• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4378 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Bilgemein

Poker Tournament Hosted By Poeislife [1mil buy in]

Prizes:

• 1st Place:7mil
  • 2nd place: 5mil
  • 3rd Place: 3mil
  • 4th Place: 2mil

* 3mil will not be pocketed, it will go to paying for the decoration of each poker house and then the final room of the poker tournament. All profits will then be deposited into Deadzone's Flag Fund!

Rules

• All participants will trade 1mil to the Proctor before tournament(I won't be it ill probably ask an OM)
  • have 200 poe spare for a 20-200 poe table
  • If you rebuy you will be disqualified and your entry fee kept
  • each poker room will have 5 players. Last Man standing wins a trip the Final Round
  • All people who leave before last man standing will not get their poe back unless the tournament has not started

Participants:
If you agree to all the rules above just post a reply with your sage name!

Date: October 16th at 2:00 Pm Game time
Let's Play Poker!
----------------------------------------
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Bilgemein at Oct 9, 2011 11:42:15 AM]
[Oct 9, 2011 10:54:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bilgemein

Re: Poker Tournament Hosted By Poeislife [1mil buy in]

Have had some interest but no one has posted their app yet this is legit guys >< sign up
[Oct 9, 2011 2:56:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SirCarl67

Re: Poker Tournament Hosted By Poeislife [1mil buy in]

If you are wanting an OM help you with an event you should email events at least 2 weeks (preferably 4) before posting the event on the forums. However I can not see you getting support for an event which costs participants 1m to enter and certainly not one which is used to raise flag funds. See here for details

This does not kill the event but you would need to find a pirate who is respected enough thought the ocean that enough players would trust them not to run off with 1m poe. Your monarch might have a good enough reputation if he is willing but at the moment you are asking people to commit to paying 1m to someone who they don't even know the name of.

People don't even know who you are. I /wh your forum name and it came up with no pirate and noone has a similar name in the nobility of Deadzone.

Something about the event details. From the "The 3m will not be pocketed" and the prizes imply you are wanting 20 players. Will you turn down players in excess of 20?, what happens if you get less than 20? Getting 20 people willing to gamble 1m (at odds worst than playing on the 20-200k tables) will not be easy.
----------------------------------------
Apollo tells ye "If you're ok for me to do one [bake-off], I'll go with that."
[Oct 12, 2011 1:40:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates