• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 104
Posts: 104   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 32101 times and has 103 replies Next Thread
Candiice

Re: 1st Round Closed Reply to this Post

New Deadline: September 1st
----------------------------------------
LilCandi
Viridian Ocean
Cindderella says, "You seem tense. GO GET LAID!"
Ladyselwick says, "Oh dear! Lets have a cup of tea and everything will be fine!"
WGGB
[Aug 24, 2007 10:19:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ray_Leo

Re: [Entry Thread] Dolly Catastrophe - Artistic Event Reply to this Post

Pirate: Sharkiez
Ocean: Sage
Om chosen: Oceanus
Why I like the OM?
He is a cute OM, he look like Santa Claus wearing a blue outfit. He look tough and strong with his uncovered chest and Navy is my favourite colour. : p

This is the little Oceanus with his little octopus.

This is the link to the larger image.
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q18/sharkiez/oceanusd1.png
Sharkiez, Sage
My first comic
[Aug 26, 2007 2:43:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
merethif

Merethif of Viridian Ocean

Here Ye have dolly version of Poseidon and Nugget. I like his regal yet easy-going looks. beside it is good to know that ocean I'm sailing is ruled by this well-disposed Poseidon not the mythological one.

Full version of image can be find here:

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w182/merethif/PuzzlePirates/poseidon_doll.jpg

___
Merethif of Viridian Ocean
Novice/Able at Poker and proud of it!
Vacation avatar by Empanado
[Aug 26, 2007 11:32:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sh_ards

The sky was dark and the seas were throwing about heavy waves, dancing to the sound of the distant thunder. On the lone ship out at sea, meself and the crew I was woefully jobbed unto trudged along at a snail's pace, expecting death at every turn. The trek was harrowing and merciless but our well deserved booty lay locked in the bowels of the ship awaiting our return to shore.*

"lets port an split botty!" cried one poorly educated cabin boy.

Silence was the response. The officer in charge chose not to answer the ruffian.

"Cap'n," another greenie braves, this one sounding like he knew grammar, "how much longer?"

Again nothing.

An eerie quiet fell over the small sloop when suddenly there were gasps all around. The officer...

...had disappeared.

Or logged off. Whichever. Either way he didn't come back.

Fearful and paranoid chatter ensued!

Unable to stand the greenie-speak, I hastily petitioned my desperate plea for help, and *poof!* before I knew it there was Eurydice in all her glory on the very same deck! She flew us to port because she is MAGICAL and split the booty. Yay for her!

So... this is why I drew Eurydice! She saved my booty from greenies many ages ago! I shall never forget. <3

Big version: http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i178/sh_ards/eurydice_smalluncoloured-1.png

*dramatization
[Aug 27, 2007 7:52:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
FinchSparrow

Name: Roseash
Ocean: Viridian
OM: Nemesis
Who couldn't adore Nemesis? She may try to hide behind an image of harshness and ferocity, but all fellow pirates know she be a soft wench at heart.
Picture modelled on her Cobalt portrait
Linky to full image

Roseash on Viridian
[Aug 28, 2007 3:22:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
N_o_v_a

Phillite of Sage
Doll of Apollo

Big Version
I decided to play with a bit of line-less art time time, creating my 'Apollodoll' or 'Adollo' (I haven't really decided). I tried to weave in some symbolism, so if the internet hasn't failed me, I should have it correct. :) The most obvious symbol if the yarn ball with pins in it being the sun, as well as the harp on his back. The target sort of tattoo on his stomach it the symbol of the sun, the necklace the symbol of philosophy, and the scales are the symbol of law. The serpent has something to do with healing. I think there's some stuff I probably missed, but I don't believe it matters anyway. :P
Phillite, Emerald
[Aug 29, 2007 3:36:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
liviola

Avera, Sage.

[Full size]

Poseidon, the subject of my first in-game OM sighting! I chose to draw this oceanmaster because I like his grey beard. And my starsign is associated with his mythological counterpart. And I think anyone with a solid gold octy on their shoulder should immediately qualify as awesome.
~~~ Avera, Sage Ocean ~~~
The Lost Lot's crew KB drinker.
[Aug 29, 2007 5:56:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SilveRansom

Silveransom on Sage

Hypnos

Hypnos is the "god of sleep", so this is a tribute to the guy, in hope of actually getting some sleep. This is a life-size (almost) dolly for those times when Hypnos just has to go take a nap or something.

More that that, though, the person behind the pirate has proven to be kind, funny, and a possessor of keen insight into the workings of Three Rings. The Hypnos blog is a great peek behind the scenes, and as an artist in the game industry, I appreciate that peek.

Besides, how could you not like that YPPedia entry description of his voice?

(Plain version)

Small size
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/SilverwingsArt/YPP%20Drawings/HypnosSmall.png

Medium size
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/SilverwingsArt/YPP%20Drawings/HypnosMed2.png
Silveransom
makes art like this or this &
Blender Eggs!
[Edit 5 times, last edit by SilveRansom at Aug 31, 2007 10:24:41 AM]
[Aug 31, 2007 1:15:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/ [Link]  Go to top 
Charrmed

the dolly is here -- http://bmeworld.com/guagegrl/piratedoll.jpg
and the avatar is here
http://bmeworld.com/guagegrl/piratedollava.jpg

I don't really have any experiences with any of the OM's so I didn't really know who to choose. I finally chose Aphrodite, because I see her on quite often when I am on, plus I love the name! Legend says "Aphrodite" was born from the sea....so she must have the right stuff to be an Ocean Master. Charrity
[Aug 31, 2007 8:57:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lilymoon

Dolly Catastrophe Round 3 entry Reply to this Post

Pirate: Faeree
Ocean: Sage
Ocean Master: Thalia

I chose Thalia for several reasons. Firstly, she is the only OM I've had any contact with and when she went around and had 'challenge Thalia' events on my ocean, I was impressed with the way she interacted with the YPP players. Regardless of if they were Ultimate pirates, greeters, greenies and even those like me -a regular pirate- she treated them with patience, respect and a bit of humor! That's a great combination!!

Then when I was reading up on the actual goddess Thalia and found out she is one of the graces who infuse good humor and she's known for her comedy and poetry I was even more impressed that our YPP Thalia fit the description of the Thalia from Wikipedia!

On top of all that, when looking at her portraits I noticed she did her character in black/white/grey/red, which happens to be my crew colors, so I tried to depict Thalia and her 'domain' in this color choice as well as showing her providing "Good Humor" to all YPP players (pink greeters, yellow pirates and green newbies).

Full Image Link
Faeree ~ Illustrious Wanderer on all oceans ~
Avvie by Tilinka!
Apollo wrote: 
(Is it wrong that I'm now just a tiny bit in love with Faeree's brother?)

[Aug 31, 2007 12:29:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Faeree [Link]  Go to top 
Candiice

New deadline is September 2nd, 11 AM game time!
LilCandi
Viridian Ocean
Ladyselwick says, "Oh dear! Lets have a cup of tea and everything will be fine!"
WGGB
[Aug 31, 2007 12:40:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cambiata

A hard task you set for us this time, oh great dolly masters. But with a little bit of persistence I managed to find myself a Ocean Master. Because of her great capacity to love Aphrodite makes one of the most adorable dolls. A doll is meant to be loved and as that is what Aphrodite does best it is only natural that she was eventually "mortalized" as a doll.

I found her one day sitting by the beach. She had left all her good clothes at home as she was paddling her toes in a small tidal pool. Her octopus Milo was not around (i think he had gone for a swim) so it was not to hard to capture her, as she watched the star fish in the pool, and make her into a doll. In honor of her absent familiar the background is based off of the Venus de Milo, but as our adorable OM is now a doll I am afraid that the clam shell seems a little bigger than in the original painting... full view of the lovelyest doll of all

Link to the avatar
Cambiata,
~Currently pillaging the Obsidian Ocean~
from the Viridian (now Meridian) ocean

[Sep 1, 2007 8:59:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://cambiata.deviantart.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
chazchazy

I drew Nemesis because I see her quite often on Midnight, and she is one of my favorites. Everytime I see Nemesis she's always changing her pirate's appearance - which I find is pretty cool. ^.^ She is a very kind OM, and I just really like her name. XD

Original image(This is what she looks like usually in her portraits):
http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/986/omdollsmallyz6.jpg
Larger version of image:
http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/1323/omdolllargefd0.jpg

and finally...enjoy! :D
[Sep 1, 2007 12:36:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Candiice

Round 3 is over!
LilCandi
Viridian Ocean
WGGB
[Sep 2, 2007 6:48:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 104   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates