• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4744 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
wenchcaz

Complaint of OM game participation in 2011

I was very disinheartened when 2011 came and went with so little in game particiaption by the OMs in general.
With the realisation that many mechanics have become automated, (which offered the same tournamets repetatively) I did not expect thier almost complete total absence in game.
The presence of the OMs in game is necessary for setting the game enviroment.
I miss the bake offs and the in game challenges they provided.
I missed the holiday events they were present at with thier offerings. Hera has been the only OM egg I have seen present all year and no OM dolls what so ever.
I hope for more in game involvment in 2012.
Posting here for others to particpate.
----------------------------------------
cuthroatcaz
Sage Ocean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by wenchcaz at Jan 3, 2012 2:22:22 AM]
[Jan 3, 2012 1:46:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Reeves90

Re: Complaint of OM game participation in 2011

you didnt see the kazillion Galene egg comps?

Or the several apollo ones?

there have been many other ones available as well, maybe they are just given out when you are offline?
~ Reeves/Rreeves ~
[Jan 3, 2012 1:58:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wenchcaz

there have been many other ones available as well, maybe they are just given out when you are offline?

This could be true...but what about the Other OMs and other in game events etc?
cuthroatcaz
Sage Ocean
[Jan 3, 2012 2:19:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Reeves90

This could be true...but what about the Other OMs and other in game events etc?

There have actually been lots in 2011, maybe not as much as some would like, but the list is rather long
~ Reeves/Rreeves ~
[Jan 3, 2012 2:40:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wenchcaz

There have actually been lots in 2011, maybe not as much as some would like, but the list is rather long

My opening thread stated with "little in game participation".
I am refering to OMs participation of fun events for all players on Sage in game.

I am not the most accurate search engine but I could find only the following 4 in game events in 2011.
Bumper Boats for Treasure - March
Pillage Til ye Drop - April
Ci Race - July
and Lucky Dip -Dec which i completely missed in game :(.

There were 4 events ran on the Ice Ocean which I have not included as I was refering to the Sage Ocean as that is where I play in game.
cuthroatcaz
Sage Ocean
[Jan 3, 2012 3:27:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PinGyp

Hera has thrown SO SO SO SO many tournaments/competitions. Heck, after one of them, I even asked her to throw a dnav one, she declined me though. Said she can't do it sooner than in an hour. At which time there was dnav one D:

Besides, Nemesis' parties are open for everyone.

Pingster flag officer chats, "Crap"
Capy flag officer chats, "I saw my name.... what did i do?"

[Jan 6, 2012 3:14:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
catscanner

I somewhat agree-

Bake-Offs were amazing.
We seemed to have lost them when they started Puzzle Competitions.

My guess as to where all the Oceanmaster In Game Events went lies with the current on duty Oceanmasters (Not singling anybody out). Years back, on duty OMs consisted of people like Artemis, Hephaestus, Aphrodite, Cronus, Oceanus, Poseidon as well as Hera. But new waves of Oceanmasters came, and the oldies were shafted to behind the scenes work, or shanghai'd. This left an experience gap in between the 'new' OM and those Veterans.
[Jan 9, 2012 4:54:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates