• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5027 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Stephensam

Exploration Package Raffle [Win a Midas Grand Frigate][Deadline February 5th]

Ahoy mates! I don't know if you've noticed the auction here: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=178169

Here's the deal, I thought perhaps some pirates who couldn't afford to straight out make a huge bid for this auction wanted a chance at getting something special so here's what I'm going to do...

The rules:
-Each Raffle ticket costs 5,000 PoE.
-To buy a ticket, find Stevensam in-game or buy a unit of Stone from Crann Bethadh on Fintan Island/
-There is a limit of 500 raffle tickets for sale, but each pirate may buy as many of these as they'd like.
-On February 5th, all the poe gathered from the raffle ticket sales will be put towards the Exploration Package Auction in the form of a bid.
-There is no raffle if the collected poe is not enough to win Clotho's Auction.

The rundown (if the bid does not win):
-All poe will be refunded to each pirate who bought any amount of tickets. Zero poe will be kept from this raffle for myself.

The rundown (if the bid does win):
-Each ticket purchased will be assigned a number and a complete list of ticket numbers and their associated pirates will be posted in this thread.
-Each day following the compilation of the list, numbers will be taken from the Daily 3 (Evening) drawing from this site: http://www.calottery.com/Games/dailythree/winningnumbers/dailythreeeve.htm
-Once a number has won it cannot win again.
-The first draw will be for the Grand Frigate, and will follow down the list until each prize has a winner.

The Prizes:
  • Midas Class Grand Frigate (ported at Dragon's Nest) & Rename to an (adjective) Explorerfish for the Grand Frig
  • Imperial War Frigate (ported at Dragon's Nest) & A Clotho moseying around your ship, perhaps even puzzling! **
  • Inferno Class Sloop, Cursed Class Sloop, Phantom Class Sloop & Frost Class Sloop (all ported at Dragon's Nest)*
  • Full set of maps of the newly merged ocean & One of each of the following charts, random location: Cursed Isles, Atlantis, Haunted Seas
  • Explorer's banner, Brass telescope, Globe table, Bushel of apples, Basic meal, Tea set & Candles

*The Limited-Edition sloops are provided by myself, not by Clotho's auction.
Clotho wrote: 
** I will join your choice of pillage/SMH/Flotilla for at least an hour on a previously agreed-upon date, as long as you are using one of the ships won. This bit will take some to and fro in order to arrange a time/date, but I'll do my best to accommodate! Details can be arranged based on specific scenarios, but I'm pretty much open to participating on any "at sea" endeavor except blockades :)

The required disclaimer:
Please note that this event, as with any lottery or raffle, is run at the risk of the participants. If there is shown to be cheating or wrongdoing, the culprit will be punished, but no poe will be returned to participants affected. Please only enter if you trust the person or people hosting the event.

Editlog:
Edit1: Reduced raffle ticket price.
Edit2: Added clarification to "the rules" section.
Edit3: Corrected "the rules"section again.
Edit4: Fixed a broken URL.
----------------------------------------
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Stephensam at Jan 22, 2012 1:33:04 PM]
[Jan 21, 2012 6:32:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Re: Exploration Package Raffle [Win a Midas Grand Frigate][Deadline February 5th]

Reserved for Questions and Answers.
Q: Does anyone that doesn't win the raffle as posted on the forums receive a refund?
A: No. If the Exploration Package Auction is won no pirates receive a refund. All the poe goes to Clotho and the fabulous prizes are raffled amonst the pirates who bought tickets.
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Stephensam at Jan 21, 2012 7:01:26 AM]
[Jan 21, 2012 6:32:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
hodgdon

Re: Exploration Package Raffle [Win a Midas Grand Frigate][Deadline February 5th]

I love this idea, good work Stephensam.
Hodge, the man who forgot how to puzzle.
[Jan 26, 2012 1:40:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
uppy_pay

Put me down for one (cant buy off you from docks.. non sub)
Kattles, where it counts. (Cerulean)
[Jan 26, 2012 10:20:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackarius23

bought 3 units of stone, just wanted to say thanks steven for a nice event to make those 'elite' targeted events more accessible :)
Kork, Meridian
Jackarius, Cerulean

Cleaver is going to strangle all of you.

[Jan 27, 2012 6:18:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates