• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 20
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7459 times and has 19 replies Next Thread
marundel

Wednesday Night Sinking

Greetings. Starting Wednesday night (April 20th) at 4PM Game Time, and every Wednesday evening throughout April and May, Super Awesomeness will be hosting a sloops-only sinking event blockade at Cormorant island.

The time will shift each Wednesday, but will always be between 3PM and 9PM (when I get off work until when I go to bed.)

The blockades will all be one-round, tokens, alliances ignored. The type of boards will be different each time.

Participating flags will receive a bounty of 50 PoE for every buoy point they earn. The bounty will be paid to the monarch unless said monarch designates someone else in this thread to receive them.

Each week, the flag earning the most points will also receive an unpainted sloop with 20 rum and 100 small shot (hopefully to be used in the next event the following week.

There is no need to register bnavvers or ship names - just show up. There are no restrictions on when you can enter the board or how many times you can return with a fresh ship if you sink.

Check the Island News on the Cormorant Notice Board for details, and expect a sloop or two of our own to be out there to challenge. We hope to see you there.
----------------------------------------
Pizzahutpete on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince, Super Awesomeness
SO, Boochin' Drunks

Pizzahutpete everywhere, thanks to the merge
[Apr 16, 2011 2:56:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
cranepirates

Re: Wednesday Night Sinking

I will be there! =D
RIP Cobalt

Halflight of Cerulean
Captain of Treble Makers
King of Musicology
My Awesome Avatar by Angelira !
[Apr 16, 2011 3:01:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

Last night was fun - three folks advertised for jobbers, two of those wound up on the board. SA got to keep the giveaway sloop, since we successfully defended.

Wednesday, 27 April, start time at 5PM Game Time. Turbulent board.
SO, Boochin' Drunks

[Apr 21, 2011 7:10:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
Raider81

Last night was fun - three folks advertised for jobbers, two of those wound up on the board. SA got to keep the giveaway sloop, since we successfully defended.

Wednesday, 27 April, start time at 5PM Game Time. Turbulent board.

I bet it was SUPER AWESOME
Crip- Cerulean
Crip- Cobalt
Raider- Midnight
Raider- Azure

Galene tells ye, "Glad you have a sense of humor. Nice to give you a little trouble for all the trouble you have given us!"
[Apr 22, 2011 1:35:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

Okay - first, my apologies for messing up the settings last night. I forgot to check the "sinking" button. Also, apparently I left GFs on the list of allowable ships. Fortunately, no one tried to bring in a GF. Both those will be fixed for next week.

We had three entries last night. SA still managed to hang on to the prize sloop with 100 points.

Next week, the board layout will be "rocky". I will be advertising with a tournament or two ahead of time, since turnout has been low the last two weeks. A reminder that the bounties are paid to the monarch of the participating flags - this is intended to be incentive for flags to participate as teams.
SO, Boochin' Drunks

[Apr 28, 2011 3:20:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
angel2512

This sounds like fun, and if I was brave enough, might even give it a go - provided the time is right. GMT time zone here. LoL.
~Saphireangel~

SO of Mischievous Drifters,
Lady of Maniacal Menagerie,
Cerulean, once a Cobalt native.
(also lurking on all English oceans)

Angelfish collector
Avatar gorgeousness by the lovely Angelira!
[Apr 28, 2011 5:26:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

I set it for 4:30 Pirate Time
SO, Boochin' Drunks

[Apr 30, 2011 7:41:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

Shelled out just 1900 in PoE bonuses last night - and once again, the host flag retained the prize ship.

Sooooo...... to try to stimulate a little more participation, and attempt to get monarchs and royalty involved in organizing their respective flags, I am upping the ante a tad.

I am increasing the bouy bonuses to 100 PoE per point paid to the monarchs of each flag that scores. I will also place random amounts of PoE on board all Super Awesomeness ships on the board to allow for Treasure Haul should any of our ships get sunk. In addition I will be adding a random amount of commodities and finished goods to the hold/deck of the stocked sloop being awarded to the flag that has the most total points at the end of the round (the "winner" of the round.) All finished goods will be in "New" condition, and the total value of all additional items/commodities will be no less than 25K. Obviously, the winning monarch will be able to divide/dispose these items as he/she sees fit.

Next Wednesday's event will start at 5:30 PM Pirate Time, and will have a Dense board layout. Check the Cormorant island notice board 'Events' tab for additional information (it will be updated later today when I get off work.)
SO, Boochin' Drunks

[Edit 2 times, last edit by marundel at May 5, 2011 8:40:23 AM]
[May 5, 2011 7:57:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
cranepirates

950 of that poe was mine!

It was fun running desperatly away from the other shippy (that had a hearty on it trying to kill me!) Although I think it needs more participants. Come join you guys and girls out there! its fun, and if you sink, it's just a sloop!
RIP Cobalt

Halflight of Cerulean
Captain of Treble Makers
King of Musicology
My Awesome Avatar by Angelira !
[May 5, 2011 10:03:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Camen4

Thanks for the fun hope to see everyone next week :)

Camen
SO of Nautica Dominico

Camen on Cerulean (Cobalt)
[May 11, 2011 6:29:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

Three flags in the fight tonite, with 7300 PoE in payouts. No one claimed the prize sloop again this week, although Crimson Horizons had the lead at the end of the second segment. Also, no one sank, so no Treasure Haul... although whichever one of you was shooting at Fit Sailfish, you had him at 80% damage and undermanned in the third segment.

Same treasure opportunities next week - check the Notice Board on Cormorant (Events tab) for the board details.
SO, Boochin' Drunks

[May 11, 2011 6:41:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
raymondbaker

whichever one of you was shooting at Fit Sailfish, you had him at 80% damage and undermanned in the third segment.

that was an unaffiliated ship (crew but no flag) which I cant remember who was driving, we both had a good few shots in each other but in the end I ended up the winner by sinking him :D
Steveb Drunken Captain of the crew Boochin' Drunks
King/Monarch of the flag Super Awesomeness

Steveb on every English ocean (Cerulean, Emerald, Ice, Meridian)
[May 12, 2011 9:09:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fearbadge

that was an unaffiliated ship (crew but no flag) which I cant remember who was driving, we both had a good few shots in each other but in the end I ended up the winner by sinking him :D

That was me. Man I am still in awe about that bump sink. Boo :(
Fearbadge on Meridian/Cerulean

Feartime on Emerald

There is nothing more enticing, disenchanting, and enslaving than the life at sea -Joseph Conrad
[May 13, 2011 10:00:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

Just as an addendum, the OP said this would run Wednesdays through May. However, we don't think it's fair that May ends on a Tuesday... so we are running this Wednesday, next Wednesday, and then will do our final Wednesday on the first of June. Stay tuned for additional prize opportunities for that final Wednesday Night Sinking.
SO, Boochin' Drunks

[May 17, 2011 1:49:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
Camen4

Thanks for the fun this week looking forward to next week.

Camen
SO of Nautica dominico

[May 18, 2011 6:07:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
raymondbaker

Thanks for the fun this week looking forward to next week.

yes it was fun trying to catch ye :D and I look forward to meeting you again next week :D
Steveb Drunken Captain of the crew Boochin' Drunks
King/Monarch of the flag Super Awesomeness

Steveb on every English ocean (Cerulean, Emerald, Ice, Meridian)
[May 19, 2011 6:52:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

This week had four total flags on the board, more than 6K paid out in buoy bon uses, and one sink. Super Awesomeness once again successfully retained the prize sloop.

Next Wednesday is our last regular event; however we will be running a special "final" event on June 1st. Check here or the Events tab on the Notice Board at Cormorant for details as they develop.
SO, Boochin' Drunks

[May 19, 2011 9:26:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

Well, it's been a good time over the last 6 weeks, but it's time for it to come to an end - even if only temporarily. Our last Wednesday Night Sinking will take place on June 1st.

We've had several competitors over the last month and a half, and paid out some small amounts of PoE for flag bounties... but we have yet to have anyone sink/TH one of our host ships, and we have yet to have anyone win the prize sloop.

So... for our grand finale, we are changing it up yet again. The event is one round, sloops only, sinking, alliances ignored, tokens, dense obstacles.

Super Awesomeness sloops will be minimally manned (maximum of 5 bodies on board) to slow them down a little.

As long as we have sloops available, we will ensure a minimum of two sloops on the board at all times during the round.

Super Awesomeness sloops will each have between 5000 and 10,000 PoE on board - sink it and you get to Treasure Haul.

Buoy bonuses are increased to 200 PoE per point, and will be paid out to the on-scene pilots at the end of the round (if a competitor flag has more than one ship on the board, the PoE will be split between the pilots since we have no way of telling which ship scored which points.)

The prize ship will still be stocked, and will have some number of gold nuggets in the hold - awarded to the highest point scoring flag.

An additional sloop (no stock, no cargo) will be awarded to the second highest point-scoring flag.

Total treasure/prizes available is guaranteed to exceed 100,000 PoE in net asset value. We hope to see you there.
SO, Boochin' Drunks

[May 27, 2011 2:56:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

Three ships from two competing flags sank and treasure hauled 6 Super Awesomeness sloops. 4 SA sloops survived the round. Tempz won the prize sloop - fully stocked with 5 gold nuggets in the hold. Ldylunatic won the unstocked sloop.

I would like to thank everyone who has come out for Wednesday Night Sinking over the last several weeks. We've had a blast hosting.
SO, Boochin' Drunks

[Jun 2, 2011 4:02:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
Camen4

Really wished I could have came for the last two but thanks soo much to SA for running this GREAT event.

Camen
SO of Nautica dominico

[Jun 2, 2011 4:47:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates