• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1329 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
shellyanne

NPP's and how they behave on ships Reply to this Post

[quote][quote] Would it be possible to let the NPPs stay onboard when docking, but add the option to ask them to leave the ship. That way we actually want to dock instead of having to go look for more NPPs over and over again. It would be realistic that the NPPs would want to keep working for us until we ask them not too, after all they are pirates just like us.
[/quote]
They do stay aboard. It's only after you fire them that they go ashore when you put into port.

However, fired or not, they will attempt to leave a vessel if there are no humans players aboard for some long period of time (like 30 minutes).
[quote]

Part of the problems were having with the whole npp issue is that the things samskivert pointed out in a past post don't actually work that way.

1. Npp's WILL leave when you dock even if they have not been fired, I almost always lose at least 1 npp every time we dock and frequently they all leave.
And this is when there are 1 or more Officers on board the ship when we dock.
Which makes docking to pick someone up a real pain, since there is a decent chance you will also have to spend a half hour replacing your npp's.

2. Something that happened twice last night, I and another PP and 3 npp's were on a ship and if the person logged off or got disconnected the Npp's would go from hired to non hired status again and I would have to rehire them. One time this happened while docked and all the npp's walked off.
I'm an officer and I was definitely still on board.

Is this the way it's supposed to be? or are these bugs?
This keeps getting brought up in various threads, but I don't think it's getting across that we think these things are broken since were being told they should be working differently.
[Jan 17, 2003 5:23:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

NPP changes Reply to this Post

Right now NPPs shouldn't leave a ship unless the person who hired them leaves it or he's been logged off over 30 minutes. When the player who hired an NPP logs of, the NPP is considered fired and will leave when the ship reaches port.

Changes to be made imminently:
- NPPs will charge based on time, not nodes (and will give you a quote accordingly).
- Fired NPPs will wait 30 seconds to see if you change your mind, then they will leave your ship, wherever it is.
- If all officers log off (intentionally or otherwise), the NPPs aboard will wait 5 minutes before considering themselves dismissed (then waiting the usual 30 seconds before they jump ship).

This should work in conjunction with the posted solution to the "ship full of NPPs" problem. If you're out at sea and your ship is full, but has NPPs and a crewmember wants to join you, you can just fire an NPP and then invite your crewmember aboard.

Changes to be made later:
Once crews have crew purses and stores, NPPs will be hired from that reserve, rather than with the funds of the hiring individual. This would avoid the need for NPPs to shift to crew leadership once aboard. They will always be under the full crew leadership, once hired.

These changes should clear up a lot of the NPP issues.

-Nemo
----------------------------------------
[Jan 17, 2003 6:20:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AvaPoet

Nemo Said Reply to this Post

NPPs will charge based on time, not nodes (and will give you a quote accordingly).

Ah well. I'm glad of this change...

[Ava runs away and starts to exploit this while I can get away with it]

If all officers log off (intentionally or otherwise), the NPPs aboard will wait 5 minutes before considering themselves dismissed (then waiting the usual 30 seconds before they jump ship).

Sounds good, so long as the previously-hinted at change whereby anyone may log onto a ship that they were on before they were disconnected, if it was in the last 8 minutes. Was that suggested, or did I dream it? It's a good idea, anyway.

This should work in conjunction with the posted solution to the "ship full of NPPs" problem. If you're out at sea and your ship is full, but has NPPs and a crewmember wants to join you, you can just fire an NPP and then invite your crewmember aboard.

Yes yes yes yes yes!!!

(and if you've never seen an orgasm typed before...)

Once crews have crew purses and stores, NPPs will be hired from that reserve, rather than with the funds of the hiring individual. This would avoid the need for NPPs to shift to crew leadership once aboard. They will always be under the full crew leadership, once hired.

I agree entirely, but there are some points to consider: firstly, what happens if the "kitty runs dry"? And will there be a warning (to all logged-on Officers) when this gets close? And how will it be filled (by anyone at any time)? And who can remove from it (and can this be customised by the captain)?

Personally, what I'd really like is if it were possible to set the Crew Shares such that, say, half a share or a full share or two shares of ANY money made on board ship goes to the kitty. Wouldn't that be sweet? <big grin>

Pleeeeease. Make it happen.
Ava
[Jan 18, 2003 12:19:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.avangel.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Re: Nemo Said Reply to this Post

I agree entirely, but there are some points to consider: firstly, what happens if the "kitty runs dry"? And will there be a warning (to all logged-on Officers) when this gets close? And how will it be filled (by anyone at any time)? And who can remove from it (and can this be customised by the captain)?

Personally, what I'd really like is if it were possible to set the Crew Shares such that, say, half a share or a full share or two shares of ANY money made on board ship goes to the kitty. Wouldn't that be sweet? <big grin>

A lot of these are things that will happen with crew purses. Warnings when it's running low might not be included. If your officers can't balance their checkbooks, you need new officers. Shares of pillaging can, I believe, go to the kitty and the amount can be set by the captain.
The other big thing that will fill the crew purse is sales of plunder. As we all know, once commerce hits the archipelago, defeated ships will render up commodities as well as Po8. These commodities can be sold (just like legitimately owned commodities) and the profits from these sale go to the crew purse.
I believe there will also be a way to simply put personal money into the crew purse, but if you're a reasonably good merchant/pillager, you should be okay keeping it full.

-Nemo
[Jan 19, 2003 3:21:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates