• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 32
Posts: 32   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9610 times and has 31 replies Next Thread
tkp42

New tourney schedule Reply to this Post

The new tournament setup has booched my tourney schedule on the wiki. Now, I need your help.

If you happen to see a tournament start, please post the information here, and I'll update the wiki as soon as possible.

Liquor Before Beer
7 pm PST

Thanks, mates!
----------------------------------------
Tonya+nator
Claiming poker ruined the game since 2006
[Apr 21, 2007 6:56:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ice.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Tonyanator [Link]  Go to top 
ediblebob

Re: New tourney schedule Reply to this Post

Same tournament but starts at 10am

everyone needs a second chance

and

endurance match, werent far ahead
Ediblebob on
Viridian, Ice and Malachite
www.rumbeamscottage.co.uk
Simple way to earn free stuff, just by entering surveys!
So far, ive got $20 of amazon vouchers, works in all countries!
[Apr 22, 2007 9:54:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tkp42

These boots were made for rumblin' (Male boots)
3 pm PST

Tonya+nator
[Apr 22, 2007 2:58:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ice.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Tonyanator [Link]  Go to top 
frogkissed11

Hats tourney- start at 10:03 PST (all mens hats, bleh!)

Tdrop
8 slots
standard points
1 game per match
no turbo, no holes

The tiny treasures one has been stuck on the board for hours
JainaSolo, sheepish jedi
Blazeblade says, "you're talking to a SHEEP?"
[Apr 23, 2007 10:01:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Why is there a savvy hat in there?
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Apr 23, 2007 10:14:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

Because they can?
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Apr 23, 2007 10:23:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
frogkissed11

its rackable too. weirdness.
JainaSolo, sheepish jedi
Blazeblade says, "you're talking to a SHEEP?"
[Apr 23, 2007 10:28:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

Also, I've seen These boots were made for rumblin' (Rumble) twice today: 6:01am PDT, 4/23/2007; 9:01pm PDT, 4/23/2007
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Apr 23, 2007 10:40:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
BootHook

Also, I've seen These boots were made for rumblin' (Rumble) twice today: 6:01am PDT, 4/23/2007; 9:01pm PDT, 4/23/2007

Can we please have the broken bottle tourneys again?
Bug: Fix the multi-row sprinkles in Rumble

Rumbling Guide 1
Rumbling Guide 2
Rumble Videos
[Apr 24, 2007 3:13:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ediblebob

I think to liven ice up a bit more, we could have permanent skellies XD
Ediblebob on
Viridian, Ice and Malachite
www.rumbeamscottage.co.uk
Simple way to earn free stuff, just by entering surveys!
So far, ive got $20 of amazon vouchers, works in all countries!
[Apr 25, 2007 12:36:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cephalopod
Developer

I think to liven ice up a bit more, we could have permanent skellies XD

With the way they tend to spawn, there's usually enough that people can't kill them, so we effectively already do. :P
[Apr 25, 2007 1:20:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

I have one big issue with the current tourneys on ice. Many of them involve male clothing. Male hats, male boots, male pants... How about adding something for us ladies? What's the point in trying to win something you can't use? It's no fun.
Pleun,
First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya
[Apr 25, 2007 1:39:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Automated_Ice_tournaments

Pants-Off Dance-Off (Rumble) Next expected at 3pm Thursday April 26th

2,000 PoE
1. Lime/lime fancy ribbon, bloomers (lime/lime)
2. Flared pants (lime/lime)
3. Stripy Knickers (lime)
4. Rags (lime)
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Whitewyvern wrote: 

[Apr 25, 2007 1:44:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
DreadedChris

Did they stop presenting Win Arcuresette's Hat? (Not that that compare/s/d to the number of male hats available ... )

I like trinkets and furniture better than clothes for prizes, but I am quite fond of my Chapeau de Bergerac...
~< The Dread Pirate Chris >~
[Apr 25, 2007 1:46:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

I'm guessing the tournament change forced all existing tournaments to be wiped due to incompatible format.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Apr 25, 2007 1:52:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cephalopod
Developer

I have one big issue with the current tourneys on ice. Many of them involve male clothing. Male hats, male boots, male pants... How about adding something for us ladies? What's the point in trying to win something you can't use? It's no fun.

Yeah, at some point here, I want to fix it up a little so it's less gender imbalanced. I've been careful to have the two versions of Pants-Off Dance-Off, but there's a pile of other tournaments that aren't that way.

I'm guessing the tournament change forced all existing tournaments to be wiped due to incompatible format.

Well, and we also periodically wipe them all and make new ones just because it's fun, and eventually there are so many large cats named Crookshanks floating around that it's just silly.
[Apr 25, 2007 2:34:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Adrean99

I agree with you 100%.

I want girly clothes!
[Apr 25, 2007 3:45:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

Yeah, at some point here, I want to fix it up a little so it's less gender imbalanced. I've been careful to have the two versions of Pants-Off Dance-Off, but there's a pile of other tournaments that aren't that way.

Thanks Ceph, that'd be great. I'll be waiting impatiently till you get around to it.
Pleun,
First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya
[Apr 26, 2007 12:22:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tkp42

Tiny Treasures seems perpetually stuck on the tourney board.

Cephalopod wrote: 
Well, and we also periodically wipe them all and make new ones just because it's fun, and eventually there are so many large cats named Crookshanks floating around that it's just silly.

Don't believe him? Ask me for an invite... hehe.

And please give us some girly clothes as prizes! Why not do one male and one female item, especially in the Hats tourney? Rubbaduck scared the crap out of my the other day in a rumble tourney when he showed up with a mask on!

Arcturusette's Hat pops up some time in the evening. I usually see it Monday nights during the poker party, so I guess that would make it around 7:30 pm PST?
Tonya+nator
[Apr 26, 2007 9:40:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ice.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Tonyanator [Link]  Go to top 
ziggy29

Probably not easy to implement but it would be nice if there were an option to make the clothing prizes gender-dependent.

That way, a prize might either be a male hat or a comparably-valued female hat depending on gender. Obviously, when players create tournaments to get rid of stuff they can't use, there's not a lot of options there. But tournaments created by OMs and such? Sure, why not?
The Dread Pirate Zigberts
Officer and MadMaddieMae's Lesser Half
Wyvern's Pride of the Midnight Ocean (Zignewton on Ice)
[Apr 26, 2007 10:02:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bungleton
Developer

I just had a go at balancing this since I'm the one that created the all male clothing tourneys in the first place. Who knew clothing had genders?
[Apr 26, 2007 11:15:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
taelac

Bungleton wrote: 

I just had a go at balancing this since I'm the one that created the all male clothing tourneys in the first place. Who knew clothing had genders?

Awww. Greenie developers are so cute. <3
~Taelac
ROMS XVII:Vanilla Filler
Dead Thread
[Apr 26, 2007 12:14:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DreadedChris

Ut-oh.

I hope this means that a 'My God... it's full of bonnets!' tourney was added and that you didn't take away half the hats. :O
~< The Dread Pirate Chris >~
[Apr 26, 2007 1:08:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

I thought you took your developers from your game playing population so that they knew the game in detail first.

Err, maybe your new developers should spend some time playing, get their green name to fade to blue before writing code :-)
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Apr 28, 2007 8:43:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
Frostyspyda

Awww. Greenie developers are so cute. <3

xD
Redspyda,

Hunter
[May 2, 2007 8:31:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tkp42

*BUMP*

Well, the tourney schedule seems to have changed again. Anyone know what the new details are? You all know I'm addicted to these things.
Tonya+nator
[Dec 9, 2007 10:31:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ice.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Tonyanator [Link]  Go to top 
soveruin

Sarcasm:

Instead of changing the tounrey, we could just have ones starting in 3 seconds with 10,000,000 poe as a prize and an assortment of familiars and rare itesm as a prize. Only 1 pirate for entry, and they appear every 1 second. It saves all the hassle of making schedules.

But why are the ringers changing the schedules and not telling us? Its annoying that hard work of listing it all will lead to them being changed and pirates waiting for something that wont come.
~Ols
[Dec 9, 2007 10:37:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

It's not intentional. They posted in one of the threads that they were trying to fix the bugged tournaments and it may have affected the schedule.
Selling my Grunion Collection!
174 ships, 164 sloops, ALL GRUNIONS!
[Dec 9, 2007 12:56:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
Cephalopod
Developer

It's not intentional. They posted in one of the threads that they were trying to fix the bugged tournaments and it may have affected the schedule.

Yeah, we really don't deal with the tournaments on ice very frequently. On occasion, something will go boochy and destroy them, so we'll throw up new ones. Even less frequently, we'll sometimes realize it's been an exceptionally long time since the last bug ate things, and we'll blow them away and make new ones. But it's mostly the first case...mostly.
[Dec 9, 2007 3:59:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TToby

Yeah, we really don't deal with the tournaments on ice very frequently. On occasion, something will go boochy and destroy them, so we'll throw up new ones. Even less frequently, we'll sometimes realize it's been an exceptionally long time since the last bug ate things, and we'll blow them away and make new ones. But it's mostly the first case...mostly.

Me thinks the Tournys are very Broken at lot of them seem to be missing & as for skellys 5 on cringe yesterday, we beat them in round 1 winning 8k each plus 2 lots of male clothing each that were to old to be racked!, When i logged on today the clothing dusted & no 2:30am (PST) Tourny

Cutlusjenny ..... every Ocean :)
CutlusJenny on all Eight Oceans ..... Yarr
[Dec 10, 2007 2:31:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 32   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates