• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 43
Posts: 43   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 35231 times and has 42 replies Next Thread
CraftingProj

GCPP Proposal Status Board (Round Two) - Finished round Reply to this Post

Round 2 is Finished! Round 3 will start in October.

The various puzzle proposals for Round Two are posted here, as a quick summary of which proposals have reached at least "nomination" stage. Round One Status Board is available for reference.

Phase Six: Feedback and Judging (Round Two) In Progress!
Carp : (Furnishing/Construction) Designer: Tanonev; Arrtist: Tanonev; Programmer: Tanonev Play now!

Guppy : (any, really) Designer: Tcarr, Cloverwood; Arrtist: Cloverwood(?); Programmer: Tcarr Play now!

Haddock : (Weaving) Designer: Tirix/Rakham; Programmer: Tirix/Rakham; Arrrrtist: KingPriam Play now!

Halibut (Tailor) Designer: jdnx429; Arrtist: jdnx429; Programmers: Skovran Play now!

Loosejaw : (Furnisher) Designer: jdnx429; Arrtist: jdnx429; Programmers: jdnx429 Play now!

Mackerel : (Weaving) Designer: Tcarr; Arrtist: Benzene265; Programmer: Tcarr Play now!

Platy : (Weaving) Designer: Fiddler, Arrtist: jdnx429, Programmers: jdnx429 Play now!

Redband : (Tailor) Designer: Darkviper; Artists : Darkviper, Salmon; Programmer: Endolf Play now!

Snook : (Tailor) designer: Patetch; arrrtist: Patetch/Tcarr; programmers: Tcarr Play now!

Phase Five: Testing, Feedback, and Polishing
Nibbler : (Foraging, cooperative) Designer: tcarr; Arrtist: (some by Pletoo, Piplicus, Tcarr); Programmer: tcarr Play now!

Shad : (Weaving) Designer: equee ; Arrtist: ???; Programmer: tanonevPlay now!

Phase Four: Code the Game
Pike : (Foraging) Designer: McGarvery; Artist: McGarvery; Programmer: McGarvery

Flounder : (Weaving) Designer: Cedricshock/Sweetums; Arrtist: ?????; Programmers: Cedricshock/Sweetums

Perch : (Weaving) Designer: McGarvery; Artist: McGarvery; Programmer: McGarvery

Corydoras : (Construction) Designer: Dismissed/Leetness; Artist: Dismissed/Leetness; Programmer: Dismissed/Leetness
----------------------------------------
[Edit 24 times, last edit by CraftingProj at Sep 12, 2007 7:39:03 PM]
[Apr 10, 2007 11:45:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
onewishkevin

Re: GCPP Proposal Status Board (Round Two) Reply to this Post

So uhh, how do ye participate here again?
Onewish of Admiral on Sage Ocean

Eigengrau on Viridian
Redbloodwolf on Hunter

[May 21, 2007 2:04:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CraftingProj

Most people participating will need to read the Testers Briefing . Play the games, then provide feedback on the thread for that game (so that we can keep the relevant information in the right place).

You can also participate by being a designer, artist, or programmer. See rules and guidelines for designers. Artists and programmers should read the proposal threads and then volunteer to help one that looks interesting, that doesn't already have an artist or programmer.

If you are here mostly because you want the Unchiseled Potential trophy, then you need to either give significant useful feedback on several different games, or else be designer/artist/programmer for one or more games that get coded.
[May 21, 2007 8:46:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

Re: Games Reply to this Post

I think most of them are really complicated and no fun at all... this decision will be hard to choose. I think they should be more worked on. Also its pretty bad graphics...like that I could even make some games myself...(that is not a good thing obviously) Work on graphics cause they call attention, also work on game style. Most of all you have to have fun.

/e quietly points to the Tester's briefing thread which states:

A few things to ignore:
Graphics, sound, animation. If a game is chosen for YPP, then the Ringers will add these. (If the graphics are making it difficult for you to play the game, please say so!)

Please remember that these are prototype versions, often things such as graphics had to be sacrificed in order to get it to a playable state as quickly as possible. Controls may also be limited by the program language they were written in. If the graphics make it difficult to see the board or distinguish the pieces, then we do need to hear that.

And, as Tanonev has already mentioned, each proposal has its own feedback thread. You are encouraged to post there, just remember specifics are a little more helpful than general statements. Feel free to include any ideas or suggestions you think might help.
Pletoo of Sage
[Jul 12, 2007 5:10:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Samhattangad

So is the time for giving ideas over??
Samarth on Hunter Ocean
[Jul 30, 2007 10:35:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CraftingProj

It's too late to submit a brand new proposal and get it coded for Round Two, but we plan on having a Round Three start shortly after Round Two finishes. This means that you can start working on a Round Three proposal now and get a head start.
[Jul 30, 2007 11:10:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Samhattangad

So what is round three??
Samarth on Hunter Ocean
[Aug 1, 2007 4:27:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CraftingProj

In Round One we had proposed games for iron mongery, weaving, tailor, and furnishing. OOO picked one of them (Knightfish) to be the new IM puzzle.

In Round Two we have proposed games for weaving, tailor, and furnishing. OOO is supposed to pick one of them to be the next crafting puzzle.

Round Three will have games for whichever two industries are left after Round Two.

If we continue with GCPP then eventually we will have a puzzle for each industry, plus construction and possibly even foraging.
[Aug 1, 2007 4:38:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Samhattangad

So once the next puzzle comes out(Cant wait), Round three really starts? And we give ideas for the remaining puzzles?

Thanx
Samarth on Hunter Ocean
[Aug 1, 2007 4:57:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tcarr

Round Three can "really start" as soon as the industry for the next puzzle is announced. For example: even if the devs are having a hard time deciding which of three weaving puzzles will be the one chosen, if they know it's going to be weaving and tell us that, then we can concentrate on furnishing and tailoring.

Hopefully the decision for Round Two will be reached in far less time than it took the Round One decision to be announced.
LordKalvan of Otherwhen, all oceans but mostly Midnight
[Aug 1, 2007 5:30:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bia
OceanMaster

Hopefully the decision for Round Two will be reached in far less time than it took the Round One decision to be announced.

That is the desire. While the developers are likely to remain busy whether or not there are GCPP puzzles for them to look at and consider, they will hopefully not be quite as busy as they were for the first six months of this year.
[Aug 1, 2007 6:50:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
huggy_kitten

I'm not sure if this is the place to suggest a game desing, but I'll suggest it anyway. It's for weaving and/or tailoring. Most likely weaving.Anway, here it is:
You begin with 6 or more lines of strings, like so (Depends on amout in order);
| | | | | |
| | | | | |
| | | | | |
| | | | | |
You get various peices of colors and positions, like so:
- = Top bridge
_= Bottom Bridge
\ = Left Up+Right Down
/ = Left Down+Right Up
Colors (Usuing these symbols for an example);
R(Red),T(tan),G(grey),Y(yellow),P(pink),V(Violet),U(Purple),N(navy),B(blue),A(aqua),L(Lime),E(green),O(orange),W(white),C(Black),M(maroon),Y(brown),D(gold)
There would be normal orders, and you would have to fill them, like in a regular craftine puzzles.
How you play:
There would be an example of what you had to do, but it would only be there for a short amount of time.You would have to copy it on the board (Strings) as best you could.You would score and complete the game when you completed a couple boards.
Example of playing game:
Example;
_R \T /G \G /T -R
-B \Y /Y \Y /Y _B
_E /E \E /Y \Y -Y
-M \B /M \B /M _B
And, like I said you would have to copy it.I think I explained it the best I could, so before my finger go numb, I'm gonna gonna go play the game. Hope you like my idea!!!
Jaya now is Jerae
---------------------
[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b272/mepe/PPunderline.jpg[/IMG]
[Aug 9, 2007 2:13:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CraftingProj

This thread is not the place to propose new puzzles.

Please read Round 2 Project Rules and Guidelines for instructions on how to post your proposed puzzle.
[Aug 9, 2007 3:12:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CraftingProj

I removed Pickerel from the round 2 status board per designer's request.

Mackerel changed to Phase 6.

Designers/coders, please when your code is stable let me know so I can mark your project as Phase 6. This needs to be done no later than Sunday August 19th if you want your tailor/weaving/furnishing puzzle to be considered in Round 2.
[Aug 16, 2007 5:51:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CraftingProj

Moved Redband and Halibut to Phase 6, per request of their respective designers.
[Aug 17, 2007 3:45:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ilyarus2004

Who won Round 2?
Ilya on most of the oceans,
Russian on Midnight.

Hypnos tells ye, "i burn u"

Avatars by Silverransom, Domokun, Shortyjack and Tilinka!
[Sep 22, 2007 7:27:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CraftingProj

Winner has not yet been determined. Please note that Round 1 finished in January, and the winner was announced in April. We hope to have a winner selected more quickly with Round 2, but it will still likely take several more weeks.
[Sep 22, 2007 8:31:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
eguee

aww man CraftingProj you spelt my name wrongly
Everyone spells my
name incorrectly, it's a
g, and not a q.
You wrote: 
equee

Rightontime on Viridian
[Sep 24, 2007 4:18:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    I luv HWFO [Link]  Go to top 
bronzebeard

Winner has not yet been determined. Please note that Round 1 finished in January, and the winner was announced in April. We hope to have a winner selected more quickly with Round 2, but it will still likely take several more weeks.

Any update? Seems to be takin' longer.
Peglegpaul
[Jan 10, 2008 2:15:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tanonev

Perhaps Round 3 will start in October 2008? :P
Tanonev on all oceans; currently exploring Meridian.
Puppetar by Tilinka
[Jan 10, 2008 12:41:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.alpha-slash.com [Link]  Go to top 
Cephalopod
Developer

Hoy mates, sorry this took so long to post. Mea Culpa; things were nearly sorted out enough for a public statement as December drew to a close, and next thing you know, folks were on holiday, I got sick (again? I got sick last time I was supposed to post, too. Am I allergic to the GCPP?), various other secrets started absorbing my time, and next thing you know, a month's gone by and I haven't posted anything.

But the long awaited announcement? We've decided to go forth with adapting two proposals to be brought into Puzzle Pirates: Haddock as weaving, and Platy as tailoring. Big congratulations to all who helped with those puzzles.

That said, we have quite a few projects on our plates already at this point, so I can't offer a timeline for when to expect to see anything arriving on Ice.

And I'd also like to give a big thank you to everyone who's been involved with the GCPP though; you guys have been putting in a ton of effort, and producing some really great work. I know we haven't been posting enough feedback, but we really all do appreciate the hard work you guys have been putting into this.

And now I need to be getting back to my hampster wheel. Cheers!
[Jan 23, 2008 2:21:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
seb_long_uk

The heartiest of congratulations to the winning teams, good job mates!
Domokun
Avatar by the incredible Tilinka
[Jan 23, 2008 3:17:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    My other sloop is a Gold/Gold rename [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

Congrats to the winning proposals.

This has me intrigued:

various other secrets started absorbing my time

Pletoo of Sage
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Patetch at Jan 23, 2008 3:44:41 PM]
[Jan 23, 2008 3:34:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

Congratulations to Tirix and Kingpriam for their work on Haddock. Also, a hearty thank you from me to JD, Lordkalvan, all the testers who helped refine Platy into what it is, and of course Bia, Cephalopod and the rest of the Dread Ringers. I'm truly honored that Platy was selected and I'm giddy at the thought of seeing it included in Puzzle Pirates. I'll probably peak out at Renowned.

Now, by my count we still have a furnishing puzzle to create. Let's get cracking mates.
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Jan 23, 2008 9:43:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
Serpentiator

Let's get cracking mates.

Cracking! Eggs! It's a yolk! A running yolk! Hahahahaha!

PS: Copied of Apollo (<3)

On a more serious note:

Congratulations! I knew kicking the Devs in the Blog forum would pay off in some way XD

Now, I am off to try these puzzles a lot, as it might be a good idea to master them for a lot of expert labour:P
- Archonis
Damagon said:

There is nothing sweeter than making fun of those who PNT by mistake.

[Jan 24, 2008 12:21:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bronzebeard

Ah, at last! Good to see two puzzles getting made if there were two good enough (but given Haddock seems much the same as in round 1, I don't know why the decision to choose two wasn't made then). Haddock grew on me after playing more so I think it will make a good puzzle. Platy I never really got into, but seemed quite original. I'm looking forward to them both now.
Congratulations to both the teams!
Peglegpaul
[Jan 24, 2008 3:32:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

:O I'll have to sub again!

I suppose it makes sense to take twice as long if you choose two puzzles, sick or not. Also, it looks like I'll have to rethink Gall unless I call it Upholstering >.>
A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!
[Jan 26, 2008 9:50:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
micklauer

I can't belive Haddock finally got picked! That's so awesome!

Question: Do the team members (Tirix and I) have any say in the future release of the puzzle? Or is it simply in the hands of the devs to be designed and altered as they see fit?

Thanks!

kp
Devout follower of Apollo
d(-_^) Blackhat Approved
[Edit 1 times, last edit by micklauer at Feb 13, 2008 1:24:38 PM]
[Feb 13, 2008 1:24:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tcarr

If I remember correctly, Aenor/Mat didn't get any change to give input on the blacksmithing puzzle until it was already on Ice and everybody was giving feedback there.
LordKalvan of Otherwhen, all oceans but mostly Midnight
[Feb 13, 2008 3:05:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
micklauer

Word. And it doesn't appear Tirix has said anything, I'll email him. Just to let him know what's up.

kp
Devout follower of Apollo
d(-_^) Blackhat Approved
[Feb 13, 2008 4:15:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 43   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates