• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 35
Posts: 35   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10651 times and has 34 replies Next Thread
Fazzed

Lincoln's thoughts on Greedy Pirates update 2016-09-06 Reply to this Post

So after more testing with the new patch, i'd like to share my findings here.

Greenies
I tested the difference a greenie makes to a greedy hunt by gifting one of my accounts as i didnt know we'd have a free ice access weekend :P
My findings resulted in... Nothing. There seemed to be 0 difference with having a greenie on board. but this doesnt mean that a greenie has no effect, it's quite the greenie adds a bonus to the chance of getting greedy pirates but has a negative effect on the ramp thus evening out the Spawns.

This would encourage Mid tier players to job greenies as to avoid very difficult fights while high teir players can still enjoy their elite runs so this adds quite a balanced effect, smart move Grey Havens.

Booty division
It seems more fair now, but not completely players that leave after a single battle out of 10 no longer receive 20%-30% of the chests anymore :P but it still seems off, but from what i hear the booty divvy for chests in this game has always been broken which i find odd because they seemed fair enough for the SMH's /e shrugs

New diffculty in rumble and SF
As for SF i dont see much of a difference i would have like a little more lenient since building a 2x6 or 3x4 block (these block are 100% guarantee imo) is quite hard but i assume that doing a single attack isnt the point. but never the less SF is good the way it is... for me; a previous Ultimate sfer and tournament winner. just food for thought.

Rumble has just the perfect amount of difficulty to it. It's hard enough to make you work for it without it being rediculous i believe it's about 14 linked balls that guarantee a success which is a decent number.

Spawns and frequency of greedies
This seems to have improved, or i've just had more luck then usual but while switching routes i find i dont get streaks of battles with no greedies in them anymore. mostly just 1 battle with none and the next may have 3-5 of them.

I dont know about everyone else but i feel the spawn has increased slightly and to a comfortable amount.

The community

Now i was used to sailing with players and pirates that are used to greedies and know how to handle them properly. I've started making a Guide on how to do Greedies and plan on posting them in the main ocean forums. (after the official release of course with a Spoiler tag) I want to make this because I feel as some players might be able to profit off the methods we've found on ice and of course always open to new ones. Also to ensure less madeup "myths" circle around the oceans :P

As always these are my opinions and you are always welcome to challenge them or discuss them :)
----------------------------------------
Casteless ~Meridrian~, Lincoln ~Ice~, Fazzed ~Cerulean~ Purevoid ~Peasant ocean:Emerald~

Ye told Hera, "you must like omelets."
Hera tells ye, ":D I do!"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Fazzed at Sep 11, 2016 1:51:58 PM]
[Sep 11, 2016 1:50:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fazzed

Re: Lincoln's thoughts on Greedy Pirates(video) Reply to this Post

sorry for double post but think i had a pirate on my ship that received the first pelican

http://imgur.com/a/wekzS
Casteless ~Meridrian~, Lincoln ~Ice~, Fazzed ~Cerulean~ Purevoid ~Peasant ocean:Emerald~

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Fazzed at Sep 11, 2016 4:18:23 PM]
[Sep 11, 2016 4:17:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forculus
Developer

MaxPain wrote: 
I didn't want to start a new thread for this. Here are my results from today's pillage.
Thanks for reporting in! It's really helpful to hear these types of experiences to make sure that the greedy brigands (and lavish lockers) aren't too rare or too common.

Fazzed wrote: 
I tested the difference a greenie makes to a greedy hunt by gifting one of my accounts as i didnt know we'd have a free ice access weekend :P
My findings resulted in... Nothing. There seemed to be 0 difference with having a greenie on board. but this doesnt mean that a greenie has no effect, it's quite the greenie adds a bonus to the chance of getting greedy pirates but has a negative effect on the ramp thus evening out the Spawns.
You may be right that it was simply offsetting the ramp penalty, which is why it wasn't noticeable. It may also have just been a bit of bad luck, not sure. Either way, I'm going to boost the greenie bonus a bit more, otherwise I think there won't be enough incentive to job them.

Fazzed wrote: 
sorry for double post but think i had a pirate on my ship that received the first pelican
Congrats! Looking through the logs, it looks like two people won Pelicans over the weekend. Sadly, no one has won the mysterious new familiar yet.
[Sep 12, 2016 10:03:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
saintdiana

looking at difficulties others and i face, i have 2 questions:

- would a Rechart (Chart back) button be difficult to introduce? available from puzzle and active only at lp, to spare losing dnav score, quicken pursuit if you cross paths at the wrong time, and use the same route over and over without bothering someone to chart.

- in the long term, would it be feasible to widen the right side of the screen in higher resolutions? a lot of times people who puzzle-nav run into rocks because they're out of scope in that tiny minimap, but there's so much empty blue around the puzzle.
~ owlwhisperer ~
[Sep 12, 2016 11:37:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fazzed

Looking for greenies Reply to this Post

Ahoy mates, I want to test the new greenies update, I am currently looking for applicants to help me test this.

All you need is to make a new account and character on Cerulean Ocean, and I will gift 1 month of subscription.

Only Catch is you must job with me and take jobs at my stalls xD

Looking for 2 active ice players

(Ideally i would like to test greenies for 24-30 battles (3 pillages))

Post here or PM me on forum.

[Sep 15, 2016 8:00:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 35   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates