• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 81
Posts: 81   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9512 times and has 80 replies Next Thread
Cedric

Re: Island Colonisation and Diamond Shoppes Reply to this Post

Hom asked that on the 1st page, and Cleaver asnwered. No 2nd islands. :)
----------------------------------------
Captain of the Yellow Jackets (Midnight)
Not to be taken internally (or seriously)
May cause rash
[Aug 25, 2003 1:32:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Maverick1701 [Link]  Go to top 
Penndalla

Hrm, aye. He asked, and Cleaver said the Emerald flags need a rest while other flags are established. I just want to clarify whether there is absolutely no chance of existing island flags getting second islands on this server. It will make a difference in how we use our resouces. I gather this is the case, but I want to be certain about it.
Pennsuedo

My art: http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Pennsuedo/?start=all
[Aug 25, 2003 2:18:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Pennsuedo/?start=all [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Penndalla wrote: 
I gather this is the case, but I want to be certain about it.

Consider yourself certain, mate.
[Aug 25, 2003 2:41:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest

Just me or is the dating totally screwy on this thread and maybe the whole forum? Nemo just posted one from July last year after a guy from 2003. AHHHHH I got it now! Nemo has a time machine!
[Aug 25, 2003 6:39:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
Ely

You're looking at the date when they registered on the forum, not when they posted.

^ Posted.

< Registered.
[Aug 25, 2003 6:42:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Ely114 [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest

Ok mates.
On the First page you said talking Bids on new Island... I need to know where to place my Bid, as I have not found it in the Search. Or is it by PM, please someone let me know. I am abought ready to start settleing.
[Aug 27, 2003 6:42:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
CustardBoy

Cleaver wrote: 

A number of Flags are now building up the strength to consider colonisation. We are amenable to this prospect and encourage them to submit expressions of interest to me at daniel@threerings.net Please include all salient details such as your Pirate name, crews in your flag (at least 3 credible crews), total resources in PoE (at least 100k+) and Pirates, and so forth. For now these will go on file, until we have new archipelagoes or decide to colonise more in Diamond, the former of which is most likely.

It's all there, Bobcat...
The Manipulator
[Aug 27, 2003 8:10:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
syndicate

Question regarding islands...

Is there a purchase of the island? Or is it merely a pledge to invest x amount of POE into the island? For example, say I were to apply and say we have 300k. Would that 300k be a payment for the island and we'd have to raise additional funds for the actual construction or is that 300k pledged towards expenses?

thanks,
syndicate
[Aug 28, 2003 2:31:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ely

It will cost you at least 100K plus materials to establish the colony, and that does not include shops. You'll have to invest money on top of the bid in order for your town to have shops.
[Aug 28, 2003 3:00:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Ely114 [Link]  Go to top 
ATG

It's a shame that flags from Emerald are out. Some islands are too small to build more shops there and some crews under the same flag just don't have a chance to build their share.

Grain.
[Aug 28, 2003 11:52:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Penndalla

Aye, and the Emerald "rest time" is more like time to stagnate. Wouldn't this have been a great time to test flag wars? Alas...
Pennsuedo

My art: http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Pennsuedo/?start=all
[Aug 29, 2003 1:50:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Pennsuedo/?start=all [Link]  Go to top 
meiadm

Penndalla wrote: 
Wouldn't this have been a great time to test flag wars?

and turn emerald into a free-for-all warzone ? this could end up messy...
Frizzan - Gone for good
[Aug 31, 2003 3:39:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tammo

Aye, but 'ere's an idea, mates. The messy part would be the new an' clueless types (like m'self) that would jus' get robbed in that type o' war zone. What if they was started out in the less developed ocean, an then were able ter move an explore the vast piratical universe that is azure? Anyhow, would it really be that much of a mess?

But this concept of starting out in the smaller ocean would add a kinda "movin' to the big city" type o' feel to the game. Imagine goin' from a wee little island such as wrasse an' knowin' only its types to pullin' inter alpha. That'd be a mighty cool experience, eh? Not only would it be cool, but it would also bring into sight the concept of limitless expansion that keeps us all playin'.
[Aug 31, 2003 6:03:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DaaMan

Ahoy Cleaver , finally got me a decent bit of POE and i was jest wondering if there are any spots for shoppe?s open?
Only evil on days that end in Y.
[Sep 4, 2003 3:17:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

Shops / Islands Reply to this Post

I would encourage you to talk to Emerald Governors for shops, or await the next wave of colonisation and get yerself into a flag making an island bid.

We hope to roll out some colonisation-friendly new archipelagoes next week.
[Sep 4, 2003 6:30:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

Penndalla wrote: 
Aye, and the Emerald "rest time" is more like time to stagnate. Wouldn't this have been a great time to test flag wars? Alas...

It would indeed, were we to have the incredible extra coders required... your time will come, Penn.
[Sep 4, 2003 6:31:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Cedric

So does this mean that no more of the diamond islands are going to be colonized now?
Captain of the Yellow Jackets (Midnight)
Not to be taken internally (or seriously)
May cause rash
[Sep 4, 2003 9:18:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Maverick1701 [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

Re: Shops / Islands Reply to this Post

Cleaver wrote: 
I would encourage you to talk to Emerald Governors for shops, or await the next wave of colonisation and get yerself into a flag making an island bid.

We hope to roll out some colonisation-friendly new archipelagoes next week.

I emailed you about a the chance of opening a shop just before you went away.. I assume then my email got lost in the.. er.. mail?
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Sep 4, 2003 9:58:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CustardBoy

Next Week? Well, I've waitied two weeks, might as well wait another...
The Manipulator
[Sep 4, 2003 10:08:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
queendaedra

Cleaver .. I sent you an email about our bid, hopefully to the right place and with the right information. My ISP has been booched all last week, but considering I did not get a return email I assume it went through :)
Daedra

Queen of the Black Plague
Captain of the First Circle of Hell

"Eternity has come and gone, and she still holds me true"
[Sep 4, 2003 10:39:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    queendaedra [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

Emails Reply to this Post

I'll be going through yer emails now.

BTW to clarify some things; these new islands (and the odd shoppe) are for newer crews and Flags that have not yet participated in colonisation. I don't really want to encourage existing flags to splinter massively.
[Sep 5, 2003 7:42:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
queendaedra

Re: Emails Reply to this Post

Cleaver wrote: 
I'll be going through yer emails now.

BTW to clarify some things; these new islands (and the odd shoppe) are for newer crews and Flags that have not yet participated in colonisation. I don't really want to encourage existing flags to splinter massively.

I would hate to have your inbox ha ha. I thank ye sir. I guess ye would consider us new? We don't have an island yet so in those terms aye we are lol.
Daedra

Queen of the Black Plague
Captain of the First Circle of Hell

"Eternity has come and gone, and she still holds me true"
[Sep 5, 2003 8:13:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    queendaedra [Link]  Go to top 
54x

New archipelagos, hmmm?

Ruby and Amethyst or something? :)
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Sep 6, 2003 2:27:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
meiadm

54x wrote: 
New archipelagos, hmmm?

Ruby, Jet and Coral.
Frizzan - Gone for good
[Sep 6, 2003 5:00:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

meiadm wrote: 
54x wrote: 
New archipelagos, hmmm?

Ruby, Jet and Coral.

How'd ya know?

Ruby I've heard of...
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Sep 6, 2003 5:13:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
meiadm

Oh ? - well I'm titled navigator, now, aren't I ? =P

[size=7]in reality I heard it off daedra... but the other reason was funnier
Frizzan - Gone for good
[Sep 6, 2003 5:25:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

How silly of me..

I really need a signature, don't I. :P
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Sep 6, 2003 5:50:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
meiadm

oh... yes... yes you do ;)
Frizzan - Gone for good
[Sep 6, 2003 5:56:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

This will do just fine. :)
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Sep 6, 2003 6:10:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
meiadm

nicely done milady ;)
Frizzan - Gone for good
[Sep 6, 2003 6:18:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 81   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates