• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 207
Posts: 207   Pages: 7   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 52343 times and has 206 replies Next Thread
Apollo
OceanMaster

Re: A Sailor's Yarn -- "Woolly" event for All Oceans [JUDGING IN PROGRESS] Reply to this Post

WHAM! <---- Just like that.

So... if we manage to win RL prizes, will you come to our door and wham us, big boy?
Sounds like a good plan.
[May 7, 2008 9:04:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Talisker

Re: A Sailor's Yarn -- "Woolly" event for All Oceans [JUDGING IN PROGRESS] Reply to this Post

So... if we manage to win RL prizes, will you come to our door and wham us, big boy?
Sounds like a good plan.

Awesome.
----------------------------------------
Leif
The Forums
Gunnermooch wrote: 
I can't respond because I do not understand what the hell you are talking about. Sorry.

Av by Ecastasy
[May 7, 2008 9:06:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
baast

NME wrote: 
Big Boy wrote: 

Wait.. shouldn't that have been disclosed. I mean. if I knew I was gonna get WHAMMED in person, my prize list order would be different......
Sassafras, on 5/7 4/5 oceans.
Barefoot in protest since 2003.

Will puzzle for wool.
[May 7, 2008 9:25:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://soapturtle.net [Link]  Go to top 
daleenmarine

Sounds like a good plan.

Awesome.

*cue "Leif's Yard" Shore Leave thread*
HuskerMike wrote: 
It feels like you're on a jihad against me.

Antix wrote: 
And if he turns out to be an innocent lets not remember that fact at all.

[May 7, 2008 10:49:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bmercury

NME wrote: 
Big Boy wrote: 

Wait.. shouldn't that have been disclosed. I mean. if I knew I was gonna get WHAMMED in person, my prize list order would be different......

I believe that's a WHOLE different prize list you've started there. :)
[May 9, 2008 8:25:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

Ok, so I finally just looked over all the entries (I am not a judge for this event) and WOW. Now Im glad I tossed my attempts into the fire, they totally sucked compared to some of the awesome artwork created here. Many of the woolies submitted show true time and effort and I hope you are all proud enough of your works to hang them on your walls at home for display.

M3, awesome event. I really hope you decide to run this one a second time.
Taco - teh one and only

Deer season hell, I'm waiting for stupid season to open.
[May 10, 2008 6:41:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

There have been a couple of queries on whether prize claims can now be moved to Malachite - I'm afraid not. It's just too shiny.
[May 10, 2008 7:02:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
camelama

Somehow, the idea of Apollo going around THWAPping people with their prizes, conjures up this mental image of a pirate flitting around in a pink tutu and a tiara. With a thwapping wand. Or stick. ("It's Whacking Day!")

Flit flit flit.

thwap thwap thwap.
"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving!"
-Auntie Mame
[May 11, 2008 9:45:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
baast

I was thinking he is gonna WHAM! folks with a stick. (Obviously......)

Will puzzle for wool.
[May 11, 2008 11:05:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://soapturtle.net [Link]  Go to top 
Zandia

I was thinking he is gonna WHAM! folks with a stick. (Obviously......)

...sounds........nevermind... o.O
Teh Eighth
[May 11, 2008 11:27:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Marfdasko

I'm so upset I missed this. And I had a brilliant idea for it too.
Marf on Midnight
[May 11, 2008 11:38:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
XEcastasy

If I won the RL prizes and knew Apollo was coming... the doorbell would ring, then I'd just duck the whap, and tackle him. Tie him up, throw him into my closet, and steal his identity! :o
Ecastasy of ... Cerulean

[May 11, 2008 11:39:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Teuts

If I won the RL prizes and knew Apollo was coming... the doorbell would ring, then I'd just duck the whap, and tackle him. Tie him up, throw him into my closet, and steal his identity! :o

Does that mean that you'll then be flitting around the world WHAMming suspecting individuals? Book me in at 11:00.

postCount++

<-- shows off new avatar
Teuts on Viridian
Compulsive Event Enterer
Rabbitfish development
Avatar by Foilbeard (andman). Won in "Crabs, puffers, jellies, oh my!" competition.
[May 11, 2008 1:35:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~jteu004/ [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

Ifn all you would do with Apollo after ya tied him up is toss him in yer closet you arent fit to get a WHAMing.
Taco - teh one and only

Deer season hell, I'm waiting for stupid season to open.
[May 11, 2008 6:39:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alondza

Is everyone proud of their new avatars?

I sure am :p
Alondza, Hunter Ocean
[May 11, 2008 10:58:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
soulfood

Can we start getting antsy about the judging now? Or should we wait until Saturday? :P
~Shannal~
SO Barnacle for Brains
Future Queen of Riot if things go my way...

Beautiful avatar made by Adida!
[May 13, 2008 11:29:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Deborah

I wouldn't suggest it. Several of the judges are currently tearing their hair out because it's so hard to choose winners. In fact, one judge has kindly offered to slice me into tiny little bits if I ever have her judge an event with entries of this caliber again. *grin* (I admit that I told her, "Next time enter the contest ... then I can't let you judge!")

--m3
Hermes says, "At any rate, I'm afraid I'll have to cede to your blockade, ladies. Business calls."
Madmarymeade says, "I think this means Rexe-Mary 2, OMs 0?"
Hermes says, "We go down easily."
[May 13, 2008 12:26:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
baast

I've been antsy since... well before I ever submitted. I am starting to get used to it at this point. :)

Will puzzle for wool.
[May 13, 2008 12:34:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://soapturtle.net [Link]  Go to top 
soulfood

Haha.

I in no way envy the judges their job. I have no idea how I'd pick a winner. I was really shocked by the quality of the entries. The time people must have put into these...true dedication!
~Shannal~
SO Barnacle for Brains

[May 13, 2008 10:22:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Talisker

Haha.

I in no way envy the judges their job. I have no idea how I'd pick a winner. I was really shocked by the quality of the entries. The time people must have put into these...true dedication!

The only reasonable solution is familiars for everyone.
Leif
The Forums
Gunnermooch wrote: 
I can't respond because I do not understand what the hell you are talking about. Sorry.

Av by Ecastasy
[May 14, 2008 9:09:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tearydaze

Haha.

The only reasonable solution is familiars for everyone.

i second that =D
Tearydaze on the Midnight Ocean
SO in Skellie Tears
Member of Dies Irae

Avvie made by Darkfaery
[May 14, 2008 7:22:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
baast

You know, I've hit that point where I am not sure I want the results to be posted.

I mean... sure, I am anxious, I want a lil pooflinger just like everyone else, but now when I check to see if the winners are posted, I am relieved when they aren't. Because then I haven't lost and the opportunity is still within reach, or someone else whom I thought did an awesome job hasn't lost.

It's almost like Christmas, and did you or didn't you get that Bronze and Beautiful Disco Barbie or did you get stuck with another Skipper doll?

Will puzzle for wool.
[May 15, 2008 1:15:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://soapturtle.net [Link]  Go to top 
NuttyB

You know, I've hit that point where I am not sure I want the results to be posted.

Nope, nope I can't wait for them to be posted :P I have been checking everyday,it's driving me crazy *laugh out loud*

But I do not envy the judges even a tiny bit!
Bluelagoon!
Goony and FO o' the crew Moonlight
[May 16, 2008 4:02:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Varthlokkur

That's just because they didn't have "choose a footwear item to be implemented in game" as a prize option :-)

Though, seriously, this is one of those competitions where I see more worthy entrants than I see prizes. Well done, everyone.
Vistr of Innocent, of Crimson Tide
- Midnight, the grudge-holding ocean
[May 16, 2008 5:19:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    craigld [Link]  Go to top 
archer_jed

/e hopes that everyone who entered will get a special trinket because the entries are trully lovely.. (special trinket like the one in the parrot painting along long time ago XD)
Nutella is so good :D.-Philippines/Jedoy
[May 22, 2008 1:39:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    archer_jed [Link]  Go to top 
Deborah

At long last, after heckling and stalking my judges and having them vow to never ever judge a contest again because of the sheer awesomeness of the entries, I have RESULTS!

1st: Ecastasy of Cobalt, Ginger Monkey
2nd: Jerze of Midnight, Leviathan Tooth
3rd: Hotohori of Sage, renamed vessel Woolly Sheephead (just for you, mate, we're swapping out the war brig and giving ye a longship in honor of your fine woolly!)
4th: Sweetzena of Midnight, White Sheep (with Black Face)
5th: Teuts of Viridian, Real Life Items -- kraken tote bag, playing cards (please PM Apollo with your full mailing address and he will arrange delivery. May include "Wham!")
6th: Feylind of Midnight, 2 Flag Tapestries (please specify colors to speed delivery, no black or gold)
7th: Scrim of Sage, Tree Tapestry
8th: Robinzebec of Viridian, Viking Clothes (please specify colors to speed delivery, no black or gold)
9th: Alondza of Hunter, Faux Weavery Package (please specify colors to speed delivery, no black or gold)
10th (a 4 way tie!): Lj of Midnight + Tearydaze of Midnight + Zandia of Midnight + Cassopia of Opal, a Needle and Thread package for each of ye!

Honorable Mentions (each will receive a spinning wheel): Athens of Hunter, Harpa of Sage, Slaybelle of Hunter, Isabellgrace of Midnight, Easternstar of Viridian, Sid of Cobalt, and Greenslope of Viridian

Those whose prizes require color specifications, please PM me as soon as possible.

Thanks to all who entered. I am simply blown away by the beauty of these projects. Special thanks to the judges and to Apollo for event tweaking and (future) Prize Delivery.

--m3
Hermes says, "At any rate, I'm afraid I'll have to cede to your blockade, ladies. Business calls."
Madmarymeade says, "I think this means Rexe-Mary 2, OMs 0?"
Hermes says, "We go down easily."
[May 23, 2008 7:52:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fireopal

Jealousy.
It was so much fun being a spectator and just watching the entries pour in, and I have to say m3 must have blown a few gaskets trying to decide the placements. Congratulations to everyone for making a tremendous effort! This event was awesome and definitely could use a sequel!
Salmagundi on Sage | Proxima on Malachite
The shoppe is closed for good.
Retired. I pay my dues to my mates.
[May 23, 2008 8:23:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jerze

Oh my, Oh my, Oh my

Firstly congratulations to Ecastasy - that's a fantastic action packed woolly. You so deserved that win.

2ndly - Mega congrats to the judges - what a tough, tough job.

3rdly - Congrats to all the other winners and entrants.

I'm thrilled to bits to win the tooth - I've wanted a rare furniture item for Ages and ages...and ages and ages.

Thank you Deborah
Jerze
British Bandits' Ambassador - Midnight Ocean
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in.

L Cohen 'Anthem'
[May 23, 2008 8:24:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
soulfood

Congratulations to everybody!!

I knew I didn't have a chance in hell at winning after seeing all the entries. But I'm happy to know so many people made such beautiful things that they almost killed the judges.

Congrats! :)

Thanks for the event, it was a lot of fun!
~Shannal~
SO Barnacle for Brains

[May 23, 2008 8:25:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BlackBeth

Wheee!! Congrats everyone. All the entries were awesome. And thanks M3, for the great contest.

For those who want to be able to see the winners easily, here's some links:

1st: Ecastasy of Cobalt
2nd: Jerze of Midnight
3rd: Hotohori of Sage
4th: Sweetzena of Midnight
5th: Teuts of Viridian,
6th: Feylind of Midnight
7th: Scrim of Sage
8th: Robinzebec of Viridian
9th: Alondza of Hunter
10th (a 4 way tie!): Lj of Midnight + Tearydaze of Midnight + Zandia of Midnight + Cassopia of Opal

Honorable Mentions: Athens of Hunter, Harpa of Sage, Slaybelle of Hunter, Isabellgrace of Midnight, Easternstar of Viridian, Sid of Cobalt, and Greenslope of Viridian
Feylind

Semi-retired Midnight Cerulean Event Addict
[May 23, 2008 8:27:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 207   Pages: 7   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates