• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 25
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3128 times and has 24 replies Next Thread
Mrbommb

how meany days of inactivitey Reply to this Post

if ure inactive how meany days till your deleted
[Feb 24, 2008 4:30:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
eguee

Re: how meany days of inactivitey Reply to this Post

You get generally around 3-6 weeks.
----------------------------------------
Everyone spells my
name incorrectly, it's a
g, and not a q.
You wrote: 
equee

Rightontime on Viridian
[Feb 24, 2008 7:20:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    I luv HWFO [Link]  Go to top 
SirCarl67

if ure inactive how meany days till your deleted

If you subscribe or by dubloons with real money however your pirate will never be deleted, so if you expect to be a way from the game (or in case you have to be) buying a few dubs is a good way of ensuring you keep your pirate.
Apollo tells ye "If you're ok for me to do one [bake-off], I'll go with that."
[Feb 24, 2008 10:35:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mrbommb

ok so if i buy dubloons in the game will it never be deleted and is there a vacation mode so they wont delete me after 5 weeks or more
[Feb 25, 2008 11:18:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

Pirates will not be purged (aka deleted) if you bought doubloons with actual dollars from three rings at least once (The smallest packet is only 3 dollars). Trading poe for doubloons in game does not count. And no there is no vacation mode, but currently the time before purging is 6 weeks. If that is too short for you, make sure your account is a paid one. Purging only happens on unpaid accounts.
Pleun,
First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya
[Feb 25, 2008 11:27:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mrbommb

oh well that just sucks i think there shud be a vacation mode becouse if im rich and i go away for more then 6 weeks i get deleted thats just dumb
[Feb 25, 2008 12:16:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
celiatr

oh well that just sucks i think there shud be a vacation mode becouse if im rich and i go away for more then 6 weeks i get deleted thats just dumb

Thats why, to prevent yourself from getting deleted due to dormacy. You can either subscribe for 1 month, or buy the smallest doubloon package with real money and your pirates will be safe until you decide to delete them.
Flutie
Midnight Cerulean Ocean

April 1, 2009 on Midnight Ocean [21:22:49] Eurydice broadcasts, "Okay, Flutie, this better be good."

ROMS ~ The Subforum/Dead Thread
[Feb 25, 2008 12:53:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ysanne007

It's not dumb at all. Three Rings doesn't care how rich your pirate is when it comes to purging, they think about server space and what it costs them.

Every account, and every pirate, as well as what they posess, takes up server space. If all the unpaid accounts weren't purged after going inactive for some time, all those dead accounts would take up a lot of space, costing them money.

It's not dumb not to want to waste money on accounts where people never even bothered to give them any money, it's logical business practice.

I bought doubloons on two accounts, eventually took a year and a half long break, and when I came back everything was just as I left them. So buying yourself the smallest doubloon package is definitely the way to go id you plan on taking an extensive break.
Neerie of the Hunter Ocean
Formerly known as Reenie and Maeve on Viridian.
[Feb 26, 2008 7:32:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sammydrisc

Question of my own here, If I asked for a 6 week suspension, would I not get purged from the system in that time? I thought I heard somewhere that banned/suspended pirates are rarely purged.
Treewarf of Hunter and Malachite.
[Feb 28, 2008 2:37:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

Question of my own here, If I asked for a 6 week suspension, would I not get purged from the system in that time? I thought I heard somewhere that banned/suspended pirates are rarely purged.

Suspensions are usually not long enough for purging to take place. But a ban or suspension does not stop purging. There are plenty of cases, some posted here on the forums, of people trying to banplead after their pirates having been purged. In those cases there's no record left of why this person was banned or suspended, so their case can not be reviewed anymore.

So if you were going to ask for a suspension, you'd also have to specifically ask if they could keep you pirates from being purged as well. I do remember Liz doing that for someone once, but if they say they can't or won't do that, you'll have to either make your account a paid one, or limit the length of the suspension.
Pleun,

[Feb 28, 2008 3:08:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vorky

There are plenty of cases, some posted here on the forums, of people trying to banplead after their pirates having been purged.

It's not the pirates being purged that caused them not being able to review the case, but the fact that the people had deleted the account (probably in an attempt to get around the ban and to create a new account).
[Feb 28, 2008 4:35:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dorby

but the fact that the people had deleted the account

I thought we couldn't delete accounts? just Pirates
Coteaz - Everywhere!
[Feb 28, 2008 4:52:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vorky

but the fact that the people had deleted the account

I thought we couldn't delete accounts? just Pirates

You can't delete accounts anymore, you used to be able too.
[Feb 28, 2008 5:05:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

There are plenty of cases, some posted here on the forums, of people trying to banplead after their pirates having been purged.

It's not the pirates being purged that caused them not being able to review the case, but the fact that the people had deleted the account (probably in an attempt to get around the ban and to create a new account).

There used to be a lot of those, aye, but there's also enough people waiting to long with banpleading and not being able to get a review anymore because they got their pirates purged.
Pleun,

[Feb 29, 2008 9:17:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mrbommb

so if thay delete u do they delete ya account or just your pirate
[Feb 29, 2008 12:58:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

Only the pirates get deleted, your account will never be deleted, unless you ask for it specifically. So any doubloons you have, they will still be there whenever you come back.
Pleun,

[Feb 29, 2008 1:01:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bubblesalt

This is slightly off topic, but i would just like to know, if one buys a 'Box Set' does that count in the same way as buying dubs to save your account from being deleted? thanks.
Bubbleboy on the Virdian Ocean.
[Feb 29, 2008 1:09:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
celiatr

Nope, I dont think it does because the box set was sold via Ubisoft and not through OOO. Bonus of box set is free 1 month sub, free inheritance (hat or sword) and the offline version. Thats all.
Flutie
Midnight Cerulean Ocean

April 1, 2009 on Midnight Ocean [21:22:49] Eurydice broadcasts, "Okay, Flutie, this better be good."

ROMS ~ The Subforum/Dead Thread
[Feb 29, 2008 1:17:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demeter
OceanMaster

Just seen this, sorry for the late reply.

Activating the CD key for the box set will prevent your account from being deleted.
"Demeter is sneeeaky." Trickykid

[Mar 7, 2008 5:37:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bubblesalt

Thank you :)
I still had this in my Watch, hoping for someone to answer. Thanks again!
[Mar 7, 2008 11:55:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tamtitam

So if I'm an ex-subscriber and I'm on vacation for over six weeks, will my characters get purged?
- Catie on Midnight
[Edit 1 times, last edit by tamtitam at Mar 8, 2008 9:25:53 AM]
[Mar 8, 2008 9:25:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bubblesalt

Sorry, but im too stupid to know what purged is ^_^. but im guessing it means saved. and so that means yes. lol
[Mar 8, 2008 9:27:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

Sorry, but im too stupid to know what purged is ^_^. but im guessing it means saved. and so that means yes. lol

Purging is the deleting of pirates on unpaid accounts after a certain amount of inactivity. May i suggest either looking up what something means, or not answering, just to avoid giving wrong answers?

So if I'm an ex-subscriber and I'm on vacation for over six weeks, will my characters get purged?

If you were subscribed once, your pirates will never be subject to purging. Once an account has been paid for at some point, no matter now long ago, and how much or little money was spend, the account is marked as paid, and safe from purging forever.
Pleun,

[Mar 8, 2008 12:13:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scrappyilse

This includes having had a gift subscription from someone else. If you have gotten that, your pirate will not be deleted either.
~regards, Ilse~
Aye, me pirate's life is wonderful!
Obsidian Ocean:
Scrapper
[Mar 9, 2008 3:47:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ilsemul.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Mrbommb

thats cool enyway im back in the game now after 3 weeks and ive not bin purged
[Mar 13, 2008 7:27:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates