• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5505 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
saintdiana

april updates Reply to this Post

the global chat:
- i'd like to suggest changing the toggle commands to /onglobal and /offglobal, so that we don't have to type the whole command for chat. it saves time and typos to be able to quickly write "/gl <anything that doesn't fit in trade chat>", just as we'd write /tr, /ve, /e etc.
- will it be selectable from the bubble to the left of typing area?

flotilla:
- offering charting and damage control services to anyone who'd like to test out the new changes, in about 8h from now and similar times the following week.
----------------------------------------
~ owlwhisperer ~
[Edit 1 times, last edit by saintdiana at Apr 30, 2017 2:51:56 AM]
[Apr 30, 2017 2:40:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forculus
Developer

Re: april updates Reply to this Post

the global chat:
- i'd like to suggest changing the toggle commands to /onglobal and /offglobal, so that we don't have to type the whole command for chat. it saves time and typos to be able to quickly write "/gl <anything that doesn't fit in trade chat>", just as we'd write /tr, /ve, /e etc.
- will it be selectable from the bubble to the left of typing area?

These are sensible suggestions, however I want to try and discourage flippant use of this chat channel. Hopefully having to type the full command will be a small deterrent to people typing stuff like "/gl lol". We'll keep an eye on things though, and if that's not an issue after the release, a shortcut could be added a little later on.
[May 1, 2017 12:25:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
saintdiana

good point. in that view, it suddenly seems like a tiny insufficient hurdle.
~ owlwhisperer ~
[May 1, 2017 12:48:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

Don't most people use the up and down arrow keys for selecting chat anyway?
Jjc on Emerald
Jc on Obsidian (regrettably)
My Kraken bombing guide
CI booty division stats
[May 1, 2017 12:52:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Didn't know that was even possible.
I switch between /crew, /o, and /tell so much, that it became much safer for me to type it in my conversation, rather than inappropriately booching
Dexla d'Midnight
[May 1, 2017 4:17:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Simple solution for this would be to not have /global able to be selected that way. I think this applied to the old /greenie command back before it was removed. I could be wrong on that though, I hardly used it at all (and never used it after it became a contentious thing).
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[May 1, 2017 7:23:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

"/global", the chat channel for everyone that is forum banned and can't play in their ocean's Parley forum
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[May 2, 2017 7:07:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates