am having no problems. I got the same error on avg when accessing the crabdance site as well. Who knows.
Daisydahling
SO Pelagic Piraticus
Princess of The Swarm
[Jan 31, 2009 7:33:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barlennan

I changed my antiviral software to avast and am having no problems. I got the same error on avg when accessing the crabdance site as well. Who knows.

Well, whatever on the crabdance site triggered it I obviously copied. The main display portion of the site is some of the most unreadable javascript I've ever been so unfortunate as to see, so who knows what might be buried in there. I'm almost tempted to rewrite the whole bloody site in php.
[Jan 31, 2009 1:35:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates