• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 35
Posts: 35   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11912 times and has 34 replies Next Thread
Fazzed

Lincoln's thoughts on Greedy Pirates(video) Reply to this Post

Ahoy mates, I uploaded a video on youtube of a some fight i did with Gunnerfreak, Vinter and Aardappel on Ice.

Now this video was recorded just after August 25th's Update adding in trinkets, and new items in the trading post as well as the greedie's exclusive chests replace the place holding SMH chests.

Now i also have recordings of the previous patch, but this about 8 hours of footage and i just dont have the time tonight to go through all that. :P

This is my first video sorry about all the choppy cuts and i was a bit shy on the voice over so yea... sorry if theres word you didnt understand. My next video will be better i didnt get to the exploits yet :P

This voyage had 4 pirates with a maximum of 3 at once.
8 chests were divided (all went to players and not VO)
8 battles total (0 losses) 2 disengages.

And heres the video link! If you guys have any questions, posting them on the video comments or here and i'll be happy to answer them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUtSU8goAQo

EDIT EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOd1XZ2lgV4&feature=youtu.be

Video for Rumble fights ^

EDIT:
To admins:

-Sometimes while writting in chat during a sf the faces and box near the pirate's head disappear

-If a greedy block is made or increased in size as it is being destroyed in SF it doesnt shine (im not sure if it still counts or not) From my experience it doesnt seem to count as it happened with a 3x4 block

-Not sure if this was intentional or not but has the poe been completely removed from lavish chests, it seems to only be poe coming out of them.
----------------------------------------
Casteless ~Meridrian~, Lincoln ~Ice~, Fazzed ~Cerulean~ Purevoid ~Peasant ocean:Emerald~

Ye told Hera, "you must like omelets."
Hera tells ye, ":D I do!"
[Edit 5 times, last edit by Fazzed at Aug 26, 2016 6:04:36 PM]
[Aug 25, 2016 8:27:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

Re: Lincoln's thoughts on Greedy Pirates(video) Reply to this Post

I agree with your point that the rumble is a bit easier than SF, but I think they're balanced enough.

Do you have any idea what the new trophies are for? Personal chests knocked off?

I'll look into the trading posts on Ice and see what it's like, but I like the idea of the chests. I just wonder why there is only one size....

The biggest thing untested is bigger pillages. We need to find a way to get a WB-ish size ship filled to test brigands....

EDIT: SUGGESTIONS
1) More stuff. The furniture designs are very nice, but that doesn't seem like much. There also needs to be items unique to greedies, I think. Otherwise, it instantly becomes less valuable to collectors. What about ... New pets? New furniture? New clothes? New vessel design (also needed for Kraken)? Shipboard furniture (cannons, helm, figurehead, maybe even replacements for other stations. and also missing for Kraken)?
2) Explorer's banner (and brass telescope) need to have Greedy trinkets added (AND Kraken trinkets, too).
3) Mentioned above.. is it planned to keep only one size of chest? If so, that makes more stuff harder (to get the rarity right)
4) I wonder what the new trophy criteria is, but I do like the fact there are at least 4 trophy chains (so far).
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Edit 1 times, last edit by jlh0605 at Aug 25, 2016 11:50:29 PM]
[Aug 25, 2016 11:20:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Meehearties

So James linked me to the video and I had a look. Then of course i had to log on Ice to check out the items.

Although i couldn't get a good glimpse at the trinkets on the youtube screen I am sure they will be excellent and a joy to collect.

In terms of the new furniture items I adore the art work. Beautifully done! I was a little disappointed with the fact that they were purchasable with a design. My collecting ocd wants them to be something that we have no control over the colour of and ultimately something that becomes a challenge to gather. It would make them more valuable and ultimately it would make the entire greedy brigands pillage hunting more attractive to players which I think is the entire point of the update. We need more furniture items and pets or fams as James suggested above to create that incentive to pilly. If you make the items random in terms of colour you then appeal to the wider community of pirates who see value in the game in different areas such as collectors, merchants, pillagers and even those that enjoy the admin side of keeping ypp up to date. It makes sense all around. I implore you to make that change to the bludgeon trunk and sword rack now and then add more items. Give us a challenge and a new colour palette to work with and figure out.

Finally no post of mine would be complete without another stab at an ongoing bug bear. Not directing this at anyone in particular *coughs Forculus coughs* but when I saw the bludgeon trunk and sword rack my heart sank somewhat as i thought "oh great, more furniture items that cannot be displayed together!! Please please please let us place more than one wardrobe, bludgeon trunk, sword rack, mug rack and trinket case per room!!! With all this beautiful art work it is such a shame that hoarding pirates such as myself cannot display it together in all its glory. resistance is futile!!!

Mee
Meehearties
Hunter Ocean
[Aug 26, 2016 12:14:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

and even those that enjoy the admin side of keeping ypp up to date.

Please don't drag me into this. I still have a booch box hangover. <3
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Aug 26, 2016 12:39:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fazzed

Aye James, i've been waiting to do a large scale pillage on ince but i'd need atleast 12 people to show up :P If an OM could help me host i would not mind providing the ship and driving for it

Do you have any idea what the new trophies are for? Personal chests knocked off?

I'll look into the trading posts on Ice and see what it's like, but I like the idea of the chests. I just wonder why there is only one size....

The biggest thing untested is bigger pillages. We need to find a way to get a WB-ish size ship filled to test brigands....

New trophies, not really im fairly certain it's the amount of Greedy Pirates knocked out. Which isnt much of an achievement in terms of regular pillaging, gonna conduct more pillages to find out. Also that trophy i earned in the video is ship wide according to comments i received this morning

The chests only come in one size yes.
Casteless ~Meridrian~, Lincoln ~Ice~, Fazzed ~Cerulean~ Purevoid ~Peasant ocean:Emerald~

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Fazzed at Aug 26, 2016 6:42:06 AM]
[Aug 26, 2016 6:23:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Beautifully done! I was a little disappointed with the fact that they were purchasable with a design. My collecting ocd wants them to be something that we have no control over the colour of and ultimately something that becomes a challenge to gather. It would make them more valuable and ultimately it would make the entire greedy brigands pillage hunting more attractive to players which I think is the entire point of the update.

This was actually a feature that several of us, including me, requested, in part to keep shopkeepers from being even more marginalized, and in part to make it easier for the non-OCD people in the game to get stuff that matches their decor better, without needing to spend pointless time spamming the inn for the precise colors they're looking for.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by xelto at Aug 26, 2016 7:08:45 AM]
[Aug 26, 2016 7:05:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

and even those that enjoy the admin side of keeping ypp up to date.

Please don't drag me into this. I still have a booch box hangover. <3
Maybe I'll get back into more regular editing! If schoolwork lets me, of course.

Regarding a large pillage: I am willing to participate, if it's at a time I can be online for a while (Friday or Saturday near midnight game time works well).

Regarding furniture from boxes: Yes, I agree with Gurndigarn that making a design for a functional furniture item will help bring (much needed) business back to shops. But I also agree with Meehearties that there needs to be new items. I would argue for making some decorative furniture items only availalble directly from chests, and make the functional furniture items through shoppes/stalls.

Regarding chests: Yes, I know there is only one size of chest. I was just wondering if it will stay that way. Even in Kraken, where trinkets are insanely common, there are some trinkets that cannot be obtained from the cuttle box, but only from higher boxes. I think something similar should happen here.

One more item that I haven't heard feedback from: I think some greedies should have more than once chest to steal, especially once you get the ramp high enough (or maybe make this only possible with greenies aboard, or something). Yes, the first few greedies should only have one chest each, but especially in the higher levels, it'd be nice to see them have two, or even three, each.
~Jamesh on Emerald

[Edit 1 times, last edit by jlh0605 at Aug 26, 2016 7:50:03 AM]
[Aug 26, 2016 7:47:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Fazzed

One more item that I haven't heard feedback from: I think some greedies should have more than once chest to steal, especially once you get the ramp high enough (or maybe make this only possible with greenies aboard, or something). Yes, the first few greedies should only have one chest each, but especially in the higher levels, it'd be nice to see them have two, or even three, each.

This gave me an excellent idea, Having a Brigand/barbarian with Multiple Colors and all of them must be met to receive a higher tier box. this would make things even more interesting

[Aug 26, 2016 11:37:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forculus
Developer

Fazzed wrote: 
Ahoy mates, I uploaded a video on youtube of a some fight i did with Gunnerfreak, Vinter and Aardappel on Ice.
This is really great, thank you for putting the video together. It's possible that swordfight may be a bit difficult and rumble a bit easy in terms of getting chests. I'll look into this a bit more.

Fazzed wrote: 
Not sure if this was intentional or not but has the poe been completely removed from lavish chests
I'll see about adding in some PoE to the mix.

Fazzed wrote: 
jlh0605 wrote: 
Aye James, i've been waiting to do a large scale pillage on ince but i'd need atleast 12 people to show up :P If an OM could help me host i would not mind providing the ship and driving for it
Once we get more of the rewards set up, if time allows I'll check into opening up Ice to everyone to help get a larger pillage group going.

jlh0605 wrote: 
1) More stuff. The furniture designs are very nice, but that doesn't seem like much.
We're working on it, just need more time for the art to be created. There will be a rare familiar, and likely a rare pet, as well as other additional items.

jlh0605 wrote: 
3) Mentioned above.. is it planned to keep only one size of chest? If so, that makes more stuff harder (to get the rarity right)
There will likely just be one size chest. Having larger chests with special items that can only be won in very difficult circumstances is going to cause ordinary players to be excluded from elite pillages.

Meehearties wrote: 
I was a little disappointed with the fact that they were purchasable with a design. My collecting ocd wants them to be something that we have no control over the colour of and ultimately something that becomes a challenge to gather.
As Xelto mentioned, designs had been specifically requested to help keep the shops involved. I can understand the collectors' viewpoint of wanting to find the different color combinations, so we can probably do a combination of both and make some of the future furniture come directly from the Lavish Lockers.

Meehearties wrote: 
Please please please let us place more than one wardrobe, bludgeon trunk, sword rack, mug rack and trinket case per room!!!
This is something I've looked into before, sadly it would require a pretty huge rework to make possible. The issue is that items are actually stored in the Scene, not in the individual trunks/racks.

jlh0605 wrote: 
I've considered this, but something to keep in mind is that as your ramp increases, so does the number of greedy brigands (and hence the number of opportunities for treasure). On larger pillages, players are going to be running into dozens of them each fight. Having one Lavish Locker per brigand helps keep the fights from dragging on too long, since you can grab your treasure and then knock them out. Otherwise, I think it would turn into really long, tedious fights where you're trying to not win too quickly. If you're getting tons of lockers from every fight, they become less meaningful and rewarding to receive (and the average prize value would have to decrease).
[Aug 26, 2016 2:41:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

Forculus wrote: 

Meehearties wrote: 
Please please please let us place more than one wardrobe, bludgeon trunk, sword rack, mug rack and trinket case per room!!!
This is something I've looked into before, sadly it would require a pretty huge rework to make possible. The issue is that items are actually stored in the Scene, not in the individual trunks/racks.

:(
Is there anything you can do about the problem?
Other than removing/expanding the holding limitation that storage furniture has or coming up with new giga sized ones.

Are there any plans to make any of the items that you can get from the greedies, to decay in your inventory based on calendar days? I kind of would want to see that so that those items would be something that we need to go after over and over again...
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~

BUYING EGGS
[Aug 26, 2016 3:39:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fazzed

Fazzed wrote:

This is really great, thank you for putting the video together. It's possible that swordfight may be a bit difficult and rumble a bit easy in terms of getting chests. I'll look into this a bit more.

I recorded a session with more Rumbles and also some losses, It shows how easy the rumbles were in comparison and how the losses affected the ramps. I'll this tonight and send to you via PM aswell as editing my first post with the video added to it.

[Aug 26, 2016 5:08:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Forculus wrote: 

Meehearties wrote: 

:(
Is there anything you can do about the problem?
Other than removing/expanding the holding limitation that storage furniture has or coming up with new giga sized ones.

Like, make it so that the holding size is stackable? The more container furniture (trunk/racks/wardrobe) you add to a scene, the more that can be held in that scene?

So, putting 2 bludgeon trunks in one scene changes the storage from 20 to 40? Or maybe make it so that additional storage furniture expands the container size to half of what a single one would (meaning, if first container held 20 items, adding a second expands storage to 30, third container expands it to 40, fourth to 50, etc)
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Vas wrote: 
can you add another quote to your signature? "Maj is a liability on the forums. Someone stop him"

[Aug 27, 2016 3:43:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
saintdiana

-Sometimes while writting in chat during a sf the faces and box near the pirate's head disappear

i haven't noticed its connection to chat, only with people leaving the fray. their head/miniboard disappear entirely, and the others just blink, the consequence being that if i straightline and run off quickly, you may never have any proof. it's been happening since the pre-august update on production.
~ owlwhisperer ~
[Aug 27, 2016 5:48:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Like, make it so that the holding size is stackable? The more container furniture (trunk/racks/wardrobe) you add to a scene, the more that can be held in that scene?

So, putting 2 bludgeon trunks in one scene changes the storage from 20 to 40? Or maybe make it so that additional storage furniture expands the container size to half of what a single one would (meaning, if first container held 20 items, adding a second expands storage to 30, third container expands it to 40, fourth to 50, etc)

Then if you pulled one of them out of the scene, it would have to randomly kick some of the items out.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Aug 27, 2016 1:38:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sagacious

Then if you pulled one of them out of the scene, it would have to randomly kick some of the items out.

Return those to the item owner / remover? Or just only allow access to the first 20 if only storage item currently exists in the scene. Have a little flag on the storage UI if there's more items stored than can be shown.

Avast! Yer [trunk/rack/case/wardrobe] can only give you access to the first [##] items stored here. Add another [trunk/ra...] here or remove some items to see the others.

What currently happens to stored items upon the storage item's removal from a scene isn't actually documented on the YPPedia. It only explains that PoE in a chest would remain in the scene and could be accessed once a new chest item is placed in the scene. I presume the same happens for other storage items.
Cerulean & Meridian - Icemeister
Emerald & Obsidian - incognito!
#TeamPurple
[Edit 7 times, last edit by Sagacious at Aug 27, 2016 2:13:30 PM]
[Aug 27, 2016 2:02:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

What currently happens to stored items upon the storage item's removal from a scene isn't actually documented on the YPPedia. It only explains that PoE in a chest would remain in the scene and could be accessed once a new chest item is placed in the scene. I presume the same happens for other storage items.

No, they get returned to their owner.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Aug 27, 2016 2:25:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fazzed

Another thing i've noticed is that the distribution of the loot is not balanced, i had players leave early or came in late and got most of the loot out of the chests, this would be pretty bad if released

[Aug 27, 2016 4:51:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Another thing i've noticed is that the distribution of the loot is not balanced, i had players leave early or came in late and got most of the loot out of the chests, this would be pretty bad if released

Best of luck with that, sea monster chests have been unbalanced since day one.
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Aug 27, 2016 5:53:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ruined_ashes

I've considered this, but something to keep in mind is that as your ramp increases, so does the number of greedy brigands (and hence the number of opportunities for treasure). On larger pillages, players are going to be running into dozens of them each fight. Having one Lavish Locker per brigand helps keep the fights from dragging on too long, since you can grab your treasure and then knock them out. Otherwise, I think it would turn into really long, tedious fights where you're trying to not win too quickly. If you're getting tons of lockers from every fight, they become less meaningful and rewarding to receive (and the average prize value would have to decrease).

I didnt know they only had once chest on them each, this is a super idea!
I sometimes do avatars!
I do believe in fairies!!!
Book on Obsidian
Bookly on Emerald
[Aug 27, 2016 8:04:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
saintdiana

i have a bone to pick about the bling earring -- how're you supposed to wear it? if you tighten and loosen it repeatedly, it'll break, and it's too thick to secure otherwise. it needs a thin wire, either with a stopper like the pearl of an earl, or rounded that'd go into a hypothetical hole on the opposite side. OR call it a bangle and change nothing. in fact, i'd prefer that, it looks like one.

will we be able to wear these in portraits, please? wear, not hold, with standard pose for top. it would make a lot of people's day that i know (though not on ice where portraits are booched).
~ owlwhisperer ~
[Edit 1 times, last edit by saintdiana at Aug 28, 2016 11:19:47 AM]
[Aug 28, 2016 9:04:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

Full disclosure: I haven't had time to test since the August 26th update.
Forculus wrote: 
Fazzed wrote: 
Not sure if this was intentional or not but has the poe been completely removed from lavish chests
I'll see about adding in some PoE to the mix.
I agree that PoE is needed, but how often it occurs should depend on the total number of unique prizes available. I think PoE should be no more than 1/2 of the time (preferably 1/3). When we only have trinkets (and now a familiar) to compare it against in the chests, it's hard to tell if the balance is right.

Forculus wrote: 
Fazzed wrote: 
jlh0605 wrote: 
Once we get more of the rewards set up, if time allows I'll check into opening up Ice to everyone to help get a larger pillage group going.
Awesome. I appreciate it. If it turns out that letting everyone in for a while is too hard, maybe we can just plan a nice WB run with existing Ice testers. And maybe drag an OM or two along. ;)

Forculus wrote: 
jlh0605 wrote: 
1) More stuff. The furniture designs are very nice, but that doesn't seem like much.
We're working on it, just need more time for the art to be created. There will be a rare familiar, and likely a rare pet, as well as other additional items.
Awesome! This is exactly what I was hoping. I understand needing to wait for the art to be done, I just wanted to make sure it was coming.

Forculus wrote: 
jlh0605 wrote: 
There will likely just be one size chest. Having larger chests with special items that can only be won in very difficult circumstances is going to cause ordinary players to be excluded from elite pillages.
Hmmm. I'm glad you thought about that, because I didn't. With only one type of chest, even the newest greenie can contribute meaningfully.

Forculus wrote: 
Meehearties wrote: 
I was a little disappointed with the fact that they were purchasable with a design. My collecting ocd wants them to be something that we have no control over the colour of and ultimately something that becomes a challenge to gather.
As Xelto mentioned, designs had been specifically requested to help keep the shops involved. I can understand the collectors' viewpoint of wanting to find the different color combinations, so we can probably do a combination of both and make some of the future furniture come directly from the Lavish Lockers.
I would love a combination of both. And if it's possible, I would also love to see this benefit apothecaries (and maybe weaveries and tailoring shoppes) too. Shipyards get the benefit of LE ships (and of the fact ships sink), ironmongers get the benefit of shot cannonballs, and distilleries get the benefit of consumed rum. Swords, bludgeons, and clothes spawning from SMH's have hurt all of the other businesses.

On a related tangent, I would love to see some existing trading post items (chromas, potions, furniture) give designs rather than the items themselves, driving the users to order from shoppes/stalls (apothecaries, apothecaries, and furniture stalls, respectively). I can see the whining, though, when indigo chromas are no longer dirt-cheap. :P

Forculus wrote: 
Meehearties wrote: 
Drat. Maybe you'll come up with something. But in the meantime, could you lift the limit for chests (unless I'm totally crazy and there already isn't a limit)?

Forculus wrote: 
jlh0605 wrote: 
I see where you're coming from on this one, Forculus, but I disagree. Personally, from what I've seen, I'm not concerned about the fight dragging on; most hits (or attempted hits) also tend to knock out the greedy. It's really annoying, though, to build a giant block, and send it, only to have your shipmate send an attack to the same greedy slightly before you, and your large attack is entirely wasted. And as far as dozens of greedies each fight, wouldn't that also be on a ship where there are dozens of pirates splitting the chests between them?

I'm wondering what you, Forculus, consider to be a reasonable number of chests per pirate per battle at the high end of the ramp. I was thinking one chest per pirate per battle, maybe slightly more. Each chest will have a large chance, I'm assuming, of "only" giving PoE or trinkets. But trying to think from a greenie's perspective, I'd hate to job on ten pillages, ten battles each, and only end up with one or two non-PoE, non-trinket chests.
~Jamesh on Emerald

[Aug 29, 2016 8:18:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Forculus wrote: 
Meehearties wrote: 

How do I explain my question...
Would it be the same amount of reworking trouble to allow multiples of a storage furniture in a scene, if they accessed the same stored items then? So if I could place 2 wardrobes in a room, I could put my bandana in one, and access it from the other side of the room. (Much the same way multiple chests for poe work in a room.) Granted, more storage space is a great desire, but it'd still be nice to be able to decorate a room with more than one rack, wardrobe, trunk, etc.
Dexla d'Midnight
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Dexla at Aug 29, 2016 9:42:25 AM]
[Aug 29, 2016 9:41:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

jlh0605 wrote: 
Forculus wrote: 
Meehearties wrote: 
I would love a combination of both. And if it's possible, I would also love to see this benefit apothecaries (and maybe weaveries and tailoring shoppes) too. Shipyards get the benefit of LE ships (and of the fact ships sink), ironmongers get the benefit of shot cannonballs, and distilleries get the benefit of consumed rum. Swords, bludgeons, and clothes spawning from SMH's have hurt all of the other businesses.

OK, I just have to ask. How would you get apoths to directly benefit? Tailors, obviously, could benefit from design-driven clothing. Weaveries would have an obviously connected benefit from tailors getting pattern-driven clothing, and it wouldn't be out of the realms of possibility to have some tapestry-type or native-art-type wall hangings, although those traditionally have been the province of furnishers in this game. But apoths? Leaving aside needing dye for the weaveries, what would you give them? The only thing I can think of is different potions, but I'm having trouble figuring out what you could come up with that hasn't already been done.
[Aug 29, 2016 2:21:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Frustrating run tonight, 5 wins no losses, 4 greedy battles as first was a normal one (as per the norm), doing nothing different to any other runs we've been doing but no LL dropped.

Trophies were still coming, just frustrating to do the same we've been doing since the last update on 26th and getting nothing today.
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Aug 29, 2016 2:28:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

jlh0605 wrote: 
Forculus wrote: 
Meehearties wrote: 

OK, I just have to ask. How would you get apoths to directly benefit? Tailors, obviously, could benefit from design-driven clothing. Weaveries would have an obviously connected benefit from tailors getting pattern-driven clothing, and it wouldn't be out of the realms of possibility to have some tapestry-type or native-art-type wall hangings, although those traditionally have been the province of furnishers in this game. But apoths? Leaving aside needing dye for the weaveries, what would you give them? The only thing I can think of is different potions, but I'm having trouble figuring out what you could come up with that hasn't already been done.
You could make chromas from the apothecary (with design from trading post). You could move existing potions/chromas from the trading post to the apothecary (not directly greedy related). Other than that, I was struggling to try to come up with something as well. I had a thought that you could drink a potion that would make you get the jewelry of a greedie, 3-5 swigs, last until log out. But I assume that would be more programming trouble than it's worth. I also had a weird thought for a potion that temporarily (half hour or so) changes your name color, but most of the colors are already taken (purple, white, blue, green, yellow, pink).
~Jamesh on Emerald

[Aug 29, 2016 5:35:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

OK, I just have to ask. How would you get apoths to directly benefit?
You could make chromas from the apothecary (with design from trading post). You could move existing potions/chromas from the trading post to the apothecary (not directly greedy related). Other than that, I was struggling to try to come up with something as well.

Hm. Having given it a bit of time to think about it... I don't think that the established pattern of trading in trinkets for patterns works with an apothecary. I could, however, see gaining some sort of item directly from the boxes that works in the same fashion as a pattern for various items at an apothecary. Say, like a "water pearl"*, whose properties can be used in making hair tonics, hair dyes, chromas, and the like.

* Completely made up, don't go looking for the references.

Of course, I don't see moving the existing chromas over to the apothecary. They're too ingrained into the trading post, and besides, what would you spend your trinkets on if you took them away? I could possibly see new colors for chromas... though I'm not sure the game needs new colors, so I'm willing to see the chroma part dropped entirely.

On the other hand, if you took the current hair dyes out of the gold boxes (or even reduced their frequency), I could see doing dyes through the apoths, at reasonably cheap rates. I could also see a few new hair styles (either permanent or temporary) from potions from the apoths, requiring whatever the magic doodad is. I could definitely see dub-free injury removal potions this way (based on my shopkeeping experience, OOO does NOT make much money on these potions, but the concept is cool). I could also see alternate recipes (less expensive, and dub-free) for the other appearance changing potions, again requiring the magical doodad.
[Aug 29, 2016 6:49:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
saintdiana

the chromas would be exactly as ingrained in the post as now, if instead of the full bottle you got an empty one and went to the apothecary to fill.
~ owlwhisperer ~
[Aug 30, 2016 1:05:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SaviourS

Very late to this Ice update, but is there an announcement somewhere which I missed? Cause I can't seem to find anything pertaining to this...
Saviour, Meridian
[Sep 4, 2016 8:36:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Very late to this Ice update, but is there an announcement somewhere which I missed? Cause I can't seem to find anything pertaining to this...

On the Horizon: Pillaging Update!
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Sep 4, 2016 1:13:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
MaxPain

I didn't want to start a new thread for this. Here are my results from today's pillage.

Total number of battles: 12, one re-engaged
Total number of lavish lockers: 5, one lost in the defeat

First route: Diablo - Cold Spring

Battle 1: Me alone, Brigands, 5 bots, one greedy, one looted
Battle 2: Brigand King, Finnius, Brigands, no greedy

Tomocar jobbed

Battle 3: Brigands, no greedy
Battle 4: Brigand King, Gretchen, Brigands, no greedy

Shadymermady jobbed

Battle 5: Brigands, 2 greedy, one looted
Battle 6: Random spawn, Orange Fanchuan Brigands, 2-3 greedy, one looted, lost

Shadymermady left

Parallax and Notowl jobbed

Battle 7: Barbarians, no greedy
Battle 8: Brigands, 2 greedy, one looted

Second Route: Diablo - Winking wall

Calamarie, Harlow and Noseandtoes jobbed
Shadymermady jobbed

Battle 10: Barbarians, no greedy

Battle 11: Brigands, 5-6 greedy, lost one lavish locker, no loot
Battle 12: Re-engage, 2 greedy, one looted

To sum it up, there was a certain consistency when there weren't any jobber or fray type changes. Dnav seems to affect the number of greedy brigands from my point of view.

I wanted to see how the route difficulty would influence the number of greedy brigands, but we did not do enough battles to have any conclusive results. The initial assumption that a more difficult route might give more greedy brigands, since in battle 11 we had 5-6 of them out of 10 bots.

At the end, we had 5 lavish lockers, the average was 300-400 poe per person from them. Also, we won some trinkets.
Icce on Sage
[Edit 1 times, last edit by MaxPain at Sep 10, 2016 6:14:05 AM]
[Sep 10, 2016 6:09:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 35   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates