• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 1394
Posts: 1394   Pages: 47   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 361826 times and has 1393 replies Next Thread
Big_Brother

Re: Trophy Suggestion Thread Reply to this Post

Trophy for winning a familiar?
----------------------------------------
Tutankhamun and Ramesses on all oceans

Run at me
[Jun 15, 2007 3:23:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RingRopes

Trophy for winning a familiar?

you already get a familiar why do you need a trophy as well? bear in mind winning a familiar is subjective.

which of these would you get the trophy for?

winning a familiar tournament
winning a Bakeoff and being traded a familiar by an OM
winning a player event and being traded a familiar
winning an auction and being traded the familiar by an OM
winning an auction and being traded the familiar by a player

bear in mind familiars can be "won" by being successful enough to pay for one.
Bangorian
SO, Your Worst Nightmare
Lord, Hardcore Explorers
Sage
[Jun 15, 2007 6:21:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ally_1994

how abt a trophy for succesfully completeing labour 1000 times
scorpian of the cobalt ocean!!

atomic of the viridian ocean!!!

the sail master:b

the best of sailors!!
[Jun 19, 2007 3:19:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RingRopes

how abt a trophy for succesfully completeing labour 1000 times

do you mean completing a paid labour puzzle?
offline labour? If so wouldn't this just be a trophy for 41 full days of labour/ so 1 and a half badges?

Other than a way to spot labour alts i don't see why this would be worth showing?
Bangorian
SO, Your Worst Nightmare
Lord, Hardcore Explorers
Sage
[Jun 20, 2007 10:55:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Varthlokkur

Flag level trophies, such as for winning BK blockades (by round or blockade)?
Vistr of Innocent, of Crimson Tide
- Midnight, the grudge-holding ocean
[Jun 20, 2007 10:59:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    craigld [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

Muroni wrote: 
Perhaps a shiny trophy for completing 75 pillages where you fought in 6 battles or more, with another level at 150 or something, and the big shiny level at 300. Something that folks can see before they job you, to speak of your reputation as a loyal jobber.
Substitute your own numbers, obviously.
Selling my Grunion Collection!
174 ships, 164 sloops, ALL GRUNIONS!
[Jun 21, 2007 8:48:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
mads0001

How about a trophy for earning say, 10k as a jobber, and maybe another for 100k, (yes, bang howdy inspired :P)

Might be some incentive for people to get out there on pillages and earn some cash. I think that ought to be purely based on the income as a jobber, not including restock profits etc.
rachaelj wrote: 

"your standing in patronising has gone up and is now respected in your archipelago"
spelling corrected by Mads(tm) :P
[Jun 22, 2007 9:09:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bluebudd

what bout a trophy for having logged in for more than a day?
the trophy would look like a cold pizza (no pizza for you!) or a really sore eye...
[Jun 23, 2007 8:12:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Axxendal

What about for loading two cannons (on the same board) simultaneously? (Complete two cannons at the same time) Ye can't do three at once (only 2 of each piece in play) and it does take some skill...only it takes alot of luck, and I think would be rather difficult to achieve it intentionally...
Axxendal on Sage--S.O of Your Worst Nightmare

Lexdex on Sage-- S.O of Your Worst Nightmare

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a couple of hours; light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
[Jun 25, 2007 12:39:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Serpentiator

I was thinking of a Trophy for being in a Flag who's island was Defended successfully against a brigand king.

Yes I know this one would be given to a LOT of members... so maybe only Royalty of the flag?! Anyways I think the feat(lol@difficulties1-3) should be awarded a trophy:)
- Archonis
Damagon said:

There is nothing sweeter than making fun of those who PNT by mistake.

[Jun 25, 2007 12:59:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
youngthink

*trophy for killing the last green BK in the floti thereby making it move--> or maybe this could be a trinket... ATM there is no reason to actually beat a floti other than braging rights (not that big of a deal) or to make it move from an island you want to protect (not that big of a deal as the cade's are pretty easy up til now).

*some random trophy for ultra-experienced sailor (like a rainbow pinwheel?) & carpers (a golden hammer?) (like bilger's boots/golden gun)

*a trophy having all routes memmed

* PVP trophy's for # of wins (1 at 5 wins/15 wins/30 wins... like skellies but not at 10, 25, 100)

* trophey for being achieving admerial in a navy

Another cool idea would be some kind viral trophey from SF or Rumble... starts after someone wins a OM tourny they get this trophey... then if that person is beat in that game type the victor get that trophey also... and there are 2 carriers... etc. so this trophey would contaminate the ocean like a a virus (rare to start, but over time it gets more common)
[Jun 25, 2007 5:38:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jassye88

I think that's a great idea.
[Jul 2, 2007 3:18:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RiceMaster

- turning the compass, spyglass, sextant thing and globe into trophies

- trophy for loading guns under 25 seconds and/or 30 seconds

- most tournaments won

- foraging trophy. say 10kgs worth of fruit gets you your first trophy

- trophy for nilling successfully in spades a X amount of times!!!!

- insta trophies of some sort
"Who needs pants when u have a nice hat"

Samoosta on the Sage Ocean
SO of 'Swell The Wellington'
[Jul 4, 2007 1:25:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hebacheba123

Hmm... I'd like to see a trophy for Best at Being Hebacheba ....

Heh, just kidding. I'd never get that trophy. It'd be too hard.

Some trophies I would like to see:
-A trophy for getting Sublime in any puzzle. (I know it would be to the right of the info page, but I don't noticed italicized text as well as I do shiny trophies.)
-A set of trophies for getting different amounts of Masterpieces in a row (in Carpentry, of course).
-A Lazy Captain trophy. (You get it for being the only Officer on a pillage and not doing any duty except for Battle Navigation.
[Jul 5, 2007 1:04:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hebacheba123

youngthink said:

Another cool idea would be some kind viral trophey from SF or Rumble... starts after someone wins a OM tourny they get this trophey... then if that person is beat in that game type the victor get that trophey also... and there are 2 carriers... etc. so this trophey would contaminate the ocean like a a virus (rare to start, but over time it gets more common)

This would be a good idea... But maybe make it so that there's only one? People could just lose a Swordfight intentionally to give a hearty one of these trophies. If there was only one, and you lost it if you lost a Swordfight while you had it, then people wouldn't just give it to their hearties... Of course, this would make it so that a person could get this trophy then never Swordfight again... Hmmmm... Maybe you lose it if you don't do at least one Swordfight every week (unless you don't log on in that week) and if someone loses it this way another tournament is held...
[Jul 5, 2007 1:49:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rodkouji

I dunno if these have been said already but...Trophies Ideas:

Golden Helm (Or something like golden, like Jewelled or the like):

Somewhat similar to the Golden Cannon, you would get this trophy after having navved in blockades, for example, for 1000 hours. Would kinda be like an upgrade of the Weathered Helm.

As we talking about blockades, sinking comes to my mind:
Diving Helmet:

You get it after a certain ammount of fishes earned or, in other words, times you get yourself sunk. A high number here too, like 1000. Would only work of course, in sinking blockades or war sinkings when you actually lose a ship.

Krull.
Krull.
[Jul 7, 2007 6:04:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TBPOTN7

I dunno if these have been said already but...Trophies Ideas:

Golden Helm (Or something like golden, like Jewelled or the like):

Somewhat similar to the Golden Cannon, you would get this trophy after having navved in blockades, for example, for 1000 hours. Would kinda be like an upgrade of the Weathered Helm.

As we talking about blockades, sinking comes to my mind:
Diving Helmet:

You get it after a certain ammount of fishes earned or, in other words, times you get yourself sunk. A high number here too, like 1000. Would only work of course, in sinking blockades or war sinkings when you actually lose a ship.

Krull.

about the diving helmet, i prefer one for sinking 1000 ships, since we have the driftwood and soggy boot already for getting sunk
[Jul 7, 2007 6:11:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
arrowreturns

I think there should be trophies for clearing certain numbers of 'stars' in the puzzles that have them (bleige, sail, carp, dnav)

say, 100, 500, 1,000, and 3,000 and another for 10,000 in all four puzzles together..also for filling a certain number in one session, say 8, 15, and 30.

Also for getting broad/expert/sublime in any puzzle, and another one for doing it in all puzzles.
[Jul 9, 2007 4:23:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
waveyminter

Well this be me Trophy Ideas. (and uses!)

Fer Clearing 50,000 crabs ye shud be awarded a Bucket o' Crabs!
Use - NONE

Fer beating level 10 In Sf, Rumble, Drinking.. Win a Training Fist, Training Cup and Training Sword.
USE - NONE

Fer Bnavving a Blockade 50 times and sinking (or removing) atleast 3 PER blockade. (Sinking then tyring again in SAME blockade will not add. It must be a differnt blockade).
USE - NONE

Update Whisking potion boots thing.. Winged boots. Currently does NUTHIN should do.. Allows 1 Free whisk per day. NON-TRANSFERABLE.

Poker,
Winning 200+ in a 20-200 game
Winning 2,000+ in a 200-2,000 Game
Winning 20,000+ in a 2,000-20,000 Game
Winning 200,000+ in a 20,000-200,000 Game
Will result in a Cup full of Coins, Getting bigger each trophy.

Will have NO use.
Must be from a differnt player/Computer each time.
[Jul 10, 2007 9:57:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Spiritsoar

Update Whisking potion boots thing.. Winged boots. Currently does NUTHIN should do.. Allows 1 Free whisk per day. NON-TRANSFERABLE.

But...trophies aren't supposed to do anything. They're supposed to sit on your pirate page and look pretty and maybe get shown off. Giving them a functionality (especially one that would effect the economy of apothecaries) doesn't seem to have been the intent of trophies.
Spiritsoar
Senior Officer of White Rose
Member of Blood and Roses
[Jul 10, 2007 8:51:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sacrana

How about trophies for:

-Memmorising an entire archeepago
-Visiting every island in an ocean
-Owning an island
-Winning 300 sword fight matches only using a stick
-Getting a Royal Flush in Poker
-Getting at least one "Shot the Moon" in 20 consecutice hearts games
- Allways matching your bid exactly in a game os spades
- 200 points in one Treasure drop move
- Passing out x many times while drinking
- Lots of Forum posts

p.s: don't reveal how to get the trophies on yppedia. It ruins the fun
Sacrana

Hypnos wrote: 
Dried mango with chili is very tasty.

Please laugh at this person
[Jul 11, 2007 2:01:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thyren

If you want to know what I think.

I would say the only trophies that should exist are the ones made by the Ringers. I say this is because I have seen most of the posts in this thread and they seem to be about trophies that everyone can get or are very easy to achieve.

I mean, come on! just imagine a pirate info Trophy collection page with 200 trophies and if everyone had the same trophies, it'd be boring!

Trophies should be challenging to get, not something that just everyone can get.

And from what it looks from the previous posts, it seems you can get a trophy for basically doing anything!
Jezzeka on the Cobalt Ocean
Captain of Lunar Eclipse

Jezzeka on the Crimson Ocean
Captain of Lunar Eclipse

Opique on the Viridian Ocean

[Jul 14, 2007 2:14:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Jezzeka [Link]  Go to top 
Allice

If you want to know what I think.

I would say the only trophies that should exist are the ones made by the Ringers. I say this is because I have seen most of the posts in this thread and they seem to be about trophies that everyone can get or are very easy to achieve.

I mean, come on! just imagine a pirate info Trophy collection page with 200 trophies and if everyone had the same trophies, it'd be boring!

Trophies should be challenging to get, not something that just everyone can get.

And from what it looks from the previous posts, it seems you can get a trophy for basically doing anything!

fully agreed. But still i would like to see an award for meming the entire ocean since it takes quite a bit of time and puzzling to do it. Not anyone will be able to do it since you most likely have to be officer, have yer own ship and invest quite some poe in rum and maybe cbs. As for me i was pillaging quite a bit in the areas where i needed charts from i couldnt get from other people or people couldnt chart for me. :-)
Allice
Captain of Wonderland, Sage, Malachite and Crimson
[Jul 15, 2007 5:04:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tookster9

Anyone have any idea when the smithing trophies are due out?
[Jul 18, 2007 6:09:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KoshMom

How about a trophy for logging in/logging out with same alt N times in one day? Or maybe one for logging in/logging out once per hour for an entire 24 hour period? It can be called "Here Again" or maybe "I'm back" and could be an icon of a bed/cot/hammock.

Another idea: if you log in at least once per day for 30 days in a row, you get a trophy. Or perform any duty station on a navy ship at least once per day for 30 days.
Avasta, Past Governor of Namath, captain of Ye Hardy Mates, of the flag RIOT
[Jul 18, 2007 10:19:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RingRopes

Blacksmithing trophy: (as well as ult/incred)

Smooth Finish, a smooth peice of steel for getting a completely smooth blade(cleared board)

Empty Rumjug, For using the rumjug in the puzzle a total of 100 times

Full Rumjug, For using the rumjug in the puzzle a total of 500 times
Bangorian
SO, Your Worst Nightmare
Lord, Hardcore Explorers
Sage
[Jul 18, 2007 11:09:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

tookster9 wrote: 
Anyone have any idea when the smithing trophies are due out?

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=1146680#1146680
Arcturus wrote: 
The Ultimate and Incredible trophies for Blacksmithing are disabled until the ratings stabilize.

When that will be, I couldn't say.

Faulkston,
Arcturus linky
[Jul 18, 2007 6:57:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Cheesenator

lazers are some people who don't want to cooperate in a
battle at sea or just sailing. Why shouldn't you make a prize for those who are lazers. The nonlazer(you can get another name).It should have a Lazer sign but, with some thing arround it( I don't know how to design it). Is a bit strage or funny this name but, the person who can get this prize must work at a station, and doesen't pass trought a league point lazing. When he passes the 50 league points he may recive the prize. PLZ SOMEONE READ THIS!!!!! THIS IS A $%#@ING PRIZE FOR NONLAZERS. DESIGNERS PLZ READ THIS FORUM!!!!!!
Cheesenator on Sage
I have a pig-problem.
Wonder how the easter bunny gets his eggs?
[Jul 19, 2007 1:47:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stevanus

Blacksmithing trophy: (as well as ult/incred)

Smooth Finish, a smooth peice of steel for getting a completely smooth blade(cleared board)

Empty Rumjug, For using the rumjug in the puzzle a total of 100 times

Full Rumjug, For using the rumjug in the puzzle a total of 500 times

Good Idea with The Rumjug! I agree with you!
Ninja : Stevanus, Hideout : Viridian

2005 - 2006
SO of Dark Revenge, Member of Tommy's Gun

2007-2008
SO of Viridian Crusaders, Lord of Viridian Avengers

FO of The Big Bang, Member of OutBreak
[Jul 19, 2007 1:53:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
raggedjoe

* PVP trophy's for # of wins (1 at 5 wins/15 wins/30 wins... like skellies but not at 10, 25, 100)

thats WAY to easy.. there should be 1, 100, 500, 1000 for Bnav victories. on some pillies you can win as many as 3 or 4 a day... so in 10 days i get best trophy??? no way
--Raggedjoe of Viridian
--Officer of Squid Squad
--Member of Sea Wrath
--Addict of Puzzle Pirates
[Jul 19, 2007 10:27:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 1394   Pages: 47   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates