• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 943 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
WildEye

booched my display Reply to this Post

I was playing with the options and set PP to run at 800x600 fullscreen.
Now when I try to play (onyx), I see PP for a moment, the screen goes black and I'm stuck looking at nothing.
I'm pretty sure I need to delete a preference file, but I can't seem to find it.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling PP but that didn't cut out the cancer.

Thanks in advance for your help.
[Feb 18, 2018 7:55:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sagacious

Re: booched my display Reply to this Post

Have no fear...
Me, in another thread wrote: 
If you're using a Windows operating system, you can try running the full screen fix from http://toomuchwin.com/Support/YPP/fullscreenfix.zip

Extract the .reg file to somewhere like your desktop, double click it, and accept the prompt that appears. This will change the registry settings for Puzzle Pirates to turn fullscreen mode off and reset the size of the window to the default of 800x600.

Make sure your game is completely closed before running it. After it has run, your game should no longer be in full screen mode.

If you're on Mac:

1. Click Finder
2. Click "Go" in the taskbar and then "Go to Folder" (Shift+Command+G)
3. Go to: ~/Library/Preferences
4. You are looking for plist file named "rsrc.config.yohoho" An easy way to find this is to search: "rsrc.config.yohoho" and click "Preferences" instead of "This Mac" (it's usually a hidden file)
5-12. Delete the .plist file.
13. Open YPP!

Toomuchwin.com is operational again after a brief hiatus!
----------------------------------------
Cerulean & Meridian - Icemeister
Emerald & Obsidian - incognito!
#TeamPurple
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sagacious at Feb 18, 2018 10:27:19 AM]
[Feb 18, 2018 10:23:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WildEye

Re: booched my display Reply to this Post

Registry settings - the ultimate in preference files.

Thanks, that worked perfectly.
[Feb 18, 2018 7:23:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates