• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4664 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Fazzed

Suggestions and Praise for the new update. Reply to this Post

Ahoy mates, i almost didnt make this post because i feel like im spamming the forum but then i looked at the parley forums and realized im not keeping up. Anyway to the point!

I Have a few suggestion to add to the greedy pirates update. Now i know it might be nearly complete with only a few bugs to fix and things to polish, however i'll spill my thoughts for free anyway.

~Brigand King
I'm not saying that every BK should have their own gimmick like Vargas and Barnabas, but shouldnt Gretchen Goldfang be the Greedy Pirate Overlord? I mean just read her quotes:

Gretchen Goldfang says, "I thought I smelled treasure in the air... To your stations! I can almost taste their precious gold already!"

Gretchen Goldfang says, "Show no mercy and their riches are ours!"

Gretchen Goldfang says, "See this golden smile, feeble pirate? You just helped make it bigger! Ha ha ha!"

Would be cool after stealing X amount of treasure, Gretchen Would seek out to engage the player ship to steal their hard earned Lavish lockers and have the opportunity to steal more from the greedy boss herself. let me know what you guys think.

~High and Low tier chests
Now there has always been a system of 3 chests in all the SMH's and even in the forage expeditions, with the exception of the yeti. Why not continue it here?

How it would work: Well the low tiered chest would be held by an NPC with a 1 color BG, much like as it is now. The 2nd tier chest would have 2 colors that would need to be completed in order to knock the chest off and the high tier would have 3 colors.

Now this would be harder to implement as it would be very tricky to come up with a formula that would allow the pirate to survive 3 onslaughts of attacks in order to release it's treasure. But hey im sure our devs can figure it out ;D!

~More design items
Now it's pretty cool that theres a new sword rack and bludgeon trunk, but something for the other shops would be nice to keep the economy strong as it is a very fun part of the game as well. Shops like the Apothecary, Ironworks and distilleries. It doesn't need to be new weapons or mugs just something that would require materials that are normally found in these shops.

Those were my suggestions, and are of course open for debate.

Now my praise for this update, this is mostly a message for the dev team and those associated in making the greedy pirates. This update is really awesome so far, it still needs work but thats why were testing it. It'll really brighten up the once dead "open to everyone pillages" and give chance to players who cant/wont do SMH's to actually make some poe. This was a really good idea to get all those box fetishists... i mean players out fighting brigs and barbs again. Thank you!
----------------------------------------
Casteless ~Meridrian~, Lincoln ~Ice~, Fazzed ~Cerulean~ Purevoid ~Peasant ocean:Emerald~

Ye told Hera, "you must like omelets."
Hera tells ye, ":D I do!"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Fazzed at Sep 2, 2016 10:53:11 AM]
[Sep 2, 2016 10:52:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

Re: Suggestions and Praise for the new update. Reply to this Post

~Brigand King
I'm not saying that every BK should have their own gimmick like Vargas and Barnabas, but shouldnt Gretchen Goldfang be the Greedy Pirate Overlord?

This idea seems cool, I like it. I wouldn't mind every brigand king having his/her own place in the game eventually and greedies is definitely a place where Gretchen makes sense.

Forculus said on an earlier thread:

There will likely just be one size chest. Having larger chests with special items that can only be won in very difficult circumstances is going to cause ordinary players to be excluded from elite pillages.

~More design items

It has been said that more items are on the way and will be added as the art is made. Forculus said that
"we can probably do a combination of both (design furniture and direct chest-reward) and make some of the future furniture come directly from the Lavish Lockers."
So I'm expecting more design furniture to be on its way.
TriplePat, Joining the great obsidian migration.
[Sep 2, 2016 11:41:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

~Brigand King
I'm not saying that every BK should have their own gimmick like Vargas and Barnabas, but shouldnt Gretchen Goldfang be the Greedy Pirate Overlord?

This idea seems cool, I like it. I wouldn't mind every brigand king having his/her own place in the game eventually and greedies is definitely a place where Gretchen makes sense.
I'm totally with Pat here. This would be awesome.

Forculus said on an earlier thread:

There will likely just be one size chest. Having larger chests with special items that can only be won in very difficult circumstances is going to cause ordinary players to be excluded from elite pillages.
I was originally with you, Fazzed, on this, but I changed my mind. Keep it to only one size of chest. That way, every greenie can legitimately say "I have a chance of winning the highest prize if I try hard.", instead of "I have a chance of winning the highest prize if I can get my stats up to this impossible level and get in the hearty circle of some rich pirate, and only then is it a one in a million chance." I'm a fairly elite-level pirate, and even I know that there are things I will never win because I won't get invited to elite runs. At least, not without someone stretching their "jobbing rules" to let me in.

~More design items

It has been said that more items are on the way and will be added as the art is made. Forculus said that
"we can probably do a combination of both (design furniture and direct chest-reward) and make some of the future furniture come directly from the Lavish Lockers."
So I'm expecting more design furniture to be on its way.
I'm expecting ... whatever is yet to be delivered. I hope that the reason it's taking so long is because there's so much stuff being added. :P

Now my praise for this update, this is mostly a message for the dev team and those associated in making the greedy pirates. This update is really awesome so far, it still needs work but thats why were testing it. It'll really brighten up the once dead "open to everyone pillages" and give chance to players who cant/wont do SMH's to actually make some poe. This was a really good idea to get all those box fetishists... i mean players out fighting brigs and barbs again. Thank you!
Agreed, agreed, agreed, agreed, agreed! Go Forculus (and Arrtists, and anyone else helping him!)
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Sep 2, 2016 1:35:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Fazzed

Aye James i agree, tis why i said finding a formula to make it work would be quite hard. But i would still be interested in a similar mechanic used in a different Update all together.
Casteless ~Meridrian~, Lincoln ~Ice~, Fazzed ~Cerulean~ Purevoid ~Peasant ocean:Emerald~

Ye told Hera, "you must like omelets."
Hera tells ye, ":D I do!"
[Sep 2, 2016 3:26:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates