• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4617 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
SirCarl67

After the Battle of Marathon Event Cancelled / Postponed

Event Summary:

After a terrible battle your War Frigate has been critically damaged, your hold is empty, half your men have been killed, you are up to your chest in bilge. Somehow the vessel it is still afloat. The Governor of Bowditch has promised rich rewards to the first person to give him news of the battle. As the smoke from the guns drifts away you notice several other ships in a similar state to your own, you have to get across the blockade board and port at Bowditch before any of the other ships to secure the prize.

Prize

1st Place : 200k
Other places: Nothing the governor doesn't want to be border with new he has already heard

Rules.

1. I have set up a 4 round non sinking WF only, cannons no effect event blockade. While the the blockade will be set to start at 10am the event will take place during Round 3 at about noon so that the hour break can be used if necessary to complete the event.
2. Only one war frigate may be entered per Flag independent crews may also enter.
3. Please post in this forum if you would like to take part entries will be limited to 15 first come first serve. Forum entries will close at 10am but if space is available I will accept entries by tell between 10am and 11am. The entry should include your flag, the name of a team leader and the ship you are going to use (The ship name can be edited later if all your WFs are a long way from Bowditch a Black Flag ship can be borrowed, for this a surity of another WF is required, ie we swap deed before the event and swap back afterwards). The team leader should be available from at least 11am and have the deed to the ship.
4. By 1115 your ship should have maximum damage and bilge and be located at the league point, with nothing in the hold. At this point officials will start checking the vessels are damaged and without rum. You may not port or sail off the league point. By having this period at the league point ensures the ship really is at maximum damage and bilge at the start.
5. Each ship can have no more than 25 people on board for the event.
6. As soon as Round 3 starts you may enter the blockade board
7. Use winds and Whirlpool to your advantage as you race to the island side of the blockade board
8. Once you are 2 squares from the island side you must use a double forward token for the final move if you do not leap over the final square with a double forward you will be disqualified.
9. Once you have ported the governor or his official official will ask to be jobbed onto your ship. They will ask for the deed of your war frigate and will offer you a deed in exchange (in case you don't trust us or some scammer pretends to be an official). The official will then check that no rum was brought onto the ship since 1115 (in case you ported and we missed it).
10. The official will then swap the deeds back and give you your prize.
11. Black Flag are not eligible for the prize though if anyone from Black Flag wants to set up a team for the fun of it they may do so, they will not count as one of the 15 entries.
12. In the event of a tie (two ships porting on the same move of the same turn) the prize will be shared.
13. If you wish to watch the event a Black Flag WF will be jobbing (under evading), until the start of the blockade, it will then go into the safe zoe so people can watch. Once the event has started however the spectator ship will stay oceanside so make sure you arrive in time.
13. If Black Flag lose Bowditch before the event we will discuss the matter with the new owners. It may be necessary to have the event on another island.

Edit
Details of Spectator Ship
Offer to deed swap a WF to save swabbie costs
Allow independent crews
----------------------------------------
Apollo tells ye "If you're ok for me to do one [bake-off], I'll go with that."
[Edit 2 times, last edit by SirCarl67 at Nov 19, 2011 2:12:36 PM]
[Nov 9, 2011 12:41:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SirCarl67

Re: After the Battle of Marathon Event Cancelled / Postponed

Due to lack of interest I have decided to postpone / cancel the event. I have turned the event into an all ship event (non sinking with removal) for which there will be no prizes. I would like feedback to determine which it should be.

I was thinking Black Friday provided a good opportunity for both Europeans (Friday evening) and Americans to take part was this a mistake, or will all effort be put into the Island opening event?. If the event took place at about 10am on a Saturday or Sunday would this be better (Sunday is at risk of Blockades of course)

Did the event format look at is it wouldn't be fun any ideas on how to improve it? I was trying to do something different from a blockade which uses the blockade board.
[Nov 19, 2011 2:22:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Philipine7

It's a good idea but I don't have time for this stuff anymore I think your date reconsideration is wise, can't think of any ideas how to improve it however
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Philipine

Philipine
(sage ocean)
Senior Officer and First Mate of : The Sexy Crue
Prince of : The Very Sexy Flag
[Nov 19, 2011 3:54:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    philipineofsage@y7mail.com [Link]  Go to top 
DanD17

Nice idea, but perhaps finding 15 groups of 25 will be tricky. Especially in an event where people will have to swap stations, be well co-ordinated and/or be a generally good puzzler (or reliable friend). I think the idea of getting 24 other good reliable friends at any one time would be troublesome.

Maybe try a smaller scaled variant - five pirate WBs? I remember a while ago (when Boiwonder wasn't banned) we managed to sail a three person WB around the board during an actual blockade and even had a hand in sinking one of the contesting brigs. Obviously this event would mean we'd start at full damage, but with two more people and no need to gun I think it could work.

Other than that, a terrible time for me but as I'm in a timezone that doesn't really agree with the majority of American or European friendly times it's understandable.
Daudy

Discocow!

Cremate says, "skmpns"
[Nov 21, 2011 1:51:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Racerin

I do agree finding 25 people is kinda difficult, though I find the event really interesting =) I would join in, if it's changed to a smaller ships haha.
Koura on Emerald
[Nov 21, 2011 8:24:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SirCarl67

Nice idea, but perhaps finding 15 groups of 25 will be tricky.

To be honest the 15 wasn't really expected the quote was an insurance policy, I was just confident being able to cope with up to 15 participants and it was massively popular with 25 flags wanting to take part and 4 of them haven't been inspected before the start of the round things would get messy.

In reality I was hoping to have something like 6-8 flags take part.

I will take on board the idea of a smaller ship though it will require some testing to see the number of people that would be required.
[Nov 21, 2011 1:27:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates