• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5329 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Termyblack

undisclosed member ALT on emerald won my tournament Reply to this Post

I was hosting a sword fight tournament for me and a in game friend which I know from Guildwars 2, It was meant to be 400k buyin, as im unable to wager that much with this alt. (before you say that's manipulating alts to win poe.) I have never been above respected in any of my alts including my main account.

I was playing just for fun to try and beat a much better friend of mine, or any other house mates that decided to pony up with 400k.

However, and herein lies the problems I put 4million in the bonus column, I wouldn't even of minded if it was 4 million buyin.

I have a large history of doing lavish giveaways and stocking fleets for sinking blockades, this would seem nothing out of the ordinary.

I contacted the winning member to explain the mistake (Cocainum) to no avail.

I have altered this post, to reflect what may of been in breach of t+c of revealing members information.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Termyblack at Oct 5, 2016 10:53:10 PM]
[Oct 5, 2016 11:44:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Paulisma

Re: Dancingstar's ALT on emerald won my tournament Reply to this Post

I see your struggles, but don't publicly make someone look bad while it's your mistake.
hi im kev

#FreeOceancool
Nikoletta says, "ghostlings look like condoms xD''
Nikoletta says, "but they're cute"
[Oct 5, 2016 1:04:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raalala

Well, congratulations to removed the other reference to a name that was edited out of the original post! ! Good win mate.

Once again, as this is the second thread you've made regarding this. (It should be on Emerald still, you wasn't wrong with the first post.) This was your mistake, rather than crying about it on the forums, again, I suggest you petition, though they are likely to say the same thing, you created the tourny, you should have been more careful. He won the 4m fair and square in my opinion.

If it was you, would you return the poe? When you know it was no others fault than the tourny creator?

(You can say yes you would, but I think we all know.)

Also, are you aware it's against ToS to 'out' alts?
~ Bambeh

Johnydepp says; 'BatBam, your f-ing play on words fetish'
Priapus says; 'Mate, look at his screen, you could play chess on that.'

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Demeter at Oct 6, 2016 7:54:38 AM]
[Oct 5, 2016 1:45:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

Sorry, mate. I know this may seem callous but let it go. You can make that PoE back with Kraken Hunts easily. Just get like 200 Eggs.
Gunnerfreak on Cerulean <- Home ocean.
AKA Gunnerfreak on Obsidian (new ocean!), Ice, Emerald, Opal, and Jade,
Gunnerfreak-East on Emerald,
Gunnerfreak-West on Cerulean, and
Gunnergunner on Meridian.
Also a Respe-ranked YPPedia-wiki freak.
[Oct 5, 2016 4:38:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Re: Outing is prohibited Reply to this Post

The OP is a violation of the Terms of Service, section 6.12: "Restrictions. You agree not to do any of the following prohibited actions: reveal personal data about another member without the express permission of such member."

You should probably edit your post before an OceanMaster has to do it for you.
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Oct 5, 2016 8:47:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Re: Outing is prohibited Reply to this Post

I see the OP has edited the subject line in an attempt to comply with the TOS, but the subject line has been replicated by everyone who replied to the OP so the cat is out of the bag.

You should probably edit the body of the post which is under your control.
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Oct 7, 2016 12:35:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Bloodyrayne

Re: undisclosed member ALT on emerald won my tournament Reply to this Post

Ahoy,

Couldn't find you online, because You left no signature,
I write You here,

Wager limits were introduced 4 years ago to prevent alternates with low experience to wager PoE. This limit applies to all parlor games and challenges, but not tournaments. To wager 400k or 4000k PoE in a challenge, it requires Solid experience in the puzzle (for both players), your standing doesn't affect the wager limit at all. It doesn't take long to get Solid experience in Swordfighting (especially on Emerald), therefore next time I recommend You to increase your experience and avoid using tournament to avoid wager limit.

However, If you choose to wager via tournament, don't accidentally mix all the options, especially pay attention on the following options and boxes: Puzzle; Entry fee; Pot bonus; Winner takes all; Starts in. (Un)fortunately, your tournament was set up terribly for your wager purposes, that's why I and other pirates had a chance on winning 4000k , because of your mistake or lack of knowledge. Personally, I have done a lot of tournaments (not for wager purposes though) and I too have made mistakes in the settings, and from my experience I recommend always adjusting your tournament's starting time to 10 and more minutes, thereby You will have a chance to contact Ocean Master and they will be able to help by cancelling the tournament before It has started.

You probably already know all this information above, because as you mentioned You are known for doing lavish giveaways, but I just wanted to make sure this doesn't happen again.

As You probably have understood, You won't recieve 4000k from me, because:

1. I won the tournament by putting huge effort in winning other great Swordfighters.
2. I have never had a positive attitude towards suspicious alternate players.
3. I am expert in ''PoE sinking", therefore this game will benefit from my decision.
4. I will also count this as a compensation for publicly shaming me and sourcing out information from OM about my main pirate on other ocean, later making this information public.

Again I feel sorry for You, I believe you can easily make even more PoE with your poker talent and wagering, just remember to be more careful and stay cool! :)
Dancingstar
[Oct 10, 2016 10:51:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
minisparrow

Ahoy,

Couldn't find you online, because You left no signature,
I write You here,

Wager limits were introduced 4 years ago to prevent alternates with low experience to wager PoE. This limit applies to all parlor games and challenges, but not tournaments. To wager 400k or 4000k PoE in a challenge, it requires Solid experience in the puzzle (for both players), your standing doesn't affect the wager limit at all. It doesn't take long to get Solid experience in Swordfighting (especially on Emerald), therefore next time I recommend You to increase your experience and avoid using tournament to avoid wager limit.

However, If you choose to wager via tournament, don't accidentally mix all the options, especially pay attention on the following options and boxes: Puzzle; Entry fee; Pot bonus; Winner takes all; Starts in. (Un)fortunately, your tournament was set up terribly for your wager purposes, that's why I and other pirates had a chance on winning 4000k , because of your mistake or lack of knowledge. Personally, I have done a lot of tournaments (not for wager purposes though) and I too have made mistakes in the settings, and from my experience I recommend always adjusting your tournament's starting time to 10 and more minutes, thereby You will have a chance to contact Ocean Master and they will be able to help by cancelling the tournament before It has started.

You probably already know all this information above, because as you mentioned You are known for doing lavish giveaways, but I just wanted to make sure this doesn't happen again.

As You probably have understood, You won't recieve 4000k from me, because:

1. I won the tournament by putting huge effort in winning other great Swordfighters.
2. I have never had a positive attitude towards suspicious alternate players.
3. I am expert in ''PoE sinking", therefore this game will benefit from my decision.
4. I will also count this as a compensation for publicly shaming me and sourcing out information from OM about my main pirate on other ocean, later making this information public.

Again I feel sorry for You, I believe you can easily make even more PoE with your poker talent and wagering, just remember to be more careful and stay cool! :)

Harsh but true. Maybe the moderators can finally close this, as should have been done from day 1.
Minisparrow {Meridian}
Senior Officer of The Midnight Society
Prince of The Dead Men
[Oct 10, 2016 12:44:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Penguinbr

Harsh but true. Maybe the moderators can finally close this, as should have been done from day 1.

They're probably waiting for my reply, trolling someone, to close this thread.
So here it is: Haha, you have lost 4mi. Deal with it.
Penguinbr
Monarch of the flag Sink or Swim
Just havin' fun and gathering new haters/fans <3

Meridian sucks, that's why I'm there.
[Oct 10, 2016 2:30:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://cafefrio.net [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates