• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 645 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Taskbeta

GIF thumbnail not working Reply to this Post

Hello Everyone!
On my YPPedia page I display avatars that have been made for me.
But for some reason, some GIF's do work and others not at all.
Is there anyone who can help me?

Link to the page
----------------------------------------
Bisca - Obsidian Ocean - former Emerald Ocean

Avvy by: Jumar
[Mar 24, 2018 2:13:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Re: GIF thumbnail not working Reply to this Post

It's the automatic thumbnail image (which is the preview displayed in a Mediawiki gallery) creating software used by YPPedia which doesn't seem to work reliably when the input image is GIF. I'm wondering if it's a particular GIF version format which causes the issue?
[Mar 24, 2018 3:10:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

I tried uploading a copy of a previously uploaded GIF image which successfully had a thumbnail image created automatically. Now the particular GIF image does not get its thumbnail created, so I do not believe it's the GIF version format which is the problem. Instead something may not be configured properly with the YPPedia thumbnail creating software.
[Mar 24, 2018 3:35:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

It's been that way ever since the server move way back when. I complain about it periodically, but...
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Mar 25, 2018 2:58:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Taskbeta

They are probably too busy with other things than just a picture not looking right on YPPedia. Can't really blame them.
Bisca - Obsidian Ocean - former Emerald Ocean

Avvy by: Jumar
[Mar 25, 2018 6:34:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates