• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3538 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
wrs1864b

list of Islands owned by flags with little fame Reply to this Post

Last week, I decided to dig into the health of the cerulean ocean and wrote a program that figured out which islands were owned by flags that had very little fame. The results seemed to interest people, so here is this weeks list.
Aspiring      Danger Zone          Lilac Island         out
Aspiring Squad Yohohologo Harmattan Island med
Aspiring Squad Yohohologo Napi Peak lg
Aspiring Velt's Boiyz Jubilee Island lg
Aspiring Velt's Boiyz Olive Island med
Aspiring Velt's Boiyz Polaris Point out
Aspiring Velt's Boiyz Prolix Purlieu med
Rumored Coming Soon Zuyua Mist out

Notes:

* From first hand experience, I have found that a single active player can easily generate more fame for a flag than this. So, the fame levels can easily be pushed up, if the flag wants to.

* Even if a flag's fame is low, that doesn't mean they are easy targets for point sits. Again, from first hand experience, flags can come back to life quickly and are much stronger than their fame suggests.
----------------------------------------
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by wrs1864b at Jan 9, 2017 10:36:41 AM]
[Jan 9, 2017 10:08:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mclive

Re: list of Islands owned by flags with little fame Reply to this Post

I'm pretty sure all of those flags will actually defend in someway or another. A lot of them simply play on emerald, and will happily return to defend islands for some funsies. Infact, coming soon did that this weekend :)

Although, I must admit it does irk me knowing that some of those islands haven't changed hands in a long time (Not that it's a bad thing, they're still being kept open and alive)
Johnpickle, the pickle master.

/w Pickleofficial for a full list of real pickle alts

Cariadb traded: Booge's Heart
Johnpickle traded: Nothing
[Jan 9, 2017 11:19:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

I'll take Lilac
Antix
Captain of Inglorious Basterds
King of Guerrilla Warfare
[Jan 9, 2017 3:41:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Someone asked for a full list of the islands on meridian, similar to the one someone requested for cerulean. So, here is a complete list, including islands owned by ringers (that is, ones that can't be blockaded by players) and the flag names and island names aren't truncated.

meridian_flag_fame_011117.txt
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jan 11, 2017 2:28:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cutingchris

Firstly, I don't think fame is anything to go by in terms of how strong a flag is. A flag with illustrious fame can be awful in a blockade and the opposite applies.

Secondly, fame is there purely to stop flags with just one person from taking an island. But for sitting on an island fame shouldn't matter at all and that goes for defending. Most of the flags that you listed are active defenders and look after the islands.
Magneto, Illuminatti Royal

(Also Praetorian on Obsidian)
[Jan 12, 2017 6:16:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates