• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1637 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
Skunkbeard9

So You THink You Are A Pirate Sponsorship

I am looking for sponsors for my new evnt.

I am in need of 20K for it.

The event is HERE: http://yarrbyevents.weebly.com/so-you-think-your-are-a-pirate.html

if you are interested in sponsoring, plz contact me in the game. I will also advertise for your shop/stall if you have one

The Deadline for Sponsoring this event is September 26th

If you have any questions, ask Yarrby, Yarrbybeard, or Yarrbina in the game
----------------------------------------
Yarrby of Cobalt
The Former King of Cobalt

Retired, Missing in Action, or Dead. Whatever you wish.
[Edit 5 times, last edit by Skunkbeard9 at Sep 1, 2008 5:04:53 PM]
[Sep 1, 2008 4:43:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    yarrby@ymail.com [Link]  Go to top 
Snuppy360

Re: So You THink You Are A Pirate Sponsorship

I think this should be posted here.
Bobthegoat

Blobbles says, "Part of me wants to hit Bob with a rolled up newspaper....another part of me wants to sit him down with a colouring book at watch him attempt to stay within the lines...."

[Sep 1, 2008 6:43:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
eeyore_guy

I see the prize is 20K, and you are in need of 20K... I would say, that atleast SOME poe should come out of YOUR pockets... it seems wrong to host a mediocre event (not to be rude or anything) and expect someone to fork over 20K, and it being ALL the prizes accumulated into one sum.

I know, someone may step up and donate 20K, like they have for the Black Death Tournaments, But those were widely renowned events.

Tigger--just wondering
The one and only me.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by eeyore_guy at Sep 5, 2008 4:33:35 PM]
[Sep 5, 2008 4:33:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Chalk    Chalk    Chalk [Link]  Go to top 
Megguy44

Spell check is your friend...honestly
~Peasncarrots~
Cobalt

Awesome Avatar by Tilinka
[Sep 5, 2008 10:26:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sirwinston

Spell check is your friend...honestly

QFT.

Don't expect to get 100% of the poe used from player donations, if you want to run an event at least use most of your own poe for it, or get OM support.
BloodyBill on the Cerulean Ocean (of Cobalt origin).
[Sep 6, 2008 5:02:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Bloodybill [Link]  Go to top 
Skunkbeard9

I see the prize is 20K, and you are in need of 20K... I would say, that atleast SOME poe should come out of YOUR pockets... it seems wrong to host a mediocre event (not to be rude or anything) and expect someone to fork over 20K, and it being ALL the prizes accumulated into one sum.

I know, someone may step up and donate 20K, like they have for the Black Death Tournaments, But those were widely renowned events.

Tigger--just wondering

I am working on getting the 20K atm, but with my pilly mechinism messed up (i cant chart), it is very slow
Yarrby of Cobalt

[Sep 12, 2008 6:16:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    yarrby@ymail.com [Link]  Go to top 
eeyore_guy

How is your pillaging mechanism broken? And what part of it is "Broken"?
The one and only me.
[Sep 13, 2008 9:09:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Chalk    Chalk    Chalk [Link]  Go to top 
Aethera21

I don't understand how your charting could be broken, and even if it was, someone else could chart for you. Also, I don't believe that you don't have 20k. You were on an Atlantis run last night where you must have made some poe. (I made 9k, and I didn't get that much from the chests) 20k is a simple sum to save up to...even if you can't run your own pillages, you can go on any number of voyages, or even hit the navy. If you have decent stall/shoppe jobs, that would help too. So, come on now, you don't need 20k from us...don't be selfish, spend your own money on your own event.
Aethera of Cobalt Cerulean
Princess of Maniacal Menagerie
Blockade staff on any ocean
[Sep 13, 2008 10:43:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jezzebel

Honestly, if you are the captain of a crew and you cannot come up with 20k on your own, you might need to rethink being a captain. The last event I did for my flag, I probably dropped close to 100k on in prizes. Now look at my stats. I'm not any sort of "rockstar" pirate. I didn't use flag funds. This was all out of my own pocket, with a couple small donations from crewmates. Heck, I have spent more than 20k just for one person's in-game birthday present.

It's just ... not that hard to save money with a little work and patience. Seriously. If a 35 year old housewife can do it, I'm sure you can too.
Redjenny, Now merged with Health Nutz
Thebloggess wrote: 
A hug is like a strangle you haven't finished yet!

[Sep 13, 2008 1:45:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skunkbeard9

I am working on getting the 20K atm, but with my pilly mechinism messed up (i cant chart), it is very slow

i fixed this and i have gotten the PoE
Yarrby of Cobalt

[Sep 14, 2008 11:30:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    yarrby@ymail.com [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates