• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5809 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Dude461204

Rum Conversion Graph Reply to this Post

I got tired of the price of rum and heard that you could stock your ship for less with swill and grog; you only needed to buy more. So, I got about figuring out the rum:grog and rum:swill ratios. Once I had those, I got tired of always having to do the math. Finally, I got smart and graphed the conversions. The graphs tell you what the equivalence of swill/grog is too rum and allows you to compare all three at the same time. You can convert a little more than 300 swill and grog with the scale on this graph. If any conversion >300 of each are needed, let me know and I will adjust the scale for you. :)

Here's the link for you so you don't have to bumble through this mass they call the internet:
http://saalnypp.googlepages.com/rumgraph.jpg

------------
Saaln (Cobalt Ocean)
Moneen (Cobalt Ocean)
----------------------------------------
Saaln (Cobalt, Midnight, and Ice Oceans)
Moneen (Cobalt Ocean)
[Nov 19, 2007 3:59:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dylan

Re: Rum Conversion Graph Reply to this Post

Except that the only difficult part is the multiplication, and it isn't even difficult.

All you need to do is learn to divide by 10 and by 2, and to add or subtract the results.

For example, if Rum costs 74, then the par price for grog and swill is 74/2 +/- 74/10 = 37 +/- 7 = 44 and 30.

Whether to get grog or swill, if they are worth it, is even easier. If the difference between the two is more than half the price of swill, just buy swill; otherwise grog.
[Nov 19, 2007 4:20:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kinocha

Bah. Why make it complicated Dylan ;)

The Rum calculator

You just put in the prices of rum and swill and grog at are at offer, and you get to see what is cheapest.
Kinocha, Senior Officer of White Rose under the flag Blood and Roses on Midnight Ocean

Avatar by the amazing Koalarocker
[Nov 19, 2007 5:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dude461204

Meh, all the math gets tiring eventually for me and I'm sure it does for others.

As for that Rum Calculator, when I got the idea for this graph, I had absolutely no knowledge of one existing.

Everyone has a different preference of how they convert rum, so the more publicly available options there are, the better it will be. I've tried the math way, I don't like it that much. Both the graphed way and the calculator are good simple tools. The graph shows it as lines (which will allow you to make changes without having to retype anything), whereas the calculator gives numbers. Actually, when I read your reply and checked out this rum calculator, Kinocha, it confused me a bit :P. They're all good way of converting though, just different. :)

------------
Saaln (Cobalt Ocean)
Moneen (Cobalt Ocean)
Saaln (Cobalt, Midnight, and Ice Oceans)
Moneen (Cobalt Ocean)
[Nov 19, 2007 8:34:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates