• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 1394
Posts: 1394   Pages: 47   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 352592 times and has 1393 replies Next Thread
Kaitysue

Re: Trophy Suggestion Thread Reply to this Post

Righto... but it isn't like I can go back again and get the little message as I hit that last point.

/e is weird like that
----------------------------------------
Kait on Emerald
Queen of Rebound
Senior Officer of Dynamite Residue
[Apr 29, 2007 5:34:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tarajayne

You would just get the message upon logging in if they were to create a new trophy. Silly to hold out for a trophy they may or may not ever create ;)
Bridalgirl

I get around.
[Apr 29, 2007 10:21:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Diver_Down

Silly idea: A Can of Gnu, for being ordered to gun X number of times (possibly only when you are a jobber).
Hildebrand of Silent Fools on Sage
Hilarion the labour alt on other doubloon oceans
[May 1, 2007 9:10:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tanonev

Possible sailing trophies:
Clear 5+ targets with a single chain
Clear all targets on a board (min 5?) without making any regular 4+ of a kind clears (including in chains set off by clearing targets)
Close-pack and then booch a board (hey, if they have Boots of Bilging, that means the trophies don't all have to relate to productive play :P)
And the usual "count targets cleared" like crabs...

Possible carp trophies:
Nice Set Grain Bonus Masterpiece
Use 2+ putties on a single hole
Alternate between Masterpieces and Pig's Breakfasts for a full set of holes
And the usual "count grain bonuses," "count masterpieces," etc.
Tanonev on all oceans; currently exploring Meridian.
Puppetar by Tilinka
[May 2, 2007 12:16:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.alpha-slash.com [Link]  Go to top 
warbuddy

True, but people already do that to get ultimate trpoheys.
[May 8, 2007 4:45:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.ilikewaffles.wetpaint.com [Link]  Go to top 
Jes_Roo

True, but people already do that to get ultimate trpoheys.

I agree. We already have rewards for just sailing really well. The bilge trophies (i.e. crabs) don't have to be won with superior skill, although it's quicker to get them with higher skill.

If the trophies in sailing were comparable to the ones for bilge, perhaps it should be for number of platforms cleared, or, for a little more skill, a certain number of platforms cleared as part of a 3 chain or higher? Just about anyone could get the "silver sailor" for 100 platforms (with 3 chain) with enough sailing, even if they are not very good sailors.

Similarly for carp, as others have already suggested, 100 masterpieces would be doable for anyone (eventually) but much easier to accomplish with higher skill.
JesRoo
First Mate of Eloquent & Princess of Cold Steel on Midnight
Owner of Jesroo's Ironworking and Apothecary Stalls on Gaea

You're in the pay of the Weaving Syndicate, you are! Hempmonger! - The Dread Pirate Chris

[May 10, 2007 3:18:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DreadedChris

I agree. We already have rewards for just sailing really well. The bilge trophies (i.e. crabs) don't have to be won with superior skill, although it's quicker to get them with higher skill.

Actually, they are harder to get with higher skill - people on the ultimate list take forever to get crab trophies because we bilge slower, with our pauses to think about bingo/donkey/vegas setups -- and because the timing works best with one clear ever 5-10 seconds, which is a long time comparitively. People with moderate skill get crab trophies best because they are doing small easy bingos and good doubles relatively quickly, moving a lot of blocks and so, a lot of crabs. I don't think any other puzzle has something that is easier for the moderately skilled player to get....

Still, I'd like to see counter-trophies for nice-set, grain-bonus, and masterpiece; for platforms cleared, and for bonus-blocks cleared.

(bonus-blocks... there's a moderate-skill counter. I think. I'm not actually sure what ultimate sailing looks like, but those of us sub-ult end up clearing a lot of bonus blocks just to make our boards manageable. I imagine ults either ignore them or use them in a combo but don't make wasteful single-clears of them... maybe.)

Guns already have a counter-trophy.
~< The Dread Pirate Chris >~
[May 10, 2007 3:36:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jes_Roo

Actually, they are harder to get with higher skill - people on the ultimate list take forever to get crab trophies because we bilge slower, with our pauses to think about bingo/donkey/vegas setups -- and because the timing works best with one clear ever 5-10 seconds, which is a long time comparitively.

Ah, good point. As a Ren/GM bilger, I simply rely on speed, which gets me more crabs. I didn't know leg/ults may actually bilge slower.
JesRoo
First Mate of Eloquent & Princess of Cold Steel on Midnight
Owner of Jesroo's Ironworking and Apothecary Stalls on Gaea

You're in the pay of the Weaving Syndicate, you are! Hempmonger! - The Dread Pirate Chris

[May 10, 2007 4:14:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
moooo666

we need some trophies for gunners in cades~ its bad enough that they some times dont get paid for gunning (b-naver doen't fire enough, or they board sit). so what i was thinking is like

chain shot (pic would be like one cb with a few chain links from it) for loading like 5000 cannons in blockades

skull shot (pic would be like a flaming skull, this could also make a good trinket) for loading like 10000 cannons in blockades

and have something like the tokens for number of guns loaded per segment, or round

oaken token of gunning (like other oakens) 30 guns loaded per segment (so 150ish round)

Seal of gunning (like others seals) 50 guns loaded per segment (250 per round)

guns salute (name due like 20 gun salute, but they should be loaded by the time this is explained) (this would look more like two guns (simmilar to golden cannon but smaller) faceing oposing directions on a podium \ / and would say 'loaded' insead of incredible)

token of gunning (same base with a normal cannon ball in it) for earning oaken like 5+ times

steel marble (like other marble base with cannon ball) for earning a seal of gunning 8+ times

finally,
guns loaded (a gun (or two) sitting on a base of cannon balls, powder, and wadding~ maybe even a skull shot in there) for earning the guns salute like 10+ times

i think this would help gunners feel less left out of cades

and peoples thoughs?
Moocow of Hunter
SO Black Watch (Collusion)
born from the Sins of the Flesh
an all around utterly evil pirate

** please note my opinions are my own **
[May 12, 2007 1:53:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kierra214

we need some trophies for gunners in cades~ its bad enough that they some times dont get paid for gunning

It's not enough that you're rank can't go down in a blockade? I was under the impression that a lot of gunners were using blockades to boost their stat.

chain shot (pic would be like one cb with a few chain links from it) for loading like 5000 cannons in blockades

There already is a counter trophy for guns, why have a special one for blockades?

and have something like the tokens for number of guns loaded per segment, or round
oaken token of gunning (like other oakens) 30 guns loaded per segment (so 150ish round)

Seal of gunning (like others seals) 50 guns loaded per segment (250 per round)...

The oaken tokens and seals are for bonus pieces generated on the other duty puzzles. Gunning doesn't have blockade bonus pieces. Plus, these trophies would be less dependent on what the gunner does and more dependent on how many times the bnavver shoots.

I think fixing the gunning blockade pay would be more useful to make gunners feel more included in blockades. All these suggestions are just giving gunners tons of trophies for doing the same thing: being good at gunning. Plus there's already tons of people wanting to gun. This would just cause more "can I gun, I'm really good" spam for the XOs.
Magrat
SO of Polish War Fog
Viridian
[May 12, 2007 3:51:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bluebudd

what bout a trophy for earning a total of 1000 poe in the navy? and uhm, golden bucket for using up 1000 buckets just like in bildge? and like uhh golden fishy for earning 1000 fishes in blockades?
[May 13, 2007 2:19:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TBPOTN7

for carpentry:

filling 5000 holes > trophy

filling 10000 holes > trophy

filling 20000 holes > trophy

keep yer hammer sparkling for a whole segment > golden hammer

making four grain bonuses after eachother without pigs breakfasting > trophy

for sails:

filling 5000 patterns > trophy

filling 10000 patterns > trophy

filling 20000 patterns > trophy

keep yer sail sparkling for a whole segment > golden sail
[May 13, 2007 3:02:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RingRopes

How about a slice of pizza, for getting the No Pizza for you message?
Bangorian
SO, Your Worst Nightmare
Lord, Hardcore Explorers
Sage
[May 14, 2007 1:08:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MelonToaster

I think that some of the best trophies would for the "levels" of the rumble, swords and drinking.

10 swords
10 knockouts
10 cups

sure, these aren't the most difficult, but neither is map and brew.
They could be something like
A+ swords
A+ Rumble and
A+ drinking (being as how you beat the teacher)

Dnav should have 2 trpohies, one for memming one archepellagio, and another for memming the whole ocean.
be like "old salt" and "sea master".
[May 16, 2007 11:19:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

How about a trophy for having 10 crabs on screen at once, or ten puffers at once, or ten jellies at once?

(is 10 jellies even possible before it clears anymore?)
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[May 18, 2007 7:30:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
RaggedAndy

I have bootched Search-Fu, so I apologize if this has already been suggested:

I find myself striving towards a certain accomplishment, and would like there to be a trophy when I finally achieve it:

Sublime/Able in Gunning.

I'm thinking a foot smashed by a cannonball. :P
RaggedAndy, Senior Officer in Mermaid's Typhoon on the Meridian Ocean,
Vulfe, Officer in League of Shadows on Emerald,
and various alts elsewhere.
I'm a freaking old phart. Deal with it!
[May 24, 2007 10:02:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    ABPeed [Link]  Go to top 
AhoyLindsay

How about a trophy for having defeated all of the Brigand Kings?
Castawayjoe of the Midnight Ocean.
To err is human, but to arr is pirate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Catharsis on Cobalt and Malachite.
[May 27, 2007 9:14:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ellopoppet

How about a trophy for having 10 crabs on screen at once, or ten puffers at once, or ten jellies at once?

Or we could steer away from the only puzzle with fun looking trophies and maybe do it for getting 10 or more MP's at carp or Most boards cleared at sails. Given that they don't have jack atm.
~Athens~ Hunter

Want to know who makes my avatars?
[May 27, 2007 9:17:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RingRopes

how about one for 1mil pillaged (on a boat not personally) then 10mil, 50mil & 100mil.
Bangorian
SO, Your Worst Nightmare
Lord, Hardcore Explorers
Sage
[May 27, 2007 10:16:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Artemis1207

i have completed my 10th rumble but ya satisfaction might be better had i have a trophy!!!
Darknighter of Sage Ocean is thine name
[May 28, 2007 12:40:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
RA_Mako_AL

Or we could steer away from the only puzzle with fun looking trophies and maybe do it for getting 10 or more MP's at carp or Most boards cleared at sails. Given that they don't have jack atm.

I think it should be 15 or more MPs if you set it up for carpentry... I get almost constant incs/excels and I have yet to get past 13 MPs at once
|
|
|
|
|
-->Yodaraal on the Cobalt and Midnight ocean!!
-->Yodayar on the Cobalt ocean!!
[May 29, 2007 8:56:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tookster9

There should definitely be a trophy for having memorised the ocean
[May 30, 2007 5:05:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RA_Mako_AL

There should definitely be a trophy for having memorised the ocean

well you get the globe which you can use in portraits but I wouldn't mind the same thing for an ocean completely memorized (globe trophy)
|
|
|
|
|
-->Yodaraal on the Cobalt and Midnight ocean!!
-->Yodayar on the Cobalt ocean!!
[May 31, 2007 8:35:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
valio1992010

Hey, u know that when u play a lot of time a message appears? ''U've been playing a lot of time......''. Well, i think there should be a PP lover trophy which can be won by getting for example 50 times that message or something like that! What do u think?
[Jun 4, 2007 1:46:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tikikala

I was thinking of random trophies...

Swordfighting
Golden Stick -Awarded for WINNING 100 straight non-sea combat swordfightings....XD

Rumbles
Glistening Fish -Awarded for WINNING 100 rumbles before the item decay.... (cannot switch to other fishes)

Golden Fish -Awarded for WINNING 100 straight rumbles (non-sea combat)

there are my crazy input...

thinking about that crab award in Bilging....XD
Tikikala in Viridian (main) , Sage, Hunter, Malachite, Crimson, and Opal. (But I don't speak German. @_@)

Erfan wrote: Shore Leave is where the smart people hang out and pretend to be dumb.

more quotes coming soon...
[Jun 4, 2007 9:39:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rockwalliby

i would like to propose an idea for two new trophy's

the trophy's would be awarded to player who have gone out hunting brigands on the navy. the first trophy would be that they win 50 battles against the brigands this seems a lot but buy the time that they got this trophy they should have a very good idea on how to use a boat to it best but possible out come to win a battle. in which it would reflect on how they run there pillages when jobbing.
plus it would show the captain that the said officer has achievement a certain level in bnav i know that we get the normal standing but at least you would know that they ahve done the hard yards to get this trophy

the second trophy would be 100 wins on brigand with the navy

this like the same above would help the pirates and would show a certain skill level

plus then captain could put this into use for officer and fleet officer test if they want
cos you can be told how to bnav and shown how to bnav but it isnt the same as you doing the bnav and learning the hard from be blown out of the water it still comes down to having your own style of bnav and what work best with your style of play
[Jun 10, 2007 9:30:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BUCHANKO

i would like to propose an idea for two new trophy's

the trophy's would be awarded to player who have gone out hunting brigands on the navy. the first trophy would be that they win 50 battles against the brigands this seems a lot but buy the time that they got this trophy they should have a very good idea on how to use a boat to it best but possible out come to win a battle. in which it would reflect on how they run there pillages when jobbing.
plus it would show the captain that the said officer has achievement a certain level in bnav i know that we get the normal standing but at least you would know that they ahve done the hard yards to get this trophy

the second trophy would be 100 wins on brigand with the navy

this like the same above would help the pirates and would show a certain skill level

plus then captain could put this into use for officer and fleet officer test if they want
cos you can be told how to bnav and shown how to bnav but it isnt the same as you doing the bnav and learning the hard from be blown out of the water it still comes down to having your own style of bnav and what work best with your style of play

Yeah... just wanted to tell that it is a very usefull suggestion.
Coz captains would know of the members skill level.But i should be added like first trophy 50 battle second 150 third 400 and so on.Or may be even not such way but the idea is great.
[Jun 11, 2007 1:26:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RingRopes

battling brigands with the navy can only teach you so much, not only are they all sloop vs sloop but you don't learn abouthunting for ships, ship management, stock, etc.

More than that battling brigands (the mission) is incredibly boring
Bangorian
SO, Your Worst Nightmare
Lord, Hardcore Explorers
Sage
[Jun 11, 2007 5:32:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
FallOutGirl

I'm not sure if this has been suggested yet or not, but:

There should be a trophy you get for say, every year you've been playing. That way you can tell how long a person has been playing the game for... I dunno I just think that would be cool :-)
[Jun 12, 2007 9:17:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rudebwoi

With the latest release to include Floatilla's where we get the chance to kick some BK's Booty, and the fact that there are no trinkets awarded for this, I would like to see a selection of trophys introduced for:-

Quantity of Green ships sunk ( posibly navver only for distinction and recognition of skill )

Quantity of overall Ships sunk ( ALL crew on ship included in this tally )

Floatillas defeated ( Flag Trophy, who says the flag cant have a trophy )

Its merely something thats just popped into my head so I thought I'd throw it to the comunity as I think most would like to see these trophys, it's just a case of a fair system of awarding them.
A Cuppa Tea makes everything better!
[Jun 13, 2007 4:56:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 1394   Pages: 47   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates