• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 448
Posts: 448   Pages: 15   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 117261 times and has 447 replies Next Thread
sebaskeka

Re: Zomgrats! - Rats need love too! - (Judging in progress) - Win a monkey! Reply to this Post

and yes! Greenwave (since ye wanted feedback)... your video was really original/unique and funny.. although at first I just didn't understand what ye were doing by waving that garbage bag around the air for no apparent reason... (haha).

Kind of... thanks.

Even if you noticed my entry only because I was whining about feedback.
----------------------------------------
Senior Officer and Half owner of the crew "Mastodon Hunters".

Greenwave of sage.

In france for 5 months, so expect me to be inactive.
[Mar 7, 2008 6:01:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
runeds

Re: Zomgrats! - Rats need love too! - (Judging in progress) - Win a monkey! Reply to this Post

Well, there is so much suspanse. I was waiting for the results in March, and NOTHING. Well, they will come.
It is hard to judge with GAZILIONS, ZILIONS, TRILIONS, BILIONS and one more entrie :P
<center><embed src="http://www.seekcodes.com/Graffiti-Maker/show.swf?baseURL=http://www.seekcodes.com/Graffiti-Maker/&clickURL=http://www.seekcodes.com/&clickLABEL=Graffiti Maker&flashLABEL=SeekCodes.com - FREE STUFF!!!&
[Mar 8, 2008 5:53:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DestinyG

Congrats to me to the would be winners since I am soo evil since I am so kind to others and I want that famy for world domination and honestly, with my many mistakes, I can't win

Sorry for the intentional spacing. My keyboard is working properly glitchy and the tab button is mingling with spaceFALSE! And I want that famy so much!

NOTE: The entire post is a joke, for some humor to the boring thread.

[quote=Apollo][quote=GotyemoGirl]So, by saying that someone could say something along the lines of...[/quote] They could... but then the post would be deleted ("no maximum word count" is not the same as "please spam"), Thalia woul
[Mar 8, 2008 5:54:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sebaskeka

Congrats to me to the would be winners since I am soo evil since I am so kind to others and I want that famy for world domination and honestly, with my many mistakes, I can't win

Sorry for the intentional spacing. My keyboard is working properly glitchy and the tab button is mingling with spaceFALSE! And I want that famy so much!

Aww, no problem Destiny, cute lame out of context and improper joke full of god damned fail .

Greenwave of sage.

[Mar 9, 2008 10:47:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DestinyG

Aww, no problem Destiny, cute lame out of context and improper joke full of god damned fail .

XD, someone figured my master plan written in invisible forum ink! This is ebil!

NOTE: Time is ticking, the OM's are judging and we get more primetime to do and poke around.

NOTEx2: I got a new keyboard!
[quote=Apollo][quote=GotyemoGirl]So, by saying that someone could say something along the lines of...[/quote] They could... but then the post would be deleted ("no maximum word count" is not the same as "please spam"), Thalia woul
[Mar 9, 2008 2:44:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
XEcastasy

Mate, watch your language please. :)
Ecastasy of ... Cerulean

[Mar 9, 2008 3:11:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sebaskeka

Aww, no problem Destiny, cute lame out of context and improper joke full of dog manned fail .

There, altough I don't see what was wrong with God.

And what was after isn't that harsh.

Greenwave of sage.

[Mar 11, 2008 9:50:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
GothyemoGirl

Aww, no problem Destiny, cute lame out of context and improper joke full of dog manned fail .

There, altough I don't see what was wrong with God.

And what was after isn't that harsh.

Well, this means that the person who made that animation will probably win... While the rest of us crow up in a circle and bursting out tears, quitting Puzzle Pirates forever because it... "Wasted" their three months.

Yeah Right. We all know that they'll stay... For the POKER!

But anyways..
While waiting to die, I found a site that most of you probably saw...

DO. NOT. PRESS.

http://www.fetchfido.co.uk/games/red-button/red-button.htm

Nah press it.
Gothy of Sage
Captain of The Gothic Black Crows
Queen of Monkey Parade
[Mar 11, 2008 10:01:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Emzis

Poker killed the ocean(s).
Saphira on Cobalt, Ice, Opal, Jade, Crimson and Malachite
Shadowkisses on all oceans. Captain of the Death Hunter Rogue
[Mar 14, 2008 2:26:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Link102

Every time someone says that, an angel dies.

Poker didn't kill the oceans. Get over it.
Roland, Malachite
SO of Ka-Tet
King of Vesuvius' Shadow
[Mar 14, 2008 3:29:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sebaskeka

I wont get in debate here, but it is really cliche, like saying...

NO U

Greenwave of sage.

[Mar 14, 2008 3:52:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Buckaroony

That doesn't even make sense....how the heck can an angel die? u have to die and go to heaven already to BE an angel so....wdf?
tasty Jello
[Mar 14, 2008 7:46:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Link102

I wont get in debate here, but it is really cliche, like saying...

NO U

I think it's more cliche to blame poker for everything than it is to defend poker. I mean, the vast majority of the people saying things like "Poker killed the oceans" are only saying it because a few influential people said it first.

/rerail

Wait. /rerail back to what topic?
Roland, Malachite
SO of Ka-Tet
King of Vesuvius' Shadow
[Mar 14, 2008 8:19:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nobuseri

Back to the topic of:
99 bottles of beer on the wall...
He who is not an artist should not pretend to be lest he wish to bring upon himself the lash of their opinion.
[Mar 15, 2008 8:32:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.ephyr.com:7800/ppprs [Link]  Go to top 
Azarin

That doesn't even make sense....how the heck can an angel die? u have to die and go to heaven already to BE an angel so....wdf?

Well, from the Christian standpoint, we can assume angels can at least kill each other, otherwise there wouldn't seem much point in Lucifer starting a war amongst them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Heaven
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Azarin at Mar 15, 2008 10:49:13 AM]
[Mar 15, 2008 10:48:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
littlegett

Poker killed the ocean(s).

The Oceans died? When did this happen? Seriously I just saw them and they were still there, alive and splashin.

hmmm
I am Dirtynick of the Cobalt Ocean
[Mar 15, 2008 1:16:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://littlegett.com [Link]  Go to top 
Buckaroony

True about Lucifer and the war in heaven (yes i am a catholic). Yet...what happens to an angel when it dies? where does it go? purgatory? HELL even? it still doesn't make much sense to me. Why would God make a heaven where you can have "eternal life with him" if you can die?

Warhawk on Hunter Ocean
tasty Jello
[Mar 15, 2008 1:32:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thalia
OceanMaster

No, these are not the results. This is a lock.
I will unlock this thread again, when the judging is finished.
[Mar 15, 2008 3:43:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thalia
OceanMaster

No heart attacks please! These aren't the results. Yet. I'd just like to give everyone a heads up and assure you, that we didn't forget about this event. My apologies for the long wait and thanks or your patience, mates. This event has been overwhelming in many ways. Both the immense variety of entry types and the large number of entries exceeded the expectations by far. So did the quality of the entries. Under these circumstances the judging process did definitely take longer than expected, but that's not the only reason winners aren't announced yet. Unfortunately pesky rl does not always cooperate and due to some unforeseen problems and despite our best efforts it managed to interfere with the progress of the judging in this case.
Thank you all for bearing with me! It won't be long now, expect the results within the next few days.
[Jun 26, 2008 8:13:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thalia
OceanMaster

As you all noticed the "few days" turned out to be more than just a few. Unfortunately the issues mentioned above have proven to be more persistent than expected. My apologies for that. Neither is this event forgotten nor have I been abducted by rats, as some of you suspected. Progress has been made and in fact the results will be posted by this weekend at the latest.
[Sep 9, 2008 12:34:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thalia
OceanMaster

Heart attacks allowed this time - these are the results.

I'd just like to start off with another apology for testing your patience like that. I'll make it short: Thank you all for bearing with me. It's true that over 500 entries and the immense variety and different types of entries made judging this contest a real challenge. But of course that alone is no excuse for such a long wait. I can only repeat, sorry about that, mates. This event was never forgotten, I can assure you of that. But (despite running the risk of repeating myself), things don't always work out as planned. I'm sorry that you were the ones who had to suffer the consequences in this case.

Now, before I finally give you the results, one more thing: Please keep in mind that this contest was exceptional in many ways, not just when it comes to wait times or the number of entries. I guess the regulars of these parts of the forums already know, that there are amazingly talented mates among our players; and you all managed to demonstrate that once more. This event was judged at a very high standard. We had no other choice. The quality of entries for this event simply was outstanding and it was incredibly difficult to chose winners. It's often very close, when you have to chose the top places, but in this case, even chosing runners up and honorable mentions was everything but an easy task. So please don't be disappointed if your name is not listed below, because that doesn't mean at all, that your entry was bad or not appreciated. We had tons of wonderful entries and each one had its very own charm. So many creative ideas, lovely images, charming stories,.. I could go on for a while now, but I won't. You have to draw a line somewhere, unfortunately.
Well, without further ado, here are the winners:

Honorable mentions (Winning a Thalia egg, listed in alphabetical order):

• Alniyat - A well written poem with smooth and catchy rythm, which is on top of that telling an entertaining, funny rat story.
  • Anarie - What a creative and wonderfully ratty symbiosis of rats and Puzzle Pirates. Well done and very eye-catching. (A lovely desktop background, too, by the way.)
  • Bushyvonbooze - A beautiful picture with enaging atmosphere and a fitting motive. It's also very refreshing to see the rarely chosen medium watercolors in use.
  • Domokun - A very well done image, especially the work you put into the lighting and details is impressive - which grant the picture a fascinatig atmosphere.
  • Figethead - A funny, nicely drawn comic with an amusing twist at the end of the story and an entertaining mix of fiction and Puzzle Pirates "reality".
  • Iove - Kudos to one of the rare musical tributes of this event and the effort you put into it. That you composed, sang, played and wrote each single part of the entry yourself makes your entry even more impressive.
  • Josieposie - This is without a doubt a lovely image, but what makes your entry stand out even more is the choice of medium - or rather, materials.
  • Kait - Congratulations! You broke the judges. Well, temporarily, at least - by causing repeated gigglefits. Thank you for this aboslutely hilarious entry - Nina is an adorable (and obviously very patient) rat.
  • Llamagirl - You created a really nice sculpture, which is most likely the one wearing the most appropriate dress fo this occasion.
  • Manjula - A really well done image with a suitably chosen motive and composition for this competition.
  • Meista - Yarr! Let's state the obvious: This simply is a skillfully drawn and wonderfully ratty pirate. Or piratey rat - you choose.
  • Ningyo - Even though the tag below the image caused some raised eyebrows, it's still a very well done image of an adorable rat; the ratty jolly roger also is a lovely little detail.
  • Nobuseri - The effort put into this entry is obvious and and all the little bits and details you paid attention to make this an impressive entry.
  • Redjenny - A funny, well written and entertaining story with a lovely personal touch.
  • Shiramara - A creative and in this event unique idea, fun to read, nicely done layout and fitting illustrations.
  • Surrptitious - A really well done image with a nice, relaxed atmosphere.
  • Taco - This statue would definitely be a wonderful decoration for every dock! It' not just a fitting idea for a tribute to our little rodent friends. All the little details you managed to include are impressve as well.
  • Vivthegreat - You picked a wonderful poem to base your entry upon - definitely not easy to work with. But you managed to create a clever adaption of it.
  • Wenchette - A well written poem with some really smart rhymes and rhythmic approaches - fun to read!
  • Woodenneye - A cute and well done rat sculpture. The chocolate dip on the coin looks especially tasty.

Runners Up (Winning a white rose and a Thalia egg, sorted in aplhabetical order):

• Alastriona - One of the rare, musical tributes to our furry friends. Your entry stands out due to that, but also because you chose such a fitting song, managed to create suitable parody lyrics to display your affection for rats and especially because it's a pleasure to listen to your singing.
  • Cambiata - First of all - a lovely image of one of our rodent friends. But it's the medium you chose, which makes your entry stand out. A really creative and well executed idea.
  • Carsomyr - Not only is a calendar a fitting and creative idea, you also created twelve nice illustrations. That's a lot of work and thought you put into your entry and the images are also humorous and well done. (Especially the one for March made me giggle.)
  • Daggerdarla - A unique idea, which stands out due to the thought and effort put into it. And also due to the the love of details, which becomes visible, when exploring this special ocean, its islands, getting to know its inhabitants and discovering the hidden mysteries.
  • Greyrat - Short and sweet: Really lovely rat sculptures. What makes your entry especially enticing are all the little details of the individual sculptures you managed to create - from the pose of the rumbler to the look of the captain's clothes.
  • Herowena - I can't really think of anything else, that would be more appropriate for a celebration than a cake - and an absolutely beautiful one on top of that! This is definitely the most yummy looking entry of this contest.
  • Nordenx - It's a nice idea and a really well done portrait background - what more can I say? I'd be delighted to see this tribute to rats implemented into the game.
  • Roseash - A really well done and absolutely cute animation, which illustrates the relationship of a pirate and his (sorry, "her") rat in a humorous and entertaining way - including many little details a lot of pirates know.
  • Shazbot - Your entry is a really unique object. I'd never have though that such an amazing (pi)rat(e) could be created just from papier mache. A really ambitious project with an absolutely impressive result.
  • Xeitgeist - Your entry is a colorful and beautiful image with a fascinatingly busy composition and many details to discover. It's also obvious how much work you put into it.

Runners up (Winning a bouquet of white roses and a Thalia egg, sorted in alphabetical order):

• Cleaves - Oh my, Chow Yun-Rat definitely is a charming fellow. He's a really good looking, cuddly and also definitely prize winning rat. Seriously, creating the pattern for such an adorable toy yourself and then crochteing him definitely deserves a prize.
  • Dirtynick - The drawing itself already is a very skillfully drawn ratty pirate, but seeing the video makes your entry even more fascinating and impressive.
  • Dustfinger - A wonderful story, which not only succeeds in giving us insight into the life and character of a quirky little rodent, but also into that very special and personal relationship between a rat and his pirate.
  • Florentine - One word: fun! It's a pleasure to get to know these wonderfully quirky four and (sort of) two legged heroes, giggle about their ambivalent relationship and read about their exciting adventure.
  • Geist - What a creative and unique idea! The work you put into that entry is already impressive, but even more impressive are all the lovely little details and anecdotes discovered while playing your game.
  • Hedvvig - Your entry simply is a wonderful image and a display of talent with a catching atmosphere, interesting composition, a fitting motive and brilliant colors.
  • Kitt - Oh my, what a cute and cuddly toy! If that well crafted bunch of cuteness alone wasn't enough - it's great to see the accessories like the bed and the portrait. And it's even better to have the pattern for creating your very own rat.
  • Nautilus - A busy, colorful entry, which profits from your very personal style and celebrates the little rodents in a well done composition. It's so much fun to look at all the charming little rats, because you managed to give each of the little ones a distinct piratey character.
  • Swissie - It's such a tiny sculpture and not the easiest material to handle, and yet you managed to create more than just (?) an anatomically correct rat. The pose, the details, the coloring and character of the little fellow alltogether make for a wonderful sculpture. What a cute and charming little rat!
  • Thirrin - Your entry is a busy and really skillfully done drawing. What a fitting motive for a celebration of rats; and it's fun to discover all the little details you included.

Winners:

• 6. Coupon - (Winning the sloop Dear Ratfish) Your entry is without a doubt a wonderful display of your affection for rats. Furthermore you also chose a format which is a real challenge and you mastered it wonderfully - and eloquently. It's a pleasure to read this poem.
  • 5. Azarin - (Winning the longship Beloved Searat) Your story combines an exciting adventure with great writing style. But what makes your story stand out even more is the perspective you chose and how you managed to introduce the reader to your rat hero's world that way.
  • 4. Kolibri - (Winning a piglet) It's small, almost too cute and and it's brilliant. So much character, so much detail and so much love of rats in such a tiny sculpture! Simply amazing.
  • 3. Sundancer - (Winning an ancient calendar) What more can I say? A well rounded entry. It's a lovely story, wrapped in a well done layout with wonderful, skillfully done illustrations and told in the form of amazingly engaging poems.
  • 2. Ecastasy - (Winning a Thalia doll) It's obvious how much effort and thought was put into this entry. Beside the amazing amount of work put into it, this entry benefits from a unique and creative idea - a rat palace that is not just beautiful, but actually really rat usable.
  • 1. Spoonio - (Winning a red monkey) Congratulations, you're insane - in a good way. Well, at least your animation suggests that. Even if you wouldn't have created it by hand (Oh my!) it would still be an adorable, funny video, with a fitting and cleverly chosen plot, charming characters and simply an absolutely entertaining way to celebrate rats.

Thank you to all entrants and congratulations to the winners. This event was an amazing experience.
Prizes will be distributed within the next 24 hours and I will post here as soon as all prizes have been delivered.
[Sep 14, 2008 9:49:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

Thank you very much! I'm very pleased to be among the winners, and I appreciate the kind words as much as the fantastic prizes!
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Sep 14, 2008 9:59:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cambiata

Congratulations to all the winners. I had missed Spoonio's video somehow in my thread stalking and it is without a doubt one of the cutest things I have ever seen. I feel honored to have received a mention among such a vast amount of amazing entries.
Cambiata,
~Co-Captain of the crew Validus and Queen of the flag Sea Change~
from the Viridian ocean

Gallery
[Sep 14, 2008 10:33:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://cambiata.deviantart.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Sharktailz

Mind blowing entries! I cannot think of anything else to say but that.
Sharktail, Sage. Avatar by Phillite!

Laptop done broked'd! PM me if you need anything.
[Sep 14, 2008 10:44:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://twitter.com/SharktailYPP [Link]  Go to top 
seb_long_uk

Congrats on a well deserved win, Spoonio.
Domokun
Avatar by the incredible Tilinka
[Sep 15, 2008 2:57:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    My other sloop is a Gold/Gold rename [Link]  Go to top 
Gumptiongirl

Many Thanks and Kudos Thalia.

for having personalised comments and feedback on all those entries, and for spreading the prize-giving luv around

^_^
Surrptitious/ Slurppie - Cerulean

Feb Frenzy
Feb Frenzy 2.0
[Sep 15, 2008 3:08:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://gumptiongirl.deviantart.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
XEcastasy

Re: Zomgrats! - Rats need love too! - Winners Reply to this Post

First off,

Thank you thank you thank you for posting results this weekend :)!

It must be a relief to finally push past this event and not have to worry about it and concentrate on the other issues that have been causing disturbance.

Secondly,

I will not hide my disappointment. So close :/ so far away.

But a Thalia doll to play with my other Thalia doll. :)

And Thirdly,

Congrats to all the winners. I'm pleasantly surprised so many people were mentioned! I'm glad a large bulk of entries were able to recieve comments and trinkets for the fruits of their labors.

Cheers - Eca
Ecastasy of ... Cerulean

[Sep 15, 2008 3:59:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
raincake

Wow, thanks so much! There were so many entries, and so many great and unique ones in this contest. I thought for sure that Ecastasy would win with her rat palace, or Kolibri with the pocketful of cuteness, or Greyrat's dynamic sculptures, or Daggerdarla's original website, or... or... or... I thought the sculptures stood out a lot. There were also a lot of "Pi-rat" related entries... it made me feel a bit dumb because I never thought of that pun.

A huge well done to Thalia for finally getting through 500 entries, judging them all, giving comments to the huge list of prize-winners, and juggling real-life issues as well! Now I can use her list and read any poems or stories I might have missed.

Thanks so much again, and I'm really glad people liked my video. It may not be Chinese New Year anymore, but it's just in time for Mid-Autumn Festival :) Mooncake for all!

Edit: We need a cow pet for next year.
Spoonio on Sage Ocean
Avatar? - Not taking anymore requests until current queue is finished!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by raincake at Sep 15, 2008 4:21:45 AM]
[Sep 15, 2008 4:18:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

Congrats to the winners, runners-up, and honorable mentions.
The bar has indeed been raised a few notches and I will endeavor to try even harder next time.
Pletoo of Sage
[Sep 15, 2008 6:24:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PikachuGurl5

Wow, that took a while to judge, but a great job on everyone's part...
It was obvious I wasn't going to win with my Kindergarten artwork :p
Chocolatedog of the Hunter Ocean
[Sep 15, 2008 7:06:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 448   Pages: 15   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates