• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 252
Posts: 252   Pages: 9   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 94390 times and has 251 replies Next Thread
om2

Re: Trinket suggestions thread Reply to this Post

A whisking potion tied to a ball and chain perhaps?
----------------------------------------
When God sneezes, what do you say?
[Mar 26, 2007 8:06:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
om2

Totally, a buisness card with a picture of a pirate on it!
When God sneezes, what do you say?
[Mar 26, 2007 8:21:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yaaarrgh

I would like to suggest that the Rumble Tourny trinkets and the old Sea Battle trinkets (from forever ago) be made or altered to fit into display cases. Anything that's a trinket should be able to go in the display case, and not just most trinkets...

if this was the wrong place to post this topic, than please help redirect me. Thanks!
Yaarrgh
Viridian Ocean
Professional Trophy Discoverer =D
[Mar 26, 2007 7:15:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

It's the right place and the Developers intend to make non-tradeable trinkets placeable in display cases (on The List of approved ideas).

Faulkston,
:-)
[Mar 26, 2007 8:57:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
aaron2pixel

Alchemical: There are lots of ideas in mind for this one, but I mostly like the Broken Vial that ye may win every time you fill like 500 bottles.
Retired.
[Mar 27, 2007 12:26:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

Alchemical: There are lots of ideas in mind for this one, but I mostly like the Broken Vial that ye may win every time you fill like 500 bottles.

That sounds more like a trophy than a trinket in my opinion.
Shortyjack of the Midnight Ocean
[Mar 27, 2007 12:28:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
Onocron

Hey, I say Yaruto (sage) with a parrot feather. Let's just add like a banana(monkey) or Old suction cup (octo) instead? :D

Da List
Cannonball
Vile of Sand
A Lime
A Lemon
An Orange
An Apple.
Maybe add an extra BK trophy or 2... :D
Shout.
[Mar 27, 2007 7:54:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KonfuZer

I have been wanting this for quite some time, but especially now that the award trinkets have been introduced:

When a trinket is inscribed, the inscriber's name is auto-appended to the inscription. This would allow for such things as recognition from captains/monarchs or tourney prizes (eg, "This certificate is good for a discount at Reep's tailor stall").

Current System
"Awarded to Chaosdaddy, for his outstanding battle navigation skills. ~Reepacheep"

This message could be inscribed by anybody, and none would be the wiser. Even worse, and not useful under the current system because of the ease of duplication:

"The winner of this tourney gets 20% off any bludgeon from Reepacheep's Shipyard on Dragon's Nest."

Proposed Change
"Awarded to Chaosdaddy, for his outstanding battle navigation skills." - Reepacheep

or

"The winner of this tourney gets 20% off any bludgeon from Reepacheep's Shipyard on Dragon's Nest." - Reepacheep

In other words, it would end up being ["inscription" - PirateName]. Or '~' instead of '-'. /e likes '~' better.
~ Reepacheep
:: Found on the Meridian Ocean
:: Sail with me
[Mar 28, 2007 12:17:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sinocelt

In other words, it would end up being ["inscription" - PirateName]. Or '~' instead of '-'. /e likes '~' better.

Me likey!
ROM ON SAGE AND ALL OTHER OCEANS
[Mar 31, 2007 3:19:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.sicart.info/en/etc/fav/ypp.html [Link]  Go to top 
coffeegirl

I recieved the exotic coffee trinket yesterday (pink to be exact :D ), which I happen to think was a fantastic addition to the the trinket collection. However, the giver and myself, were bother sorely dissappointed that a message could not be written on this trinket. 5K and 5 Dubs :) ... come on ringers :/ , even the cookies let you write a message and they are only 1k and 1 Dub.

~~ coffeegirl
[Jun 15, 2007 7:48:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Minsiem

Mrawp. Reply to this Post

This is skellie-related, but merely involves the skull trinket... so I figured it goes in this thread...? Apologies if I was wrong. :P

Anyway, my idea (which I have heard others suggest, I believe, yet couldn't find in my search of the forum) is that the skulls you win have dates on them, much like the BK trinkets. For example, "Defeated by Minsiem on June 32, 2007".

I can't think of a useful reason, other than that it would be nice. Personally I think it would have been great if skulls had been dated long ago, because then I could figure out which skulls were won before or after the trophy update, thus indicating when I might win the Head Honcho. >.>
Minsiem, Like A Fox
Nimbelina, Any Minute Now

I believe in a Higher Purple!

Erfan flag officer chats, "let's cade a popular forage island"

[Jul 2, 2007 9:09:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jezzebel

Re: Mrawp. Reply to this Post

I only skimmed the rest of this thread, so sorry if I missed this suggestion. I would like to be able to monogram my hanky trinket. 3 letters should be sufficient and appropriate for a monogram.
Redjenny, Now merged with Health Nutz
Thebloggess wrote: 
A hug is like a strangle you haven't finished yet!

[Jul 26, 2007 12:13:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Naparoo

Brownies

The palace shoppe already sells Cookies, Cakes, and Pies.

Why don't they have brownies?

Could be either normal (chocolate) or Blondie (unknown magical vanilla cake-colored) brownies.

.me would buy brownies
Neaopa of Sage

-The Only Man with a Pocket Oven-
Who also happens to Approve of brownies...
[Aug 5, 2007 8:42:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nika2007

Y didnt anyone make a Antedeluvian conch trinket. I know there are conch trinkets, and a conch trophy... but i think there should be this nice ateean trinket :).

PS: im still not sure if id brake open my conch fer that trophy... tho i would for a nice trinket ;)
I was Sexynika on all oceans (mainly Viridian). Retired.

"if we're not having sex with atlantis, why do we keep goin in and out, in and out?"

[Sep 25, 2007 11:33:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    hwi_noree2004 [Link]  Go to top 
McGarvery

My Trinket Ideas. (Possible locations)

Broken Trident's Head (Defeat the highest level elite Dragoon in a 1 vs 1 duel challenge / Survive a Citadel fight.)

Rusted Coin (Prize from Treasure Haul Chests.)
[Oct 10, 2007 9:38:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cbh66

Trinkets are supposed to be more special. If you can just get them by pure luck, it's really not worth having.
[Oct 11, 2007 1:16:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
McGarvery

Trinkets are supposed to be more special. If you can just get them by pure luck, it's really not worth having.

Coral, Shells, etc. are already coming up from chests. And some of them are unique colored (Atlantean)
I don't see anything wrong with a new type trinket coming up. Especially one that is appropriate to Atlantis trips... like a Rusted Coin.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by McGarvery at Oct 12, 2007 8:28:58 AM]
[Oct 12, 2007 8:28:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cbh66

Coral, Shells, etc. are already coming up from chests. And some of them are unique colored (Atlantean)

Having them available from chests was just stupid. A week before Atlantis you could sell conch shells for 500K. Now you're lucky to get 30K.

But yeah, I'd be fine with the rusted coin if they took the shells and coral out of Atlantis.
[Oct 12, 2007 11:55:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

Next year, come Halloween, I would like to see poison apples for sale. Or perhaps winnable from special event characters.
Taco - teh one and only

Deer season hell, I'm waiting for stupid season to open.
[Oct 24, 2007 1:23:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
micklauer

My Trinket Ideas. (Possible locations)

Broken Trident's Head (Defeat the highest level elite Dragoon in a 1 vs 1 duel challenge / Survive a Citadel fight.)

These sound like trophies...
Devout follower of Apollo
d(-_^) Blackhat Approved
[Oct 26, 2007 10:47:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Applez2000

Shark Tooth:

If you sink in Atlantis, you go underwater and swordfight a load of man-eating sharks. This would be optional, because losing to the sharks would take away one random item from your inventory and 5,000 PoE from the Captain of the ship's crew (meaning only Captains can enable this option). If you get a killing blow on one of the sharks, you would get the trinket: Shark Tooth.

Instead of the sharks sending swords in the fights, they would send teeth coming down on your screen!

You would get very good booty according to your combos and killing blows. Sound fair? (No booty to lazers)

Just an idea: Captains can take people off a list of getting booty from the swordfights and those people on the list won't be able to get injuries.
Sofresh (Senior Officer of Warpath)
(Hunter Ocean)

The 7 Reasons to Be A Pirate:
"Booty, Money, Grillz, Liquor, Diamonds, Bunnies, Trill"
Inside joke from Super Deluxe.com ^_^
[Oct 30, 2007 5:51:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Isis_neith

I hope this is the correct thread.....

I would like to see a Poppy trinket.

It is not that piratey related, but in real life I wear one until Nov.11, Rememberance Day. It's to remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice, the ones who have fallen in war and military operations. So, I would like to have the chance to wear one in game as well.

Lest we forget.
~judhorqa
[Oct 31, 2007 11:45:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
seb_long_uk

I'd like to see more trinkets. I don't care what they are, or where they come from, just so long as they are not given away in huge numbers (read: Atlantis, 8 hour tourneys or palace shoppe) and are pretty. Almost all of the existing trinkets have been given away in the 8 hour regular tournaments or Atlantis, which not only significantly reduces the value of that particular Trinket/colour combination, but devalues the Trinket type as a whole. Not to mention it is disheartening for Pirates who have won that particular Trinket/colour combo in a full-scale event, only to have its aesthetic value ruined.

In short: More trinkets please, and can it be arranged so they are only given infrequently, somewhat like the Mirror and Comb trinkets (although how long before they are put into the 8 hour trash pile?).

Thanks for your consideration.
Domokun
Avatar by the incredible Tilinka
[Nov 19, 2007 1:53:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    My other sloop is a Gold/Gold rename [Link]  Go to top 
mattsbaby04

do you think we could make it so that you can pick both the colors on a candy cane that way they could be more customized?
~Jessicab~*Lady of the flag*~Black Dragon~
[Dec 6, 2007 12:02:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
skul_pirate

I think you should be able to use the lump of coal trinket in a different tab, and "break" it open to reveal one of a few randomly generated gems (Diamond, ruby, sapphire etc.)
Skullmasher on hunter
Senior and Navigator of "Prawnstar"
Member of some crappy flag.

You mess with the best, you end up like the rest, with a little less, without your cat named bess, and this statement is a mess, which i cant stress.
[Dec 10, 2007 8:32:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

skul_pirate wrote: 
I think you should be able to use the lump of coal trinket in a different tab, and "break" it open to reveal one of a few randomly generated gems (Diamond, ruby, sapphire etc.)

Rubies and sapphires are not composed of carbon.

Faulkston,
:-)
[Dec 10, 2007 8:37:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

Perhaps, a full set of clocks. As we have combs. Make it very rare as coms (NOT available from chests)
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Dec 14, 2007 11:28:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lufk

I think is nice a trinket about skellies, currently you get only a skull, shoul be nive when you get more than 10 skull you start earning silver skulls, after 100, golden skulls, like the trophys..
Viridian ocean =P
xP
[Edit 1 times, last edit by lufk at Dec 29, 2007 3:28:36 PM]
[Dec 29, 2007 1:05:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jezzebel

I looked through the index and didn't see it so here goes. I'd like to be able to hold some of my trinkets in portraits. There are several that you can hold: BK trinkets, Antediluvian conch. However, I have a couple more-rare trinkets (more rare than BK trinkets anyway) that I'd like to be able to hold.

In my latest portrait I wanted to hold a handkerchief. I own a pink/black hanky trinket from a forum contest. Imagine my sorrow at being unable to hold that, whereas someone who won the hanky trinket from a BK would be able to hold theirs. Additionally, one of my most prized possessions is a black/grey 3rd-place ribbon trinket also from a forum contest - I'd love a portrait with that.

It seems almost a little unfair that the more rare trinkets cannot be held. I suppose it's a question of not wanting to spend the time on the artwork for something fewer people will use?
Redjenny, Now merged with Health Nutz
Thebloggess wrote: 
A hug is like a strangle you haven't finished yet!

[Jan 8, 2008 9:02:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

It may be a case of "nice idea, haven't got around to it yet".

Faulkston,
shrugging
[Jan 8, 2008 5:56:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 252   Pages: 9   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates