• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 102
Posts: 102   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11398 times and has 101 replies Next Thread
Coolkidmania

Ultimate Intent for Admiral

Who? Chuck Norris, The Ultimate flag name
Where? Admiral, the Ultimate Island
When? When the Ultimate time occurs
Pay? Starting @ 4k/seg
Why? Ultimate Showdown

As LoL politic away,
Wazzy is having a field day,
Some chatlogged tells
From thier warning bells
Wazzy's so happy he's gay.

Ultimate Laugh PP>WoW
Warning strong language

----------------------------------------
Fresher dan a moscupperer
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Coolkidmania at Jun 12, 2008 12:57:01 PM]
[Jun 12, 2008 12:53:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Re: Ultimate Intent for Admiral

As much as it ruins your limerick, you really should filter that last line.
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Jun 12, 2008 1:06:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Z1Q

Talk about a lot of PoE! 4K/seg.

Please make the ultimate time UK freindly time unlike your last few blockades which were like 3am in the morning ^^

Not nice.
Boom on Sage Ocean
Hanley on Hunter Ocean
Trib on Viridian Ocean
Senior Officer of Poorly Named Crew
Boom on sails here!
[Jun 12, 2008 1:20:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joeymck

I have to admit, i was looking for this video when i originally saw the topic. The Real Ultimate Showdown
Joeymck of sage
Retired
[Edit 1 times, last edit by joeymck at Jun 12, 2008 1:48:15 PM]
[Jun 12, 2008 1:46:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Br0kenAngel

As much as it ruins your limerick, you really should filter that last line.

Gay is a synonym for happy mate.

-BA
Mads wrote: 
I logged on to midnight and both of the people that play were offline :(
[Jun 12, 2008 1:47:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pizzab

Admiral Blockade's!!!!!!!

And 4k a seg Woo if i get on and stay for whole blockade i will be rich.
FrodoB of Hunter

I use to be a hobbit, till I took a ring to the finger.
[Jun 12, 2008 2:37:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
YounGAznG

Gay is a synonym for happy mate.

-BA

I don't think he meant that kind of "gayness", <3 the limerick :P.

P.S.
I'm loving all the hatred floating around the forums nowdays XD, specially from the people that know they are cooler/better/smarter/ more successful than 99.99% of the people playing the game ;).

Yes, I went there Montage, go ahead and start your flaming ^_^.
[Jun 12, 2008 4:35:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sed729

4k a seg as starting pay is the most pathetic thing I have ever seen. I don't care who it is against.

Having 4k a segment...lame. Having Boi make your intent...even more lame.
Beebe
Blar wrote: 
It *was* special, and now i'm sober.

[Jun 12, 2008 4:58:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vilnius1

Redistribution of wealth is a good thing. The fact that someone can afford 4k per seg for a large blockade says that too much PoE is concentrated in too few hands. I'm all for equalizing the papah.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Vilnius1 at Jun 12, 2008 5:09:26 PM]
[Jun 12, 2008 5:09:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Poulsv

Well, if you want to have a good distribution of PoE, make an event, but we want to blockade, not to throw away PoE in this unfair way. Also having such payment only shows that they are trying t buy the island and not trying to have a fair competition for it.

I really find sad how people think they can have whatever they want just because they want it no matter what way.

But let see how all this goes. Let's blockade!
Poliestileno in the Sage Ocean
[Jun 12, 2008 5:29:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
YounGAznG

4k a seg as starting pay is the most pathetic thing I have ever seen. I don't care who it is against.

LOL.....don't you have a 41 pages long thread about something that you are suppose to be doing but now you are posting to refer to that something knowing that you are suppose to stay away from that something so the something can be handle by other? Oo

Wait...what?

Why is this itching you?
[Jun 12, 2008 5:43:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sed729

not to throw away PoE in this unfair way.

It isn't unfair by any means. Lame maybe, unfair...not at all. Considering it is Chuck Norris' first blockade as a flag though, it speaks wonders where they want things to go from here.
Beebe
Blar wrote: 

[Jun 12, 2008 5:45:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Poulsv

not to throw away PoE in this unfair way.

It isn't unfair by any means. Lame maybe, unfair...not at all. Considering it is Chuck Norris' first blockade as a flag though, it speaks wonders where they want things to go from here.

Well yeah, sometimes I find difficult to find the correct words to say something but you are 100% correct BB.
[Jun 12, 2008 6:06:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vilnius1

Polie, over a year ago it was rumored that LOL had an 80mil+ bankroll; one would assume that your flag's current disposable income is at least in the triple (million) digits. How is it lame to challenge one of the (possibly) richest flags to a resource war? I remember Kneiss once posting something along the lines of "If Scrim is attacked we will do whatever is necessary to win;" how can you have it both ways? If it is acceptable for your flag to threaten an no-ceiling pay war for defense, why must there be a ceiling for an attack?

I do not think there is any real precedence setting to be worried about here. It isn't sustainable to enforce 20k per jobber rounds. If anything the ocean needs a few leveling blockades to redistribute PoE to individuals who care about blockades. People bitch incessantly about how Atlantis/Poker/etc are distracting from traditional aspects of the game. Chuck Norris and co. are just giving the jobbers what they want and deserve: more PoE. Of course this cannot happen every blockade but it does provide a great opportunity for a new flag to build a significant PoE base in one day. Twenty flaggies jobbing for five rounds, donating 100% nets 2mil for the flag in one day. That is a blockade right there. Redistribute the wealth and open the doors to new flags.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Vilnius1 at Jun 12, 2008 7:20:00 PM]
[Jun 12, 2008 6:18:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

Well this is not a paywar, unless pay is raised during round two or three.
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Jun 12, 2008 6:41:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
YounGAznG

Progress is bad for the old flags =p, down with newcomers!!
[Jun 12, 2008 6:41:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chupchup

Polie, over a year ago it was rumored that LOL had an 80mil+ bankroll; one would assume that your flag's current disposable income is at least in the triple digits.

Triple digits, yeah, I'll donate another 999 poe for the defense of Admiral!
The pirate formerly known as Ljamethyst.

I think the Sublime trophy is a happy idea. Sublime is to be celebrated.

[Jun 12, 2008 6:45:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ice.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Ljamethyst [Link]  Go to top 
Vilnius1

Lj wrote: 
Triple digits, yeah, I'll donate another 999 poe for the defense of Admiral!

I too like making sarcastic, picky replies when I lack the intelligence to respond to a post's main points.
[Jun 12, 2008 7:17:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sed729

Vil, you do make a good point about the redistribution of PoE, I just think 4k a seg is absurd is all.
Beebe
Blar wrote: 

[Jun 12, 2008 7:28:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
YounGAznG

Viln wrote: 
I too like making sarcastic, picky replies when I lack the intelligence to respond to a post's main points.

I think I love you =p.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by YounGAznG at Jun 12, 2008 8:17:32 PM]
[Jun 12, 2008 8:17:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
basso

Vil, you do make a good point about the redistribution of PoE, I just think 4k a seg is absurd is all.

But this is Admiral, the one island that is worth owning. Polie, I don't have a problem with LoL, but you guys have made it pretty clear that you will crush any attack by using your large jobbing support. The next logical step is for people to start paying crazy amounts of money to even out jobbing. Now I assume you will just match this because LoL is quite wealthy, but don't complain when your style of play leads to inevitable conclusions.

Also, Vil is my new favorite poster :)
Montage of Sage
Mads wrote: 
OK, now I'm convinced. The problem here is that you cannot understand plain English.

[Jun 12, 2008 8:25:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
silvermerc

While the idea 4k a seg makes me walk a bit funny and makes it hard to sit down, there's always a lot of people talking smack about wars of attrition and sticking it to the man, blah blah blah. Well, it's interesting to see someone who looks prepared to really take it to that step. Not heartily endorsing or not here, I'm just saying I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out and what happens after. Love it or hate it, at least there's somebody out there willing to push boundaries.

Lupeloca
-The Mad Tea Party-

-Good Grief-

-Some where on Sage-

-Planet Earth -
[Jun 13, 2008 2:54:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mads0001

The sad truth of the matter is that paying 250-500 a jobber just means LoL get 500 jobbers to your 11. Anyone that wants Admiral has literally been put in a position of "be crushed or pay through the nose".

Didn't Daduk say that it should cost more than 300k and a cutter to defend Admiral? Wish granted Polie.

Frankly whatever happens, any flag willing to throw at least 15m in jobber pay is either going to end up buying an island that doesn't get attacked ever, or losing and being left to consider 15 mil and some ships gone in a day...

Fneh, I'm sure whoever's bankrolling it knows the finances.

But yeah... What happens with the island if/when you win? building any shoppes etc? Some of us care about other things than the amount of poe thrown, especially when LoL will be paying high too (no doubt)
rachaelj wrote: 

"your standing in patronising has gone up and is now respected in your archipelago"
spelling corrected by Mads(tm) :P
[Jun 13, 2008 2:59:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
okcorall

LOL.....don't you have a 41 pages long thread about something that you are suppose to be doing but now you are posting to refer to that something knowing that you are suppose to stay away from that something so the something can be handle by other? Oo

Wait...what?

Why is this itching you?

What are you talking about here? It allmost sounds like you're suggesting that BB/PA are involved and/or part of Chuck Norris. Which has crossed my mind on more than one occasion.

And this is some sort of covert plan, to regain Admiral.
Hiding down south
[Jun 13, 2008 5:17:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Br0kenAngel

Also having such payment only shows that they are trying t buy the island and not trying to have a fair competition for it.

Quite the contrary. For a flag having their first blockade, the only chance at having a "fair competition" against LoL is for them to pay 4k/seg and you guys to pull all of your massive jobbing support from both Sage, Viridian and Hunter. Consider that even an experienced blockade flag which has been able to pull a fair number of jobbers on their own (PA) was significantly outjobbed by LoL at an Admiral blockade. When that happened, and PA upped pay to attempt to make the blockade more "fair" I remember posts saying that you guys had every right to keep the blockade the way it was because it was all about winning the island. Why, now, has it become about a "fair competition?"

-BA
Mads wrote: 
I logged on to midnight and both of the people that play were offline :(
[Jun 13, 2008 6:13:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ToniGirl

Is this pay rate an attempt to keep third parties out of the blockade? Not many flags can match/outpay at that start rate. Will be interesting to watch.

As for the 250/seg against LoL, it is absurd to think that you will ever get even jobbing with their massive political ties. People just do not kade for that rate as much as they used to. Paying 4k a seg is a bit much, but hell, if you have the poe and want to attract the unaffiliated jobbing pool this is one way to go about it.
Tonigirl on Sage.
Different names in different places.
Always a tart.
[Jun 13, 2008 6:25:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sed729

I love how any alt every OBVIOUSLY is tied to PA. Really guys, there are lots of other people on Sage. Also, 1million PoE says that the forum alt you guys love you would hate if you knew who it was. (Vil keep hiding, it is your only chance!) =P

I DO NOT think outpaying to try and get even jobbing, or to just win at Admiral is necessarily bad at this point in time. I just think STARTING at 4k a seg sets a pretty ugly tone. But, Vil does make a good point and the distributing of PoE is a good thing. So there are pros and cons.

Also, as someone who DOES care about Admiral I do worry about what happens when someone like Wazzy or Boi gets their paws on it. Are we going to see a scuttle fest with loads of paving? Or are we going to see them take care of it?

The war of attrition should be amusing though. Welcome BTV to Sage and lets watch the pay wars go to Hunter level.
Beebe
Blar wrote: 

[Jun 13, 2008 6:52:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mads0001

You know what the solution is though, right? MOAR ALLIES!!!

Lets create some bastard-child of hunter and viridian... Because that's got fun written all over it.
rachaelj wrote: 

"your standing in patronising has gone up and is now respected in your archipelago"
spelling corrected by Mads(tm) :P
[Jun 13, 2008 7:02:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Poulsv

Want to give away poe?, make something more suitable like 1K segment, it is so obvious that they want to make LoL waste their resources.

Want to have a fair blockade? do you politics correctly, don't try going away trying to buy people and islands with your "hard" earned PoE, or mess around large islands doing whatever you want with them just because you want to earn more PoE.

I don't know but something is fishy here, attacking just large islands with such crazy blockade pay. As I said before it just "island buying". Also I find a bit fishy that we have not really direct replies from royals and monarch from the flag if I AM NOT WORNG. I have not checked around.

But whatever happens you must be sure that LoL will be there defending.
[Jun 13, 2008 7:31:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
daviddavison

Meh I think you should build a flag and then go get beat up by PA. Just kidding but seriously if you have to pay war to get an island I disagree, maybe more time on the political front works. HE went against SOS in a fairly paid blockade and jobbing went thier way. So just my thoughts on that one and if you start up the pay wars all you do is destroy some flags that actually worked hard to get where they are. Meh I am finished.
/e goes back to his Krak Rock to hide and build more ships to sink.

hehe
Joh to my friends Mr. Johanson to all others....

Building a new computer. So easy even a Joh can do it.

Nooblar only retired because he misses me playing.
[Jun 13, 2008 7:34:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 102   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates