• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 521
Posts: 521   Pages: 18   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 108064 times and has 520 replies Next Thread
BehindCurtai

Re: Ice release 4/18,4/19,4/26,4/27,5/7 Reply to this Post

So when is one of these BK burgers blockades going to happen?

P.s. Sunday, sunday, SUNDAY, please.
----------------------------------------
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[May 7, 2007 2:09:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

Let me repeat a question from several months back:

Is it alright to petition an OM on the production oceans to hop on over to Ice and set up an event blockade on Shatterstone? And can the OMs force the Brigand Kings to join the blockade, or does that require a developer right now?
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[May 7, 2007 2:16:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
KoshMom

Re: Ice release 4/18,4/19,4/26,4/27 Reply to this Post

• Fixed problem where pirates on a vessel fully damaged in a non-sinking blockade were removed from the ship before actually seeing the ship damaged and faded out.

• Yeah, I was on a nonsinking blockade (Oyster?) on Midnight ocean this weekend, and my ship was sunk. All I knew was I was popped out of the puzzle, saw the blockade board just sorta freeze, then I was ashore asking if we got sunk or if there was a blip or something.

Thanks for fixing this one!
    Avasta, Past Governor of Namath, captain of Ye Hardy Mates, of the flag RIOT
    [May 7, 2007 2:17:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Cephalopod
    Developer

Is it alright to petition an OM on the production oceans to hop on over to Ice and set up an event blockade on Shatterstone? And can the OMs force the Brigand Kings to join the blockade, or does that require a developer right now?

In general, I'd advise against bugging OMs for blockades on ice; the mechanisms to start your own by dropping an el cheapo chest on the couple specific islands should cover most anything. What in particular (ignoring the new BK issue) do you want event blockades for?

As for the near-term with testing out the brigands in blockades, right now, at least, summoning them takes developers, and we'll want to be there watching and poking anyways while they're in early public testing. Don't worry, we'll be firing up some blockades with them once the dust has settled from the current breakage.
    [May 7, 2007 2:37:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Fiddler

the mechanisms to start your own by dropping an el cheapo chest on the couple specific islands should cover most anything. What in particular (ignoring the new BK issue) do you want event blockades for?

For the times when the dozen or so people on Ice don't include any royalty from flags that have declared war on the Ringers. Royalty from other flags need to pass that issue first and non-royalty can't start a blockade, period.
    It's not a big issue, I just thought I'd see if it was kosher first.
    Orsino, Viridian ocean
    Whitewyvern wrote: 
    The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[May 7, 2007 2:56:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
    imwamphyr

Fiddler, made myself royalty for just this reason. If you look at our flag info, I believe the monarch and I both have all our contact information public.

In any case, anybody who needs a royalty member for blockade purposes, feel free to contact me and you can come play around. Muroni on all oceans, imwamphyr here on the forums, and Pirate Muroni on AIM.
    Selling my Grunion Collection!
    174 ships, 164 sloops, ALL GRUNIONS!
    [May 7, 2007 3:00:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
    Arcturus
    Developer

Re: Ice release 4/18 Reply to this Post

Looks like something broke - we're investigating and will get Ice back up and let you know here as soon as that's fixed.

Okay, I believe we're back. Sorry about that. This is what you get when the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is up to...
    /me introduces left hand to right hand...
    [May 7, 2007 3:02:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Fiddler

I like how the Brigand Kings are all real pirates in the system, with stats and everything. It amuses me that their only stat beyond novice/able is battle nav. I'm also highly amused by the fact that all the bots in the Salty Dog on Alpha all have Sublime swordfighting experience.
    Orsino, Viridian ocean
    Whitewyvern wrote: 

[May 8, 2007 10:59:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
    tkp42

So, since the other thread was locked up tight, will there be any scheduled BK blockades? It would be great to know in advance so we Ice addicts can move our few lil' shippies to the proper island.
    Tonya+nator
    Claiming poker ruined the game since 2006
    [May 8, 2007 4:28:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ice.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Tonyanator [Link]  Go to top 
    SAFjord

So, since the other thread was locked up tight, will there be any scheduled BK blockades? It would be great to know in advance so we Ice addicts can move our few lil' shippies to the proper island.

Please.
    The Fjord Difference®
    [May 8, 2007 6:09:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Hazarath

Please.

QFT
    Morbuzaan

I support PvP in sinking environments.

Cremate wrote: 
    Cremate tells ye, "Anyway I have hockey to watch"

[May 8, 2007 7:35:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Cephalopod
    Developer

There will be, but we've been a little swamped with results from the first pass. For the moment, I've got a seven round one starting in ~20 at shatterstone, so that'll run for a good part of the day.

Hopefully a little later today, we'll get some more info out about some that are scheduled with a little bit more warning, but in the meantime, I'll try to keep things during normal business hours here in pirate time so there can be a little playing.

As a heads up, though, I wouldn't be shocked if we run a couple bigger ones this weekend. Keep your eyes posted.
    [May 9, 2007 10:19:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Fiddler

Do you need to poke the brigand kings each round of the blockade? Vargas had an impressive finish in the first round but is so far completely absent for round two.
    Orsino, Viridian ocean
    Whitewyvern wrote: 

[May 9, 2007 11:48:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
    Cephalopod
    Developer

Do you need to poke the brigand kings each round of the blockade? Vargas had an impressive finish in the first round but is so far completely absent for round two.

Hrm, he SHOULD still be there, but apparently something with that is boochy, and asking him politely to come back doesn't appear to have worked. Oh bother.

Okay, I guess we have to make smaller, more frequent blockades until that gets resolved. Shatterstone's tied up with this 7 round blockade now, so I guess I'll just see about kicking off ones at kings through the day for the moment.
    [May 9, 2007 11:56:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    StillMyst

Can we /complain him for griefing us with noshows?
    Sorry, had to do it.
    Mogget / Midnight
    Take my PoE, take my land
    Take my brigs and frigates grand
    I don't care, I'm still free
    You can't take the sea from me...

[May 9, 2007 11:14:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    imwamphyr

Can we /complain him for griefing us with noshows?
    Sorry, had to do it.
    <3

Yeah, I took Orsino in for a look around, but no sign of Vargas. I've been pretty busy lately and I forgot to float bigger boats to Shatterstone.

Tonight! Come hell or high water, I'm floating at least 2 war brigs and 1 grand frig (maybe more) over to shatterstone. If we get vargas to come and play, with a set time *please post it*, I volunteer them up along with some supplies to go in and play. I have two subscribed accounts so I can take both in if nobody else can. The right person can even convince me to swap them a few deeds to get opposing forces, if you like.

If we fail to get enough folks interested in manning the big ships, ya'll are welcome to help me move more sloopies over there. It's a fast run, but I've only got 3 there at the moment.
    [May 10, 2007 12:28:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
    tcarr

I have cutters and war brigs at Shatterstone as well, as long as I know to show up. My Midnight flag has an event blockade this evening, but I can skip that if need be (or just lend deeds - I can put them on an alt and you can crew the alt). (yes, i have two currently subscribed accounts)
    LordKalvan of Otherwhen, all oceans but mostly Midnight
    [May 10, 2007 12:53:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Cephalopod
    Developer

2007-05-11

• Increase hold size of cutters.
    • Make merchant brigs/galleons slightly less leaky.
    • Tweak details of which ship types brigand use.
    • Two new ship types: Dhow and Baghlah
    • Award bounties for damaging/sinking brigand vessels when a brigand king attacks. Temporarily enable this for event blockades as well as real blockades where a king is vying for island ownership.

• When a brigand king ship is sunk in a blockade (or a player ship with money in the hold/booty is sunk in a sinking blockade), add sunken treasure to the board.

• A ship that has spent all four parts of the previous turn adjacent to sunken treasure will have the option to play a new puzzle, treasure haul, to bring gold aboard.

• The transistion to treasure haul will be improved, but for now, when a ship has the ability to haul treasure, all duty stations (as well as the hold & booty chest) gain an additional radial menu item to start the treasure haul puzzle.

• Currently, when a spot is completely hauled up, it will not alert players, so they could keep playing treasure haul indefinitely, however no actual money will be hauled up. This will be fixed soon.

• For now, grant anyone with access to Ice subscriber priviledges status there. There are a few things that don't fully recognize this, but the important things (generating influence in a blockade, forming crews, being promoted to officer, etc.) should work. This may change in the future.

[May 11, 2007 4:09:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    sweetnessc

Holy crap. Have I mentioned that I love you? (Well, at least want you. <3)
    My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
    [May 11, 2007 4:11:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    gldnstern

Sneaky! I see this, get all excited, log on, and get worried because I don't see any of this new shininess -- then the "reboot in 2 minutes" message pops up.

You'd think I'd have noticed the client didn't update, huh...
    [May 11, 2007 4:14:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    DreadedChris

Two new ship types: Dhow and Baghlah

!!!!

Blindsided, completely blindsided. Wow. I must get home -now-. Bye.
    ~< The Dread Pirate Chris >~
    [May 11, 2007 4:16:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Cephalopod
    Developer

Okay, looks like we've got a couple hiccups with the release, most notably right now things are EXTREMELY laggy in the client.
    We're working to fix that, but in the mean time, ice is a hair painful to use.
    [May 11, 2007 4:19:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    DreadedChris

(All that -and- a new puzzle. I got so excited by the early items that I completely blipped over the treasures as just part of 'bounties for bks' when they're something totally different! As the song says, it's like a pirate holiday!)
    ~< The Dread Pirate Chris >~
    [May 11, 2007 4:22:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Jirges

ZOmg ZOMg ZOMG!!! Cephalopd, if I liked guys, I'd be all over you.
    Mentos ~ Wicked Peace

Mentos says, "im a tart huh? i thought mentos were sweet?"
    Ladysheena says, "you're the sour apple kind"
    [May 11, 2007 4:27:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    imwamphyr

I was hoping the new boats would be double-price at the palace shoppe, haha. Shoppes are not selling now but when they turn it on, it's going to take a month to get your new ships, haha.

Can we get any word if they're like, geared toward merchant class, war/pillage class, mix of both, neither? Anything?

*changes pants*
    [May 11, 2007 4:53:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
    rhandom

Well, the immediate indication (just a total guess mind you) is that they are war/pillage class ships.

Note that they increased the hold size on the cutter, making it a much better merchant vessel. In addition, the hull and sail profiles of the new ships indicate more maneuverable ships which fits the profile of hunters nicely.

/e can't wait to get his hands on a set.
    Hahvahd on Cerulean, Rhandy everywhere.

Once the pin is removed, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend.
    [May 11, 2007 5:04:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Thunderbird

Recipes of the new ships and the cutter's new hold size are on the YPPedia. The lag is killing me so I'm not logging back on for now :P.
    Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
    Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
    Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
    [May 11, 2007 5:07:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Mr_mover34

For now, grant anyone with access to Ice subscriber priviledges status there. There are a few things that don't fully recognize this, but the important things (generating influence in a blockade, forming crews, being promoted to officer, etc.) should work. This may change in the future.

This still doesnt help out the doub buyer who buys in bulk. When will doub buyers be able to log on ice based on the amount of doubs they buy?
    their, there, they're I always confuse which to use.

Mr Mover
    [May 11, 2007 5:29:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    rhandom

OK, I thought they looked familiar.

Dhow is a European-generic name for Arab-styled sailing vessels. The Baghlah is a specific type of these which was commonly used as a warship and in the slave trade.

I'd say definitely war/pillage ships.

Woohoo! Now I have to go pillaging on Ice to get more PoEs to buy several : )
    Hahvahd on Cerulean, Rhandy everywhere.

Once the pin is removed, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend.
    [May 11, 2007 5:46:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    desko9

I hadn't seen any demand recently for new types of ships, and I'd always dismissed "we needz new shipz" threads as coming from posters new to GD and its history. I guess I'm just old and out of touch. -shrugs-
    [May 11, 2007 6:05:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Posts: 521   Pages: 18   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
    [Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates