• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 373
Posts: 373   Pages: 13   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 95021 times and has 372 replies Next Thread
bel_pirates

Re: Version 5.1 in the works! Reply to this Post

SpnBobby wrote: 
I just downloaded 5.0, and I have a problem with the labor calculator, the expert labor box and the total labor box were hidden. when I expand the calculator, it shows everything, but if I hit expand it again, to make it smaller, the expert labor box (Z) and the total labor box (AA) remain out, but the columns T through Y go away. What am I doing wrong?

The apothecary has a bug in the macro that shows/hides column for the labor calculator because I was playing with adding a new feature right before posting it and decided not to do it. The columns I added (which broke the macro) are still there, which is what is causing the problem. The bug will be fixed in the next version that Rakkii is releasing. For now, you can either:

1. Open the labor calculator and just leave it open all the time.
2. Select Columns A through Q. Right-click column Q and choose "Unhide" from the context menu. Select columns M and N. Right-click column N and choose "delete" from the context menu. Select columns B through N. Right-click column N and choose "hide" from the context menu. The labor calculator button should work as normal now.
----------------------------------------
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Feb 23, 2007 11:22:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wyldhawke

yep, bug is known, and being fixed. version will definitely be out in the next week. had some delay on the translations, my Dad had to go out of town suddenly, and my daughter has a million Girl Scout cookies to deliver this weekend. Other than the translations, though, the upgrade is nearly done!!
~~ Rakkii ~~
Fleet Officer of Nagamar
[Feb 23, 2007 12:01:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://myspace.com/illusorythrall [Link]  Go to top 
Jes_Roo

Two questions:

1) I have version 4.53. If I download the newest version, do I have to go enter all my data in again?

2) In my version on the Midnight Tax page, there are "Manual Values" listed. Why are they there? I assume I need to put some numbahs in?

I lub this tool!
JesRoo
First Mate of Eloquent & Princess of Cold Steel on Midnight
Owner of Jesroo's Ironworking and Apothecary Stalls on Gaea

You're in the pay of the Weaving Syndicate, you are! Hempmonger! - The Dread Pirate Chris

[May 4, 2007 7:27:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

1) I have version 4.53. If I download the newest version, do I have to go enter all my data in again?

Unfortunately, yes, you will need to re-enter all of your values from the previous version. There's simply not a good way to keep values from one version to the next these days.

2) In my version on the Midnight Tax page, there are "Manual Values" listed. Why are they there? I assume I need to put some numbahs in?

The manual values are there as a holdover from earlier versions of the tool. If an item has a real tax value, the manual ones aren't used. For the geeks among us, the original reasoning follows.

There was a time when there was no tax value for some of the commods that are listed there. Each time something new is added to the economy (such as the gold cloth) or a new ocean starts up, there is a period where tax values aren't publicly available via the normal methods. To keep the tool functioning for people, I add those manual values in to estimate the tax for that commod. Once the tax values become available, they are pulled in via the standard refresh when you open the document and the manual values are ignored.

VLOOKUP takes the first matching value in a list, so if there is a manual tax value for Gold Cloth and no Gold Cloth in the auto-refresh tax data above, the manual value is used. Once it's listed in the refresh, the VLOOKUP functions grab the value from there and stop searching, thereby never finding the manual value.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[May 7, 2007 7:47:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NickScorpio

Is anybody working on adding in Dhow and Baghlah to the Shipyard tab?
Hankscorpio
[Jun 1, 2007 5:58:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

Is anybody working on adding in Dhow and Baghlah to the Shipyard tab?

I'm considering coming back to do an update to the tool. Is there anything else that needs adding besides the new ship classes?
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Jun 1, 2007 7:36:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wheebiscuit

That kinda begs the question:

- What were the last items added to the tool?

If we knew that, we could look at the release guides and see if anything else needs to be added.

Just using my memory, the answer is "Nothing else."

Adding in the Dhow and Baghlah would be great. Thanks for considering it.

- Aarghbird on Cobalt
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

Avatar by the arrrsome Billshakes
[Jun 1, 2007 9:23:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

The tool was current as of February 6, 2007.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Jun 1, 2007 9:28:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wheebiscuit

The tool was current as of February 6, 2007.

Thank ye. A quick review of the Release Notes
didn't show any other items added to the game. So just the Dhow and Baghlah should do it.

- Aarghbird on Cobalt who has a shipbuilding stall and would love to have the items added
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

[Jun 1, 2007 9:54:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

Version 5.1 Released Reply to this Post

Version: 5.1
Direct Link: Download
Directions: YPPedia Article
Changes: Changelog

The new version adds the Dhow and Baghlah to the tool, as well as a new rack pricing grid at the request of a hearty. I'm especially interested in feedback from Tailors as to how to make the pricing grid more useful. If another industry wanted to make a special case for including the pricing grid in their sheets, I'm willing to listen. For now, only the Tailor gets it though.

As an aside, I'm still looking for translation help for the tool into German (or other languages). If you'd like to help out, PM me or (preferably) shoot me an email. approximately 90% of the tool can be easily translated, and of that, only about 25% has been done. If anyone here speaks German well enough to ask for help in the Opal forums, that'd be great.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Jun 1, 2007 12:33:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NickScorpio

Re: Version 5.1 Released Reply to this Post

Thank you very much Belgaron.
Hankscorpio
[Jun 2, 2007 10:11:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NickScorpio

Thank you very much BelgaronBelgarion

Grr...edit button
Hankscorpio
[Jun 2, 2007 10:12:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

Version 5.11 Released Reply to this Post

Version: 5.11
Direct Link: Download
Directions: YPPedia Article
Changes: Changelog

This release adds yellow paint to the shipyard, which has apparently been missing since Bludgeons were added. The Rack Pricer now shows correct numbers for the Tailor. It was leaving out taxes and doubloon delivery costs.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Jun 2, 2007 12:30:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wheebiscuit

Re: Version 5.11 Released Reply to this Post

Well, it's just about that time again. New Furniture items are released on Ice, and should be coming to a production ocean near you soon!

"New furniture for manufacture: Exotic Carpet, Exotic Canopy Bed, Pile of Pillows, Large Pile of Pillows, Striped Pillow, Patterned Pillow, Drum."

Just a head's up for ye!

- Aarghbird
Aarghbird of Cerlulean
Monarch of Mixed Nuts
Captain of Rum by Gum
Chief Mixed-Up-Nut

[Jun 13, 2007 3:01:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shyqueenie

I have no idea if you're planning a new verision any time soon, but one thing I would *love* to have - perhaps as an addition to the commodities page - is a way of keeping track of bid tickets.

Particularly if an island is a spawn point, I'll often keep many of my bulkier commods in bid ticket form.
Shyqueenie
SO of Swashbucklers of Sage
Lady, QuarterMaster and FleetMaster of Notorious
Proud Citizen of Kasidim in Ibis
Sage Ocean
[Jun 14, 2007 9:09:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shyqueenie

I have no idea if you're planning a new verision any time soon, but one thing I would *love* to have - perhaps as an addition to the commodities page - is a way of keeping track of bid tickets.

Particularly if an island is a spawn point, I'll often keep many of my bulkier commods in bid ticket form.

Okay... I've got a 'small' mini spreadsheet with formulas. It probably needs a few things moved around, and some additional columns added (or macro'd in some way), but I can send a copy of what I currently have to give you an idea of what I'd love to see...:-)
Shyqueenie
SO of Swashbucklers of Sage
Lady, QuarterMaster and FleetMaster of Notorious
Proud Citizen of Kasidim in Ibis
Sage Ocean
[Jun 14, 2007 9:33:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

Okay... I've got a 'small' mini spreadsheet with formulas. It probably needs a few things moved around, and some additional columns added (or macro'd in some way), but I can send a copy of what I currently have to give you an idea of what I'd love to see...:-)

I'll take a look and see what I can do with it. Send it along to me via email, using the address jasonthedceATgmail.com
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Jun 14, 2007 6:42:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Krais1

I can't see this included currently, but would it be possible to include a mark-up option, so that buying stock from your own stalls you can apply a markup.
For example, my furniture stall buys at a percentage above cost from my weaver and apoth, to cover the rent cost in these stalls.

Just a suggestion :)

Krais
[Jun 22, 2007 8:59:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PaulaJean

I have a tab on the bottom that says warbrig in blue, and there's no mention of this in the actual description of the shop tool. If I'm missing something, I apologize, but otherwise, what is that dear?
Jeanie ~ Sage
Happily on Ypp Vacation

Proud of her lil band of darlings: Darkened Embers/Cielo Ardente.
Former ~ Princess of LoL, BoG, RoS. VF
Former Queen of Distant Shore Legacy (which is now merged)
[Jun 23, 2007 5:47:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

I have a tab on the bottom that says warbrig in blue, and there's no mention of this in the actual description of the shop tool. If I'm missing something, I apologize, but otherwise, what is that dear?

It's a holdover from way back in version 2 or earlier... It doesn't appear on my version of the sheet, despite my best efforts to make it, so I can't remove it for good from the tool. Did it just show up for you when you opened the file? If so, what version of Excel are you using? If you did something to make it appear, I'd love to know what so I can get rid of it. You can delete it without breaking anything in the tool if you want.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Jun 23, 2007 8:39:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Davesmason

I am lost. Where can I find instructions?
[Jul 20, 2007 7:46:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

Directions for the tool are available on the YPPedia. Direct Link .

I know the tool is missing some of the new items, but I'm just too busy with work to get to it anytime soon. Hopefully when I get home from my business trip to Orlando I'll have time to get to it. That won't be before mid-August at the earliest, though, so if someone else wants to put out a version with the new stuff in it, feel free.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Jul 20, 2007 9:23:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fatherward

Re: The Shop Tool Reply to this Post

Highlight columns M:O, right click the column header and choose "Unhide." This will show the tax data as the shop tool sees it. Make sure there is a tax value for labor. It should be 3/4/5 for basic/skilled/expert. If it says N/A, there is most likely a problem with your ocean's tax sheet.

To fix this, go to your ocean sheet (ie, Midnight) and make sure all of the data is in one table with the commodities in column A and tax values in column B. Sometimes (I can't figure out why) the labor portion of the tax values will load in columns C/D or D/E. If this is the case, do the following:

1. Select Cell A1
2. Click Data/Import External Data/Edit Query
3. Unselect any tables that are selected
4. Click the arrow left of Commodity
5. Click the arrow left of Labor Type
6. Click Import

First: insert the same loving comments that everyone else posts about this tool here.

Now to my problem: I've tried the fix listed above for the tax computation problem. However, when I do the Edit Query I get a message from Excel saying that it is a web based query and cannot be edited. Also, I cannot find any "arrow left of commodity". I assume that this is because of the web based query problem.

I am using version 5.11 in Excel for Mac 2004.

The tax data for labor is showing up in columns d/e of the ocean pages.

Also, As I am only using this to run an Ironworking stall, is there a simple way to eliminate all the error messages I'm getting because formulas trace back to date from other shop pages that also show errors? Or will that all be fixed when I get the tax problem fixed?

Thank you for your help.
Sailing the Cobalt Ocean as Gydian
Lord of the Flag Elements of Fear
Senior Officer and Counselor of the crew Fire and Ice

Nihil declarandum.
[Aug 7, 2007 10:33:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

Highlight columns M:O, right click the column header and choose "Unhide." This will show the tax data as the shop tool sees it. Make sure there is a tax value for labor. It should be 3/4/5 for basic/skilled/expert. If it says N/A, there is most likely a problem with your ocean's tax sheet.

To fix this, go to your ocean sheet (ie, Midnight) and make sure all of the data is in one table with the commodities in column A and tax values in column B. Sometimes (I can't figure out why) the labor portion of the tax values will load in columns C/D or D/E. If this is the case, do the following:

1. Select Cell A1
2. Click Data/Import External Data/Edit Query
3. Unselect any tables that are selected
4. Click the arrow left of Commodity
5. Click the arrow left of Labor Type
6. Click Import

First: insert the same loving comments that everyone else posts about this tool here.

Now to my problem: I've tried the fix listed above for the tax computation problem. However, when I do the Edit Query I get a message from Excel saying that it is a web based query and cannot be edited. Also, I cannot find any "arrow left of commodity". I assume that this is because of the web based query problem.

I am using version 5.11 in Excel for Mac 2004.

The tax data for labor is showing up in columns d/e of the ocean pages.

Also, As I am only using this to run an Ironworking stall, is there a simple way to eliminate all the error messages I'm getting because formulas trace back to date from other shop pages that also show errors? Or will that all be fixed when I get the tax problem fixed?

Thank you for your help.

Your mileage in Excel for Mac may vary... I don't have access to a Mac to test the sheet, so I'm not sure how to get it working. If you have tax data and it's just the labor that's the problem, you can add that data in manually below the updated section and things should be fine. If I find a friend with a Mac, I'll try looking at it to see what I discover. It's possible that someone else here is using a Mac and might know the work-around for you though.

The data linking back to other sheets can be fixed by replacing the numbers in the pricing section with your own numbers. Once the formula is overwritten, it won't go looking for that data anymore.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Aug 7, 2007 1:22:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scrappyilse

Hey Belgarion,

First of all, thanks for the awesome tool. Although I don't have a stall yet, I do want to buy several ones, so I'm already testing the shop tool. Just to get to know it BEFORE I have a stall, so that I can immediately use it :)

I have a few questions though:
1. Link/unlink option: Will this option be included in the following update? I'm asking this because I'm thinking about buying an apothecary first and I don't have a distillery.
2. Including Extra stalls: If I want to include a stall of the same kind, but on another island, do I have to keep the same name for the spreadsheet, or do I have to use another name. Since the spreadsheets are linked, I thought I'd have to keep the same name, but won't that give wrong results in the end?
3. Clearification needed on the profits: Maybe it's because I don't own a stall yet, but here's what I'm wondering about: There's an overview for the Dockside sales. You can change the current stock and the docksell. Great. I asume that I have to accumulate all the Dockside sells I get over the years? Then there's another thing. Where are the sells you make IN the shop (pirates who buy in your shop) and the current stock for that? I hope someone can explain that to me. Because I can see the table Shop Sales, but I don't see a column in there in which I can include how much I've actually sold of the particular product. It's only the prices......

Thanks again for the wonderful tool! Once I've got enough money to buy a stall, I think it will be a tool I'll use constantly!

Oh, BTW, if anyone would like Dutch Translation, I can work on that, if ya want.
~regards, Ilse~
Aye, me pirate's life is wonderful!
Obsidian Ocean:
Scrapper
[Aug 12, 2007 2:56:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ilsemul.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
RaptorBlaze

I'm having a problem using the tool on Open Office, i am getting an Error: 502 on the taxes columns and everything involving those columns (use them in a formula)

help says this:
code: 502
explanation: Function argument is not valid, for example, a negative number for the root function.
[Aug 29, 2007 9:26:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RaptorBlaze

wish i had edit button >.>
btw this is without changing anything but adding in the prices f or labor and commodities needed for the product...
[Aug 29, 2007 9:27:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

1. Link/unlink option: Will this option be included in the following update? I'm asking this because I'm thinking about buying an apothecary first and I don't have a distillery.

I'm not sure when I'll get around to updating the tool for the new items and such, but that's probably all it will be. No changes to the (Un)Linked feature. You can turn off the linking by just setting new buy prices for all the commods in the pricing section of your shop and it will use those instead of the linked ones.

2. Including Extra stalls: If I want to include a stall of the same kind, but on another island, do I have to keep the same name for the spreadsheet, or do I have to use another name. Since the spreadsheets are linked, I thought I'd have to keep the same name, but won't that give wrong results in the end?

I make a new copy of the sheet once I open the 2nd stall in an industry. My first IM might be on Alpha, and my 1st Apoth on Turtle, but they'd be in the same sheet. When I open my 2nd IM on Turtle, then I'd start a new sheet. You might be able to actually keep two copies of the same stall in the sheet by making a copy of a sheet but I can't vouch for it. Theoretically it will work, but be prepared to see something break. Make a backup first. :)

3. Clearification needed on the profits: Maybe it's because I don't own a stall yet, but here's what I'm wondering about: There's an overview for the Dockside sales. You can change the current stock and the docksell. Great. I asume that I have to accumulate all the Dockside sells I get over the years? Then there's another thing. Where are the sells you make IN the shop (pirates who buy in your shop) and the current stock for that? I hope someone can explain that to me. Because I can see the table Shop Sales, but I don't see a column in there in which I can include how much I've actually sold of the particular product. It's only the prices......

"Profits" is a tricky issue. When I wrote it, I assumed that poe in the system is mostly fixed. Poe comes in from the player and counts toward debt. Poe leaves to the player's pockets and subtracts from debt. The remaining poe is either in the form of Coffers, Raw Materials or Finished Goods waiting to be sold. If you keep up with record keeping, the "Net Worth" section should continue to grow over time if you are doing well. The individual numbers such as amount invested in stock, finished goods and coffers will fluctuate.

The column marked "profit" in the finished goods area reflects real profit on that single item. If you are using the cost/labor_unit feature, rent is included in the cost of making an item and this profit number is a "true" profit as nearly all costs are accounted for. If you aren't using it, the profit is derived from the sell price - cost of commods/labor. By not using this feature, it's possible to have all your items set to make a profit but you're actually losing Net Worth because of the lost of poe from rent.

It's all pretty complicated, but hopefully this helps you out some.

Oh, BTW, if anyone would like Dutch Translation, I can work on that, if ya want.

If you'd like to make translations, it's easy to add to an upcoming version (whenever that is). Just fill in a new column on the translations tab and mark it Dutch at the top and send me the file via email (jasonthedce AT gmail DOT com).

I'm having a problem using the tool on Open Office, i am getting an Error: 502 on the taxes columns and everything involving those columns (use them in a formula)

Unfortunately, the tool no longer translates into OpenOffice easily. You'd be better off working with Faulkston/TMBTC's shop management tool which is written in OpenOffice. It can be found here.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Aug 30, 2007 5:40:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scrappyilse

1. Link/unlink option
Thanks. I'll just turn it off through the commods screen then. :)

2. Including Extra stalls

I make a new copy of the sheet once I open the 2nd stall in an industry. My first IM might be on Alpha, and my 1st Apoth on Turtle, but they'd be in the same sheet. When I open my 2nd IM on Turtle, then I'd start a new sheet. You might be able to actually keep two copies of the same stall in the sheet by making a copy of a sheet but I can't vouch for it. Theoretically it will work, but be prepared to see something break. Make a backup first. :)

I'll certainly make back ups first :)
I think I'll organize the spreadsheets by islands. I'm not sure yet though. It all depends on what I'm actually able to buy lol But I hope I'll be able to buy stalls on the same island. That would be sooo much easier :)

3. Profits:

"Profits" is a tricky issue. When I wrote it, I assumed that poe in the system is mostly fixed. Poe comes in from the player and counts toward debt. Poe leaves to the player's pockets and subtracts from debt. The remaining poe is either in the form of Coffers, Raw Materials or Finished Goods waiting to be sold. If you keep up with record keeping, the "Net Worth" section should continue to grow over time if you are doing well. The individual numbers such as amount invested in stock, finished goods and coffers will fluctuate.

The column marked "profit" in the finished goods area reflects real profit on that single item. If you are using the cost/labor_unit feature, rent is included in the cost of making an item and this profit number is a "true" profit as nearly all costs are accounted for. If you aren't using it, the profit is derived from the sell price - cost of commods/labor. By not using this feature, it's possible to have all your items set to make a profit but you're actually losing Net Worth because of the lost of poe from rent.

It's all pretty complicated, but hopefully this helps you out some.

Well, it helped in some way. I've been made a manager of an IM about a week ago. Things are starting to make sense now lol The escrow keeps a nice track of the sold items in the shop. So I don't think I need something special for that anymore. Maybe only for keeping track of what sells best, but nothing more lol

But, since we're on the track of sales..... How about those premades. Now you only have to fill an amount of poe, but isn't it easier to make a table like the dock-side sales and call it pre-mades. For things like swords and others which are not sold dockside? It would also give you a fine way to set your prices, I think........

4. Error?
a) I found something of which I think is incorrect. In the dockside sales the adjustment from the shop sales isn't calculated in the cost/unit. I thought it should be calculated there too.........
b) In the Dockside sales the word Can produce isn't showing in the shown column. It says #nb instead

Dutch Translation
I'll mail it to you once I've got it finished.

Thanks for your help!
~regards, Ilse~
Aye, me pirate's life is wonderful!
Obsidian Ocean:
Scrapper
[Sep 3, 2007 8:06:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ilsemul.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

1. Link/unlink option
Thanks. I'll just turn it off through the commods screen then. :)

Just to be clear, it's not on the commods sheet, but on the commod pricing section of each shop sheet. So to turn it off on the Monger sheet, change the buy prices on the Monger sheet.

But, since we're on the track of sales..... How about those premades. Now you only have to fill an amount of poe, but isn't it easier to make a table like the dock-side sales and call it pre-mades. For things like swords and others which are not sold dockside? It would also give you a fine way to set your prices, I think........

I've been considering what to do about pre-mades to make them more automated. A table that tracks item type and cost to produce would be a good way to do it, then the sale could be tracked and a profit calculated. I'll look into ways to do that when I get back into editing. :)

4. Error?
a) I found something of which I think is incorrect. In the dockside sales the adjustment from the shop sales isn't calculated in the cost/unit. I thought it should be calculated there too.........

The adjustment area is not a cost to the shop, but rather to the customer. Let's say it costs you 100 poe to make a single unit of small cannon balls, but everyone else on the island sells them for 120 from the store interface. You don't want to sell for so much less, so you make an adjustment of +19 poe. Your cost remains the same, but consumers now pay more for your goods. So the adjustment is taken into the final cost of the product, but not into store costs. The dock-side sales area only shows your cost, so adjustment is ignored.

b) In the Dockside sales the word Can produce isn't showing in the shown column. It says #nb instead

The row height might not be big enough to show the entire text. Try making it bigger and see if that fixes it.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Sep 4, 2007 8:13:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 373   Pages: 13   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates