• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 59
Posts: 59   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 21167 times and has 58 replies Next Thread
pegasiswolf

Re: XMAS IN JULY -24 hr WB pilly.. lots of prizes!!

Out of curiosity will u start jobbing before 11 am or will u start jobbing at 11 am? Also its 11 am gametime riht?

jobbing will begin 1/2 hr prior to the start.. (10:30 game time, friday, july 1st) so look for it on the notice board!!..

there will be an OM broadcast to remind you also :)
----------------------------------------
Pegasiswolf- Captain of Dream Catchers and Queen of Fleet of Dreams -Emerald

host of XMAS IN JULY event

"maintaining a positive attitude may not fix all of lifes problems, but it should annoy enough ppl to make it worth the effort"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by pegasiswolf at Jun 27, 2011 3:05:34 AM]
[Jun 27, 2011 2:46:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

UPDATE:

we have added a few more great prizes.. (thanks to WONDEFUL pirates that donated them)

there are now TWO red/green sloops wrapped up in random presents (via trinkets of course).. these will be won just like any other present...

we now have 70+ wrapped presents to win.. thats about 3 per hour.... sometimes i will randomly pick up a present and give it out.. but MOST of the time.. the winner will get CHOICE.. (so every winner has equal opportunity to win any prize)

so plz tell me the present u want in the following way : ribbon color then box color (a hint as to its location on the deck wouldnt hurt either lol).. as i would like to spend as little time as possible in the arrange furniture screen lol)

also remember.. upon boarding... u will receive a trade request (or u can send one if u dont receive one)...from a pirate named FREECLOTHING.. this pirate will give u a free candycane outfit (stripeys) so that we all look very xmasy... PLEASE let them know if u are male or female and click ACCEPT quickly.. so we can get everyone all dressed up in a timely manner.. ty ty ty :)

"maintaining a positive attitude may not fix all of lifes problems, but it should annoy enough ppl to make it worth the effort"
[Jun 27, 2011 2:55:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

a SPECIAL prize has been donated by Missmellon:

a Custom-renamed sloop.. named BARNEY THE DINOSAUR.... it has gilded cannons.. purple/green paint...

this prize will be given out in a little different way....

there is a SECRET trigger to win this one..... no need to guess... or to try performing random tricks along the way... its just a fun way of saying that at any time.. something might happen that will cause someone to win this prize...

if, by chance, the secret trigger hasnt happened by the time we are in the final hour (tho its not a rare occurance)... we will come up with another easier trigger... it WILL be won tho!!

[Jun 27, 2011 3:03:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
flamingbirdc

My contribution isn't mentioned? :/

evil pegs
Flamingbird,
Senior Officer of Pursuit of Happiness

Drugs + Dubs = DRUBS
You have been paid 69 (pieces of eight) for your work aboard a navy vessel.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by flamingbirdc at Jun 27, 2011 7:11:37 AM]
[Jun 27, 2011 7:11:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

My contribution isn't mentioned? :/

evil pegs

pegs isnt evil.. lol

sorry I didnt mention you flamingbird hun... There have been SOOOO many differnt ppl that have donated items here and there.. or paint...(rampage painted one of the sloops and tinnitus painted the bottom of the hull of the gingerbrig) or just some poe/dubs to help with the cost a little...

I apologize to EVERYONE that i didnt mention.. you ARE appreciated !!!!!!

I really appreciate u donating 17k to help me wrap some more of the presents... the wrapping is insane... @3k/box it took over 200K just to wrap the prizes.. lol.....

[Jun 27, 2011 5:45:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Artof_Murder

I'M SO EXCITED TO CARP FOR 24 HOURS
</capslockiscruisecontrolforcool>
Gamebug(IO) of Emerald.
Captain, SO, FO and CP of The Conglomerate.

Castor tells ye, "I'd go get some sleep!"
"Yay for unexpected gifts in yer booty!" -Hera
[Jun 27, 2011 10:31:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sk8ergurl13

ok with all this new stuff i hava try to go 24 hrs xD sounds like to much fun to not to!!
Skatergurl of Emerald
[Jun 28, 2011 6:06:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

ok with all this new stuff i hava try to go 24 hrs xD sounds like to much fun to not to!!

as I told gamebug.. those pirates that want to make a REAL effort to stay the ENTIRE 24 hrs.. will be given priority jobbing at the START...

most ppl will need to job thru the notice board.. and i expect the ship to fill quickly.... so those that send me a /tell before i post the jobbing notice at 10:30 and say something like "i am staying the WHOLE 24 hrs" will be jobbed first....

(so far only 3 ppl have let me know they plan on this)

[Jun 29, 2011 8:49:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Artof_Murder

(so far only 3 ppl have let me know they plan on this)

You're on, other two people!
Gamebug(IO) of Emerald.
Captain, SO, FO and CP of The Conglomerate.

Castor tells ye, "I'd go get some sleep!"
"Yay for unexpected gifts in yer booty!" -Hera
[Jun 30, 2011 1:37:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sk8ergurl13

good luck gamebug >:)
Skatergurl of Emerald
[Jun 30, 2011 6:16:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PinGyp

Game bailed early, it's me versus Duns for the total duration, only ones so far since beginning!

Pingster flag officer chats, "Crap"
Capy flag officer chats, "I saw my name.... what did i do?"

[Jul 1, 2011 5:45:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Oceansadness

That was a very fun event! RAWR!
Sedna in Sage. Sedna/Seawaterdrop in Emerald

If it floats, shoot at it!
[Jul 2, 2011 1:46:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR MAKING THE XMAS IN JULY PILLAGE A WONDERFUL SUCCESS!!!

We set sail from Admiral at 11am Friday, travelled 106 league points, and ported at Kasidim at 10:36am Saturday
(we had to make a 1 hr stop, when they announced a reboot at 5:30am- but we quickly got back underway at 6:30)

we did a total of 67 battles!!! ...52 of which were ALL XEBECS!!! (earning many ppl their Bronze or Silver Xebec trophies!)

we had alot of turnover, but a total of 347 pirates joined the fun over the course of the event!!!

A TOTAL OF 11 SHIPS WERE WON!!

• Top overall -FROST longship (Frosted Hammerhead) - iabyrinth (129)
  • Top overall guns -FROST longship (Wintry Sailfish) - asopos (62)
  • Stayed the Longest - FROST red/green sloop (Fascinating Catfish) - Duns (entire trip)
  • Last minute 2nd FROST sloop (Clueless Tench) - Kirino
  • Secret trigger custom purple/green sloop (Barney the Dinosaur) - Duns
  • Top Sails -red/green sloop (Relaxed Sild) - Pingster (72)
  • Top Rigs - red/green sloop (Heartless Sawfish) - Duns (110)
  • Top Carp - red/green sloop (Stupid Sardine) - iabyrinth (129)
  • Top Bilge - red/green sloop (Slow Sprat) - evilskaterr (89)
  • wrapped present - red/green sloop (Clever Hake) - Berthier
  • wrapped present - red/green sloop (Talented gurnard) - Duns

We handed out over 90 wrapped presents and 25 stocking stuffers (smaller unwrapped presents)
we had some friendly competitions and did ALOT of xmas trivia!!!! xmas carols.. ypp trivia.. and jokes (first person to make me laugh was Kjol with "2 dyslexic guys walk into a bra..")

We had a few ppl take over the bnav for a couple battles:
Cnoufesd, Intocars, Skatergurl, Qscgyj, Kjol, Emerlaus, Pingster, Gamebug

There are SOOOO many ppl that worked together to make this happen, and I wish I could name each and every single one but I want to say a special THANK YOU to:

SLEE - Thank you so much for being the pirate "Freeoutfits"... and dressing everyone to look like candycanes.. by handing out free stripey outfits and getting free foil/fish to those that needed them (passed out about 200 free outfits before we ran out)(that is ALOT of trading!!) I know it was a tough job, and you are very much appreciated by everyone.

IVYGIRL - Thank you so much for helping to keep track of everyone's points earned along the way... I know that taking all those screenshots and making all those notes was very time-consuming and confusing...

MISSMELLON - Thank you for donating Barney... We had alot of unexpected fun as everyone was trying very hard to figure out the "secret trigger".. We had ppl telling jokes, singing songs, and performing 'random acts' left and right trying to stumble upon the secret trigger...it was 1AM before anyone finally triggered it.... (note: Duns triggered it when he was the last pirate standing in the fight.. and took out the last 3 bots all by himself to win the fight for everyone)

CUTHROATCAZ - You have a little Santa blood in ur veins I think....because you were just as obsessed as I was about getting lots of great presents under the tree!! Every time I turned around I was receiving another trade request from you so you could donate more things!.. right up to the very end when you came up with a last-minute 2nd FROST sloop!

[Edit 1 times, last edit by pegasiswolf at Jul 2, 2011 7:58:41 PM]
[Jul 2, 2011 7:54:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
wenchcaz

The donations were made by Poepleaser and myself. He gave you the latter donations. ( I did tell ye he was more generous than I). No he is not my alt...oh wait his stats are better than mine..ok yeh its my alt :)
ty for a fun event.
cuthroatcaz
Sage Ocean
[Jul 3, 2011 6:41:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
b0nde00

Thanks for the fun event. Im sorry i was not able say bye bye when i was supposed to be the next to nav. Real life forced me to log.

Anyway thanks for this early xmas. Kudos to the great event!
Deadcode - Emerald

Eating ears since 1969
[Jul 3, 2011 7:58:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

The donations were made by Poepleaser and myself. He gave you the latter donations. ( I did tell ye he was more generous than I). No he is not my alt...oh wait his stats are better than mine..ok yeh its my alt :)
ty for a fun event.

shhh.. im pretty sure he wanted YOU to get the credit for those last items also (on top of all the things you were giving all along)

Poepleaser tells ye, "by the way, this stuff I gave you in cuthroat's name:)"

Poepleaser tells ye, "and the stuff I gave was in Cazzy's name, not mine:)"

[Jul 3, 2011 12:46:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Angelique82

we did a total of 67 battles!!! ...52 of which were ALL XEBECS!!! (earning many ppl their Bronze or Silver Xebec trophies!)

How many of those battles were won?

What was the total booty count?

How many coffee did you drink?

Did you enjoyed every moment and is it likely you will do this again?

Harr Harr
Meridian: Ever
Emerald: Everlasting
[Jul 3, 2011 7:21:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

How many of those battles were won?

(i kept getting asked that...so i checked the logs and we lost 9 battles... and had 1 disengage from us.. so that is 57 won 9 lost 1 disengage WOW i didnt realize that we did so well.. tho probably 7/9 of those losses were cause i was bnaving.. i remember saying quite a few times "i blame the bad bnav!! string her up" "who let peg bnav!!" etc)

What was the total booty count?

(we stopped and divided along the way...so we didnt have just one big divide.. id have to check the logs on that.. and thats a bit too much math for me .. rofl lol)

How many coffee did you drink?

(2 1-Liters of coke.... 8 cups of cafe vienna powdered coffee stuff.. and 1 powerade)

Did you enjoyed every moment and is it likely you will do this again?

(maybe not every single moment... we had one pirate that annoyed me enough to plank him... he misunderstood the forum post.. that said something along the lines of "enough presents to hand out 2-3 every hour".. and he kept yelling that he had been there for 1 hr and wanted the 2-3 presents he was promised... and when were we giving everyone their presents!!!"... very odd that he kept saying that... even as we were doing trivia and such to hand out presents... with 115 things to give out... in 24 hrs.. it was pretty much a prize every 10-15 min.... we were pretty much doing non-stop things to get presents.... it became the main focus of everything... but back on point.. he annoyed me.. and so after a few of us explained it to him... and he STILL wouldnt stop acting like we were somehow cheating him out of something owed... i just planked him... but other than that.. it was ALOT of fun for me!!!)...

will i do it again... i dont see why we cant have an ANNUAL Xmas in July 24 hr pillage!!!.... especially if each year.. ppl pitch in like they did this time...

and maybe NEXT year.. Apollo will remember to do the renames!!!!!

... although i REALLY appreciate how they put it on the event tab on the nb.. and the OM broadcast was really great...

Harr Harr[/quote]

[Jul 3, 2011 10:33:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Gah. Oops?
[Jul 6, 2011 1:48:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

Gah. Oops?

still wub ya Apollo!!!!! ... we all have brain lag on occasion... or get really busy with real life....

but its ok.. everyone was still really happy with the prizes :)

if i do it again next year... ill try to give ya a little more warning :)

[Jul 6, 2011 9:52:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

(I did go and rename them after reading this, btw, so they do have renamed prizes!)
[Jul 10, 2011 5:48:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
PinGyp

Yay, go Apollo!! :)

Pingster flag officer chats, "Crap"
Capy flag officer chats, "I saw my name.... what did i do?"

[Jul 24, 2011 4:22:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

As most of you have heard... i WILL be repeating this pillage again july 2012...yayy...

however, with the upcoming merge... i am preparing to take it a step further even.... i have sage completely memmed... and i have until july to mem as many hunter routes as i can.... so that 2012 we can have a...

FULL OCEAN xmas in july WB pillage..... (or at least a 2-3day pillage that hits the majority of the islands on the new larger ocean)...

so... why am i mentioning this in DECEMBER?!?!?...

well.. because NOW is when the xmas trinkets/furniture/pets/ships are in the shoppes!!!!

since this years pilly will be 2-3 times longer... im going to need 2-3 times MORE PRIZES to give out....

if you would like to pick up a couple extra items on ur xmas list... to donate as prizes ... I could really use the help :)

(donating ur xmas furniture and such AFTER the holidays... would work also... ill be collecting donations right up until the time of the pilly... but the sooner i get them.. the more accurate i can be.. when listing the available prizes )

contact me in-game to inquire about ways u could help :)

ty ty ty :)

[Dec 19, 2011 4:15:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
tornado22

I wasn't there so not sure whether you had a full ship or not. Because of the merge, maybe you should upgrade to a WF pillage to accomidate the hunter people :o
Argolo on Sage
Providing Expert Distilling labor Since 1993.
[Jan 16, 2012 11:52:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

I wasn't there so not sure whether you had a full ship or not. Because of the merge, maybe you should upgrade to a WF pillage to accomidate the hunter people :o

last year... we never got shorthanded... usually had 20-30 ppl onboard... but there is a huge amount of turnover... as u see above... there were like 370 ppl total that participated... I considered doing a 24 hr WF pillage this year... and perhaps that is what i will do NEXT year :)... but... the problem is that even with the hunter ppl... i doubt there will be enough ppl online 24/7 to keep a WF from becoming understaffed... or running into problems should we take on full damage... I am going to commit to going non-stop (other than reboot or something) so i think it is best (at this time) to stick with a ship size that we are sure will able to continue on successfully even during the slower times of day :)

because we will be going nonstop for 3 days (hopefully hitting a large majority of the full merged ocean!) im sure there will be PLENTY of opportunities for the pirates from BOTH oceans to come and participate and win some wonderful prizes...

As so many have noticed... I ALREADY have the majority of the prizes ready for the event!! (25+ prize ships... and 300+ wrapped presents... as well as other special prizes are already collected)... it is too soon to make a new post with all the details.. .but it will be ran pretty much the same as last year.... same format... it will just last 3 days... with DAILY tops paid also (basically 3 back-to-back 24hr pillys... with additional prize for overall tops)

as a little additional teaser... we will be giving away ALOT of great prizes... at least 3 gingerbread sloops... 5 longships... 12+ xmas sloops....rogue sloop... frost sloop... xmas warbrig.. rogue warbrig... wrapped deed to ice/ice/ice... in addition to other ships.... also we have alot of LE items... black pets... LE furniture.. trinkets... clothing... even a snowy leopard!! (and of course hundreds of random prizes... all valued at 10K+ wrapped in pretty packages)...

(i also have something special planned.... but i will need to wait for approval first)

-note: if u or ur crew/flag would like to donate prizes and/or assistance.... the more the merrier :)

(paint.. i need more paint... red/maroon/green/lime... the xmas ships will be painted in shades of reds/greens.. and that is going to take ALOT of paint... ty ty ty for any help in this area)

[Jan 26, 2012 11:31:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
gunzen

hai peg. i havent forgotten this. i am pledging a gingerbread class sloop for this event. if i fail to get a hold of one, i will donate a dragon fanchuan instead, which i already have.

i might make myself available as alternate crew if you have need of certain positions for the ship to function. just can't commit yet since i cant predict what will happen from now till then.

more power to you and here's to the success of your event.
[Jan 27, 2012 5:49:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MSpartans

I volunteer Squishat to help (no, I am not Squishat, but I am volunteering her)
Searching for Black CI Trinks

Huntard
Aug 12, 2011
Av by Diagram
[Jan 27, 2012 9:25:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jeted

OK so in addition to the 5 ships, 50 dubs i have donated i also got hold of 50 units of red paint, ready for you to take off my hands.
If you need it I'll donate another 3 dubs for paint.
Jeted on Sage (Emerald) Ocean

Santaa on the Emerald Ocean, instigator of the 2011 and 2012 Xmas Giveaways.

------------------------------
I didn't start the Xmas in July ones, but im pretty sure Pegasiswolf dedicated them in remembrance of me
[Jan 27, 2012 11:00:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Jeted [Link]  Go to top 
Sk8ergurl13

so u wont sleep for 3 days!!! O_o sounds a lil crazy to me... But I'll be there again oc ;D for bout 12 hours each day xD
Skatergurl of Emerald
[Feb 1, 2012 11:10:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 59   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates