• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 28
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4138 times and has 27 replies Next Thread
Megami1

Operation Fail-Saiph: Phase 3 (Event Blockades)

Now that phase 2 is well underway and is pretty much just waiting on the Distillery to dust and the renaming event to go through before completion, it's time to begin implementing phase 3: Event Blockades.

To that end we'd like the opinion of Hunter on what types of event blockades you'd like to see more of. A complete list of the options for these events can be found here.

Let us know the options you guys like the best and we will try to make sure there is enough variation in the events for everyone to enjoy.

Phase 3 consists of the following event blockade items:

Special Request Events: So far we've had a couple of event blockades requested by hearties (sinking bumper sloops and a couple others). We will continue to do event blockades on special request. However, we do not want to be swamped with tells about this. We prefer our game time to be just that, OUR GAME TIME. So if you wish to request an event blockade please contact either Tentei or myself via PM on these forums at least 24 hours in advance to request one. In game "tell" requests will NOT be granted. Please include what options you would like and the start time when you contact us. We will not track you down to get this information.

Practice Blockades: In an effort to boost Hunter's blockade climate and help ourselves and other flags ready themselves for the normal blockade arena, we are willing to act as opposing forces for practice blockades on Saiph for ANY flag/crew/blockade team that wishes. You may contact either Tentei, Drayke or myself to get that set up if you wish. If more than one flag wishes to do this we will try to arrange practice blockades between them on the island at a designated time.

Main Event Blockades with Prizes: The idea here is to schedule regular event blockades (perhaps monthly or bi-weekly depending on funding for the prizes to be offered) to be billed as a main event and advertised in the island news as well as on Hunter Events. These blockades may range from ketchy cubby to bumper sloops to running the gauntlet to normal blockade rules or anything else that creative minds can dream up. Prizes may range from rum/shot to ships to poe to who knows what at this point. Any ideas (being realistic) that you all have regarding event ideas and prizes would be helpful in fleshing out our plans for this part of Phase 3.

Again, we at SoTF would like to thank everyone for your continued support of Operation Fail-Saiph. Let the Games and Fun begin.
----------------------------------------
Megami,
Retired
Lotsofgoats wrote: 
Megami has proposed a muffin. If you propose a waffle in return, ye will be breakfast buddies!

Intner wrote: 
Go fly a malakite!

[Mar 29, 2007 12:13:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gunnermooch

Re: Operation Fail-Saiph: Phase 3 (Event Blockades)

As I love blockades so much I think a little planning would be nice. Not all players can move ships at short notice, so it would be great to have plenty of notice to get a ship to Saiph for your favourite day/event that week. Not sure if something like this would work, just my opinion.

Monday Mayhem - All ships (sinking)

Tuesday Teaser - Sloops and War Brigs (non-sinking) All sloops like to tease the war brigs :P

Wednesday Wars - Sloops & Cutters (sinking)

Thursday Terror - All ships (non-sinking)

Friday Fail-Saiph - A member of SotF picks how they would like it to be set up, maybe a lucky draw to choose a new person each week.

Without too much thought I am sure you could even turn some into events with prizes.

Also, if you are around for evening ones, try and set up one for 12 hrs later so players from other timezones might get a chance too.

Gunnermooch
Wishing blockades were 24/7
Dalnoth wrote: He was going on an on about some Cybersex with a 13 year old accusation, however I immediately dismissed the claim based on the fact that slimbottom can't even type one whole sentence coherently let alone have cybersex.
[Mar 29, 2007 12:52:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
richstall

Yay, and a Simple day by day schedule would be easy maybe posted on the island news? and big event blockades would rock <3 Sotf
~Richstall~
Hunter Ocean
S.O. of Frozen

That makes me a saddd panda...

[Mar 29, 2007 12:59:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fuzzrock

I find myself in complete agreement with Gunnermooch.

Wacky.
-Zuf, of Hunter
Now with Avatar goodness!
[Mar 29, 2007 1:24:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tentei

I've always wanted to do a seven rounder for a prize,
Where the prize was dependent on how many rounds a flag would
win.

I saw one almost run on Sage.. =s

Anyway.

I think we, as Sins of the Flesh, will find some way to make a schedule work, if that's the general "Desire" of the ocean, and we'll uphold it even after we progress through stage-4
Tentei,
Co-Captain of Sinful Pleasures, First player crew on Malachite
Co-Monarch of Wild Cards, First player flag on Malachite.

Lovable squishy PANDA. :o
[Mar 29, 2007 1:42:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tispowwow

how i do agree with the 7-day blockade shmedule i was thinking of something different.

Maybe, because the main ships contenders use in blockades and war-brig and war frigs. Both being fairly cheap durable and the infomus double-shot make them blockade machines.

So why not practce with them??? i say make most of them war frig-briggy associated. for the benifit of oders
so wat u think?
-----------------------------------

One can only see how far
his eyes will take him
[Mar 29, 2007 1:59:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TarnumTheRed

how i do agree with the 7-day blockade shmedule i was thinking of something different.

Maybe, because the main ships contenders use in blockades and war-brig and war frigs. Both being fairly cheap durable and the infomus double-shot make them blockade machines.

So why not practce with them??? i say make most of them war frig-briggy associated. for the benifit of oders
so wat u think?

Again please? This time with your big boy words.
Tarnum

Darvid wrote: 
I guess it's just fun to poke the retarded bunny.
Muroni wrote: 
Who isn't sure that leif will let me enter him, but I'm willing to try.

[Mar 29, 2007 2:06:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tentei

so wat u think?

[run_Babelfish.prg]

As much as I do agree with the seven day schedule, I was thinking of doing it somehow differently.

Maybe, because the main ships flags use in blockades, when contesting, are war-brigs and war-frigs....
And because both are fairly cheap for how long they last, and the power they provide....
You should run practice blockades with just them. War frig and brig associated events.

1. For the benefit of peoples sense of smell.
2. For the benefit of people ordering them.
3. For the benefit of other people.

What do you think?

[/run_Morontranslator]
Tentei,

[Mar 29, 2007 2:12:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tispowwow

so wat u think?

[run_Babelfish.prg]

As much as I do agree with the seven day schedule, I was thinking of doing it somehow differently.

Maybe, because the main ships flags use in blockades, when contesting, are war-brigs and war-frigs....
And because both are fairly cheap for how long they last, and the power they provide....
You should run practice blockades with just them. War frig and brig associated events.

What do you think?

[/run_Morontranslator]

Seri0sjy i can tunderst@nd a wor dj00 sayin

ahhh....the irony

One can only see how far
his eyes will take him
[Mar 29, 2007 5:29:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tentei

so wat u think?

[run_Babelfish.prg]

What do you think?

[/run_Morontranslator]

Seri0sjy i can tunderst@nd a wor dj00 sayin

ahhh....the irony

I know you exist only to hear this stuff...

But why don't you go crawl back under your rock? Please stop cluttering our forums with nonsense, even though the OM's rarely take action against people like you, I'd love to see it start to happen.

You are literally making part of my game play less enjoyable, by purposefully being foolish. Please, -please-, Stop.
Tentei,

[Mar 29, 2007 7:38:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mitmit

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=60683

Looking for this one?

Or the 50 million other ones ever made.
Generic comment.
[Mar 29, 2007 8:23:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
GribFritz2

As I love blockades so much I think a little planning would be nice.

Agreed. The one-hour notice of almost EVERY event on all islands turns all of them into a flagsit as the only one competing it is usually the flag who asked for the event in the first place. OCCASSIONALLY this can be a good thing for someone to practice, but I've been seeing one-hour notice events many times a day every day. A little more notice, and perhaps more would compete.

Brig and Frig are real events. In a given week, half of the events should be just those. Allowing ALL ships is an option, but this will just put a bunch of sloops on the board with your large ships making it a bit unrealistic.

The other half of the events should be less for practice and more for fun. I think everyone loves bumper sloops for example. Cannons inneffective is always amusing (especially when people shoot like crazy).

Personally, I don't favor sinking, but some do. As long as some events are sinking, everyone should be somewhat satisified.

You can't please everyone, but at least with this thread, if people don't speak now, they don't have much to complain about later :-)

Trying to please the entire ocean is a tall order. Sincerely, good luck with it. :-)
[Mar 29, 2007 9:47:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tispowwow

As I love blockades so much I think a little planning would be nice.

Agreed. The one-hour notice of almost EVERY event on all islands turns all of them into a flagsit as the only one competing it is usually the flag who asked for the event in the first place. OCCASSIONALLY this can be a good thing for someone to practice, but I've been seeing one-hour notice events many times a day every day. A little more notice, and perhaps more would compete.

Brig and Frig are real events. In a given week, half of the events should be just those. Allowing ALL ships is an option, but this will just put a bunch of sloops on the board with your large ships making it a bit unrealistic.

The other half of the events should be less for practice and more for fun. I think everyone loves bumper sloops for example. Cannons inneffective is always amusing (especially when people shoot like crazy).

Personally, I don't favor sinking, but some do. As long as some events are sinking, everyone should be somewhat satisified.

You can't please everyone, but at least with this thread, if people don't speak now, they don't have much to complain about later :-)

Trying to please the entire ocean is a tall order. Sincerely, good luck with it. :-)

I agree and disagree with this. Like i said before some events should be War frig and War brig type but, i think that we should make most of them sinking. Mostly becuase the past two real blockades have been non-sinking because one of the sides was a wuss to return the war-dec. I havent seen some glub-glub since last week. Wether or not you want to go off wasting peoples ships is up to you. But, sort of set it up. Have like 10 non sinking war frig and war brig blockades then have a sinking one so it would be interesting. Like you said, the one hour notices are a little soon and suprising but real blockades is sort of like that too. They arnt really one hour but 1 week still short notice. Planning event blockades maybe alittle over rated, all that for an island you dont get? Many people there are there for the fun or exp, but i think 1 day/week notices is a bit much for an event blockade

One can only see how far
his eyes will take him
[Mar 29, 2007 10:24:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
grizzwg

I use to think that too! Then they forum banned Drake :D. /complain works wonders.

/e wonders where that Fae blockade thread went as well

Listening to reade was a blast >_>

/me still thinks there was forum bannage avoidance going on somewhere somehow.
Crabitar

Cleansanchez-Hunter-Slippery When Wet
Wokbok tells ye, "Play nice Dickface"
Ye told Wokbok, "Yes mom."
[Mar 30, 2007 9:11:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Grizzwg    Cabinnaw sux [Link]  Go to top 
Lynzerlot

*BUMP*
Returning to the original intent of this thread, SotF would like to post a regular, rotating schedule for event blockades. We are asking all of Hunter for suggestions about what YOU WANT TO SEE for event blockades. Gunnermooch gave his suggestion for a sample schedule. Here's your last chance for input.
Lynzerlot, SO of Pleasureful Sins, Hunter

Lyndsy, still a Hunter on Sage
SO of Wild Cards on Malachite
Assassin for hire.
[Apr 27, 2007 10:34:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

Sinking.
I am Lotsofgoats and I approve this message.
[Apr 28, 2007 8:18:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flamez911

<insert Gunner's schedule here>
-Flamer, reloaded.

Currently in the process of arising from the grave. Hope to see people around more :)
[Apr 28, 2007 8:42:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lynzerlot

Gunnermooch wrote: 
Monday Mayhem - All ships (sinking)

Tuesday Teaser - Sloops and War Brigs (non-sinking) All sloops like to tease the war brigs :P

Wednesday Wars - Sloops & Cutters (sinking)

Thursday Terror - All ships (non-sinking)

Friday Fail-Saiph - A member of SotF picks how they would like it to be set up, maybe a lucky draw to choose a new person each week.

Gunner gave us a good starting position. Specific suggestions we are still looking for:
- Number of rounds
- Cannons effective/ineffective (Bumper sloops!)
- Maneuvers allowed/disallowed
- Density of obstacles

For those of you that do not know, we are able to control all of the above factors as well as time, ship type, sinking, non-sinking, non-sinking/no-removal.

Assassin for hire.
[Apr 28, 2007 9:36:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
moooo666

gunner has a good scedual, but i think we should turn that into a 2 week frezy

1st week (gunners scedual)

monday meyhem - all ships (sinking 7 rounds, cannons effective manuvers allowed, dence obsticals)

tuesday teaser - Sloops and war brigs (non-sinking 5 rounds, cannons effective, manuvers, turbulent)

wednesday wars - sloops and cutters (sinking 5 rounds, cannons effective, no manuvers, sparce (old school war))

thursday terror - all ships (non-sinking 3 rounds, cannons effective, manuvers, windy)

(insert moocow's week)

fishy fridays~ sloops and cutters (sinking, 3 rounds, cannons not effective, manuvers, dence)

saiph saturday ~ sloops, merch brigs, merch frigs (non sinking, 5 rounds, alliances count, cannons effective, manuvers, normal)

sinking sunday ~ cutters, war brigs, war frigs (sinking, 7 rounds, alliances count, cannons effective, manuvers, dence)

(week 2)

manuver monday~ sloops cutters (non sinking, non removal, 5 rounds cannons not effective, manuvers, sparce)

turbulent tuesday~ all ships (sinking, 5 rounds, cannons effective, manuvers, turbulent)

what ever wednesday~ all ships (non sinking 3 rounds, cannons effective, no manuvers, normal)

turny thursday~ sloops, cutters, war brigs (sinkig, alliances count, 7 rounds, cannons effective, manuvers, rocky)

(gunners)
fail-saiph friday~ SOTF pick a set up

and give a break durring weeks of major cades (island openings)

my thoughs mooo
Moocow of Hunter
SO Black Watch (Collusion)
born from the Sins of the Flesh
an all around utterly evil pirate

** please note my opinions are my own **
[May 10, 2007 2:33:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gunnermooch

monday meyhem - all ships (sinking 7 rounds, cannons effective manuvers allowed, dence obsticals)

tuesday teaser - Sloops and war brigs (non-sinking 5 rounds, cannons effective, manuvers, turbulent)

wednesday wars - sloops and cutters (sinking 5 rounds, cannons effective, no manuvers, sparce (old school war))

thursday terror - all ships (non-sinking 3 rounds, cannons effective, manuvers, windy)

(insert moocow's week)

fishy fridays~ sloops and cutters (sinking, 3 rounds, cannons not effective, manuvers, dence)

saiph saturday ~ sloops, merch brigs, merch frigs (non sinking, 5 rounds, alliances count, cannons effective, manuvers, normal)

sinking sunday ~ cutters, war brigs, war frigs (sinking, 7 rounds, alliances count, cannons effective, manuvers, dence)

(week 2)

manuver monday~ sloops cutters (non sinking, non removal, 5 rounds cannons not effective, manuvers, sparce)

turbulent tuesday~ all ships (sinking, 5 rounds, cannons effective, manuvers, turbulent)

what ever wednesday~ all ships (non sinking 3 rounds, cannons effective, no manuvers, normal)

turny thursday~ sloops, cutters, war brigs (sinkig, alliances count, 7 rounds, cannons effective, manuvers, rocky)

(gunners)
fail-saiph friday~ SOTF pick a set up

and give a break durring weeks of major cades (island openings)

my thoughs mooo

No event blockades on weekends.

Love the rest though <3

Gunnermooch
Waiting for this to be put into action.
Dalnoth wrote: He was going on an on about some Cybersex with a 13 year old accusation, however I immediately dismissed the claim based on the fact that slimbottom can't even type one whole sentence coherently let alone have cybersex.
[May 10, 2007 3:05:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lynzerlot

Gunnermooch wrote: 

As am I.
/e coughs.
Alas, sometimes real life interferes. How RUDE!

One frustrating thing about event blockades is that only one can be scheduled per island at a time. When the schedule is finalized, it will be posted in the island news, as well as in this thread.

Assassin for hire.
[May 10, 2007 8:47:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gunnermooch

Gunnermooch wrote: 

As am I.
/e coughs.
Alas, sometimes real life interferes. How RUDE!

One frustrating thing about event blockades is that only one can be scheduled per island at a time. When the schedule is finalized, it will be posted in the island news, as well as in this thread.

Thanks for the update. Also, you can only plan one event for now , who knows what future add-ons they will add to this.

Gunnermooch
[May 10, 2007 9:05:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
moooo666

another thing i was thinking to get the whole ocean in on the fun (well some of the 'smaller flags' as they like to call them self) is for each 2 week cycle give a prize like a WB or WF and do one week like most round wins, and another time, most cade wins (yes those are diffrent), it would nice to do most sinks/ removals, but that would take more man power and work.

i think that could get people interested in event cades again.
Moocow of Hunter
SO Black Watch (Collusion)
born from the Sins of the Flesh
an all around utterly evil pirate

** please note my opinions are my own **
[May 11, 2007 12:33:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Neom555

One thing that has not really been discussed in this thread is at what time these blockades will be held. Should that change from week to week or stay at the same time each week so that people who like a certain day of the week's Event Blockade will always know when it will start?
Procyon
SO of Pleasureful Sins
Prince of Sins of the Flesh
[May 12, 2007 8:36:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Megami1

I would like to shake it up a bit as far as times go.

Say if we do Monday Mayhem at noon game time so that the UKers can play in their evening this week, Then the next time we do it we should do it in the evening game time so the players on this side of the globe have an evening one. Perhaps alternating daily with the major game timezones for players.

As Lynz said as soon as we get the schedule finalized and a pretty post printed up for you guys, we'll put it here and on the island news. I'd like to have that ready so we can start them this week coming up.

Also look for our first rotating governorship event to be announced. We already know what the event is going to be, we just need to flesh out some of the rules for the event and get a post together announcing everything.

We think we've got some really fun stuff planned out for Saiph for you guys and we hope you will enjoy it.

I'm also going to set up a place on SoTF's forums as a public thread for Saiph Island. We'll get a link posted on the island news so that you guys can post suggestions, requests for special event cades and leave comments or questions about the island there. We'll also copy all our Saiph events posts there as well as on the Hunter Events forum here.

We appreciate everyone's patience as we've gotten Pandaland (Saiph) ready for it's Grand Opening. We are really hoping it will be as magical as we know it can be for all of Hunter. Because when you wish on a bamboo shoot, your dreams come true. ^_^
Megami,
Retired
Lotsofgoats wrote: 
Megami has proposed a muffin. If you propose a waffle in return, ye will be breakfast buddies!

Intner wrote: 
Go fly a malakite!

[May 13, 2007 2:51:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
titanrulez

Great post Megami, can't wait for the plans for Saiph to be carried out! ^_^
Titanrulez of Hunter. Retired.

Now Titanrulez of Emerald.
[May 13, 2007 4:30:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NickScorpio

(week 2)

Pre-mades from the SY at a reasonable price might be a decent seller on these days, should the sinky schedule become a hit with the ocean. I have my doubts that it will but having pre-mades available would take away the "I don't have a sinkable ship at Saiph" excuse.

Just a thought....
Hankscorpio
[May 14, 2007 12:33:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
grizzwg

Id just like to say, I love how you guys planned this out, I have wn idea but itll have to wait till I get a regular keyboard.
Crabitar

Cleansanchez-Hunter-Slippery When Wet
Wokbok tells ye, "Play nice Dickface"
Ye told Wokbok, "Yes mom."
[May 14, 2007 8:11:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Grizzwg    Cabinnaw sux [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates